2007-03-26 4:30 PM
in reply to: #733630

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2007-03-26 10:24 PM
in reply to: #737617

Subject: RE: Betsy's Group - FULL
Hello everyone!!!!

I'm alive! I'm really trying to get my senior thesis done so that I can graduate college!!!! YAY! But unfortunately, I've gotten somewhat slack. BOO!!

I have been running some and biking some and not swimming at all nor logging at all. I'm sorry. I'm the worst group member ever.

I'm in on this challenge though! I missed you all and your encouragement so much---I feel like this will really keep me here. I guess I just jumped into this whole triathlon thing so fast and was training 7 days a week for a couple months and just got so burnt out, not to mention doing poorly in school....I'm back. Thats all.

Jessie's April Distances as PROMISED to her wonderful group whom she will NOT let down:

Bike: 150 miles
Run: 50 miles
Swim: 10,000 *yards* (I have a yard pool)

Here we go. eek.

-Jessie
2007-03-27 6:56 AM
in reply to: #737617

2007-03-27 8:28 AM
in reply to: #633528

Regular
Not sure why I put down 24 miles on bike....I can easily do 100 over a months time.
2007-03-28 6:45 AM
in reply to: #738146

Edited by betsy 2007-03-28 6:46 AM
2007-03-28 6:05 PM

2007-03-28 6:20 PM

Regular
Ok, April challenge:

I'm going to guess and give numbers lower from what I KNOW I can do because we're going to be tapering for Nationals... so my actual distance might not quite make it, depending on how the taper goes. I've never done one.

SWIM: 10,000yds
BIKE: 130 miles
RUN (or equivalent time on elliptical machine due to injury): 40 "miles"

I'll definitely be stepping it back up come May. Not to worry.
2007-03-28 6:27 PM
in reply to: #740948

2007-03-28 8:38 PM

Hey girlfriends ....been busy for a few days and havent had an opportunity to reply. I have slacked off on my workouts and need to get it together....I spent today at a funeral for a Chicago Firefighter Billy Grant. Friday they were responding to a call went through an intersection and were hit by a school bus. It caused the ladder truck to flip over and  it sound as if he may have been ejected. You can watch the video at ....http://abclocal.go.com/wls/front...........brings life to reality for us thats for sure.

My challenge numbers

Run-30

Bike-100

Swim- 6000m

Ok ladies behave yourselves......xoxoxxo

2007-03-28 10:30 PM

Hey Y'all - I came home from work with a great story for y'all. A WIERD story at that. Unfortunately, I know have one wierd story and a bad story:

1. WIERD STORY: I was at work today, talking to a federal examiner we have helping us in Mississippi. He is from Austin, Texas. He started talking about his daugthers...he is very fond of all three of them. Then he started telling me about his daughter, Caren, that worked at the Clif Bar company. And then he mentioned she lives in Chicago....THEN I REALIZED - his daughter is "our" Caren - in this group! (she said that she reads the forums, but that she hasn't been logging her training here) SMALL WORLD!! We ended up talking on the phone today and she said that she will work towards a goal now and that we could encourage one another!! Her dad and I were totally shocked all morning long! I just had to share that with y'all!

2. I had a bad bike wreck today on my road bike, going about 25 m.ph. Mom and dad had to come pick me up. My shorts ripped and I have a bad "road burn" about 4 inches by 5 inches. SO - no riding for awhile and no running (b/c of the bum knee) and no swimming b/c that chlorine would burn this spot so bad. I slid on my right wrist and upper left thigh.

All I can do is laugh.
2007-03-29 8:05 AM

Regular
Carrie, so sorry about the wreck, I feel your pain . By-the-way, I work in Austin Texas! I live north is a town called Round Rock buy everything I do is in the city. I have many contacts with law enforcement here in town. My brother-n-law is a federal agent as well. It would be too weird if I knew who you are talking about. I understand confidenetiality, especially w/ investigators, but let me know off line if you can. I've always believed in 6 degrees of separation...sometimes it's more like 3-4 degrees. Anyway, heal up and get back on the saddle when you can. It took me a while to get back up on my road bike after I fell. Hang in there.

2007-03-29 2:23 PM

2007-03-31 2:30 PM
in reply to: #741179

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
Carrie! omg you poor thing! i'm glad you are OK. what caused your bike wreck? water or just too fast in a turn ? anyways.... i don't know how the gang is doing w/ the challenge....of march. I"m going to fall a little bit short betsy. i had every intention of putting in 4 or 5 miles on the tread yesterday and then getting in what i could to hit 40 today, butttt.... i totally ran out of energy yesterday after wts and swim. and today the timing just isn't going to happen for me to get a run in --- we have some serious pollen in NC and although the temps are heaven right now.. if i go out for an hour in this... i will pay dearly in the next 24hrs. it's so bad you can see yellow dust on everything! ick ick ick. we are supposed to get rain tomw so that will help in the short term yay ! anyways. hope everyone is having a gorgeous weeken. i'm sitting here sore and tired today, but going to get some dvd workoout in by day's end. ciao!
2007-03-31 4:11 PM
in reply to: #743993

2007-04-02 12:44 AM
in reply to: #744027

HI!!
Carrie--sorry about the wreck--I had my first fall last week, it was embarassing. Alex is used to me throwing fits and thought I would be mad at myself but it was actually really funny. I was trying to push the "walk" button for an intersection and just totally missed it...

Anyways, ITS SO GREAT TO BE BACK! I missed you all so much! CBirch--I'm so jealous about your school's tri group. I'm in college too, at Georgia Tech in Atlanta and our tri group is so lame. I think its about 15 people but only 3 or 4 actually do anything and all they do is group rides but they are way better than me. They average like 23 mph for about 40 miles...yeah, right. I do think some of them are going to the collegeiate USAT thing in a couple weeks though.

April started and today was the first day in quite some time I did some training with out wanting to (ie making myself do it). I'm happy...this challenge will be good. Alex set some April goals too (his are way longer than mine) but we're kinda holding each other to them too.

I got a tri suit and a wet suit and i love them both: Zoot tri suit, desota T1 pants + vest combo---its SOOOOO much easier to take off than a one piece! Pretty silly looking though. I'm going to the beach this weekend to practice. I'm terrified of the ocean.

Missed yall!
-Jessie

PS--Betsy, I think I saw that you're doing the 70.3 FL--Alex is doing it too! Its his first half, he's so excited.
2007-04-02 8:09 AM

Regular
I can sympathize with the pollen issue. Central Texas is in the middle of Oak season...green dust everywhere. Anyway, I had my best ride yet on Sunday. I managed to squeeze out 15.5 miles in less than an hour. I have to share my "hill" experience. I'm working on pumping hills (the Danskin course has 3 really NASTY ones) and I was ok on the first hill, but as I finished my route and came back for a 2nd hill I was starting to feel really tired. Half way up the hill I began to feel sick and had to pull over and throw up. This is probably TMI but after that I was good to go. Not sure what happened or why, I can only hope it dosn't happen during the race. Any suggestions?

11 weeks and counting to my first tri! I need some real accountability to complete bricks this month. I'm stepping up my run and bike distance, thanks to sprint training. Have a great week everyone!

2007-04-03 7:48 AM

Regular
Swimming today at lunch and DON'T want to. I'm trying to find every excuse not to go. I need encouragement, motivation, a good loud PEP talk, a kick in the butt, something so I'll get my _ ss to the pool!!! HELP!!!
2007-04-03 8:33 AM
in reply to: #746755

Shefner,

OK, Heres the deal: I was supposed to swim tomorrow morning but since I'm skipping my morning classes today, I'll move it up (hehe). (I'll love myself tomorrow around 7 for this). However, I'm NOT motivated to go whatsoever either...Its me and you babe, I'll go if you will! I'm planning on going around 1130 and if I get back and find out you didn't go, I'll be so hurt and let-down and sad!

HAVE A GREAT SWIM!
-Jessie
2007-04-03 8:40 AM

Regular
Ok, it's a deal. I'm going at 11:15 and plan to swim a full 800 meters. I'll report in and you do the same! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..........

BTW, love the dog picture. I need to post some of my Jack Russell (Lexy). Although she's not a human running partner, she's defininately a good substitute.
2007-04-03 1:23 PM

Regular
Thanks for your help Jessie! I did my 800 and would have kept going had they not kicked me out for the advanced swim hour. I was a little irritated...the way I was going, I could have kept up with the pros! I did rest between sets, but just enough to catch my breath and keep going.

Ok, what's your update? Fill us in? As for the rest of you, I want to see some good training logs this week. We are all here to help and motivate so take advantage of it and rely on a little accountability! Ok, I'm off my soap box, just feeling good today

2007-04-03 1:23 PM

2007-04-03 3:48 PM
in reply to: #747334

Shefner,

YAY! I'm so proud of us! Alex gave me a swim workout to do and I was only able to swim 30 minutes before class started (I was late getting there) so I did 1100 yds in 30 mins! I absolutely did not want to go either but we did it! Great job on your workout as well!

I've got to work tonight (yes, class all day, swim, wait tables and THEN bike) but I'm going to do just a quick 10 miles on the trainer tonight when I get home. I'm going to try to do some intervals again too.

-Jessie
2007-04-03 3:51 PM

2007-04-03 3:57 PM
in reply to: #743993

2007-04-03 4:03 PM