BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Express Mentor Group - closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 18

2008-04-14 9:10 AM
in reply to: #1334816

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL
Subject: RE: Manatee Express Mentor Group - closed

Weekly Recap

I had a decent training week, including three bikes and five runs (one was a 5K race).  I started adding some speedwork back into my run training because it fits into my schedule.  I want to add a long run back in, but until the century ride at the end of the month I need to spend the weekend time on riding. 

Good news -- I'm scheduled to have the plate removed from my shoulder on May 2nd, so after the incision heals I should be able to swim pain free!   For those of you who don't know about this, I fell on a wooden bridge during a run two years ago, slammed into the railing and broke my collarbone.  Spent a year trying to get it to heal, including electo-stimulus, but nothing worked.  I finally had to have a plate put in to hold the bones together, and when the doctor went in he discovered that the muscle had moved between the bones so it was never going to heal!  I've tried to swim with the plate (and even competed in a couple of triathlons), but the screws are really long and they keep grinding as I swim.  So this is the final step in getting back to it!

2008-04-14 9:28 AM
in reply to: #1334816

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Manatee Express - 2008-04-13 7:37 PM This week is a dilemma. I have a race Saturday and its my favorite race. Its local, it was my first, this year will be my 7th, and its held at the bar I grew up in. That said, I have a half ironman 4 weeks out and I really need to keep the run distance high this week. So if your looking on how to taper for a sprint, ignor my logs this week. I plan on doing a 2 hour run on Tuesday and a 40 mile bike Wednesday and neither of those belong in a taper week. I will swim Monday and Wednesday and try to get in an additional run and bike but that may be pushing it.

I didn't realize you were training for the HIM.  That's great!  I was thinking about driving down there to see what it's all about.

Are you following a particular training plan, or have you developed one yourself?  I just can't imagine the preparation required for this.  I was just talking with my husband about training the other night, and how I am so tired all of the time.  The point was that I couldn't imagine training for anything longer than what I already am doing.  The lead in to the half marathon was brutal, and now the century ride is tough (and I haven't even been hitting it as hard as I should).  And I can't even talk about the swim!  So putting together the training required for this effort is almost beyond comprehension.

Any advice?

2008-04-14 8:33 PM
in reply to: #1333400

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

Chappy & Gang

Weekly recap - well - this is gonna be a weak one - so bear with me.  Last weekend GyGy and I ran Cooper in Charleston and I had some recouping to do after that - I had a couple of blisters which have finally healed but even now when I run I can feel where they used to be....I got one day of swimming in this past week, 1 short run & and 1 long bike ( stationary bike ) endurance ride in...the other days I was takin off for other reasons - work, house stuff, and well...I just had a rough week to be honest....so its been kinda tough gettin back in the groove since Cooper....but I think this week will get me back on track...I start my Masters swim class tomorrow so the swim's are gonna be steppin up a notch and I am still plannin on workin the base buildin/speed drills on runs as well..I am takin it sorta easy since this is a recovery week for me accordin to my trainin plan for my next tri which is in June.  SO - the biking will obviously be more actual road biking now I have my Parma - I plan on pickin it up Thursday after my fittin/tuning ....I soooo cannot wait to ride this machine!!!  Cooper was my biggest accomplishment last week - and it was a biggie in my running book..I have not ran a 10k in about 7 years so ..I beat my old time and had a great time doing it...it was a fun run...tough at the end...but I had a blast running over the new bridge and doing it with GyGy and my good friend Luis made it that much more  enjoyable...so...starting this week off with a nice leg cramp as of today...gosh..I gotta run a 5k next weekend..I hope my calf feels better or I might have to reconsider running and I hate doing that...I gotta feelin I could run this one in good time...but we'll just have to see how this week goes......

2008-04-14 8:41 PM
in reply to: #1116072

User image

Regular
Hebron, KY

Sledge,

Pure inexperience speaking here in regards to a HIM, which I will attempt later on this year. From the outside looking in I believe that your run base is already enough for the HIM and if you are planning on a Century later this month then it would appear that the bike is good as well. I am currently using an Olympic distance plan but the difference between it and the HIM is not that substantial. There are some longer runs and bike rides but where I see the most difference is in the swim workouts. This is my weakest area and it absolutely crushed me to attempt some of the workouts in the program. 3500 m in a workout. Who do they think they are kidding?

I do remember battling fatigue in Dec/Jan when I was putting in 12 - 15 hours a week and swimming really sapped some energy out of me being a big ole boy and all. It could have been the weight lifting that was integrated into the plan as well because my legs have always taken a couple of days to recover after lifting weights. Another point is that I am merely attempting to finish the first one and then move forward and attempt to speed up my time in hopes of placing respectably. In my opinion, after you get some swimming back in your training plan I think that you will do incredibly well with the amount of training you already have in the other two disciplines. You just have to listen to your body and train by feel also. Good luck and maybe we should also just plan to do the Gulf Coast HIM next year with Ken. I'm in, do we have any others that might be interested?

Edited by cchapman3 2008-04-14 8:42 PM
2008-04-14 9:40 PM
in reply to: #1337990

New user
Chicago, Illinois
cchapman3 - 2008-04-14 8:41 PM

Good luck and maybe we should also just plan to do the Gulf Coast HIM next year with Ken. I'm in, do we have any others that might be interested?

I totally would do it. I bet I could get the time off. I haven't even done this year's Olympic and I'm already thinking about half Ironman. Cool!

--Natalie
2008-04-15 5:14 AM
in reply to: #1338112

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL
nevans71 - 2008-04-14 9:40 PM

Good luck and maybe we should also just plan to do the Gulf Coast HIM next year with Ken. I'm in, do we have any others that might be interested?

I totally would do it. I bet I could get the time off. I haven't even done this year's Olympic and I'm already thinking about half Ironman. Cool! --Natalie

I feel the same way -- no Olympic under my belt, but I'm ready to sign up.  We're nuts!

2008-04-15 5:29 AM
in reply to: #1337990

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Sledge,

Pure inexperience speaking here in regards to a HIM, which I will attempt later on this year. From the outside looking in I believe that your run base is already enough for the HIM and if you are planning on a Century later this month then it would appear that the bike is good as well. I am currently using an Olympic distance plan but the difference between it and the HIM is not that substantial. There are some longer runs and bike rides but where I see the most difference is in the swim workouts. This is my weakest area and it absolutely crushed me to attempt some of the workouts in the program. 3500 m in a workout. Who do they think they are kidding?

I do remember battling fatigue in Dec/Jan when I was putting in 12 - 15 hours a week and swimming really sapped some energy out of me being a big ole boy and all. It could have been the weight lifting that was integrated into the plan as well because my legs have always taken a couple of days to recover after lifting weights. Another point is that I am merely attempting to finish the first one and then move forward and attempt to speed up my time in hopes of placing respectably. In my opinion, after you get some swimming back in your training plan I think that you will do incredibly well with the amount of training you already have in the other two disciplines. You just have to listen to your body and train by feel also. Good luck and maybe we should also just plan to do the Gulf Coast HIM next year with Ken. I'm in, do we have any others that might be interested?

Chip, 

I'm wondering if I'm so tired because I'm not used to all of the biking.  And based on your experience, I'll probably run into the same thing once I can start swimming too.  Uh oh...

I really don't feel like I've got the base I need for biking.  There's always a time issue, and biking takes seriously more time than running for comparable results.  All I can do is keep plugging away at it and hope that there is a breakthrough at some point.  As far as listening to my body, I have started incorporating more rest days into my training, and that definitely seems to be helping.

So we should all plan for a FL HIM in 2009.

Cheri

2008-04-15 5:59 AM
in reply to: #1335938

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Sledge - 2008-04-14 9:28 AM

That's great!  I was thinking about driving down there to see what it's all about.

Are you following a particular training plan, or have you developed one yourself?  I just can't imagine the preparation required for this.  I was just talking with my husband about training the other night, and how I am so tired all of the time.  The point was that I couldn't imagine training for anything longer than what I already am doing.  The lead in to the half marathon was brutal, and now the century ride is tough (and I haven't even been hitting it as hard as I should).  And I can't even talk about the swim!  So putting together the training required for this effort is almost beyond comprehension.

Any advice?

Cheri, I almost suggested you go down and watch that race but I didn't because I didn't want to push you to that distance. Going to that race will make you want to do that race and I wanted you to get to that point without the race to stimulate you there. Sounds like your mind is already there. Good! My gut says that is going to be a good distance for you.

Funny thing, if you were swimming I would say you are ready for that distance today. I think on a bike/run you would beat me today but you gotta work out swimming and you have to learn nutrition. As for training, I do my own plan these days. I have studied alot of different pllans and gotten to the point of being compfortable making my own. My basic template is each of the sports 3 times a week with one workout designated as LSD. I build the LSD up to race distance (or close to it). Every 4th week is a recovery week and the LSD is dropped significantly and rest days are there every week. If I have a busy week, I may use a 30 hour rule as an off day (ex swim Monday morning and then run Tuesday PM).

The other area we are different is goal wise. I think you probably would like to be more competitive than I am and I think you would be as long as you come off the bike not feeling exhausted. Keep riding that bike and start swimming you will be there easily next year. You could be in the fall but I think race experience this year would serve you better.

I did my first half iron in my third season and had never completed an Olympic Distance triathlon before that. My longest race prior to that was a half marathon. My longest try was probably a 1000 swim, 20 bike, and 4 mile run. I was so slow and it was torture but I made it (6 hours 54 minutes). I made it down to 6:19 in 2006.

Come on down to Panama City for the race, but be prepared to have your obsession raised to a new level ))
2008-04-15 12:20 PM
in reply to: #1338390

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Ken,

Thanks for all of the encouragement!  I have so much to say that I don't really know where to start.  First, I think you do have me pegged -- I am a competition freak!  Before my first tri last year I "said" I just wanted to finish, but in my heart I knew I wanted to place and I wanted to finish in under an hour.  I think I go into every race like that.  So when I say things like I don't feel like I'm ready for the bike, it's more because I don't feel as prepared as I do for the run.  Does that make sense?

And so with that said, I still feel like I need a lot more base miles on the bike before I feel comfortable.  I know it's unrealistic to expect the same level as my run, but that's just me.  I have to work on conditioning and endurance.  This century ride coming up has helped me focus, but it's still a little soon.  Oh well, that part can't be helped.

I am working on the nutrition area through training, although I believe that hydration during running is always going to be an issue for me.  But on the bike I'm doing good with it, especially since I use my camelback and drinking through the bite valve helps.  I think the century ride for me will be helpful too.  It's not a race, but it certainly will be grueling enough that I'll have to take the nutrition seriously.  To be exercising for that long will have an impact, and I'm trying hard to be very prepared for it.

I like your idea of devising your own training plan.  When you say you build up to a race distance LSD for each workout, you don't really do the race distance in each sport during the same week (or do you?).  And are you flexible each week, or do you alternate sports, or how do you do it?  Actually, you don't really need to answer this -- I can go check out your logs and figure it out.  I'm just finding that the canned training plans don't fit my crazy schedule too great, and instead I'm just off doing what I feel like anyway!  And I love the 30 hour rule, and will definitely take that to heart!

Sorry for writing a novel on this subject, and I'm probably boring the rest of your mentorees.  But if we're all going to do the GC next year, we need to be prepared.

I'm excited about observing the race in Panama City, and I will embrace the obsession!

2008-04-15 8:05 PM
in reply to: #1337978

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Rusty,

Is that bike rideable yet????? Man we gotta find something else for you to buy with all that cash you saved! Have you got your tax rebate yet? Any ideas chappy.
2008-04-15 8:27 PM
in reply to: #1340568

User image

Regular
Hebron, KY

I found a set of Mavic Elite wheels that he can donate to a charity. PDW4K charity. (Poor dude with 4 kids) LOL

Seriously my best advice would be to use some of the left over cash and get some really good shorts, the best bang for the buck out there in my opinion. I bought some cheap shorts initially and then bought my next set for maybe $50. After battling some issues I finally splurged and bought some Giordana Tenax bibs. Issues are gone and I also have an ISM Adamo road saddle which helped out as well. Look on eBay and get New with tags and you can get a better deal.

Other than that I would say that shoes and pedals or maybe an aero hydration system but those are cheap. Profile Design just came out with a new one that got rid of the funky yellow sponge and this one has two drink chambers for H20 and an energy drink.

The best idea I think would be for him to go ahead and register for the 2009 Gulf Shores HIM. I don't know if he read the comment in the other post or not. We can all go out and haze ourselves for a couple of hours and then reflect on our experience with some good chow and cold one or two. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST RECOMMENDATION.

Edited by cchapman3 2008-04-15 8:28 PM

2008-04-15 10:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC
LOL - you 2 are crackin me up!!  Yea - I did save some dough and I will end up spendin some that on lil tweakers here and there like Chappy was mentioning.  I have my tri shorts ( Sugoui ) that I can ride in for now, they were pretty comfortable in my race back in March and considering the crap I went thru and the road rash they came out unscarred!!  So - kudos to them for makin a good tri short!!  But - I could use some bike gear, I already ordered a jersey from my tri club that I am in - they are pretty sweet lookin and I hope they will spread the word about our club....while also keepin me in the "fashion zone" for bikin!!  LOL  ....you just feel more the part when your dressed for it - Chappy - you know what I mean man- being a military man...you put that uniform on and it's like your a Transformer!  LOL  I herd from my buddy at the LBS that he assembled my bike yesterday!!  WOOOt  - plus he is a member of the club I am in  - so - he was stoked for me when he saw my Parma...I go in for fitting and pickup Thursday!!!!  I will have pic's posted no later then Friday...Ken - my tax rebate was gobbled up by the dreaded credit card gnome...so...I gotta keep that lil bastard off my back!!  But  - I did get a decent pay raise this year ( 7.6 % ) so I plan on takin some of that extra cash and plunkin it away and investing in some bike stuff as I see fit....of course..what I have Mrs.Hawk must have as well so....all that in due time.  I know she is gettin a bigger saddle on her's already ....cha ching!!  LOL...and of course some streamers on the handles bars and a lil ding ding bell so she can warn others of her dominance as she flys past them with blazin brakes applied!!!!  LOL...ok...I know she reads this forum so I should be good...ahhh..she knows I am just kidden.  Hmmmm..HIM .....not sure I am, ready for that...maybe an Olympic Tri ....that's attainable in 2009...you big timers can go HIM ...I will root for ya and have the cold one's Chappy talked about waitin on ice when you 2 finish it!!  Cheers !!
2008-04-16 6:41 AM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Rusty,

Go stand in front of the mirror and practice yelling on your left. Thats what you yell as you pass people on the bike.
2008-04-16 7:34 AM
in reply to: #1340949

User image

Regular
Hebron, KY

Papa Hawk,

After a few cold ones I probably shouldn't speak at length but you are ready for a HIM and you are talking yourself out of it.  I am not rushing anything but you have a year to train and you rocked your first sprint in conditions that many of us would have just gone home.  I think that it is a very achievable goal and one that you would do very well.  I know that the Master's sessions just began but you will make dramatic improvements over the next couple of months. Your run has improved dramatically and your new bike is going to give you the bug.  I am telling you that you and GyGy Hawk need to sign up and I will bring the whole crew down there and it will be a blast and we can just push each other through the tough times and give praise during the easy times.  After all it is only 70.3 and you get to call it a day.  Maybe something to think about but nonetheless if you want to have a cold one it would be my pleasure.  YOU NEED TO SIGN UP!!!! LOL!!!

2008-04-16 7:43 AM

User image

Regular
Hebron, KY

Fellow Manatees,

Who is up for the HIM at Gulf Shores next year?  I am definitely in unless duty calls me off to some really sandy place.  I would really like to see all of us there next year as Panama City is a blast and Florida is a great place to spread your wings and fly. It is also great preparation for the Ironman in Florida next year.  I don't want to push anyone but it is more than a year out and that gives us plenty of time.  I will even come run in the snow if I have too.

2008-04-16 8:55 AM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Chappy, you can't make me think that far in advance. I gotta make it through this one. New Orleans has a 70.3 race next year and I was thinking about doing that instead if my body will still go that far. That said, Gulf Coast is a great race and a perfect tune up if you plan on doing ironman florida. I think this is the 26th year for the race. It used to be one of the glamour half iron races that sold out early but since the 70.3 rage has created so many half's it has lost some of it's luster. Still a great race and an atmosphere that really makes you feel special and if you guys are coming I will probably be there too.

2008-04-16 5:00 PM
in reply to: #1341260

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

HIM in Gulf Shore sounds like a blast but I think I need to take my Triathlete career 1 step at a time - I can see me doing an Olympic tri in 2009 - then after that - maybe ...just maybe a HIM.  I started this journey for the fun factor and not to see how far I could take it - training for an HIM takes alot of time - time which I do not think I have.  Chappy - I appreciate your endorsement about me being ready for a HIM though I think you may have written that after one too many cold ones!!! LOL...beers muscles and I can do ANYTHING!!!  LOLOLOL.  But - I can see me acheiving Olympic tris - that is attainable and a realistic goal for me.  So - for you folks considering HIM ...more power to ya's!!  I am with you all in spirit....and maybe I will venture down that way to soak all the adrenline up from the scene and root for you all and hell..I'll even have a cold beer with ya after you finish!!  I have a friend in my tri club that is doing a HIM in NC soon at White Lake out in eastern NC..I may go out and watch this one and cheer him on...maybe after I see one in person I may get the itch to try one...but for now I am content with sprint tri's....I am just gettin started and you crazy folks are talkin HIM ....lemme get some mileage under my belt and then we can talk crazy...LOL...gettin my bike tomorrow !!!  WOOTTTT!! 

papa

2008-04-16 9:00 PM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Rusty, et al.

Don't let chappy and my half iron batter get to you. I totally encourage you to do races because your enjoying them. If your training time and desire drives you to go longer go for it but having fun racing and training is whats most important. I would encourage you to get the experience over the next year or two and then decide if you have the time and desire to go further. I have seen alot of folks try to move too fast and then end up giving it up all together.

My personal experience was 2 years of racing and I did a half ironman in the 3rd season. I probably wasn't ready and I suffered alot but I did it. Physically I prefer sprint distance races but I love training for the long stuff. It probably has alot to do with spending time with friends and my wife, challenging each other and just having fun. Funny, I don't really care for the Olympic Distance races and unless I have a huge financial windfall I don't see myself ever having time to train for a full ironman again.
2008-04-16 11:25 PM
in reply to: #1343566

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

Ken,

I am not letting you  2 maniac's get to me - I am just laughin about it  - and I am takin it all in knowing truly what you 2 are up 2!    So - not to worry..I am takin my time and running the races I feel I know I can acheive...and ya never know- I may see myself in a HIM someday!!  But like your stated - it takes time and other sacrifices to make HIM or IM...I do not see me doing either this year or next..I never see me doing an IM...but maybe an HIM.  I am smart about what I am choosing to participate in...and I am still in it for the fun of it, and the training...is really the most beneficial piece of the puzzle - whether I compete or not - I am still gonna train.  Alot of the folks I know that are training for HIM or IM are consumed about it- training for them is living the life of an HIM - or IM - they are somewhat obsessive about it  - but I can understand why to some degree....that just ain't where I am right now - and I never see me becoming that wrapped up in is...ya know - to each his own....but for me....I am havin a ball just doing my thing right now.  I am not knockin those that train or go 4 the ultimate goal - more power and respect to those folks - it's a serious accomplishment to run a HIM and IM....those are no joke - I have read the stories and seen the video's from Kona....that is just insane.   I do think that once I get to a point where I need to or want to challenge myself I will take it to the next level....that's my nature...when you get complacent ...then it's time to change up and take it up a notch.  Thanks for the note - and by no means did you 2 beat me up with all this HIM talk - it's good stuff!!!  I would like to come down there to see it though...seriously...if you or Chappy run it I am there!!! or anyone from our group for that matter....

2008-04-17 9:20 AM
in reply to: #1343806

User image

Regular
Hebron, KY

PapaHawk,

Did you ever happen to read my signature line?  It speaks volumes of truth but I agree with your point of view and that it should be enjoyable.  I guess that I am just addicted to competing at longer distances than the previous one.  However I have to agree with Ken in that I enjoy the Sprint races as they are quick, down, and dirty and before you know it you are done.  It must be the bipolar in me that makes me want to put my body through so much to enjoy a moment in the spotlight.  One day I shall hear, "Chip Chapman you are now an IRONMAN".  Then I can go and get my tattoo and go back to eating chicken wings and drinking barley pop.  See you next year in Panama City because as soon as I can register I am going to committ myself as it is an excellent stepping stone for the Ironman Florida, which is probably the course best suited for me due to the flat bike ride.  Keep on training and who know what will happen.  Cheers.

2008-04-17 4:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

Announcment!!  Here ye Here ye...my pony has arrived!!!  GyGy and I went in for out fittings this morning and when I walked in the lbs and saw her sitting on the trainer it was Christmas all over again....LOL   what can I say...I love my new bike!!  I am gonna call her Black Beauty"..cause she it a beaut for sure.....Bob - the bike fitter - put us thru the works during the fitting, good call on getting this done as I would have no clue on how I should ride, sit, and work this new marvel of machinary that my glazed over eyes were beholding....he started by takin our inseam measurements and after that he determined I really could have gone with a 56cm frame vs the 59, but since we have them now, he said we could make it work for me.  GyGy's frame size was pretty much spot on - though he said she could have gone with a 54cm vs the 55 she got - so - she was really in good shape.  Then we went thru adjustment of the saddles and he watch us ride them for bit  - checking the length of our legs when we pedaled and so forth, showed us the in's and out's with the gears...I never used this type before - you push a button and it shifts gears, and then there is a paddle for the other gear ......so...I played with them getting used to how they work...tested the aerobars for comfort and he watched this as well...looking for position and how how form looked on them as we rode.  We both we so excited - I think I never stopped smiling the whole time we were there!!!  After watching us ride and talkin to us about how they felt currently - Bob said " ya know Rusty - that frame size is actually not that bad for you"...he thought based on his measurements it was gonna be tough setting this up for me and it ended up being spot on..that was reassuring to say the least to hear him say that...I was a lil worried when he told me I could have gone with the 56cm...but it all actually came together after I got on it and he saw me using it...I love the setup and it feels just fine....so....we are both happy campers!!  And that extra money I saved you were talkin about Ken & Chappy - well - I found some stuff while I was there to spend it on!!! LOL...GyGy and I both got a pair of nice cycle shorts - we both ended up with the Pearl Izumi's - they were very comfortable and plenty of padding where ya need it!! So - now it's done - bike is home - got my gear - just waiting on the pedals and shoes to come in ( I found both online and got the pedals on Ebay for dirt cheap  - brand new! )  I ended up going with the SPD type pedals for now - since I can use the shoe I bought for them and then if I choose to hit a spin class sometimes I can wear them in there as well - serves dual purpose and I felt like I will get the most for my $$ with this shoe/pedal setup for now...maybe I will grow into some road shoes and clipless pedals later.  After all the hoopla - I  still had a Masters swim to go to today so I had to tell my wife bye and my new bike as well  - I loaded it up on the 4 runnner as we were leavin - OMG - it is sooooooo light!!...this is gonna be soooo much fun to ride compared to the Walmart ripper.....I got the fever now folks..weather is lookin better and with this new machine....I know I am gonna get mondo improvement in cycle time and confidence as well.....so..without further ado - I present "Papa's Parma"  aka: Black Beauty!! More pic's in my album!

Edited by papahawk 2008-04-17 8:34 PM

2008-04-17 5:54 PM
in reply to: #1345730

User image

Regular
Hebron, KY

Papa,

What a machine you have there?  Wait until you get a chance to ride it around for a couple of miles and put all that power you built on your "Lead sled" lol to use on this featherweight.  Just remember what Ken said and get some practice yelling Passing on your left.  Those Pearl Izumi's are really good shorts and I used a couple of them from the high end to the low end with no issues.  I don't know if there is a better chamois that the 3D Pro other than the one I found in the Giordana bibs I have now. I think it is the material in the short more so than the chamois.  Get out and enjoy the weather and get some miles in on "Black Beauty".

2008-04-17 5:55 PM
in reply to: #1344327

New user
Chicago, Illinois
cchapman3 - 2008-04-17 9:20 AM

PapaHawk,

Did you ever happen to read my signature line?  It speaks volumes of truth but I agree with your point of view and that it should be enjoyable.  I guess that I am just addicted to competing at longer distances than the previous one.  However I have to agree with Ken in that I enjoy the Sprint races as they are quick, down, and dirty and before you know it you are done.  It must be the bipolar in me that makes me want to put my body through so much to enjoy a moment in the spotlight.  One day I shall hear, "Chip Chapman you are now an IRONMAN".  Then I can go and get my tattoo and go back to eating chicken wings and drinking barley pop.  See you next year in Panama City because as soon as I can register I am going to committ myself as it is an excellent stepping stone for the Ironman Florida, which is probably the course best suited for me due to the flat bike ride.  Keep on training and who know what will happen.  Cheers.

Barley pop, that's a good one. I'm going to have to start using that...
2008-04-17 8:46 PM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Rusty,

You do need to get some bib shorts. When you don't feel like cycling, you can put them on and pretend your a wrestler. WOOOOO
2008-04-17 8:57 PM
in reply to: #1346074

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

Manatee Express - 2008-04-17 9:46 PM Rusty, You do need to get some bib shorts. When you don't feel like cycling, you can put them on and pretend your a wrestler. WOOOOO

whoa, bad mental picture.  LOL

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Express Mentor Group - closed Rss Feed  

of 18