BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-09-15 10:07 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
What up peeps?  Happy Tuesday... was at work yesterday, but in the ol' court house staring at the walls of a witness room for much of it.  All for 20 minutes of testimony! 

Congrats on the job Nicole!  I don't know which story is worse though... the cutting the finger to the bone or KFK putting some stitches in there for ya.  WTF? he can chop you up and then stitch you up too ~ now I see why you picked him.  Multi~talented

On another note....   I got 'chicked' in the pool this morning by two women... both used the same lane (one after the other), both of which were obviously swimmers in another life... dirty B's!  They were swimming so dadgum fast, even when I 'tried' to sprint 25m's... couldn't keep pace.  It was like Eric in a one piece (with nice boobs BTW) was swimming next to me.  The second woman was 'hot' and waayyyy fast... I may have been swimming slower, simply to watch her swim past me!

I hate fast swimmers! I hate uber cyclists! and I hate Elite runners!  They all make this crap seem way too easy!  dirty, rotten, son's of $#^@%@*@&^!()*^@)*(#^&*^&(*_@#_*!!!!!!!

Whew!  I am glad I got that out!  the stress of it all!

2009-09-15 12:31 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I'm about to be mean to two of my co-workers and would love if somebody would talk me down.

Starting yesterday, several of the women in my office started this new diet.  One of them is visiting a weight loss clinic and is sharing "the program" with everyone else.

It begins with a two day "cleanse" in which they are capped out at 500 calories a day and allowed nothing but lean protien (chicken, tuna, etc) to eat.

After that they get to "ramp up" to a whole 1000 calories a day for the next 3 weeks.

Following that they are allowed to add 50 calories a week until they stop losing weight.

They are guaranteed to lose up to 30 lbs in a month.

I have two degrees.  One is in communication.  The second is in nutrition.  I'm going to effing cry if I have to listen to much more of this.

Help.  me.
2009-09-15 12:33 PM
in reply to: #2407114

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Hehe, I do'nt know why but I find it hysterical that you called them "boobs".

Better than fun bags I guess.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-15 11:07 AM What up peeps?  Happy Tuesday... was at work yesterday, but in the ol' court house staring at the walls of a witness room for much of it.  All for 20 minutes of testimony! 

Congrats on the job Nicole!  I don't know which story is worse though... the cutting the finger to the bone or KFK putting some stitches in there for ya.  WTF? he can chop you up and then stitch you up too ~ now I see why you picked him.  Multi~talented

On another note....   I got 'chicked' in the pool this morning by two women... both used the same lane (one after the other), both of which were obviously swimmers in another life... dirty B's!  They were swimming so dadgum fast, even when I 'tried' to sprint 25m's... couldn't keep pace.  It was like Eric in a one piece (with nice boobs BTW) was swimming next to me.  The second woman was 'hot' and waayyyy fast... I may have been swimming slower, simply to watch her swim past me!

I hate fast swimmers! I hate uber cyclists! and I hate Elite runners!  They all make this crap seem way too easy!  dirty, rotten, son's of $#^@%@*@&^!()*^@)*(#^&*^&(*_@#_*!!!!!!!

2009-09-15 12:37 PM
in reply to: #2407114

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
umm I have seen your times...you are knocking yourself.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-15 10:07 AM What up peeps?  Happy Tuesday... was at work yesterday, but in the ol' court house staring at the walls of a witness room for much of it.  All for 20 minutes of testimony! 

2009-09-15 12:42 PM
in reply to: #2407520

User image

LMAO!  I just sat through a similar BS session about diet, weight loss and exercise with a few fat cops in a witness room the size of a closet... and the three guys feel like it is totally necessary to justify their lack of exercise and inability to eat right by explaining what they were gonna do yesterday morning, had that not had to come to court and mess up their whole new routine they were about to start... oh yeah, and how P90X is gonna solve all their problems!!!

Step away from the butcher knives, hatchets, and ice picks.... there will be no killing of co-workers for their ignorance to diet, exercise or lack there of.... given their idiocy (and 30lb weight loss in a month) they may die on their own!  ohhh sorry, that was kinda evil! [Every Villian Is Lemons]

Nicole83 - 2009-09-15 12:31 PM I'm about to be mean to two of my co-workers and would love if somebody would talk me down.

Starting yesterday, several of the women in my office started this new diet.  One of them is visiting a weight loss clinic and is sharing "the program" with everyone else.

It begins with a two day "cleanse" in which they are capped out at 500 calories a day and allowed nothing but lean protien (chicken, tuna, etc) to eat.

After that they get to "ramp up" to a whole 1000 calories a day for the next 3 weeks.

Following that they are allowed to add 50 calories a week until they stop losing weight.

I have two degrees.  One is in communication.  The second is in nutrition.  I'm going to effing cry if I have to listen to much more of this.

Help.  me.
2009-09-15 12:50 PM
in reply to: #2407549

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Oh GOD!  That's something else I don't get.

Why must you "start" these things on a Monday?

And if you "mess up" on Tuesday, why must you wait until the following Monday to start over?

So I had a cookie for lunch.  Doesn't mean I need to eat a large pizza for dinner.

Grrrrrr.

See, I'm psychotic.  It's a good thing I don't have any sharp implements nearby.

Uh oh, i just spotted a letter opener...

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-15 1:42 PM LMAO!  I just sat through a similar BS session about diet, weight loss and exercise with a few fat cops in a witness room the size of a closet... and the three guys feel like it is totally necessary to justify their lack of exercise and inability to eat right by explaining what they were gonna do yesterday morning, had that not had to come to court and mess up their whole new routine they were about to start... oh yeah, and how P90X is gonna solve all their problems!!!

Step away from the butcher knives, hatchets, and ice picks.... there will be no killing of co-workers for their ignorance to diet, exercise or lack there of.... given their idiocy (and 30lb weight loss in a month) they may die on their own!  ohhh sorry, that was kinda evil! [Every Villian Is Lemons]

Nicole83 - 2009-09-15 12:31 PM I'm about to be mean to two of my co-workers and would love if somebody would talk me down.

Help.  me.

2009-09-15 12:57 PM
in reply to: #2407520

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
You will never win. At the start of last year I started eating better and got my office mate to join me. I know how to eat right but I dont always do it. Anyways I lost like 30 in 4 months and she lost like 60 over 7 months. Everyone else in the office was like can you write me up something. So I did for about 8 of the woman here. They freaked out. "I have to have 3 Cokes a day" "How do you not eat 1/2 lb of butter on xxx" "Why is fried chichen bad, its chicken". No one stuck with it. At the same time another woman (50-60lbs overweight) had started her "plan". She was touting to the ladies how well her plan works. Basically a points one and you could eat anything you wanted as long as you dont go over thier points. All the woman liked that because they could eat anything they wanted. Too bad they used up all thier points by lunch. I would ask about every 2 weeks how they were doing and none lost weight and non stuck with it. They lso some to start but then gain more back. The same "plan" lady starts a new plan every 3-4 months and tries to get a few to join her. Never has worked.  

This is a race you cant win. Just sit back and shake your head.

Help.  me.
2009-09-15 1:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Gosh isn't that truth Todd?  I know the plan with the points is Weight Watchers.  I actually have a friend who lost weight on that one.  At least with Weight Watchers you aren't depriving your body of carbs!  I hate those diets that say cut this out or that out...umm...it's in the food pyramid you need it!

And 500 calories a day!  Are you kidding me?  I would pass out.  I need more way more calories than that!  That's like one bowl of cereal. 

On the other hand I know most of these people mean well.  I have family members that struggle with it - lack of motivation is the main reason.  I don't know about the other girls but one of my fears is that when I do get pregnant (not in the near future), I won't be able to lose the weight afterward.  Nicole/Kelli - you have that fear?
2009-09-15 1:08 PM
in reply to: #2407537

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Justin - I have to agree with Todd here!  You're a speedy mo-fo!

Newtons1st - 2009-09-15 12:37 PM umm I have seen your times...you are knocking yourself.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-15 10:07 AM What up peeps?  Happy Tuesday... was at work yesterday, but in the ol' court house staring at the walls of a witness room for much of it.  All for 20 minutes of testimony! 

2009-09-15 1:14 PM
in reply to: #2407623

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I am not going to have kids, but I know that is a VERY real fear for many of my friends who are pregnant and starting families.

My sister actually just had a breakdown about it this morning.

But many of the women who I know who were fit, healthy and active going into their pregnancies gained a healthy amount of weight for the baby and were easily able to take it off afterwards.

Where I see women struggle is when they are overweight and not physically active and healthy going into the pregnancy.  I understand that typically these women are the ones who gain weight in additition to what they need for a healthy pregnancy, and have more trouble losing it once they deliver.

Betsy, I think you will be totally fine.  You and Eric will totally breed olympic gold medalists.   And they will be freaking cute!

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-15 2:06 PM Gosh isn't that truth Todd?  I know the plan with the points is Weight Watchers.  I actually have a friend who lost weight on that one.  At least with Weight Watchers you aren't depriving your body of carbs!  I hate those diets that say cut this out or that out...umm...it's in the food pyramid you need it!

And 500 calories a day!  Are you kidding me?  I would pass out.  I need more way more calories than that!  That's like one bowl of cereal. 

On the other hand I know most of these people mean well.  I have family members that struggle with it - lack of motivation is the main reason.  I don't know about the other girls but one of my fears is that when I do get pregnant (not in the near future), I won't be able to lose the weight afterward.  Nicole/Kelli - you have that fear?
2009-09-15 1:15 PM
in reply to: #2407626

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Haha, I totally missed this.

To join the "stroking Justin's Ego" club, I concur.  You LITERALLY run a mile in half the time it takes me homeboy.  I don't want to hear talk like that out of you.  You're superfast.

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-15 2:08 PM Justin - I have to agree with Todd here!  You're a speedy mo-fo!

Newtons1st - 2009-09-15 12:37 PM umm I have seen your times...you are knocking yourself.

2009-09-15 1:34 PM
in reply to: #2407626

User image

LOL!  No I am not knocking myself... I am poking fun at the likes of folks that can swim like some one we know... bike 23-24+ for ever and run sub 7 or god forbid sub 6...  Fast is relative to everyone.... I am happy with where I am at and the time in my life I have to devote to this.  If I had a greater abundance of time and money, I may actually be able to reach some of them goals... but I don't, I won't and in the meantime... I HATE FAST guys & gals....

Weight loss...  Weight Watchers is a sound plan (my wife & I both lost 60lbs and have kept it off since 12/08.  Thanks to WW)  However, I have watched countless women (and a couple men) not succeed because it requires deligent effort FOREVER - the rest of your life... PERIOD!!!  It is not easy... it is a lifestyle that requires YOU as a person to change.

I don't mention Weight Watchers as a man (mainly because the majority of other men think it is a packaged food weight loss gimmick)  Eat right consistently, exercise consistently, and weight loss will come.

Why is though, that when others see that you have lost weight or doing Tri's (for example)... They have to then explain all that they 'do' as exercise... when it is apparent that they 'do' NOT exercise, let alone eat right.  

When I went to lunch at Quiznos (their choice - not mine) yesterday with two of the chubby cops They order Turkey and when I order the classic Italian, they are almost shocked that I am not eating so perfectly.  What they don't get, is that I make sacrifices (as we athletes all do) so that I can eat things like that from time to time.  When I explained that I burned 6636 calories on my bike ride Sunday... they couldn't believe that.  I don't eat Quiznos Classic Italian Sandwiches everyday, and I exercise 5 or 6 days a week.  Real exercise, not go get my 15 minute burn on with P90X and then consume 4000 calories, cuz I just 'worked out'!

OKAY, I will step down from my soap box!   Long post short~! You guys are right on the money and understand.... too bad all those other folks don't get it! 

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-15 1:08 PM Justin - I have to agree with Todd here!  You're a speedy mo-fo!

2009-09-15 1:36 PM
in reply to: #2407642

User image

You guys are easy.... and damn the stroking feels sooooo good!     JK!  pervy dork alert!

Nicole83 - 2009-09-15 1:15 PM Haha, I totally missed this.

To join the "stroking Justin's Ego" club, I concur.  You LITERALLY run a mile in half the time it takes me homeboy.  I don't want to hear talk like that out of you.  You're superfast.

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-15 2:08 PM Justin - I have to agree with Todd here!  You're a speedy mo-fo!

2009-09-15 2:35 PM
in reply to: #2407640

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
haha..that must be from the von Dohlen side!

Thanks for the encouragment Nicole.  It's good to know I'm not the only one with these thoughts.

Nicole83 - 2009-09-15 1:14 PM I am not going to have kids, but I know that is a VERY real fear for many of my friends who are pregnant and starting families.

But many of the women who I know who were fit, healthy and active going into their pregnancies gained a healthy amount of weight for the baby and were easily able to take it off afterwards.

Where I see women struggle is when they are overweight and not physically active and healthy going into the pregnancy.  I understand that typically these women are the ones who gain weight in additition to what they need for a healthy pregnancy, and have more trouble losing it once they deliver.

Betsy, I think you will be totally fine.  You and Eric will totally breed olympic gold medalists.   And they will be freaking cute!

2009-09-15 2:44 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Wasnt trying to bash WW, it works, if you follow the plan. I would laugh at them because they would go to McD and get a $1 burger with no cheese and just eat that all day. Till they got home and no coworker was watching. Most of the people want the gimmic that will dop 10 lbs in 3 days. I laugh and told them we can do 10 lbs in 1 day but you wont like it or feel good and it will come back in the next 2 days. I actually had some serious takers.

Hey the Plyometrics on the P90X kicked my butt. It was 50 minutes of alot.
2009-09-15 2:50 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
You ladies wont have any problems with the weight lose after having a baby. You work hard and your bodies can handle it and bounce back quick. My wife did and she eats what ever she wants and doesnt work out. Damn b^$#.  

The day I finally realized I was a real fat was after the baby shower. They had the ribbon cut to length on how big around she was. I laughed when I saw it and as I was pulling it around my belly laughing saying "look how much bigger your belly is than..."  it didnt go all the way around mine. oomph. That is what got me going.

2009-09-15 2:52 PM
in reply to: #2407846

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I was going to say something about them coming out swimming 1:20/100 but that kinda sounded ooky.

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-15 2:35 PM haha..that must be from the von Dohlen side!

Thanks for the encouragment Nicole.  It's good to know I'm not the only one with these thoughts.

Nicole83 - 2009-09-15 1:14 PM I am not going to have kids, but I know that is a VERY real fear for many of my friends who are pregnant and starting families.

2009-09-15 3:16 PM
in reply to: #2407869

User image

Dirty Rotten WW basher!!!  lol! JK... I know what you are saying, people are just dumb about it.  I too am not knocking the P90X program... If you follow it and do the workouts it will kick your butt.  The thing is (like diet plans... people want or think that is the quick fix (magic pill!, like you said).  It is a total program, not just a few days of doing plyo's and thinking you will look like Mr. Horton on the video!  My neighbor feels it necessary to tell me almost daily how much he has ran on his treadmill each day/week... like my fitness level intimidates him into explaining what he is doing.  I honestly don't care if he exercises or not... just don't whine about how 'fat' and 'out of shape' you are and ask me what to do and then come home Sat & Sun morning with donuts in hand...

And yes - the ladies of this group will have no problema shaking any added baby weight when that day comes.  It is obviously an inherent part of who y'all are.

Newtons1st - 2009-09-15 2:44 PM Wasnt trying to bash WW, it works, if you follow the plan. I would laugh at them because they would go to McD and get a $1 burger with no cheese and just eat that all day. Till they got home and no coworker was watching. Most of the people want the gimmic that will dop 10 lbs in 3 days. I laugh and told them we can do 10 lbs in 1 day but you wont like it or feel good and it will come back in the next 2 days. I actually had some serious takers.

Hey the Plyometrics on the P90X kicked my butt. It was 50 minutes of alot.
2009-09-15 3:19 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Hello from beautiful, sunny San Diego! Probably the wrong time for me to be piping up on weightloss since i've been crushing fish tacos like it's my job, but... This is just my opinion, not saying there's a rugt/wepbh way to do things and I fully understand that different things work for different people. Now that my disclaimer is out of the way... I firmly don't believe in diets and I never have. Not all, but the vast majority of people don't stick to it over the long term. They eventually go "off" the diet and back to their "normal" eating habits and shock of all shocks the weight comes back on. To lose weight and keep it off I believe you need to make a lifestyle change, change your eating habits to eat healthier and possibly reduce your consumption, and exercise. You also have to want this and stick to it! If you don't really want to do this you'll never stick to it. Also, no good ever comes from depriving yourself of food...everything in moderation! If you want a cookie, eat it...but eat one or two not 5, and make wise food choices the rest of the day, and maybe spend some extra time working out. I love food and I love eating, but for the most part i'd like to think I'm smart about how I eat. I have some very strong opinions about this and could go on and on. As far as losing weight after having a baby (and this is a long, long way away for me) it completely TERRIFIES me!! Growing up I was extremely heavy, so weight gain in general is scary to me. But, although I don't always see it, I know that I'm thin and more imporantly fit & healthy, so I shouldn't bother myself with worrying.Kudos on all the weightloss in the group!! I've never tried ww, but I know a number of people it's worked for.
2009-09-15 3:25 PM
in reply to: #2407934

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
What if its just the holes...I only eat the holes because they arent a whole donut, that way I can eat more. But I am going to not eat tomorrow and run real hard.....I wont drink water because it will only make me look bloated. Your body is like 98% water so you can loose 10 lbs of it no problem. If I have to drink its green tea with cayenne so it fills me up and makes me crap like a waterspout. Speaking of that, anyone seen a port-o-poty around here?
2009-09-15 4:21 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Lose 25 lbs in 10 minutes...

Lop off either your left or right leg.  You're choice.

Kelli, I could not agree more with everything that you said.  I feel the same, and I think that's why I want to explode when I hear conversations like the ones I heard today in my office.

Todd- I love your story about when you decided to lose weight.  That's a good one.  I love reading about good lightbulb moments.

2009-09-15 4:34 PM
in reply to: #2408089

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
I concur with Nicole!  It's all about a lifestyle change.  People don't get fat overnight so don't expect the weight to fall off in a day! 

Todd - your stories are classic!

Nicole83 - 2009-09-15 4:21 PM Lose 25 lbs in 10 minutes...

Lop off either your left or right leg.  You're choice.

Kelli, I could not agree more with everything that you said.  I feel the same, and I think that's why I want to explode when I hear conversations like the ones I heard today in my office.

Todd- I love your story about when you decided to lose weight.  That's a good one.  I love reading about good lightbulb moments.
2009-09-16 8:41 AM
in reply to: #2407686

User image

Master
Houston
Geez the thread was dead in the AM, I take a short little nap, go for a bike ride and look what happens! Nicole's about to stab someone, Justin's getting stroked and I have a feeling he's hating on someone I know

To add to the stroking... Next season without having to cram a ton of distance into your schedule you should be able to work on speed more which will bring you to the next level and you'll be knocking on yourself even more than you are now

I agree with the weight loss comments too, biggest loser started back last night and it always surprises me how so many people thing that losing the weight will just happen without hard work.

Happy hump day everyone!

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-15 1:34 PM LOL!  No I am not knocking myself... I am poking fun at the likes of folks that can swim like some one we know... bike 23-24+ for ever and run sub 7 or god forbid sub 6...  Fast is relative to everyone.... I am happy with where I am at and the time in my life I have to devote to this.  If I had a greater abundance of time and money, I may actually be able to reach some of them goals... but I don't, I won't and in the meantime... I HATE FAST guys & gals....
2009-09-16 9:01 AM

User image

Happy hump day... mid way through and closing fast on the weekend... right?

KD, do you like hamburgers?  Please, for the love of God ~ find an In-n-Out Burger and eat one for me... preferrebly a double - double!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Of course that will mean that you will have to go out and suffer through a 'rave' run... maybe along the beach or something awful like that!

I am actually looking forward to next season... my schedule is so much better suited for the HIM and shorter...speed type races.  I will be focusing heavily on improved sustainable fitness and speed above where I am now.  40 and faster will be my 2010 motto!!!
2009-09-16 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2409282

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Whoo hoo!! I get all started everytime I see someone type "Hump" day.

"The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the Hump"

That song just jumps in my head. How can you not sing it. Too bad we dont have a live cam or yall would see me doing some wicked dance moves in my chair.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-16 9:01 AM Happy hump day... mid way through and closing fast on the weekend... right?

KD, do you like hamburgers?  Please, for the love of God ~ find an In-n-Out Burger and eat one for me... preferrebly a double - double!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Of course that will mean that you will have to go out and suffer through a 'rave' run... maybe along the beach or something awful like that!

I am actually looking forward to next season... my schedule is so much better suited for the HIM and shorter...speed type races.  I will be focusing heavily on improved sustainable fitness and speed above where I am now.  40 and faster will be my 2010 motto!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137