Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 23

2009-04-09 7:59 AM
in reply to: #2072049

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
Subject: RE: FancyPants Group- CLOSED
jogo - 2009-04-08 5:48 PM OMG, We've been archived!!  Please don't leave me. I need you all. 

I know, I was thinking I must have signed up  too soon.  Haven't even done my first tri yet and we're already archived.  Oh well I plan on sticking around here and telling you guys when I finally complete my first.  (Whether you want to know or not )

2009-04-12 7:48 PM
in reply to: #1861022

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Hey guys-

It looks like they archived all of the groups that started for the new year; they did this last year, too. A new crop of mentor groups will start up for April 2009. So long as we all know where to go, we're fine. Just because we got moved to the archives does not mean our mentor group is done- far from it!

Okay, update on our tiny project. We saw a heartbeat Thursday. I go back again this Thursday, and the next one, for more ultrasounds and bloodwork. Gotta get through the first trimester, then I am no longer high risk. It means I get to be Mike's support team instead of racing this year....I'm still struggling with that.

How was everyone's weekend? We are so happy to be home. Travelling was awful. Mike ran the hills of Cincinnati and is very happy to be back in flat Toledo, Ohio. Hope you all fit some training in around munching on peanut butter eggs! Have a good start to your week!
2009-04-13 8:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio

Glad to hear about the heart beat  

I did some traveling this weekend too, down to visit parents.  Ended up not doing my long run this week, I'm in a funk.  I am very ready to go back to just running how ever long I want and not being tied to a schedule. I was going to run some at my parents house, but talked myself out of it.

This week it's back to the plan.  Too much eating and slacking last week!

2009-04-13 5:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Chester, PA
I'm back on the shelf for a day or two - but for good reason, so my vacation continues....  I donated blood today, so be nice to me!  I should be all topped off with brand spanking new red blood cells by the time of my first tri in May.

Matt 
2009-04-14 3:06 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

To all you have sent me "Inspires"-I apologize for not getting back. Since the new website changes, I haven't been able to see my Inspires on my logs. I finally went to a different network today and saw them. Thanks, everyone.

Anne, So thrilled for you and Mike-good luck.

Matt-New blood is always better that old blood.

Ginny, Sounds as if your training is goinf well. It's OK to miss a run every now and then.

Jo, My son's teeth are fine-the permanant ones were 'installed' on Friday and look great. Thanks for asking.

As for my personal life-I'm still heartbroken, but she and I have spoken on a couple of occasions. I just had to make sure that we we walking away from something for the right reasons and not due to miscommunication. I'm confident we've done that, now. I'll live.
2009-04-14 7:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Okay folks. Weigh in.

April 2009 mentor groups are up and running. You are all still going strong, which means you have surpassed many people who set new year's resolutions of training for a race but didn't get past the first few months. Congratulations!

We can disband this group, or I can continue checking it and checking out your training logs. I highly suggest checking out the new groups just in case there is a group that you would like to join.

I've stuck with Jo since last year, and I plan on continuing to check your logs, and I can also keep this forum up and running for questions. But, we have had 2 people lost from the second week, and technically our group is just 5 strong with an occasional 6th.

Let me know what you think, and go check out the new mentor groups.

2009-04-14 9:06 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Anne,
Thanks so much for you efforts to organize the group. "Team Fancy Pants"-I want to thank you all for your kind words and encouragment and I wish everyone well in their endeavors. I would like to keep you all on my 'friends' list and check in on your logs every now and then, but if there are objections, please PM me. Good Luck to you all.
2009-04-15 5:59 AM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

You know I will stick around for the long run, at least checking in on people's blogs and inspiring if this group decides to check out.  I appreciate everyone's support and if we don't stick together, then GOOD LUCK with all your races and life challenges.  It has been a pleasure and a privledge to be a part of this group.  Thank you everyone! 

2009-04-15 9:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
I probably won't join another group, just because I'm not really quite ready to do a tri.  If you disband I'll probably just send PM to you and ask you questions.  Still nervous about this whole bike thing
2009-04-15 3:08 PM
in reply to: #2084974

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Chester, PA
jeffnboise - 2009-04-14 9:06 PM Anne, Thanks so much for you efforts to organize the group. "Team Fancy Pants"-I want to thank you all for your kind words and encouragment and I wish everyone well in their endeavors. I would like to keep you all on my 'friends' list and check in on your logs every now and then, but if there are objections, please PM me. Good Luck to you all.

+1.  I'll keep you all on my friends list, but I'm with Jeff.  Not that I'm looking to replace anyone, but I joined another group so that I can "meet" some new peeps.

Anne - Saw your inspire me, and no injury, just vacation.  I did a lot of work around the house (like laying a new paver walkway) and we took some day trips.  Had DS in DC, and we had a great week!  I'm back in the swing of things now though, so my logs won't look quite so naked!  Keep us all updated on the bun in your oven!

Matt
2009-04-16 4:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
I'll keep the forum going- for me, jo, and ginny. We can still be a group. Plus, Ginny, we need to get you ready for your first tri. And Jo, I know you are like me, and like a place where you can be accountable.

Matt and Jeff- good luck! Check in with us once in awhile if you like.

We had another ultrasound today, and despite my being so very sick with the nausea and sinus infection (and now pink eye- seriously), the baby is fine. Growing like it should and all. We go back for another ultrasound next week, then get a week off.

My goal is to fit in two rides this weekend along with some walks. I walked half a mile today with the kids. My nausea is horrible in the afternoons so I think I need to aim for morning workouts. I'm also planning on doing our local tri clubs OWS which start in June. I'm helping out with newbies there and figure I might as well keep my swimming endurance up.

Mike did NOT get a bid to Kona this year- so sad, I know. He was certain this would be his year in the lottery since I would not be able to go with him. He purchased a water/fuel belt today at our local running shop and is trying it out on some trails this evening on a 9 miler. He's not good at running and holding a water bottle (something I actually like doing).

2009-04-16 5:26 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

That is too bad about Mike, NOT.  Seriously, you want him to get Kona when you can also go.  I am sad for him though, I'm sure he was disappointed (but selfishly for you I hope he gets it next year, you will need a vacation with all those kidlets running around). 

I'm glad the u/s went well.  Swimming is great when you are pregnant.  I might consider pool time though.  Check with your doctor if he wants you in OWS.  I am always concerned about infection.  Walking is good, eliptical would be good (low impact).  Take care of that nausea and by all means, stay hydrated. 

I love my Nathan hand held water bottle better than the fuel belt.  I have enough bouncing without adding more.

2009-04-16 7:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Oh that is so funny- the bouncing- I forget that boys don't get that we don't want to add any bouncing.
2009-04-17 7:32 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
Oh good, we're going to keep posting here   I do want you guys to keep me accountable and I do want to do a tri this summer/fall.  I'm just sick of training right now and am going to want some downtown after the half. 

Sorry Mike can't get to Kona this year, but going when the whole family can go would be much better! 

2009-04-18 7:35 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Ginny, always listen to your body. It sounds like you need a break. When does your taper start for your half marathon? Maybe schedule some time off and do something fun soon- especially with all the gorgeous weather this weekend.

Jo- hope you get a fun outside ride this weekend. Wish I could! Mike is doing a big workout today- swim, bike, run- so at least one of us gets to enjoy the great outdoors. Love this weather!
2009-04-19 10:54 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

Okay girls, I need my buddies.  I was hurt, emotionally, by a good friend today.  I know you all know what I am talking about.  We have all felt that hurt when someone does something or says something or doesn't do something.  Please let me know we are still together.  I need some peeps right now.  

2009-04-20 8:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
We are still here. Sent you a PM in case you don't want this in a public forum.....I've learned the hard way that anything said outside of PM's is very public and can hurt.
2009-04-20 8:18 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
Still here Jo.  Sending Hugs your way.  Feel free to post here or PM's.  

Jo thanks for all your info you sent me this weekend.  I'm definitely much more upbeat now and going to do a tri before summer is over   I'm still concerned about the bike shorts and running in them, but I'll get that worked out later.  Less than 2 weeks until the half mary.  Woo hoo.  Cannot wait for this to be over so I can get back to some swimming and other activities.

2009-04-20 8:33 AM
in reply to: #2096606

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

scubagrrl - 2009-04-20 9:18 AM Still here Jo. Sending Hugs your way. Feel free to post here or PM's.

Jo thanks for all your info you sent me this weekend. I'm definitely much more upbeat now and going to do a tri before summer is over I'm still concerned about the bike shorts and running in them, but I'll get that worked out later. Less than 2 weeks until the half mary. Woo hoo. Cannot wait for this to be over so I can get back to some swimming and other activities.

Oh Ginny, you never run in bike shorts.  That would be like a soaked pamper after the swim.  They make tri shorts with a very thin chamois.  Best investment ever!

I'll pm you about the situation.  I really don't want it on the public forum and that is why I was being so vague.  Thanks for the hugs.

2009-04-20 9:35 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
jogo I noticed you said you're starting Body for Life.  I read that book a couple of months ago and was very impressed with it.  I want to start doing that myself as soon as I'm done with this half training.  I don't have time to do both unfortunately.  But it sounds like I'll be able to spend less time at the gym and hopefully see more results.

I'll probably still count points as I've noticed when I don't my weight starts creeping up.  (Up 5 lbs just since I started the half training, and had hoped to lose another 5 talk about frustrating)  Let me know how it's going and what you think of it.  A friend on another running message board has been doing it for about 6 months and swears by it. 
2009-04-20 10:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
All my races (all two of them) have been done in wet bike shorts. It really is not so bad. But then, I have not invested in Tri shorts. If jo swears by them, try it.

Is there anyplace you can do OWS near you, ginny? Just thinking that, before your first tri, you can fit in a quick brick workout- swim, bike, run- and try out whwatever you think you will race in.

I'm excited for the half Marathon. I'm totally living through you girls right now. Trying to force myself to workout today. I'm only averaging once a week and I feel horrible about it.

2009-04-20 10:55 AM
in reply to: #2097043

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
AKR18 - 2009-04-20 11:33 AMIs there anyplace you can do OWS near you, ginny? Just thinking that, before your first tri, you can fit in a quick brick workout- swim, bike, run- and try out whwatever you think you will race in. I'm excited for the half Marathon. I'm totally living through you girls right now. Trying to force myself to workout today. I'm only averaging once a week and I feel horrible about it.

Yes there is a place I can do an OWS before the tri.  There actually are a couple of OWS races before the tri in July and I may enter them.  Several girls from my Masters Swim team do them, so it would be fun to have someone else to do it with.  If I can't get into the race I can go up there any time and swim though.  It's a public beach on a lake.

I'm not extremely worried about the OWS, even though I've never done a race before, I have done lots of swimming in quarries etc.  Even a few up by you Anne, I think maybe Gilboa quarry or possibly Portage (near Bowling Green)?  We go up there several weekends and do our scuba diving.    Not quite the same as swimming fast, but still I've seen what's under that water and it doesn't bother me
2009-04-21 6:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
cool, ginny! all stuff we can focus on later. for now- it's half marathon focus!

jo, hope today goes better for you. everyone have a good tuesday!
2009-04-21 8:56 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

I love how active we've become since being archived. Just sayin'

You girls rock!

I felt much better today. I played with my eliptical. I was due for a bike but my trainer is still broken and we still have cold yucky rain.

I still think we should look at a tri that Ginny and I can do (I'll drive to Ohio) and that Ann can jockstrap at so that we can all support each other. Can't do July 12, its the day after my son's wedding. Yes, my baby is getting married. He is not really the baby but he is still my baby. I don't think of him as grown yet. He will be 21 the month before his wedding. Just a kid.

Edited by jogo 2009-04-21 9:21 PM
2009-04-22 8:04 AM
in reply to: #2101517

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
jogo - 2009-04-21 9:56 PM

I love how active we've become since being archived. Just sayin'

You girls rock!

I felt much better today. I played with my eliptical. I was due for a bike but my trainer is still broken and we still have cold yucky rain.

I still think we should look at a tri that Ginny and I can do (I'll drive to Ohio) and that Ann can jockstrap at so that we can all support each other. Can't do July 12, its the day after my son's wedding. Yes, my baby is getting married. He is not really the baby but he is still my baby. I don't think of him as grown yet. He will be 21 the month before his wedding. Just a kid.

I agree, we seem much more active now   

I understand about the baby getting married.  My is married and having a baby next month.  She just turned 21 last week.  They grow up so quick.  SIGH

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » FancyPants Group- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 23