BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Sprint_DA's Mentor Group...full Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2010-04-01 6:45 AM
in reply to: #2761840

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: RE: Sprint_DA's Mentor Group...full
BonnieB - 2010-03-31 11:06 PM

wow, Dan looks like a busy month? ?f?o?r? ???y?o?u?. ?????I? ?u?p? ?f?o?r? ?a?n?o?t?h?e?r? ?p?e?a?c?h? ?c?h?a?l?l???e?n?g?e? ??!? ? ??I? ?r?e?a?l?l?y? ?f?e?????e?l? ?i?t? ?h?e?l?p? ????m?e?.??

Yeah, throw in a bachelor party and Easter and I don't have a completely free weekend.  But it's all good fun.

2010-04-02 7:58 PM
in reply to: #2762019

User image

Los Angeles
questions on training, when I swim should I  swim longer (30 min) when I have the time or since I can complete the distance of the race(500 m) concentrate getting the most out of my 30 min.

Happy Easter everyone!Laughing
2010-04-02 11:20 PM
in reply to: #2765928

User image

Davenport, IA
BonnieB - 2010-04-02 7:58 PM questions on training, when I swim should I  swim longer (30 min) when I have the time or since I can complete the distance of the race(500 m) concentrate getting the most out of my 30 min.

Happy Easter everyone!Laughing

I would swim until you run out of time or when you get tired.  You're already in the pool, do the most you can with your time there.

And Happy Easter to you too Bonnie!
2010-04-03 3:47 PM
in reply to: #2587085

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Awesome ride this morning.  Went out and rode 38mi.  felt soooo god to be outside.   Getting use to the aeros and they are great.  Of course 1st time out and at a red light where there is a group of other riders waiting for the light to change.  It is an up hill stop and I didn't get my foot unclipped before my stop...CLUNK!  Too funny, just hurt my pride.

Dan, that is great you're now working at a bike shop!  What Tri bikes do they sell?? and Yes Friday was a good day for ya...way to go!!  This mornings ride was not without our headwind as well.  We hit that all the way back home...ouch.

Short run ( 2.5 or 3 mi) tomorrow then off with the family to church then to a friends house for brunch.

Happy Easter group!!

Edited by scott1223 2010-04-03 3:55 PM
2010-04-03 10:09 PM
in reply to: #2766667

User image

Los Angeles
Well Dan,  we all fall down sometimes.

I ran this morning, well mostly ran 4 miles.  tomorrow its church and then off to my sister at the beach for my first ows with my brother in law and nephews then a lovly early dinner.

Edited by BonnieB 2010-04-03 10:11 PM
2010-04-04 8:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Easter day with family and friends...took today off.  I will be training light tomorrow, and Tue. 
(4/6) thur Tue (4/13) the family and I will be in beautiful Rivera Maya, Mexico...Paladium resort.  I did a gmap of the resort 1.5mi around the resort and 3 pools.  So I will have running and swimming training.  Looking forward to getting away from work...and training will be a breeze.  They do have a swim up bar...LOL.  Will get in my swim distance.

Take care and I will be back on Tue.

2010-04-05 12:41 AM
in reply to: #2767940

User image

Los Angeles

Sounds like a great vacation Scott hope its as good as it sounds.
  I  see that not in part of mexico where the earthquake was, that had us rockin & rolling here. that the downside of great weather the occasional quake. We are all ok, it was kinda like riding in boat that hit wake.

I did not get an ows, but i did get a new better, wetsuit from my sister, she won somewhere, does  not use it, it for surfing rather than diving, so its suppose to be eaiser to swim in. 

2010-04-06 12:15 PM

User image

Edmonton, Alberta
Belated Happy Easter everyone hope you all had fun.

I went for a ride yesterday, it looked a little like rain. I use to race sail boats, which always has you looking at the weather and in particular up! In any event, I said to myself, "it will blow over" and rain in the mountains. So, here is what happened. Well about 45 minutes into the ride, no rain as yet, I look up and oh dear - I do not want to be where I am. In the middle of nowhere, with those clouds. Sure enough, going up a hill it starts to hail, and big hail. I start laughing to myself. A little further, the hail turns to snow. lol I think this is funny, then the snow turns to rain. We normally only get a heavy-mist, but this was actually rain. I am still miles from the car and getting very wet. I then realize I can't feel my toes and wow my hands are really, really cold. Now I'm not finding this funny or laughing to myself.  The wind is now blowing and there are sheets of water and wind pushing me all over the road. I am in the middle of farmland and there is no shelter in sight.  More hills, up and down, I slow down on the down sections due to the water and wind. Don't want to come off at 40+KM per hour. So on and on it goes - mile after mile. I finally get to a railway bridge and stop. I am so cold and wet that I nearly fell off the bike. I phone my wife (Ellen) telling her where the car is. I could hardly talk I was so cold.  Ellen and her brother then pick up the car and go to meet me at the coffee shop I have to ride to. The wind, rain, lighting, thunder, nail and snow was unbelievable. I had about two miles from the train bridge to this small little area called Fort Langley, which is where the coffee shop was. I was so cold I never warmed up once I left the bridge. 

Once in the coffee shop I couldn't stop shaking, they could couldn't believe I was caught in the storm. They gave me warm water and about 10 minutes later Ellen arrived. That was one crazy ride I will never forget - at home it was sunny the entire time.

I shall look up a lot more from now on.

Later a warm Whao.

Edited by Whato 2010-04-06 12:17 PM
2010-04-07 1:30 AM
in reply to: #2771544

User image

Los Angeles
Oh my! what a adventure! I am so glad you're safe and well now. Must have been scary, kudos to you for making it through.  Now you can be a mailman, you know, neither rain, nor hail nor snow .....
2010-04-08 12:14 AM
in reply to: #2773010

User image

Edmonton, Alberta
BonnieB - 2010-04-07 1:30 AM Oh my! what a adventure! I am so glad you're safe and well now. Must have been scary, kudos to you for making it through.  Now you can be a mailman, you know, neither rain, nor hail nor snow .....

lol
2010-04-12 8:00 AM

User image

Davenport, IA
That does sound like a nasty ride Whato!

Bonnie, good luck with the new wetsuit, and the open water swimming!

Scott, hope your vacation was great!

I guess it's come to that time when we've been moved to the archives.  Sorry I wasn't around much last week, started a new job and ended up putting in some big hours.  I hope all three of you have great seasons!  Thanks for being in my group, and I really do hope you got something out of it.  If you've got any suggestions for things I can do better if I do some mentoring again, please let me know.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Sprint_DA's Mentor Group...full Rss Feed  

of 12