Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-09-16 10:09 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
My office mate just reminded me on this little gem of a story.

You may not know but I have no sense of smell. Cant smell a thing. At times it is a good thing, dirty diapers, stuck in a port a poty other times it has been know to cause me problems. Well a while back my office mate walked in and said "Whats that smell?" and I said "Its my pants". I am known to joke around alot so she thought nothing of it. A little while later after she had gone out and came back in same story "Whats that smell?" and I said "Its my pants". Now a third time she come back in the office and says it smells like someone was cleaning in here and I have to firmly say "Its my pants!!"

The other day my wife gave me a big deal because when I iron my pants I dont starch them. So that morning I decided to see what this starch stuff is all about. I spray some on and iron. Its not working the best so I spray more and repeat. I get dont and was like "That stuff doesnt work worth crap" I was running late and was rushing out of the house and was giving the wife a kiss good bye and she says "What is that Smell?" Like it does any good to ask me. She asks me what I did and I tell her I starched my pants. Have you ever noticed that the metal starch can looks alot like a metal Spray and Wash can if you dont look at the front label. Well I used spray and wash to iron my pants with. I was running late so there was no time to change and I ran out the door.  So at least I smelled clean all day.

Edited by Newtons1st 2009-09-16 10:09 AM

2009-09-16 11:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
What a story Todd!  And now thanks to you I have that ridiculous song in my head

Yeah for making it half way through the week.  I am sooo ready for a nice relaxing weekend with no driving involved!
2009-09-16 2:49 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I really need a weekend.

I had my first round of product training today and realized how little I actually know.  I'm a little overwhelmed.  Still excited... just more like the "pee my pants" excited, not the "jump up and down" kind.

My thumb is killing me but I'm hoping to do a ride tonight after work.  Do me a favor and make fun of me if I don't, ok?
2009-09-16 3:07 PM
in reply to: #2410102

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Hey Intimidator,  Captain Obvious here... your thumb will stop hurting, when the pain goes away!

Oh and you know we will make fun of you regardless if you ride your bike or NOT!  It's just so easy... 'like Sunday mornin'           lol!

Enjoy your ride... gonna go watch my youngest son's first Cross Country meet this afternoon and then I am planning on a run myself, since I was too tired (lazy too I guess) to drag my arse out of bed at 4:45 (after crawling into bed at 12am) to run.  Did it Tuesday to swim, but two days in a row was asking too much of myself I guess.

Funny story Todd.... and yeah Thanks for the ear worm (tune thingy)... *insert dirty name here*

Nicole83 - 2009-09-16 2:49 PM I really need a weekend.

I had my first round of product training today and realized how little I actually know.  I'm a little overwhelmed.  Still excited... just more like the "pee my pants" excited, not the "jump up and down" kind.

My thumb is killing me but I'm hoping to do a ride tonight after work.  Do me a favor and make fun of me if I don't, ok?
2009-09-16 3:36 PM
in reply to: #2410148

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
So I stroke your ego and then you make fun of me?

Hardly seems fair ya know...

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-16 4:07 PM Hey Intimidator,  Captain Obvious here... your thumb will stop hurting, when the pain goes away!

Oh and you know we will make fun of you regardless if you ride your bike or NOT!  It's just so easy... 'like Sunday mornin'           lol!

Enjoy your ride... gonna go watch my youngest son's first Cross Country meet this afternoon and then I am planning on a run myself, since I was too tired (lazy too I guess) to drag my arse out of bed at 4:45 (after crawling into bed at 12am) to run.  Did it Tuesday to swim, but two days in a row was asking too much of myself I guess.

Funny story Todd.... and yeah Thanks for the ear worm (tune thingy)... *insert dirty name here*

2009-09-17 8:57 AM
in reply to: #2410219

User image

C'mon, our love can take the ego 'strokin' and the fun 'pokin', it's a give and take, right?.....

whoa, I am now thinking that sounds so wrong! funny, but wrong!  I wasn't making fun of you!  It was my subtle way of sayin' HTFU, it's just a lil' papercut!  Suck it up buttercup, rub a lil' dirt on it and focus!  You have some TL's to turn all peachy!  lol!

Don't make me sick Todd the story tellin', no smellin', fresh pant wearin', WW bashin', Bonnie Tyler lovin', Tri-Geek from North Texas on ya... he makes KFK look like wet spaghetti.... HIIIIII-yah!

Nicole83 - 2009-09-16 3:36 PM So I stroke your ego and then you make fun of me?

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-16 4:07 PM Hey Intimidator,  Captain Obvious here... your thumb will stop hurting, when the pain goes away!

2009-09-17 9:16 AM
in reply to: #2411314

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Is it bad that I read everyone one of your posts with this crazy thick cowbody country TX accent?

You totally have an accent in my head.  LOL.

And fine... you're forgiven.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-17 9:57 AM C'mon, our love can take the ego 'strokin' and the fun 'pokin', it's a give and take, right?.....

whoa, I am now thinking that sounds so wrong! funny, but wrong!  I wasn't making fun of you!  It was my subtle way of sayin' HTFU, it's just a lil' papercut!  Suck it up buttercup, rub a lil' dirt on it and focus!  You have some TL's to turn all peachy!  lol!

Don't make me sick Todd the story tellin', no smellin', fresh pant wearin', WW bashin', Bonnie Tyler lovin', Tri-Geek from North Texas on ya... he makes KFK look like wet spaghetti.... HIIIIII-yah!

2009-09-17 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2411386

User image

I do not have an accent... well, I do have a slight french, european accent... but country, cowboy... no way!  I do like that you called it thick.  LMAO!  I really am not as perverted as this board leads evryone to think I am... 

What a way to start out a Thursday morning... full-o-laughs!  *cheers*

Nicole83 - 2009-09-17 9:16 AM Is it bad that I read everyone one of your posts with this crazy thick cowbody country TX accent?

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-17 9:57 AM C'mon, our love can take the ego 'strokin' and the fun 'pokin', it's a give and take, right?.....

2009-09-18 8:59 AM

User image

Talk about dead....   all the pervy talk scared everyone away I guess.  Sorry folks, it was Todd's idea, he made me do it!   Or was it Nicole...   It was all a blur!

Finally Friday... I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

BTW - EvD & KD, I am out for Austin on the 25th... We (mi familia) decided to do the Katy Tri as a relay... I am gonna swim, Jen is gonna bike and Tyler (my youngest) is gonna run.  A family affair!  Therefore, I am skipping out on Austin.

2009-09-18 9:04 AM
in reply to: #2411386

User image

Master
New York, NY
Hahaha....I do the same thing!!!

Nicole83 - 2009-09-17 10:16 AM Is it bad that I read everyone one of your posts with this crazy thick cowbody country TX accent?

2009-09-18 9:07 AM
in reply to: #2413435

User image

Master
New York, NY
You think we'd really be scared away after all this time??!?!  If anyone was gonna be scared away thatw ould have happened months ago.

Bummer you're not heading to Austin, but you have a pretty good reason.  That's actually really awesome that you're all doing a race together!  vD's.....you guys heading to Austin Friday or Saturday? 

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-18 9:59 AM Talk about dead....   all the pervy talk scared everyone away I guess.  Sorry folks, it was Todd's idea, he made me do it!   Or was it Nicole...   It was all a blur!

BTW - EvD & KD, I am out for Austin on the 25th... We (mi familia) decided to do the Katy Tri as a relay... I am gonna swim, Jen is gonna bike and Tyler (my youngest) is gonna run.  A family affair!  Therefore, I am skipping out on Austin.

2009-09-18 9:23 AM
in reply to: #2413462

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Friday...finally!    I'm ready for some relaxing and some college football!

That's awesome about the family Justin!  We certainly understand.

I believe we are heading to Austin on Friday.  I'll talk a half day of work that day.  When are you getting to Austin?

KelliD - 2009-09-18 9:07 AM You think we'd really be scared away after all this time??!?!  If anyone was gonna be scared away thatw ould have happened months ago.

Bummer you're not heading to Austin, but you have a pretty good reason.  That's actually really awesome that you're all doing a race together!  vD's.....you guys heading to Austin Friday or Saturday? 

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-18 9:59 AM Talk about dead....   all the pervy talk scared everyone away I guess.  Sorry folks, it was Todd's idea, he made me do it!   Or was it Nicole...   It was all a blur!

2009-09-18 9:40 AM
in reply to: #2413435

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Hey now why you got to throwm me under that bus. I can get in trouble on my own thank you very much. I am still try to get back in my chair after readin all the BT Loving, non smelling comments about me. Great stuff. You did miss stuck in p-o-p though.

That is cool the whole crew is doing one together.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-18 8:59 AM Talk about dead....   all the pervy talk scared everyone away I guess.  Sorry folks, it was Todd's idea, he made me do it!   Or was it Nicole...   It was all a blur!

2009-09-18 9:43 AM
in reply to: #2413452

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So does that mean we can think of your accent like Carry Heffernan

KelliD - 2009-09-18 9:04 AM Hahaha....I do the same thing!!!

Nicole83 - 2009-09-17 10:16 AM Is it bad that I read everyone one of your posts with this crazy thick cowbody country TX accent?

2009-09-18 9:46 AM
in reply to: #2413562

User image

Master
New York, NY
WRONG!!  This hasn't happened in a while, but I used to be asked quite a bit if I was from the midwest.

Newtons1st - 2009-09-18 10:43 AM So does that mean we can think of your accent like Carry Heffernan

KelliD - 2009-09-18 9:04 AM Hahaha....I do the same thing!!!

2009-09-18 11:45 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So swim today is distance type days and I tend to still be in lane 2 for those day. Well Coach has me bump over to lane 3. So we are doing the last timed 300 and I feel like I am hitting a good pace. I am leading the group. On the last 50 I come up to breath and get a mouth full of water no biggie will just get a good one on the next stroke. So I go to suck a load of air as I am gassed and missed my last one only to get a bigger mouth full. I have not been so close to puking in my life. All I could think was dont puke in the pool. I stood up caughed up a lung and let everyone passed me and then finsihed up in the back.  But I did like the work out.

2009-09-18 11:47 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I have also decided to be a full time lane 3 swimmer. The sprint days not so bad on me but the distance is where i need to work. So why not get my handed to me every friday till I can handle it.
2009-09-18 12:09 PM
in reply to: #2413506

User image

Master
New York, NY
I'm getting in sometime Friday morning.

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-18 10:23 AM Friday...finally!    I'm ready for some relaxing and some college football!

I believe we are heading to Austin on Friday.  I'll talk a half day of work that day.  When are you getting to Austin?

2009-09-18 12:31 PM
in reply to: #2413885

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Party in Austin!! So wish I could be there.  

KelliD - 2009-09-18 12:09 PM I'm getting in sometime Friday morning.

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-18 10:23 AM Friday...finally!    I'm ready for some relaxing and some college football!

2009-09-18 12:33 PM
in reply to: #2413836

User image

Master
Houston
Heck ya I like the attitude, you'll own lane 3 in no time!

Newtons1st - 2009-09-18 11:47 AM I have also decided to be a full time lane 3 swimmer. The sprint days not so bad on me but the distance is where i need to work. So why not get my handed to me every friday till I can handle it.
2009-09-18 12:36 PM
in reply to: #2413939

User image

Master
Houston
Happy Friday everyone! Sorry I've been missing out on the fun past few days, just sat down to take a breather and start reading over everything.  I'm sooooo looking forward to the weekend, lots of work for me the past week and hard workouts have worn me down and I'm ready to catch up on some sleep!

What does everyone have on tap for the weekend?

2009-09-18 1:27 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Hello, my name is Slackie Mc Slacks A Lot... hows everyone doing?

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has a great weekend. 
2009-09-18 1:49 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
SOOOOO, so happy it's Friday!!!  Is the day over yet?  First order of business after work today is some much needed retail therapy and cocktails...with a little swimming thrown in the middle of the two   12.5 mile run bright and early tomorrow AM.  Long bike on Sunday which I could not be more thrilled about!!  Supposed to be perfect weather...super sunny and low 70's....although the mornings are chilly and just about time to break out the arm warmers.  The weekend will end on a high note with Steelers football, beer & the best nachos in the city.
2009-09-21 9:49 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So is everyone else just draggin into thier monday? Lets get the game face on as its a new week to train. ok thats all I have this early.  Going to get home and run asap to beat the storms. Nice long slow run.
2009-09-21 10:13 AM
in reply to: #2417392

User image

Master
New York, NY
WOOT WOOT!!!!  Bring on the pain train!  At first glance this week looks to be one of my highest (if not THE highest) volume training week yet, and I'm MORE than ready for it.  Time to make some serious deposits in the training bank this week.  With the assitance of one too many beers while watching the Steelers game yesterday I went to bed ridiculously early last night and feeling super rested today.

So, on yesterday's long ride outside the city, I got pulled over and got a ticket for cruising through a stop sign at a 4-way intersection.  It's a totally residential area, super quiet town that loads (hundreds-thousand) cyclists ride through every weekend day.  So on Sunday morning at 9am 99% of the people out & about are cyclists.  Anyway, slowed down coming up to the intersection, looked all around, nothing in sight, so I pedal through.  Next thing you know, lights, sirens and megaphone...I got the full treatment....along with a ticket.  The group that was behind me also got pulled over.  And as an FYI to everyone, you incur the same penalty on a bike as you would driving a car.  This landed me with a whopping 3 points on my license!  Needless to say I'll going to court and pleading this down.  And I'll also be stopping at all stop signs and red lights....outside the city at least.

Newtons1st - 2009-09-21 10:49 AM So is everyone else just draggin into thier monday? Lets get the game face on as its a new week to train. ok thats all I have this early.  Going to get home and run asap to beat the storms. Nice long slow run.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137