Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-09-24 2:49 PM
in reply to: #2424819

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Well I WAS trying to sleep but someone came in here yelling Heellooo.

KelliD - 2009-09-24 2:42 PM Heellloooo {echo, echo echo}....where is everyone today??

2009-09-24 3:19 PM
in reply to: #2424847

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
I want a nap too!

It's been a long and busy week.  Ready for the weekend!

Newtons1st - 2009-09-24 2:49 PM Well I WAS trying to sleep but someone came in here yelling Heellooo.

KelliD - 2009-09-24 2:42 PM Heellloooo {echo, echo echo}....where is everyone today??
2009-09-24 3:42 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Busy week is right Betsy!

I'm in my last week of my old job while simeltaneously being in the first week of my new job.  So I'm doing two jobs, both of which are more than enough work for one person.

I'm sooooo ready for some sleeeeep.

But my new job is so awesome, I'm ready to be 100% devoted to that.

Oh, and working 5 minutes from home so I can get back to a.m. workouts.
2009-09-25 9:07 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Happy Happy Friday!!!!!  I think I just rounded the corner from being ridiculously tired (thank you 3 hours of sleep) to bouncing off the walls with energy.
2009-09-25 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2425964

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Oh geez!  What did that require?  A grande coffee from Starbucks?

Happy Friday all!  What are the plans for the weekend?

KelliD - 2009-09-25 9:07 AM Happy Happy Friday!!!!!  I think I just rounded the corner from being ridiculously tired (thank you 3 hours of sleep) to bouncing off the walls with energy.
2009-09-25 10:02 AM
in reply to: #2426043

User image

Master
New York, NY
That was just the beginning!

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-25 10:44 AM Oh geez!  What did that require?  A grande coffee from Starbucks?

Happy Friday all!  What are the plans for the weekend?

KelliD - 2009-09-25 9:07 AM Happy Happy Friday!!!!!  I think I just rounded the corner from being ridiculously tired (thank you 3 hours of sleep) to bouncing off the walls with energy.

2009-09-25 10:14 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Should be an awesome weekend here!  After last night's festivities I'm looking forward to going to bed super early tonight.  On the trainging front.....Long ride early tomorrow.  Have 70 miles planned which will be my longest ride ever!   And bright & early Sunday morning I'm meeting some friends who are training for the marathon, for a 14 mile run.  I'm anticipating that my legs are going feel pretty dead come Sunday afternoon so I've been loading my freezer with bags of ice and scheduled a massage for Sunday evening.  I'm going to a birthday party Saturday night which doesn't start until 10pm (should be a really great time though!), so there's a decent chance the first few miles of Sunday's run will involve me running off a hangover.
2009-09-25 1:56 PM
in reply to: #2426099

User image

Master
Houston
Sounds like you've got a full fun weekend ahead!

This is my recovery week so I had a short run this AM, a little brick tomorrow AM, college football and hopefully some wakeboarding on Sunday.

I'm really excited for next week, my work schedule is changing so I work Monday and Wednesday from home! Gives me much more flexibility with training and lets me focus on more interesting work projects without interruptions

Happy Friday everyone!

KelliD - 2009-09-25 10:14 AM Should be an awesome weekend here!  After last night's festivities I'm looking forward to going to bed super early tonight.  On the trainging front.....Long ride early tomorrow.  Have 70 miles planned which will be my longest ride ever!   And bright & early Sunday morning I'm meeting some friends who are training for the marathon, for a 14 mile run.  I'm anticipating that my legs are going feel pretty dead come Sunday afternoon so I've been loading my freezer with bags of ice and scheduled a massage for Sunday evening.  I'm going to a birthday party Saturday night which doesn't start until 10pm (should be a really great time though!), so there's a decent chance the first few miles of Sunday's run will involve me running off a hangover.
2009-09-27 11:40 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
well the best way to start off the weekend, why not get a stomach bug and be sick. So no long run yesterday and missed the swim and wet suit test this morning and bike ride. Started friday night and saturday was horrible. So far today doing better. Have to head out tomorrow and will at least I get to swim there. Hopefully if all keeps getting better I will run tomorrow.
2009-09-28 8:35 AM
in reply to: #2428361

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Sorry to hear about the stomach bug.  It seems to be going around.  Ask Justin....

Hope everyone had a good weekend....Monday came around too quickly!

Newtons1st - 2009-09-27 11:40 AM well the best way to start off the weekend, why not get a stomach bug and be sick. So no long run yesterday and missed the swim and wet suit test this morning and bike ride. Started friday night and saturday was horrible. So far today doing better. Have to head out tomorrow and will at least I get to swim there. Hopefully if all keeps getting better I will run tomorrow.
2009-09-28 8:46 AM
in reply to: #2428361

User image

Master
Houston
That stinks, nothing you can do but move on and get better! Hope you have a great trip!

Newtons1st - 2009-09-27 11:40 AM well the best way to start off the weekend, why not get a stomach bug and be sick. So no long run yesterday and missed the swim and wet suit test this morning and bike ride. Started friday night and saturday was horrible. So far today doing better. Have to head out tomorrow and will at least I get to swim there. Hopefully if all keeps getting better I will run tomorrow.

2009-09-28 8:50 AM
in reply to: #2429338

User image

Master
Houston
Happy Monday everyone!

I ended up having to work most of Saturday after my bike ride while watching college football of course.  Headed out to get on the boat Sunday afternoon, got to the storage place, loaded up the boat.... oh crap where's the hitch! We never bring the hitch home, I leave it in storage for this exact reason but we obviously forgot to take it off last time so it was at home in the garage... So we got a snow cone and headed home, very sad

How was everyone's weekend?
2009-09-28 9:21 AM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Hey gang!  What a few days of rest will do!  Along with plenty of cold medicine   I am feeling much better.  Not coughing up my lung anymore, head is clear, and I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

Hey Todd, I hope you are back to 100% asap...  Race day is close!

I have a few busy days at work coming up Wed & Sat, but I feel very focused... the rest helped healed me and re-focus my mind... 

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone has a great week!   
2009-09-28 10:42 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Happy Monday!  Aside from some solid training this weekend & going out Saturday night, I was laaa-zy.  There was stuff that I needed and wanted to get done, but none of it happened.  Yesterday I had one of the greatest massages ever!  I finally found a massage therapist who listened to what my problem areas were and worked out most of the knots and tightness.  It was certainly slightly painful at times, but good pain and I knew it had to be done to feel better.

I just got hooked on watching Mad Men.  I'd never seen it until a couple weeks ago.  I finally borrowed the dvd's from a co-worker to see what all the hype was about.  Such a great show!!! 
2009-09-28 1:56 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
So, I just went down to a local sporting goods shop to get a new pair of goggles.  As I was deciding what color to get (pink, in case you were wondering), there was another woman there getting a swim cap for her daughter and asking the clerk a million and one questions.  Her ONLY requirement demand for this cap was that it had to keep her kid's hair dry.  I'd like to think that I've tried quite a few brands/styles of swim caps and never once have I come out of the pool with dry hair.  So my question...does such a cap actually exist??
2009-09-28 3:19 PM
in reply to: #2430144

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I don't think that anyone would question what color goggles you decided on.

And I've never seen a swim cap like that before.  Hoenstly, if one exists it might make me swim more, and on lunch breaks more often.  It's hard to go back to work with wet hair and make like I was out on a sales call.

KelliD - 2009-09-28 2:56 PM So, I just went down to a local sporting goods shop to get a new pair of goggles.  As I was deciding what color to get (pink, in case you were wondering), there was another woman there getting a swim cap for her daughter and asking the clerk a million and one questions.  Her ONLY requirement demand for this cap was that it had to keep her kid's hair dry.  I'd like to think that I've tried quite a few brands/styles of swim caps and never once have I come out of the pool with dry hair.  So my question...does such a cap actually exist??

2009-09-29 8:30 AM
in reply to: #2430144

User image

Master
Houston
I've never heard of such a cap, not sure you'd really want one honestly... People underestimate how much the sweat while swimming, then your hair would just be sitting in a pool of sweat instead of some water flushing it out. Gross I know but it's not me who wears a cap while swimming

KelliD - 2009-09-28 1:56 PM So, I just went down to a local sporting goods shop to get a new pair of goggles.  As I was deciding what color to get (pink, in case you were wondering), there was another woman there getting a swim cap for her daughter and asking the clerk a million and one questions.  Her ONLY requirement demand for this cap was that it had to keep her kid's hair dry.  I'd like to think that I've tried quite a few brands/styles of swim caps and never once have I come out of the pool with dry hair.  So my question...does such a cap actually exist??
2009-09-29 8:36 AM
in reply to: #2431550

User image

Master
New York, NY
Because you don't feel yourself sweat while swimming, I sort of (wrongly) assumed that I didn't sweat then.  There's my lesson for the day

evondo - 2009-09-29 9:30 AM I've never heard of such a cap, not sure you'd really want one honestly... People underestimate how much the sweat while swimming, then your hair would just be sitting in a pool of sweat instead of some water flushing it out. Gross I know but it's not me who wears a cap while swimming

KelliD - 2009-09-28 1:56 PM So, I just went down to a local sporting goods shop to get a new pair of goggles.  As I was deciding what color to get (pink, in case you were wondering), there was another woman there getting a swim cap for her daughter and asking the clerk a million and one questions.  Her ONLY requirement demand for this cap was that it had to keep her kid's hair dry.  I'd like to think that I've tried quite a few brands/styles of swim caps and never once have I come out of the pool with dry hair.  So my question...does such a cap actually exist??
2009-09-29 8:40 AM
in reply to: #2431566

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Haha, I TOATALLY thought the same thing.  My head sweats with everything else I do... but swimming, NO, never.

KelliD - 2009-09-29 9:36 AM Because you don't feel yourself sweat while swimming, I sort of (wrongly) assumed that I didn't sweat then.  There's my lesson for the day

evondo - 2009-09-29 9:30 AM I've never heard of such a cap, not sure you'd really want one honestly... People underestimate how much the sweat while swimming, then your hair would just be sitting in a pool of sweat instead of some water flushing it out. Gross I know but it's not me who wears a cap while swimming

2009-09-29 9:21 AM
in reply to: #2431573

User image

Master
New York, NY
Same thing with running in the rain...it's cleary too wet out for me to be sweating.

Nicole83 - 2009-09-29 9:40 AM Haha, I TOATALLY thought the same thing.  My head sweats with everything else I do... but swimming, NO, never.

KelliD - 2009-09-29 9:36 AM Because you don't feel yourself sweat while swimming, I sort of (wrongly) assumed that I didn't sweat then.  There's my lesson for the day

2009-09-29 10:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Wow...that woman is ridiculous?!?  Is her child's hair too precious to get wet?  They need to try another sport then...or ex that b/c you sweat...something non physical.  I wonder what the sales person was thinking.  Probably trying not to laugh at her!

2009-09-29 12:35 PM
in reply to: #2431784

User image

Master
New York, NY
It was totally ridiculous.  But moreso bc the sales guy was totaling selling her on such a cap.  Normally I keep my mouth shut in these situations, but once she walked away I couldn't help but call BS on the sales guy & this cap.  He stood by what he said though.

Betsy0706 - 2009-09-29 11:01 AM Wow...that woman is ridiculous?!?  Is her child's hair too precious to get wet?  They need to try another sport then...or ex that b/c you sweat...something non physical.  I wonder what the sales person was thinking.  Probably trying not to laugh at her!
2009-09-30 12:23 PM

User image

I picked up an Adamo road saddle last Thursday (brand new from online vendor) $85 (+tax for Texas) but free shipping... Ordered it Thursday and received it Friday around noon.  I am a fan so far.  No numbness and sit nicely on the sit bones.  A longer ride will really tell, but so far ~ so good! (bikeisland.com is a Dallas area vendor Todd)

Ironman 70.3 in Galveston now... KD, here's another excuse to come down and race with us again.  Mooseman & Lonestar are both being sucked up by WTC.

http://www.bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_STOR20.cgi?Action=List&SubCategory=Parts:%20Saddles

http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/ironman-70.3-lone-star-and-ironman-70.3-mooseman-added-to-ironman-70.3-series

2009-09-30 1:16 PM
in reply to: #2434474

User image

Master
New York, NY
Awesome on the saddle!  I'm in need of a new saddle of not gonna start testing them out until the off-season/next season.

I don't know the rate at which they've added more 70.3-brand races in the past, but it seems like a lot have been added for 2010!  Mooseman, Lonestar, Boulder, Syracuse, and Branson!  I would LOVE to go to Boulder, but that doesn't exactly fit with my plan of attempting to limit travel to races next year.  I'm also slightly tempted to go back and tackle Timberman again next year, and it's the 10th anniversary for the race so it should be a good one.  Torn on a 2010 HIM.  And I'm regretting not registering for Eagleman...I totally knew this would be the case.

Speaking of TX though, depending on some possible winter vacation plans & airfare, I may be heading to Dallas for a half marathon in March.

Trin2bfast - 2009-09-30 1:23 PM I picked up an Adamo road saddle last Thursday (brand new from online vendor) $85 (+tax for Texas) but free shipping... Ordered it Thursday and received it Friday around noon.  I am a fan so far.  No numbness and sit nicely on the sit bones.  A longer ride will really tell, but so far ~ so good! (bikeisland.com is a Dallas area vendor Todd)

Ironman 70.3 in Galveston now... KD, here's another excuse to come down and race with us again.  Mooseman & Lonestar are both being sucked up by WTC.

http://www.bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_STOR20.cgi?Action=List&SubCategory=Parts:%20Saddles

http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/ironman-70.3-lone-star-and-ironman-70.3-mooseman-added-to-ironman-70.3-series

2009-10-01 9:45 AM

User image

End-O-Month... assessments!

Who's game?

September was not my best month as far as volume goes, thanks to a chest cold that set me back a week...but I did build some good bike confidence with a solid century ride and 60 miles in Chappel Hill going up and down some hills.
The last few days have shown me that my run fitness (cardio wise is still good ~ but anarobically, I have taken a couple steps back)  Leg strength (endurance wise) will have to get some last minute attention this month.  October is a crucial month ~ with some needed intensity, then focus on some fine tuning, then head into Taper with as much confidence as I can muster!  That is the remaining goal before November!

I am excited about October and nervous about what follows.... but it is a good nervous!

Happy (TIRED A$$) Thursday peeps!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137