BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-01-08 9:54 PM
in reply to: #3976970

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

Mary A - 2012-01-07 4:26 PM Thanks for all the well wishes!!!

1. Came in at 2:09:55. Goal was 2:15, but really was 2:10 so I'm happy! (especially since I was undertrained!)

2. Niezels I can relate. I realized after the race that my left sock was inside out. Huge blister on 3rd toe.

3. Totally used RFP on the big hill!!!! I rocked that incline.

4. I. Am. Beat. Was tough to open a jar of pills.

Great job!  ahhhh what type of pills are you writing yourself a script??? I need some too  LOL   RFP

2012-01-08 9:58 PM
in reply to: #3977534

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
bearun - 2012-01-07 11:12 PM

Hey Guys,

The 5k time was 25:16 on a treadmill.  At the end I realized I had a little more in me but this is a good number for now.  Today I did 2 sets of 8.8 miles.  I'm going to cut back to about 12 next weekend then 22 the following weekend.  Back to 12 the next weekend then its the marathon weekend.  I can do a marathon now but I'm glad to have a few more weeks.  

BTW I've registered for all my events.  They are:  2.12 marathon; 3.12 10k/40k/10k duathalon; 4.12 ironman n.o. 70.3; 5.12 local olympic; 6.12 century ride; 7.12 ironman triathlon camp over the weekend in guntersville al; 8.12 local olympic; 9.12 nothing scheduled; first week of 10.12 is a local half iron; nov. 18 ironman arizona.  Funny that all the other events didn't add up to as much as IMAZ.  Got a bunch of discounts for registering early. Nice!

Allright, so, I'm having some problems getting in the mood to bike.  My computrainer keeps looking at me with these sad puppydog eyes.  Last night I even went to the Y and rode on one of their recumbent bikes for an hour.  Pretty good workout and relaxing at the same time.  Needed to be sipping on a cup of hot tea reading the New York Times,  Very chill indeed.  But tomorrow is a 2 hour ride and computrainer is getting testy, growling a bit...  

Talk to yall soon,

Bearun

Be sure to hit the CT for that 2 hr ride it is so much better for you than the Y bikes.  The group is counting on you to ride tomorrow! lol  Enjoy

2012-01-08 10:13 PM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP grMoniqueGriffithoup! CLOSED

Stijn: Great ride  did you do a group or solo ride.   I have no idea what you want me to post for monday lol hell I forgot to post a weird fact. lol

Jenny: That sounds like a great workout, may have to incorporate that into our 3hr sufferfests on sundays.   You sound like me I am on vacation at a party island and I'm home at 10 after eating subway for dinner! I'm a looser! lol

Asst Coach: Was this the tourney that had much better players? if so sounds like you held your own esp with your whopping 2 years exp.  Nice job sneaking in a quick run, I always feel better after. 

Brian (batlou): what is your wifes objections?  Are you a good swimmer? if not I would probably be swimming more early on, great for cardio and won't break down the body.

Monique: probably for the better, these colds lately have been holding on for weeks on end! get rest and feel better:  (NO netty pots iceman, they kill you lol)

Edited by razorxp 2012-01-08 10:21 PM
2012-01-08 10:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
3 hours on the Computrainer today.  Lovely.
2012-01-09 1:18 AM
in reply to: #3978903

User image

Regular
Utrecht
razorxp - 2012-01-09 4:51 AM
Niezels - 2012-01-07 12:57 PM

Ok,

A little bit of regrets. I didn't want to wait anymore and went for the run anyway. Was a nice relxed 5K run at 31min. But now I'm a bit hesitate to undo my shoe....

Now up to a nice dinner with friends and be back in time for the wildcards. Whoop whoop

Did I miss something? what is up with your foot that your worried about taking of your shoe.  Hope all is well

I hindsight nothing much. I had a 1.5 inch blister since new years day that got infected. So wearing shoes was not a real option (ie no running nor biking). But did the run anyway on saturday. At the end a cleaning bath for the foot and taping after it did wonders.

Edited by Niezels 2012-01-09 3:48 AM
2012-01-09 1:20 AM
in reply to: #3978930

User image

Regular
Utrecht
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP grMoniqueGriffithoup! CLOSED
razorxp - 2012-01-09 5:13 AM

Stijn: Great ride  did you do a group or solo ride.   I have no idea what you want me to post for monday lol hell I forgot to post a weird fact. lol

It was a solo ride.

Monday is music day. The day where we share our #1 song of the theme of the week. This weeks theme is: current favorite song.

2012-01-09 5:17 AM

User image

Expert

Favorite Song Monday, I will kick it off.  This one is my new Wintertime favorite, I love being in the water anywhere Beach, lake or pool.

Zac Brown ft. Jimmy Buffett

http://youtu.be/9n5G0qFBsHM

Have a good week everyone.

2012-01-09 5:55 AM
in reply to: #3978588

User image

Veteran
Niezels - 2012-01-08 8:02 PM
kcgolf - 2012-01-08 11:09 PM

Currently, I am sitting on my couch thinking I may go for a nice 60 minute ride on the trainer and watch this Denver - Pitt matchup.

So did your workout go in OT too?

Would have been easy since it would have added only 90 extra seconds.  That was fun, good for the  NFL.

2012-01-09 6:06 AM

User image

Veteran

Hard to pick a favorite song...One of my favorite bands is Cowboy Mouth (best live shows anywhere).  "This Much Fun" - a little old, but still on the alltime favorites list  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmG4Kgx04Sc

2012-01-09 6:27 AM
in reply to: #3979096

User image

Regular
Utrecht
Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-01-09 12:55 PM
Niezels - 2012-01-08 8:02 PM
kcgolf - 2012-01-08 11:09 PM

Currently, I am sitting on my couch thinking I may go for a nice 60 minute ride on the trainer and watch this Denver - Pitt matchup.

So did your workout go in OT too?

Would have been easy since it would have added only 90 extra seconds.  That was fun, good for the  NFL.

Yeah that was a great pass. Nice way to see the new rules in effect.... For the record. I posted at the cointoss not knowing this.

2012-01-09 6:55 AM
in reply to: #3978519

User image

Veteran
Batlou - 2012-01-08 7:14 PM

First time checking in for a few days.  Great weather in Louisville this weekend so I had no desire to even look at my computer.  Met up with some friends Saturday morning for a 8 mile run then my first outdoor bike ride in what seems like forever followed up with a 2 mile run.  3 Cheers for Global Warming!!!

@Brian:  I am a member of IamTri already and have been following along with the group.  They have several group rides planned throughout the year which I am planning to participate in.  However, my Wife is beginning to waffle on me doing IM Louisville so I am still in a holding pattern.  I did put together my training plan to sync up with my planned spring running and sprint tri's eventually building to IM in August.  As of now I am just moving forward under the assumption she will cave at some point...

ETA:  I posted my training plan that began last week and builds to IM on my blog if you would like to look at.  I am very thick skinned so feedback good or bad is much appreciated.  Thanks.

http://batlou.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-ironman-louisville-training-plan.html

She may cave once you mail in the check for the registration fee.Wink 

2012-01-09 7:14 AM

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
happy Monday everyone! I get to get a new kayak today which is exciting but it also involves 7 to 8 hours of driving to get it. I have to squeeze in a 10k run after driving all day as my first day on the new training plan.
2012-01-09 7:41 AM
in reply to: #3979178

User image

Regular
Utrecht

DaveL - 2012-01-09 2:14 PM happy Monday everyone! I get to get a new kayak today which is exciting but it also involves 7 to 8 hours of driving to get it. I have to squeeze in a 10k run after driving all day as my first day on the new training plan.

Sweet! Is it a new white water kayak. Or are you gonna start a new passion like sea kayak or kano polo?

2012-01-09 8:30 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Nice to be back!

I did not get that ride in last night - my body just did not want to cooperate so I spent the time watching the game and learning more about my garmin. I know that was not real training but I got smarter Smile LOL.

OK - lets see if I can catch up.

Favorite food before a race - whole wheat pasta - with any protein. AM, whole grain bagel, bannana and peanut butter - yummy!. I am sure I will start to better define what I eat prior as this season moves along. I would like to add that I recently purchased  Ironman sports drink to start getting use to it and I am starting to like it.

Skinnyarm/DaDooRunRun Brian (I love that).

Niezels/Stijn - Glad the blister is better, nice ride and I love the song. I have posted mine below.

Mary - one more time - nice run.

Tim - you are a busy boy and nice job getting that bike ride in. Now I feel ever more guilty for not riding last night, but I will today.

Jenni - Love the pre-race picture and ritual and great dicipline going home like that.

IceMan Scott - you are going to motivate us all, that is for sure - you rock my friend.

Theresa - welcome back and hope you enjoyed a good nights sleep in your own bed.

Bearun-Jeff - I love that you have registered for all your races, that is great and it will keep you on track for sure.

Keri - 5:30 am Yoga, no chance - now maybe for a golf game or even a swim, run or bike Smile. Just kidding, I have recently purchased 2 yoga dvd's and I am trying to do it and I know it will be good for me.

Brian - hope you can convince the wife to let you do IML. I am planning on going again to watch and maybe even be a vol and it would be awesome to see you cross that line.

Monique - lung muffings, yuk Frown - hope you are ok but nice job getting out there and riding no matter what.

Dave - good luck with the kayak. How is the new job and how is your Dad?

Coach - thanks for helping me start to set up my training plans and have a great time in FLA.

Mandown-Kevin - Try the Ironman branded yurbuds, that are great.

OK - hope I did not miss anyone but if I did, sorry.

Bike and a swim for me sometime today.

Have a good one team. and here are a couple of  my current songs by the ARKELLS (Toronto based band)

I'm not the sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUvjfOb631U&feature=related

Deadlines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0q_6h4pa7Y&feature=related

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-09 8:33 AM
2012-01-09 9:47 AM

User image

Expert

Mary - Great job this weekend!  Anytime you can beat your goal time is awesome.  Are you feeling better today?

Niezels - Nice job with the long ride this weekend.  What is the weather like in the Netherlands this time of year?  I am sorry if I missed this earlier but how did you get that blister on your foot?  

Keri - I am sorry but that hot yoga sounds absolutely miserable -haha.  I hate the heat and sweating so that is like my worst nightmare.  So is the reason for the heat just to help you loosen up?  Nice 26 mile ride this weekend.

Kevin (Mandown) - There is an ongoing controversy in this group regarding music while training or no music-haha.  I am one of the ones who never uses music and some of the reason is exactly what happened to you.  Those damn earbuds are always falling out an d I end up fiddling with them.  The other is just the safety aspect of it.  There is a product out there that you can make you own custom molded silcone ear buds. - http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Custom_Molded_Ear_Plugs&i=415810&merchID=4004&r=view

David - Don't think I haven't thought about a way to put Myles on my back or somehow attach his boucy to my bike so I can have access to him -haha

Brian - Is Cowboy Mouth still playing?  I saw them years ago when I was in college but havn't heard about them in a long time.  If I remember their drummer was the singer and was crazy.

Jenny - Like KC said - nice job and will power to call it an early night!  I should have followed your example on Saturday as I put down a few too many Sierra Nevada's.  

Monique - Hope you feel better.  Unlike David - I am a believer in the Netty Pot like Scott-haha.  Getting a cold just doesn't go well with being triathlete and singer and the Netty Pot has helped prevent (or at least reduce the severity)of  that for a good two years now.

Dave - That seems like a long way to drive for a kayak-haha.  Is there something special about it?  I have never used  kayak before.  Do you do the whole flip over and go under thing?  That scares the crap out of me and I would rank that right up there with hot yoga-haha.

2012-01-09 9:50 AM

User image

SE North Carolina
was able to get 30 miles in on the bike yesterday morning> It was really nice at first then of course on the way back straight into the wind. Ive looked up  the earbuds and am planning to purchase them thanks for the info on them..It seems like I go through a pair every other month... 

2012-01-09 9:53 AM

User image

Expert

So most would think that being a musician for the past 20 years and being in a cover band that plays all styles of music that I would be someone really up on music and into bands.  Well...no.  I pretty much listen to Sirius Hits One and that is the extent of my music-haha. So....

If I had to choose a song I guess I find that Toby Keith's -"Red Solo Cup" is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68

2012-01-09 9:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Happy Monday everyone!

I slept in today, seriously could not get up this morning.  I am going to head to the pool for a recovery swim this morning, then I have a 50 min easy run, and strength training with upper body and core focus.  I have a faculty meeting this afternoon, but in the afternoon I have a patient who needs some serious core strength, so I think I might workout with him.  A nice change of pace to keep him focused!

Yeah for music Monday!  While I am not a huge country fan, this is my favorite song at the moment, since I am beginning a new decade on Saturday, and today marks the start of birthday week for me!  My husband started this when we got married...instead of having one day for your birthday, you get a whole week to celebrate.

My Next Thirty Years by Tim McGraw http://www.casttv.com/music/tim-mcgraw/a-place-in-the-sun/my-next-thirty-years

I hope everyone has a great day! 

Jenny

2012-01-09 9:59 AM
in reply to: #3979563

User image

Regular
Utrecht
tmoran80 - 2012-01-09 4:47 PM

Niezels - Nice job with the long ride this weekend.  What is the weather like in the Netherlands this time of year?  I am sorry if I missed this earlier but how did you get that blister on your foot?

Well this year it is exceptional warm with highs of 50F. Normally it averages around 25F and it can get to 15F which is when our "Elfstedentocht" fever kicks in. This is a big ice skating race which travels 200KM over 11 cities. But the last edition is already 20 years ago.

I went to a small Island (Schiermonnikoog) to celebrate New Year. Walking over there with new shoes wasn't the best plan. And then continue with other shoes (walking is the main thing to do there) wasn't too smart either.

2012-01-09 10:06 AM
in reply to: #3979326

User image

Expert

I started using that last year training for Racine 70.3 and like it better than the Gatorade Endurance.  

David and Scott - do you guys know if IMWI uses the same flavors each year?  I know last year they had orange.  I have been training with Lemon but will switch if they only use orange.

I know its early to be talking about this already but...

As race nutrition I have been looking at the First Endurance system.  My "test" setup to start for training is gonna two 16oz. EFS drink on my saddle holder, 32 oz.water in my aero bottle, and then a sports bottle of EFS Liquid Shot on my down tube.  For the EFS I will try to consume 5oz. every hour (400 calories).  I will just mark lines for every hour so I know where I am at.

For the run I plan to just carry more EFS Liquid shot and the feed of the course with Ironman Perform.

https://www.firstendurance.com/nutrition/efs-liquid-shot.html

Thoughts???

kcgolf - 2012-01-09 8:30 AM

I would like to add that I recently purchased  Ironman sports drink to start getting use to it and I am starting to like it.

2012-01-09 10:26 AM

User image

Jackson, MS

Yeah, still sore.  But better than yesterday!!!  Haven't done much other than stretching.  Was planning on yoga tonight, but living in Mississippi means that I have to care about the LSU/Bama game.

So we're going to a party instead, naturally.  Haven't decided who I'm rooting for yet (which makes me a pariah here in the south!)

Dave--it was alleve.  the only thing i've written myself is antibiotics, none of the good stuff...yet!  (kidding)

Keri-- I used to do hot yoga and I loved it.  It was more traditional Bikram though. 

Dave holy crap my husband and i have been dying to buy kayaks, but we just never would be able to use them much!  Looks so fun.

Kevin-- nice bike.  I swear, it's ALWAYS into the wind on my way back.  The lake has more waves, its always in my face.  Miserable.

Tim-- thanks for getting Red Solo Cup stuck in my head...I"ll be singing it all day now!

Song-- we've been listening to Bon Iver a lot recently...can't really pick a song because they really sound a lot alike!  So it's really my album of the month. 

Anyone else like training to slow happy songs?  I just can't train to the "in your face/upbeat" stuff!!!

2012-01-09 10:29 AM
in reply to: #3979614

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
tmoran80 - 2012-01-09 10:06 AM

I started using that last year training for Racine 70.3 and like it better than the Gatorade Endurance.  

David and Scott - do you guys know if IMWI uses the same flavors each year?  I know last year they had orange.  I have been training with Lemon but will switch if they only use orange.

I know its early to be talking about this already but...

As race nutrition I have been looking at the First Endurance system.  My "test" setup to start for training is gonna two 16oz. EFS drink on my saddle holder, 32 oz.water in my aero bottle, and then a sports bottle of EFS Liquid Shot on my down tube.  For the EFS I will try to consume 5oz. every hour (400 calories).  I will just mark lines for every hour so I know where I am at.

For the run I plan to just carry more EFS Liquid shot and the feed of the course with Ironman Perform.

https://www.firstendurance.com/nutrition/efs-liquid-shot.html

Thoughts???

kcgolf - 2012-01-09 8:30 AM

I would like to add that I recently purchased  Ironman sports drink to start getting use to it and I am starting to like it.

I don't.  But did you know there is a thread in BT forums for each IM?  You can go there and ask specific questions.  Lots of people there who have done multiples.  They had lots of good info for me last year. 

2012-01-09 10:57 AM

User image

SE North Carolina

Oh, I forgot to add my song, heres one I like listening to when working out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx-dUsh6OT8&ob=av3e

2012-01-09 1:38 PM

User image

Regular
Utrecht

Ok some serious cool songs are coming in. I will start and create a playlist on Spotify. This list will grow over the year with all our top songs!!

Just got back from the first tri club swim workout. In the last excersize: the steigerrun (accelerate over 50m from relaxed to sprint) with focus on technique and keeping form I had the Eureka feeling. I felt like getting elevate on to the water. Felt good!

2012-01-09 2:14 PM
in reply to: #3971582

User image

New user
Chicago, IL

KC - it turned out alright.  Not as good as the last time I made it though.  I believe it's b/c I used beans from Whole Foods...the no salt, organize kind.  Bleh.  normally I'm a fan of organic, low sodium foods but I will stick to my Bush's HOT chili beans when making chili from now on.  Here is the recipe that I use: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/detail.aspx  I omit the sausage, bacon, and beef bouillon. I add in 3-5 habanero peppers, a can of black beans and a can of garbanzo beans.  It usually turns out great!   

I've had a cold since Thursday so not too many workouts since.  The Thurs morning run didn't happen. Survived a boxing workout on Friday and 5 mile run on Saturday.  Gonna load up on some more Nyquil and sleep tonight and hopefully will be back to 100% by tomorrow!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43