BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 119

2012-12-29 10:10 PM
in reply to: #4553330

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Subject: RE: Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed
strikyr - 2012-12-29 7:57 PM

Dirk sorry to hear about your daughter I hope she is feeling better and gets well soon.

David and Samantha nice runs today especially getting out there and doing it when it's snowing out.

I did finish my long trainer ride so 4 weeks of Jorge's winter cycling program in the books. I so did not want to do it and I thought the second hour would be tough but I was surprised I felt stronger the second hour and I actually attacked it the last 30 minutes. I definitely can see and feel the difference over the last 4 weeks. I'm very happy with the results today and I can see this is going to pay some nice dividends come spring time.

tony, I was curious which program you were using, HR or power? I have set my computer up to read power and was thinking of using that instead but wanted your thoughts? Up until today's ride I have never even seen a power number but I hear it may be more accurate.

2012-12-29 10:19 PM
in reply to: #4553013

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
trigal38 - 2012-12-29 1:23 PM

I just want to say, in case you don't already know, that I stink with tech gadgets.Yell

Got my new to me/used Garmin 310XT which was sold with the Premium HR strap. I paired everything up again, set everything on the watch, TrainerRoad recognized my HR and cadence but still no speed or power reading. So, I think I did not set up my cadence sensor correctly. I am guessing that the arm on the sensor is too far away from the speed magnet. I hope this is it otherwise I'll have to take it to someone and beg for help!

Regardless, I finished my longest ride ever on the trainer with 1 hour and 50 min. It wasn't that bad until the last 30 min or so. Then I was just ready to be finished and do something else. Helps that there is nothing to do today. We have snow, it is cold & windy and both my kids woke up with tummy trouble.

have you had any luck with this yet? One thing that really helped me was to test in a darker area. The little lights are difficult to see and by being in low light you can see if the sensor is making contact. I'm sure you probably have this but here is a link to the garmin instructions if it helps.

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/1137_GSC10ReferenceGuide.pdf

Also if you want to see how I have mine set-up let me know and I can take a couple of pictures, as someone else stated earlier everything needs to be positions just so for it to work. I imagine that if it sees the sensor but is not giving any data that you just need to make some slight adjustments.
2012-12-29 10:34 PM
in reply to: #4553509

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
mambos - 2012-12-29 11:10 PM
strikyr - 2012-12-29 7:57 PM

Dirk sorry to hear about your daughter I hope she is feeling better and gets well soon.

David and Samantha nice runs today especially getting out there and doing it when it's snowing out.

I did finish my long trainer ride so 4 weeks of Jorge's winter cycling program in the books. I so did not want to do it and I thought the second hour would be tough but I was surprised I felt stronger the second hour and I actually attacked it the last 30 minutes. I definitely can see and feel the difference over the last 4 weeks. I'm very happy with the results today and I can see this is going to pay some nice dividends come spring time.

tony, I was curious which program you were using, HR or power? I have set my computer up to read power and was thinking of using that instead but wanted your thoughts? Up until today's ride I have never even seen a power number but I hear it may be more accurate.

Matt I decided to go with power. I thought it would be more consistent then HR. I also seem to have a tough time getting my HR up on the trainer so I wasn't sure how reliable it would be. Although after doing the Jorge workouts my HR is definitely up there at times so maybe I just wasn't pushing hard enough in the past on the trainer.

In any case I am using a Kurt Kenitic trainer and the Kurt Kenitic bike computer which also acts as a power meter. The catch is it doesn't work outdoors and only works with the KK trainer but it was cheap and it works great. It seems to be very consistent. So the plan is very easy to follow using power. I just did the 5 and 20 minute tests before I started and then plugged the numbers into that calculator they have on the home page for the plan and it gave me my numbers for the power zones. If you can do it with power I think that is the way to go.

2012-12-29 10:40 PM
in reply to: #4551558

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
wbayek - 2012-12-28 11:11 AM
kickitinok - 2012-12-27 9:54 PM

Oh wow....I have been so busy this week that I haven't had any time to catch-up with all the posts. My goals for the upcoming season:

1. Lose 25lbs

2. Race an Oly in under 3:20

3. Run a HM in 2:45 or under

4. Race a HIM in 7:45 or under

5. Quit wrecking my car. I had another auto accident tonight. Cry

Sorry to hear about the car, hopefully just car injuries and nothing human related.

Great goals, and though I broke this one myself, sometimes time goals can be tricky.  Let's say on the day of your HIM the wind is howling or it's really hot.  A 7:45 on that kind of day is very different than a 7:45 under perfect conditions.  I'm not trying to dissuade you from hitting these goals, but be realistic in assessing yourself based on race day conditions and good luck!

I agree with Warren.  Don't allow time goals to upset a balance of having fun at any given race.  It is certainly good to be able to set time goals but have a back up plan if various conditions occur that are certain to cause an altered race.  There are various ways to make sure you can set goals such as no walking or walk only through aid stations, ride at a certain RPE level.

The point being that you allow yourself the out on bad weather days or if you had been sick recently, etc.

2012-12-30 1:46 AM
in reply to: #4542598

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
ok-first mini-goal under my main goal of focusing on being healthy: stop drinking diet coke. Doing this cold turkey is a no go for me since it is 100% guarenteed to bring on a migraine (yes, I am that addicted). Going to start limiting myself to 1 can a day and trying to drink more water. Hopefully I can detox by the end of Jan.
2012-12-30 5:25 AM

User image

Michigan
Just a quick note to say I'm keeping up with my plans, running a bit during a few days out of town and staying on target biking. I'm looking into finding a coach to help me with the swim, would like to start within the first weeks of the new year. I am defiantly enjoying reading these discussions!

2012-12-30 6:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Jackie, listen to these guys, I let the wrong goals take over last year and stopped having fun and pushed myself too hard it wasn't pretty.

So I had every intention of taking a run in the snow today but it is 11 degrees out and I am thinking no way.. It looks like I will be heading to the gym for a run and if I feel like it I will throw in a swim.

I did my second day of Jorge's program yesterday, this was also my second day on the bike since September. I did ok I do not have a power meter so am doing HR. and since I gave my monitor a good cleaning it is now working correctly.

Dirk I hope your daughter is feeling better there seems to be so much stuff going around, I have upped my vitamin d and c.
2012-12-30 6:52 AM
in reply to: #4553061

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

dmiller5 - 2012-12-29 2:15 PM So it was supposed to snow today, and I was excited for an 8 mile trail run in it! But it ended up snow/sleeting and not sticking so what I got was an 8 mile run in the mud.  Still fun but man does the mud make it hard.

Running in the mud is certainly hard but how about a 50k in these conditions.  I did the relay for this race for the 50k under these epic conditions but it was incredibly fun.  (I have a race report for the race if anyone cares to read it.)Here are a couple of links to some video of the mire we found ourselves in during the December 2011 Huff 50k:

Mud puddles??

Mud

2012-12-30 7:17 AM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

The running in snow discussion brought on it's own meaning for me yesterday.  I ran 7.75 miles in 4-6 inches of almost entirely untouched snow.  I didn't have any problems with sliding around much because the snow was deep enough to keep me from it.  The snow added a better running surface for my PF too. 

This run was my longest run I have completed in the past couple of months and I can tell I have lost some of my muscular endurance.  My legs began to get a little sore toward the end of the run but they weren't sore over night at all.  I doubt that adding mileage will be a deterrent as I move ahead.  My plan will be to have long runs by the end of January at 13-14 miles and only run 4 times a week to promote a little more healing and less irritation to my PF by allowing days in between my runs.

Also, thanks for all of the well wishes for my daughter.  She seems to be over the hump and it was a sinus infection that brought she and my wife down. 

2012-12-30 9:32 AM
in reply to: #4553566

User image

Expert
MI

jpbis26 - 2012-12-30 2:46 AM ok-first mini-goal under my main goal of focusing on being healthy: stop drinking diet coke. Doing this cold turkey is a no go for me since it is 100% guarenteed to bring on a migraine (yes, I am that addicted). Going to start limiting myself to 1 can a day and trying to drink more water. Hopefully I can detox by the end of Jan.

Do you get a headache from the caffeine?  (or lack of.)  Not that caffeine is good in any form, but if that's the case, have you thought about alternative forms of caffeine?  Not that I'm saying cold turkey is a good way to go either, but... if you having trouble even with just one can maybe?? Tongue out

2012-12-30 9:52 AM
in reply to: #4553701

User image

Expert
MI

My throat feels horrible. I started to notice something happening Thursday afternoon/evening when I started having slight problems talking/voice started sounding different.  Then Friday like I mentioned earlier it was just bad and lost my voice at times. I would be saying a sentence, and then no sound would come out.  I'd try to repeat it, no sound. (At the time it was kind of funny!) My voice was basically in and out all day, and I had to talk a lot.  Yesterday (Saturday) I didn't have to talk really, so I didn't very much.  Today (Sunday) I am not feeling like it's necessarily getting any better.  I haven't taken any medicine for this yet (except some cough drops on Friday) but I might get some today.

I rarely get sick.  This is the second time in nearly a month I've gotten something! Undecided  Right around Thanksgiving I had an awful cough that lasted a few days... and then now this throat thing.

2012-12-30 11:29 AM
in reply to: #4553722

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
michgirlsk - 2012-12-30 10:52 AM

My throat feels horrible. I started to notice something happening Thursday afternoon/evening when I started having slight problems talking/voice started sounding different.  Then Friday like I mentioned earlier it was just bad and lost my voice at times. I would be saying a sentence, and then no sound would come out.  I'd try to repeat it, no sound. (At the time it was kind of funny!) My voice was basically in and out all day, and I had to talk a lot.  Yesterday (Saturday) I didn't have to talk really, so I didn't very much.  Today (Sunday) I am not feeling like it's necessarily getting any better.  I haven't taken any medicine for this yet (except some cough drops on Friday) but I might get some today.

I rarely get sick.  This is the second time in nearly a month I've gotten something! Undecided  Right around Thanksgiving I had an awful cough that lasted a few days... and then now this throat thing.

Samantha I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Feel better and take care of yourself.

2012-12-30 12:27 PM
in reply to: #4553701

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
michgirlsk - 2012-12-30 9:32 AM

jpbis26 - 2012-12-30 2:46 AM ok-first mini-goal under my main goal of focusing on being healthy: stop drinking diet coke. Doing this cold turkey is a no go for me since it is 100% guarenteed to bring on a migraine (yes, I am that addicted). Going to start limiting myself to 1 can a day and trying to drink more water. Hopefully I can detox by the end of Jan.

Do you get a headache from the caffeine?  (or lack of.)  Not that caffeine is good in any form, but if that's the case, have you thought about alternative forms of caffeine?  Not that I'm saying cold turkey is a good way to go either, but... if you having trouble even with just one can maybe?? Tongue out

Right now, I drink the equivalent of 3-5 cans a day. I get migraine headaches about 4-5 times a year (bad ones that occur with nasea and effect my vision). I also get mild tension headaches at least once a week. I absolutely think the caffeine in diet coke effects my headaches. When I stopped drinking diet coke cold turkey several months ago, I was fine for about 2 days and then got hit with a bad migraine for 12 hours and a tension headache that last for another 12. I finally got some relief when I drank a huge Diet Coke from 7-Eleven. I've seen doctors about my migraines before and have been told I do not have them frequently enough to take preventative meds. I've tried taking meds that contain caffiene once the migrains set in, but they don't seem to help much.

So, long story short...I would like to see how my body does without caffiene (I'm not a regular coffe drinker) and see if it would actually help my headaches to get it 100% out of my system.

Also, I drink Diet Coke instead of water. So I think I'm pretty dehydrated...which also can bring on headaches. So a big part of giving it up is to force myself to drink more water.

Lastly, I've heard that the artificial sweetner in Diet Coke effects food cravings & mood.

I LOVE Diet Coke...but I'm curious to see if giving it up might make me feel better long term. I think I will be ok doing 1 can a day for the next few weeks and then gradually cutting it out all together.

Well enough rambling on about that...got in a short bike ride today. Felt good to get back out there.

2012-12-30 12:57 PM
in reply to: #4553888

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
jpbis26 - 2012-12-30 1:27 PM
michgirlsk - 2012-12-30 9:32 AM

Right now, I drink the equivalent of 3-5 cans a day. I get migraine headaches about 4-5 times a year (bad ones that occur with nasea and effect my vision). I also get mild tension headaches at least once a week. I absolutely think the caffeine in diet coke effects my headaches. When I stopped drinking diet coke cold turkey several months ago, I was fine for about 2 days and then got hit with a bad migraine for 12 hours and a tension headache that last for another 12. I finally got some relief when I drank a huge Diet Coke from 7-Eleven. I've seen doctors about my migraines before and have been told I do not have them frequently enough to take preventative meds. I've tried taking meds that contain caffiene once the migrains set in, but they don't seem to help much.

So, long story short...I would like to see how my body does without caffiene (I'm not a regular coffe drinker) and see if it would actually help my headaches to get it 100% out of my system.

Also, I drink Diet Coke instead of water. So I think I'm pretty dehydrated...which also can bring on headaches. So a big part of giving it up is to force myself to drink more water.

Lastly, I've heard that the artificial sweetner in Diet Coke effects food cravings & mood.

I LOVE Diet Coke...but I'm curious to see if giving it up might make me feel better long term. I think I will be ok doing 1 can a day for the next few weeks and then gradually cutting it out all together.

Well enough rambling on about that...got in a short bike ride today. Felt good to get back out there.

Jackie your headaches sound very similar to what I experienced several years back, and to some extent still have but just not as severe. A least twice a week I would get a headache that just put me out, I would be throwing up and in severe pain. The only thing that helped at the time was severel of th exedrin tension pills and then sleeping for several hours. I suffered through this for a year before my wife forced me to the doctor, after full work-up and a head scan the diagnoses was "forward head syndrome". Or basically poor posture that caused me to hold my head out in front of my body and put a lot of stress on the back of my neck. This stress then carried all the way down my back and over the top of my head. Perfect example of one part of the body affecting another part of the body! The fix was 6 months of physical therapy to stregthen the muscles and get my neck back where it was supposed to be. Most of therapy though was just massaging to get the muscles to relax!

there was one exercise that helped and I still do today. Sit in a chair that has good back support, next take your hand and place it on your chin. Push back on your chin, you should feel the back of your neck stretch out. Release and then repeat, do this 10 times a few times a day. If you search for chin tuck exercises on the Internet there should be better explanations! It also helps if you feel the tension headache coming on to do a few of these, I have been successfull at warding off a headache if I recognize it early enough! I have not had a debilitating headache in over 2 years by doing these exercises

keep in mind this is just my experience and may not help at all, but the exercise is simple and may be worth trying.

Edited by mambos 2012-12-30 12:59 PM
2012-12-30 1:51 PM
in reply to: #4553915

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
mambos- Wow, I can't imagine getting migraines twice a week! So glad you found some relief from that. As I said, I only get migraines 4-5 times a year and they totally take me out every time. But I also do get pretty regular mild tension headaches, so I will see if doing that exercise will helps reduce them. Thanks for the advice.
2012-12-30 2:41 PM

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!

Wow....Merry Christmas to everyone.  I take a week to visit family and have 10 pages to read!  Good lordy....we've got some motivated and chatty Cathy's in the group.  I'm psyched to see everyone had a good holiday and is getting ramped up (if not already started) to work out and get healthy and strong in the New Year.  

I want to make a couple requests if possible.  Being that I am horrible with names, could everyone please put their name in their signature line?  For example strikyr has his name (Tony) in his signature line.  It will help me to get to know you and to remember you.  My fellow mentors are probably better at this than I am.  I will do the same after I'm done responding to a weeks worth of good stuff!

Dina:  I can't believe that you made your kids wait until you were done your workout to open their stockings!  Scrooge-McJunkie!!!  You also mentioned needing something to grab and go during the mornings when you get hungry.  I have a couple ideas, but can you keep whatever it is refrigerated?

Warren:  Thanks for looking out for that 910XT for me.  I'm going to try to be a little frugal early this year as I am getting LASIK done on my birthday (Jan. 3rd).  Also, I really like your schedule for the bike leg/aqua bike/HIM.  I think that could work out really well.  

Tony:  I have to applaud your persistence.  You were out there getting your swims done the day after Christmas!  Just awesome dude.  Also, good call on starting a strength training routine.  I have been doing 1-2 strength workouts a week and it's already helping me out.  I know it's tough to fit in the schedule, but you'll see some gains here.  I only do about a 30 minute workout, so you can get up 30 mins early one day a week.  

Dirk:  This is more towards everyone else, but it's good that you are seeing issues and addressing them early.  I know that I get excited and go all in and I used to have a tendency to just ignore all aches and pains and signs of fatigue until I was down for the count.  We all need to pay attention to how our bodies are reacting to the increased work load in the New Year.  It's great that you want to jump in and get your workouts done, but remember that it's only very early in the season.  You don't want to spend every fourth week of your year laid up because you didn't listen to what your body was telling you.

Matt:  Thanks for that Ant+ program.  Very cool!  I am not sure how/when I would use it, but seems to work perfectly.

Tracy:  I will always love your attitude.  "oh I got up this morning swam a couple miles, then ran hills for an hour...no big deal.  It was fun"  This is seriously motivating to me...so I thank you!  Your idea for volume on the bike is smart.  There will be days when you feel like pushing it harder...go ahead and do it.  Then on days when it sucks...just put the time in.

JoAnne:  Thank you for the update on your sister.  I have been thinking a lot about you gals and I will pray for a quick recovery after the surgery.  Is that scheduled yet?

Trina:  Sorry to hear about the car accident!  I hope you are all right.  I'm excited to hear you are in for the weight loss goals.  We will do this together.  I think with everything, your goals are very attainable!

Samantha:  What is the current state of your elbow?  I think you really need to take a few days off from swimming.  That elbow needs ice and rest.....like right now.  We then need to talk about your stroke.  But let's get that arm feeling better first.  When you squeeze your forearm, does that make it feel any better?  Both of my elbows are sore right now from doing push-ups....go figure!  Hope your throat feels better soon.  Remember, lots of water and long night's sleep!

Jen:  I think you need to do some basic lunges/squats/pushups/stretching while on your trip.  It's a good time to get some stretching in.  Remember to stretch and massage that IT band!

Jackie:  The couch to 5k plan is a VERY smart idea.  I actually did something similar this fall after a month off.  No sense in being stupid about running anymore, ya know?  I also have to admit, I am a bit addicted to a diet soda during lunch.  I'm partnering up with you in January to kick the habit.  Can you help me do that?

On the home front, I have only been able to get a couple runs in because of the crazy weather when I was visiting family.  I finally ran again today in a few inches of new slow.  It's awesome!  I have a pair of yaktrax that I use and they work great.  I'm going to be taking it easy the next day or so because I have started to feel myself run down from the crappy diet and all this traveling around New England.  I'll get my workouts in, but nothing really long or really hard for a couple days (most likely a week due to my surgery on Thursday).

I also am very excited to announce that we brought home our dog today.  She is very stressed out and had been on transport through the snow storm from Littlerock, Arkansas since Friday.  Her name is Luca and she's about year and a half old.  She needs to put a little meat on her bones and is a little frightened about everything right now, but she's a real sweetheart.  She also brings anything back to you.  It's awesome.  I can't believe anyone would have let her go!

2012-12-30 2:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx

Hey guys, I've been down with a wicked sickness the past few days.  I felt it coming on Thursday, but went ahead and did my swim workout (2500 meters).  Is there a chance that this workout could have weakened my immune system and made the sickness worse?  Just wondering if I should have taken it easy.

To my friends w/ headaches:  I've had them randomly all my life.  Excedrin Migraine is a medicine that sometimes helps (it has caffeine).  If I drink a ton of caffeine and then dont drink any for 24hrs plus, I usually get a pretty bad migraine... 

2012-12-30 2:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx

Mambos - I'm interested in trying that chin exercise you mentioned.  I know that I have bad posture and really need to start doing some exercises to help w/ it.  Any chance you want to post a vid of you doing it?

Also, jgerbodegrant just mention Little Rock and made me wonder where everyone lives... I'm in Longview, TX.  How about all of you?

Edited by pistuo 2012-12-30 2:56 PM
2012-12-30 3:23 PM
in reply to: #4554053

User image

Expert
MI
pistuo - 2012-12-30 3:55 PM

Also, jgerbodegrant just mention Little Rock and made me wonder where everyone lives... I'm in Longview, TX.  How about all of you?

I'm going to answer this question for everyone. Tongue out  Most everyone does seem to have their location listed right under their profile pic.  With a quick browse, JoAnne doesn't (she's in Wisconsin) and neither does Dina (she's in Illinois.)  Generally speaking, I think we've got a lot of people from the midwest, a few on the east coast.  States represented seem to be: MI, IN, OH, IL, WI, NY, NH, TN, MD, OK, FL, GA, NV, CA... and TX Laughing

2012-12-30 3:34 PM
in reply to: #4554077

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx

Ah, never noticed that.  I updated mine and got my Herbie Hancock up as well.  

Okay, for those of you with training knowledge, please let me know what you think about this plan.  My goal would be just to finish, but this seems a little light.  Thoughts?

13-week plan

Edited by pistuo 2012-12-30 3:42 PM
2012-12-30 4:13 PM
in reply to: #4554053

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
pistuo - 2012-12-30 3:55 PM

Mambos - I'm interested in trying that chin exercise you mentioned.  I know that I have bad posture and really need to start doing some exercises to help w/ it.  Any chance you want to post a vid of you doing it?

found this on YouTube and it explains it fairly well. It is surprising how a simple movement can go a long way in realigning the body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFiRj-D3djc

2012-12-30 4:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Well, I am completely exhausted, this morning I had 9 mile run through 6 inches of snow! Majority of the course was not plowed and very difficult to get through, finished with a 10:30 pace which is roughly 1:30 slower than normal runs. Then in the afternoon kids decided they wanted to go sledding so back out into the snow I went. Up and down the sledding hill who knows how many times over a 3 hour span and my legs are toast. Ankles are sore, calves are on fire! I think I'm going to call it a good day and go to be early
2012-12-30 5:42 PM
in reply to: #4553722

User image

Veteran
Cairo, GA
michgirlsk - 2012-12-30 10:52 AM

I rarely get sick too, but when I do it's awful. In the beginning of December I got the stomach flu and was out of commission for 5 days. First time I was sick in over a year. I have been very careful to build my immune system back up through diet, rest, and supplements/vitamins. Having a 2 yr old and 4 yr old that spend their days in daycare means that we have LOTS of germs in our house always. Take care if yourself!
2012-12-30 5:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Cairo, GA
Junkies-I didn't get any training in this weekend due to my little ones needing lots of TLC as they recovered from fevers and aches. Now, I have two little balls of snot running around the house. Oh, the joy, there simply aren't words. I am flying out to SoCal tomorrow and hope to still be logging in and chatting. I will focus my time on lots of stretching and yoga after the HM. I did find a YMCA not too far from my dad so I am hoping to get in at least one swim and a few days of weights.
2012-12-30 8:25 PM
in reply to: #4553513

User image

Bronze member
mambos - 2012-12-29 10:19 PM
trigal38 - 2012-12-29 1:23 PM

I just want to say, in case you don't already know, that I stink with tech gadgets.Yell

Got my new to me/used Garmin 310XT which was sold with the Premium HR strap. I paired everything up again, set everything on the watch, TrainerRoad recognized my HR and cadence but still no speed or power reading. So, I think I did not set up my cadence sensor correctly. I am guessing that the arm on the sensor is too far away from the speed magnet. I hope this is it otherwise I'll have to take it to someone and beg for help!

Regardless, I finished my longest ride ever on the trainer with 1 hour and 50 min. It wasn't that bad until the last 30 min or so. Then I was just ready to be finished and do something else. Helps that there is nothing to do today. We have snow, it is cold & windy and both my kids woke up with tummy trouble.

have you had any luck with this yet? One thing that really helped me was to test in a darker area. The little lights are difficult to see and by being in low light you can see if the sensor is making contact. I'm sure you probably have this but here is a link to the garmin instructions if it helps. http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/1137_GSC10ReferenceGuide.pdfAlsoif you want to see how I have mine set-up let me know and I can take a couple of pictures, as someone else stated earlier everything needs to be positions just so for it to work. I imagine that if it sees the sensor but is not giving any data that you just need to make some slight adjustments.

I worked with it a little more last night and moved the magnet. Now it is so close it touches the arm. At least the light is green but the red light for cadence is not turning on LOL . I'll mess with it some more tomorrow when I have more time. We were gone all day today. Thanks for asking, I think I'm really close.......

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 119