2009-11-03 8:17 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Man I fell off the planet for a week.

Hi everyone.

JUSTINNNNN!!!!  GOOD LUCK IN FL!!!!  I am so excited for you.  You're probably heading out here pretty quick, right?  I am SO excited to stalk you... errr... follow your progress on race day!

2009-11-03 8:56 AM
in reply to: #2494866

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Glad you found your way back to the world. Did you have a good B-Day weekend.

I am excited for my speedy buddy to go and show the Florida peeps how its done. Bust out your "c" race Justin.
2009-11-03 10:00 AM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Thanks Y'all!  I just got in my last session here in Texas.  My next session will be an OWS in the Gulf on Thursday and a short tour bike ride of PCB after.  Leaving H-town about 6:30am tomorrow.  Should be reaching Shores of Panama between 4 or 5pm... I am really starting to get totally excited and a bit nervous.  I know once it starts, it will be like taking that first hit on the football field...it will all settle in I will simply get to work... but the anticipation is killer!

Thanks again to all of y'all for all your kind words, good times, laughs, and support over the last year!  This has really helped me stay the course. 

I will try and update things after I arrive in PCB!  If anything, I'll post to FB from my phone.
2009-11-03 10:18 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
So seeing as we're a few days into November, does anyone want to do an October self assessment?

I can, but my goals last month weren't exactly concrete.  I am officially not crazy, I DID hit my budget, I just joined fabulous new gym with pool this morning, and I turned 26 without too much insanity.

Okay, that last one isn't true.  I partied for probably 2 weeks straight.  I just decided yesterday that I can't keep drinking and spending money in honor of my birthday, that was 2 weeks ago.

This month I'm actually going to set some true goals.  I am registered for a half marathon in February, so I'm going to have to get going on a bit more formalized training plan.  I also want to utilize my fabulous new gym so I'm going to start a.m. swims at least 3x per week.

Anyone else care to join?  What do you all have goal wise for your off sesasons?
2009-11-03 4:30 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I will recap October for me. Raced on the 11th and did ok. Ok swim slow bike but had a good run for me. My race overall wasn't good but the run got me excited for the next one. The rest of the month was spent in Vegas party mode and binge eating where Joey chestnut would be proud. Now nov is here and I am in full training mode. I will be doing 4 races next year with the possibity of a 5th. I need to drop the lbs I aquired recently and quit the crappy eating. Dropping 20 lbs would really help my running. Ok I am back with the movie reviews so if anyone has any requestls let me know. Me and the trainer are going to be good buddies this winter.
2009-11-04 8:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
So October for me (and really all of off season) is about maintaining my running.  I have two 1/2 marathons to complete in under 2 hours.   (I'm hoping!)  Giving myself a break from the swim and bike.  Bike just because I don't like riding in the cold or on the trainer.   Swim...well the swim...this is really what I should be working on but have no desire.  Was really frustrated with my open water swimming by the end of tri season.  I don't know what tris I will do next season.  I know it won't be until after the wedding and honeymoon.  So it's looking like summer/fall tris are in store for me next year.  

Happy Hump day everyone! 

2009-11-04 9:54 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So I have decided that Wednesdays will be weigh in Wednesdays for me. That way I can have some weekly accountability of my goals. Today was #1. So gorging yourself for 3 weeks on 4k cals a day does not so good thing for my heftyness. I am a little loose in the cage right now. Good news is I could be a legit clydes.
2009-11-04 2:30 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Hey guys!!!  I haven't disappeared!  Off season has been going totally as planned, and I'm loving it!  I have a loose workout schedule, although I'm not yet following it.  Maybe next week I'll hop on board.  I'm just going with the flow for now and pretty soon I'm sure I'll start getting twitchy from being lazy-ish and the glutton-fest will come to an end.  My bike is still somewhere between Austin and New York.   Some days I actually forget that I own a bike.

Once I get back on track my goals for the off season will be:
regular lifting (and what I'd like to call Operation Abs)
run maintenance & working on speed, and get in a half-marathon in early 2010
time in the saddle, time in the saddle, time in the saddle

2009-11-05 9:58 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I see our great white ironman hope has made to Florida. Can't wait to do some race tracking this weekend. I am thinking about doing a half mary in march. Would two weeks after my du be that bad. I am not looking to set an PRs but just to do it. There is also a possible oly that will be in April. So last week of feb is the du. 2 weeks later the half Mary then a month later an oly.
2009-11-05 12:28 PM
in reply to: #2499010

User image

Master
New York, NY
Also excited for stalking err, tracking IMFL!! 

Half-mary would be great!!!  I'm a bad judge of recovery time, but I'd say GO FOR IT!

Newtons1st - 2009-11-05 10:58 AM I see our great white ironman hope has made to Florida. Can't wait to do some race tracking this weekend. I am thinking about doing a half mary in march. Would two weeks after my du be that bad. I am not looking to set an PRs but just to do it. There is also a possible oly that will be in April. So last week of feb is the du. 2 weeks later the half Mary then a month later an oly.
2009-11-05 2:06 PM
in reply to: #2499364

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
I say go for it too!  Just don't race it.  Of course Eric would know better than I do though  

We have a few friends racing IM Florida so we'll be doing some tracking too! 

KelliD - 2009-11-05 12:28 PM Also excited for stalking err, tracking IMFL!! 

Half-mary would be great!!!  I'm a bad judge of recovery time, but I'd say GO FOR IT!

Newtons1st - 2009-11-05 10:58 AM I see our great white ironman hope has made to Florida. Can't wait to do some race tracking this weekend. I am thinking about doing a half mary in march. Would two weeks after my du be that bad. I am not looking to set an PRs but just to do it. There is also a possible oly that will be in April. So last week of feb is the du. 2 weeks later the half Mary then a month later an oly.

2009-11-06 9:33 AM
in reply to: #2499010

User image

Master
Houston
Hmm, there's no doubt you can do all of those but the question really comes down to what are your overall goals and how do those races/training help you...

If a faster olympic is your main goal then I'd say no half mary since that's really overkill training wise and time is better spent biking/swimming. However, if you focus your training for the olympic and say goto ~9ish mile long run and are happy making it through the half on that training I say go for it.  If you choose the latter its best if you not push the 1/2 to complete exhaustion for recovery reasons, you don't want it to put you out of training for a week. If you remember back in Jan when I did the 1/2 the goal was the be back training the next day or two so I did not push the race to 100%. 

Newtons1st - 2009-11-05 9:58 AM I see our great white ironman hope has made to Florida. Can't wait to do some race tracking this weekend. I am thinking about doing a half mary in march. Would two weeks after my du be that bad. I am not looking to set an PRs but just to do it. There is also a possible oly that will be in April. So last week of feb is the du. 2 weeks later the half Mary then a month later an oly.
2009-11-06 9:43 AM
in reply to: #2495199

User image

Master
Houston
Woho! You're all signed up and ready to train, love it!

My October summary is pretty simple, it was by far my best triathlon ever. I thought the fastest I would ever go in a 70.3 is ~4:35 in my life and I spent a good 10mins after crossing the finish line arguing with Betsy that I went 4:37 cause there's no way I was 4:32. It was one argument I was happy to lose It was a great weekend between the race, family and friends!

For off-season I've spent the past two weeks doing pretty much nothing if you couldn't tell. Now's the time to gain some weight, decompress and let the mind relax to refocus for next season.  I think I've decided I will not be doing any other 70.3 but worlds but haven't really looked at how other races fit the schedule yet.  There will definitely be at least one olympic race and probably a bunch of local sprints.  My focus for off-season is going to be speed speed and more speed, specifically running. I need to get that 1/2 marathon time down if I don't want to get DFL at worlds

Nicole83 - 2009-11-03 10:18 AM So seeing as we're a few days into November, does anyone want to do an October self assessment?

I can, but my goals last month weren't exactly concrete.  I am officially not crazy, I DID hit my budget, I just joined fabulous new gym with pool this morning, and I turned 26 without too much insanity.

Okay, that last one isn't true.  I partied for probably 2 weeks straight.  I just decided yesterday that I can't keep drinking and spending money in honor of my birthday, that was 2 weeks ago.

This month I'm actually going to set some true goals.  I am registered for a half marathon in February, so I'm going to have to get going on a bit more formalized training plan.  I also want to utilize my fabulous new gym so I'm going to start a.m. swims at least 3x per week.

Anyone else care to join?  What do you all have goal wise for your off sesasons?
2009-11-06 4:00 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
My main goal for next year is to be faster at the oly. I think I will pass on the half Mary then. I will be making the US open in October my A race of the year. Now I need to make some insain sounding goal times for it and bust arse to make it happen. I am also working an angle with an inside soured to get some EvD elixer.
2009-11-07 8:30 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I'm sure everyone is tracking Justin, but I'm posting in here just in case.

He's out of the water and on his trusty steed.  SUPER swim time!

WOOD, JUSTIN186/--/--39/M35-3901:14:4700:00:0000:00:0000:00:00
2009-11-09 8:44 AM
in reply to: #2502302

User image

Master
Houston
How is our resident Ironman feeling? As I've already told you, amazing race Justin you crushed your goal and that course. Not that I'm rushing ya but when we getting the nitty gritty details? I know Todd's going to be busting out the whip if you don't hurry it up or he might bring it out just for fun ya never know with those BT lovers...

2009-11-09 8:51 AM
in reply to: #2504473

User image

Master
Houston
How was everyone's weekend?

I had a great one, felt weird not having a long bike on Sunday. Went out drinking Sat night, had a friend who was supposed to crash at my place and he 'went to the bathroom' and disappeared.  We didn't end up finding him. Apparently 'bathroom' means jumping in a cab with no cash and going ~30mins home without his cell phone. 
2009-11-09 9:16 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
First....HUGE CONGRATS Justin!!!  Awesome, awesome race!!!  Way to go.  x2 on what Eric said, not to rush you but we want DETAILS!

Weekend here was amazing!!  Had more than my fair share of wine this weekend, a really great dinner at a new-ish restaurant in my neighborhood, some late nights and lots of naps.  Oh yea, and I did a little bit of a run/jog thing on Saturday, but at the moment I really have absolutely no interest in anything active.  I know it won't last, so I'm going with it for the time being.  I'll probably "run" tonight with my group, but really, I'm only going to catch up with some friends.

2009-11-09 9:20 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I would like to go on record here, there and everywhere as saying CONGRATS to Justin!  AMAZING race, amazing time, and way to blow that 12 hour goal out of the water.

I caught the live feed of you crossing the finish line and got all warm and fuzzy inside.  Fantastic!!!

Good weekend for me, bought a new car which is a big step seeing as I've been pimping the first car I ever bought for the past 8 years.  New one is so purty and has so much more power I'm not sure what to do with myself yet, but I'm happy.

Also got in a nice run outside and a nice short swim.  Ended up doing nothing on Sunday thanks to husband's fantastic negotiating skills which forced us to spend 8 freaking hours (no, I'm not exaggarting) on the car lot.  Buuuuuttttt we got a car for $2500 below it's blue book value, plus twice what my trade was worth and leather.  I hated him for it at the time, but husband is darn good.
2009-11-09 10:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Justin Wood - you are an Ironman.  I bet it was amazing hearing that!  You did an outstanding job!  We are so proud of you! 

I'm still mourning the loss from Saturday's game.  (Injured players, a bad call and we had to put in our back up who threw like 21 interceptions last year.

Good news is I am on taper with the SA 1/2 marathon being on Sunday! 

2009-11-09 11:16 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Justin like Eric said don't make me bust out the whip. Dude you were blazing on that speedy steed of yours. My weekend went pretty well. Had to take the car to get new brakes. Left it there and ended up riding the bike to go pick it up. Took the bike to the LBS to get the RD fixed. Couldn't get into last 4 rings. Will get it back tomorrow. Got in a run and feeling good about getting back into the training groove. It was fun to be off for a while but the extra 12 lbs I earned are not fun to run with. So what is the new ride Nichole?

2009-11-10 8:57 AM
in reply to: #2504473

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
evondo - 2009-11-09 8:44 AM How is our resident Ironman feeling? As I've already told you, amazing race Justin you crushed your goal and that course. Not that I'm rushing ya but when we getting the nitty gritty details? I know Todd's going to be busting out the whip if you don't hurry it up or he might bring it out just for fun ya never know with those BT lovers...

What up peeps?  Sorry, but this is the first I have been back on the internet (other than the crackberry).  I feel surprisingly good, the ice bath after and ZOOT recovery tights I feel no more  sore than I did after my marathon in Jan.

I will get to work on the RR, but I HAVE To get my sons car fixed today (fuel pump has gone out)... as soon as I get that taken care of I'll get back on the computer and get to work. 

It was an AWESOME experience, and an almost perfect day!  The swim was not as tough as I anticipated, the bike went suprisingly well, and the run was much harder than I thought it would be!  Who ever says Florida is FLAT is smokin' crack!!!!   Galveston is flat ~ IMFL is not!  It may be flatter than other IN courses, but it ain't flat... oh yeah, and it was frickin' windy!!!  I will get to the details very soon!   

The sincerest of thanks to all of you for you support, encouragement and friendship over the course of this journey!  It truly helped!!!   Thank You!     Definitely looking forward to some down time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2009-11-10 9:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Oh and another shout out goes to Justin!  Happy Marine Corp Birthday!
2009-11-10 4:52 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Ok Justin I will give you an extra day but tomorrow I will be back here with whip in hand.
2009-11-10 5:01 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I am so excited about hear this report. I just know that it was super tough and around mile 17-18 you were feeling tired and your mind was wondering and you were not sure how the rest of the run would unfold. Then you thought "What would Todd be signing in his head?" and BAM!!! It hit you. BT Baby.

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a Superman to sweep me off my feet

Then you were like "hells yeah I am going to be an Ironman and nothing is going to stop me." And you raced on to the finsih.   Well maybe sorta like that.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137