Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-11-16 12:37 PM
in reply to: #2515884

User image

Master
New York, NY
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Haha...of course.  We've actually known each other for quite a while through our running group (he's also a triathlete/runner), and started to get to know each other a bit earlier in the year but more so the past couple months, and then we started dating.  It happened sort of unexpectedly, but totally in a good way!  He's a really really great guy & super sweet.  Also super tall and cute

Betsy0706 - 2009-11-16 11:37 AM Nicole and I need details!

KelliD - 2009-11-16 10:18 AM Aside from Betsy, who put in a nice little run yesterday looks like we've been slackers all around.  I had a really great weekend!  Had a girls' weekend with some of my closest friends from home who I haven't seen in way too long, and came back to NYC for a nice night with my new guy

2009-11-16 1:32 PM
in reply to: #2516110

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
That's great news Kelli!  You knew you couldn't get away with saying so little. 

KelliD - 2009-11-16 12:37 PM Haha...of course.  We've actually known each other for quite a while through our running group (he's also a triathlete/runner), and started to get to know each other a bit earlier in the year but more so the past couple months, and then we started dating.  It happened sort of unexpectedly, but totally in a good way!  He's a really really great guy & super sweet.  Also super tall and cute

KelliD - 2009-11-16 10:18 AM Aside from Betsy, who put in a nice little run yesterday looks like we've been slackers all around.  I had a really great weekend!  Had a girls' weekend with some of my closest friends from home who I haven't seen in way too long, and came back to NYC for a nice night with my new guy
2009-11-16 1:40 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!

EvD, Todd & myself would have let ya slide..... cuz were coool like that!

I am happy for ya ~ sounds like a recipe for long lasting fun!

2009-11-16 1:42 PM
in reply to: #2516242

User image

Master
New York, NY
I figured as much, but you never know.

Betsy0706 - 2009-11-16 2:32 PM That's great news Kelli!  You knew you couldn't get away with saying so little. 

KelliD - 2009-11-16 12:37 PM Haha...of course.  We've actually known each other for quite a while through our running group (he's also a triathlete/runner), and started to get to know each other a bit earlier in the year but more so the past couple months, and then we started dating.  It happened sort of unexpectedly, but totally in a good way!  He's a really really great guy & super sweet.  Also super tall and cute

2009-11-16 2:12 PM
in reply to: #2516254

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I concur with this statement. Justin and I are not ones to pry in those areas. We are cool like that.
Trin2bfast - 2009-11-16 1:40 PM

EvD, Todd & myself would have let ya slide..... cuz were coool like that!

I am happy for ya ~ sounds like a recipe for long lasting fun!

2009-11-16 2:28 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Almost forgot. So Saturday I am heading to my poker game and on a very busy three lane road I see two bikers ridingin the middle of the left lane. They are single file with a woman in ba k and a guy in front. I notice the guy is weaving. When I get close I see he is on his cell phone. As I get next to him I glance over to shake my head just as he drops his iPhone. It went into pieces. I laughed. I was amazed to see a guy biking on such a busy road and on a cell phone. Maybe I should feel a little bad for the guy but I just don't.

2009-11-16 2:36 PM
in reply to: #2516335

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-11-16 2:28 PM Almost forgot. So Saturday I am heading to my poker game and on a very busy three lane road I see two bikers ridingin the middle of the left lane. They are single file with a woman in ba k and a guy in front. I notice the guy is weaving. When I get close I see he is on his cell phone. As I get next to him I glance over to shake my head just as he drops his iPhone. It went into pieces. I laughed. I was amazed to see a guy biking on such a busy road and on a cell phone. Maybe I should feel a little bad for the guy but I just don't.

LMAO!  Not to bring about bad karma....but that is just not smart & I guess he kinda deserved the broken phone.  Stop on the shoulder, talk, secure the phone and then get going again.... is it reallt that important to take that call!  It's more dangerous to talk & ride then to talk & drive.
2009-11-16 2:39 PM
in reply to: #2516335

User image

Master
New York, NY
That is just pure stupidity!!  I don't care what kind of road it is, riding & talking on the phone at the same time is totally unnecessary.  Is a call really that important that it can't wait?  And if it is truly important, pull the hell over!  IMHO, dude deserved the dropped phone.

Newtons1st - 2009-11-16 3:28 PM Almost forgot. So Saturday I am heading to my poker game and on a very busy three lane road I see two bikers ridingin the middle of the left lane. They are single file with a woman in ba k and a guy in front. I notice the guy is weaving. When I get close I see he is on his cell phone. As I get next to him I glance over to shake my head just as he drops his iPhone. It went into pieces. I laughed. I was amazed to see a guy biking on such a busy road and on a cell phone. Maybe I should feel a little bad for the guy but I just don't.
2009-11-18 9:51 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Umm did we just have a non post day during the week? Ok that is it. I am putting my foot down. The training will commence and the banter will proceed as normal. Plus people, it's hump day. How can we not be excited. I am at my desk shaking my rump doing the hump. Yes people are looking at me but you guys should know by now that is just the norm around here. After last night bike and the swim I had this am I am feeling good. Felt good and strong in the water. All the stroke work for the past 3 weeks I have lost some endurance but was feeling good.
2009-11-18 10:20 AM
in reply to: #2519760

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-11-18 9:51 AM Umm did we just have a non post day during the week? Ok that is it. I am putting my foot down. The training will commence and the banter will proceed as normal. Plus people, it's hump day. How can we not be excited. I am at my desk shaking my rump doing the hump. Yes people are looking at me but you guys should know by now that is just the norm around here. After last night bike and the swim I had this am I am feeling good. Felt good and strong in the water. All the stroke work for the past 3 weeks I have lost some endurance but was feeling good.

Half way to the weekend....   The first weekend where I have NOTHING planned/scheduled!  I can just kinda go with the flow.

To those thinking about doing Longhorn... I am out.    Try Andy's Tri is that same day, and Jen wants really badly to do that race again and see if she do much better (actually train this time).  So that combined with the cost, I decided to cut that race from the plan.  Instead, I am gonna race at Ironstar 70.3.  I was thinking of doing this race with a friend (not really 'race' it)... but this was my first 70.3, and now I am pretty stoked at the idea of heading back there and see what improvements I can show.

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-11-18 10:25 AM
2009-11-18 10:39 AM
in reply to: #2519830

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX

That just made me giggle. 

Yeah for nothing planned.  Those weekends are soo nice.  Eric and I were supposed to head to Austin this weekend but after being in SA last week and flying to Florida for TG the next, we are staying here. 

That's great news Jen wants to do it again to improve her time.  Stinks that it happens to be the same weekend as Longhorn though.  Extra points to you for being a good husband!  I'm sure Jen appreciates it!

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-18 10:20 AM
Newtons1st - 2009-11-18 9:51 AM Umm did we just have a non post day during the week? Ok that is it. I am putting my foot down. The training will commence and the banter will proceed as normal. Plus people, it's hump day. How can we not be excited. I am at my desk shaking my rump doing the hump. Yes people are looking at me but you guys should know by now that is just the norm around here. After last night bike and the swim I had this am I am feeling good. Felt good and strong in the water. All the stroke work for the past 3 weeks I have lost some endurance but was feeling good.

Half way to the weekend....   The first weekend where I have NOTHING planned/scheduled!  I can just kinda go with the flow.

To those thinking about doing Longhorn... I am out.    Try Andy's Tri is that same day, and Jen wants really badly to do that race again and see if she do much better (actually train this time).  So that combined with the cost, I decided to cut that race from the plan.  Instead, I am gonna race at Ironstar 70.3.  I was thinking of doing this race with a friend (not really 'race' it)... but this was my first 70.3, and now I am pretty stoked at the idea of heading back there and see what improvements I can show.

2009-11-18 1:53 PM

User image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

Funny... sorry if you have seen it before.  We have so many of the courier types downtown, and that is funnier than the main dude.
2009-11-19 7:28 AM
in reply to: #2519760

User image

Master
Houston
I have to say I've been slacking, not leading by example that's for sure! Work has been kicking my butt these past couple weeks thankfully the holidays and vacation time are in sight

Don't worry about a lost in endurance during the off season. This is the time volume and endurance is ok to drop, focus should be on efficiency and speed work.

2009-11-19 11:33 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So far the day keeps getting better. I now have two possible races where those fast Houstonites might be coming up to my hood for a race. That will definatley put some pep in my workouts.
2009-11-19 12:15 PM
in reply to: #2521911

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-11-19 11:33 AM So far the day keeps getting better. I now have two possible races where those fast Houstonites might be coming up to my hood for a race. That will definatley put some pep in my workouts.

LMAO!  When I first read it... I read FAT Houstonites...  Slam-ola!  Then I re-read it!  I am looking into the logistics of doing the Tx Motor Spwy Du!  That could be fun!  That way EvD & KD won't have the corner on the market of BT race crews! lol!

I am thinking Todd needs to drive south in the Spring and race Lonestar with all the other cool people! haha!

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-11-19 3:47 PM
2009-11-19 12:59 PM

User image

The Husband Store 

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates: 

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors & the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building! 

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: 

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs 

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads: 

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids. 

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.' 

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads: 

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.... 

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. 

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads: 

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework. 

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!' 

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads: 

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak. 

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads: 

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.  
(scroll and keep reading!

PLEASE NOTE: 
To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.  

The second floor has wives that love sex & have money & like beer. 

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited. 

2009-11-19 3:13 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
JUSTIN!

That was fantastic.
2009-11-19 3:23 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
LMAO!  Good one! 
2009-11-20 9:54 AM

User image

Happy Frickin' Friday MG!  What is on tap on for this Pre-Thanksgiving Day weekend?  Was suppose to hit the hockey game with my youngest this evening, but instead we are doing a burger night (5 guys hamburgers - almost In & Out quality) and then a movie...

No 'New Moon'.... just sayin'.   Probably The Blind Side.

Wife has a gaggle of girls coming over for a chatty cathy, drink & eat time.  So us boys had to hit the eject button on that one!  And NO real plans for Saturday or Sunday... some maybe things, but no definite plans!  Woooo Hoooooo!
2009-11-20 10:55 AM
in reply to: #2523580

User image

Master
New York, NY
On that spectrum of burgers, NOTHING is as good as In & Out!!  Nothing in my book is even a close second!  I'm not really a fast food person, but give a a double-double animal style and I'll chow down any day   Ahhh....what I wouldn't give for one of those right now....

I *really* want to see the Blind Side!  I'm such a sucker for movies like that.  But alas, I'm going to see New Moon tomorrow with some girlfriends, and then dinner/drinks.  Sunday I'm doing a 5k, which should be interesting to say the least.  Who knows, maybe my hiatus will put some speed in my legs.  Best part of this race is that it doesn't start until 11.30am, so I still get to sleep in

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-20 10:54 AM Happy Frickin' Friday MG!  What is on tap on for this Pre-Thanksgiving Day weekend?  Was suppose to hit the hockey game with my youngest this evening, but instead we are doing a burger night (5 guys hamburgers - almost In & Out quality) and then a movie...

Wife has a gaggle of girls coming over for a chatty cathy, drink & eat time.  So us boys had to hit the eject button on that one!  And NO real plans for Saturday or Sunday... some maybe things, but no definite plans!  Woooo Hoooooo!
2009-11-20 11:02 AM
in reply to: #2523580

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
I think Eric and I might hit up a happy hour after work today.  Then Saturday watch some college football and possibly boat on Sunday.  Get a run in on Saturday morning too.

Let me know how the Blind Side is Justin.  I am a sucker for true story football movies.  Have a fun night out with the boys!

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-20 9:54 AM Happy Frickin' Friday MG!  What is on tap on for this Pre-Thanksgiving Day weekend?  Was suppose to hit the hockey game with my youngest this evening, but instead we are doing a burger night (5 guys hamburgers - almost In & Out quality) and then a movie...

2009-11-20 11:11 AM
in reply to: #2523726

User image

Ohhh baby!  that's better than dirty pillow talk!  I knew there was a reason I liked you KD! When I say almost... it is a distant almost, but compared to ANY other burger in Houston... it seems to be the only one that will due.  Methinks I need to plan some trip out west... Vegas even, just so I can partake in some In & Out action!    I didn't mean it like that ladies! get your minds out of the gutter!  Gawd!

KelliD - 2009-11-20 10:55 AM On that spectrum of burgers, NOTHING is as good as In & Out!!  Nothing in my book is even a close second!  I'm not really a fast food person, but give a a double-double animal style and I'll chow down any day   Ahhh....what I wouldn't give for one of those right now....

I *really* want to see the Blind Side!  I'm such a sucker for movies like that.  But alas, I'm going to see New Moon tomorrow with some girlfriends, and then dinner/drinks.  Sunday I'm doing a 5k, which should be interesting to say the least.  Who knows, maybe my hiatus will put some speed in my legs.  Best part of this race is that it doesn't start until 11.30am, so I still get to sleep in

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-20 10:54 AM Happy Frickin' Friday MG!  What is on tap on for this Pre-Thanksgiving Day weekend?  Was suppose to hit the hockey game with my youngest this evening, but instead we are doing a burger night (5 guys hamburgers - almost In & Out quality) and then a movie...

2009-11-20 11:13 AM
in reply to: #2523737

User image

Y'all gonna try and hit up the HRTC HH at Cahill's? or another watering hole in mind?

Betsy0706 - 2009-11-20 11:02 AM I think Eric and I might hit up a happy hour after work today.  Then Saturday watch some college football and possibly boat on Sunday.  Get a run in on Saturday morning too.

Let me know how the Blind Side is Justin.  I am a sucker for true story football movies.  Have a fun night out with the boys!

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-20 9:54 AM Happy Frickin' Friday MG!  What is on tap on for this Pre-Thanksgiving Day weekend?  Was suppose to hit the hockey game with my youngest this evening, but instead we are doing a burger night (5 guys hamburgers - almost In & Out quality) and then a movie...

2009-11-20 11:45 AM
in reply to: #2523760

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Yeah, that's the one Justin. 

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-20 11:13 AM Y'all gonna try and hit up the HRTC HH at Cahill's? or another watering hole in mind?

Betsy0706 - 2009-11-20 11:02 AM I think Eric and I might hit up a happy hour after work today.  Then Saturday watch some college football and possibly boat on Sunday.  Get a run in on Saturday morning too.

2009-11-20 12:01 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Frrriiiddayyy!

I would like to go on record as saying it's astonishing to me how many of my burly male friends stayed up late last night to see New Moon at 12:01.

I will probably wait a week so that I don't have to deal with a crammed theater full of pubescent girls.

No big plans for the weekend.  The in laws are coming in and staying for the week for thanksgiving, so we'll probably spend a bunch of time with them.

Hi everyone!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137