Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-11-28 12:10 PM
in reply to: #2532327

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
So sorry to hear Kelli.  I hope you are getting better each day and in your near future is some solid food!  Praying for ya.

Trin2bfast - 2009-11-26 10:13 AM
KelliD - 2009-11-26 1:35 AM Happy thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone has a really great day and enjoys the greatest holiday of the year! Unfortunately I won't be chowing down on turkey, stuffing and ours this year...I had to have my appendix taken out earlier this evening. Surgery went fine, and aside from being a little sore I'm ok. I'm pretty much on a liquid diet until Saturday...awesome that I have an excuse to drink loads of milkshakes but sucks bc I'm starving. Also needless to say there's going to be no swimming, biking, running, yoga, pilates for about 3 weeks! This pretty much kills any planned races for the remainder of the year and a February half marathon, but I know I any worry about it. Anyway, I'm ok and should be able to go home tomorrow.

Wow, Kelli!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!  You didn't need that stinkin' appendix anyway ~ I am sure it was just slowin' ya down!    Enjoy the shakes as best ya can!  Just take it easy and you'll be back in the saddle in no time!

2009-11-30 7:44 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Wow Kelli sorry to hear about the delayed Thanksgiving!  But glad you're okay.  I had to have mine taken out a few years ago and evidently it's an easy surgery if you catch it early.  If not, things get complicated.  Glad you're recovering well!

Happy Monday everyone.  Great holiday here, minus the Noles getting killed on Saturday... but I'm actually a bit glad to be back to work and into a more normal schedule... and ya know... to have my in laws back in another state where they belong.

2009-11-30 2:06 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Kelli how was the 3 day old Turkey, its always good as left overs. Glad you are ok.

Had a great break here with the boys. I had to watch New Moon. Oh dear lord. We did get a great hockey game in on Wednesday. They boys are now fans. They thought it was cool they let them fight, of course. I got to battle the black friday people. Not too much because I went to Home Depot and I wasnt there for the super big sale items. Unlike 2 years ago when I had to argue with a lady that it is mine because its in MY cart, when she was going to take something out of my cart.  

So is everyone fully back to the nornal grind yet?
2009-12-01 10:20 AM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Happy post Thanksgiving week all.  Back to work... busy after the 4 day break.  But I am managing.  Just registered for the Lonestar 70.3  ~ totally pysched about that!

Trying to get back into some type of workout routine... not too bad!  Goal through December is spending some serious time with weights and really watching the food intake... trying to eat cleaner and get ready for Jan... as I will begin a more focused effort at Tri specific training then.

Kelli ~ I hope road to recovery is going smoothly!

It is very quiet around here lately... we need EvD to spice things up a bit ~ do a little dance, make a funny... something!  LOL!
2009-12-02 8:41 AM
in reply to: #2537559

User image

Master
Houston
I hope everyone had a great holiday! So sorry to hear about your turkey day Kelli, hopefully you have a speedy recovery!

We got back home last night, of course the trip flew by like always. Had some interesting developments though during the vacation. I'm not going to do a dance for ya Justin but I will spice somethings up... There is a certain someone in our group that has never done a 70.3 and will be signed up to race at Buffalo Springs 70.3

I got most of my training schedule put together for the entire season but still need to finalize the racing schedule. It's always hard since many of the races don't have 2010 dates out yet for the local sprints at least...

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-01 10:20 AM Happy post Thanksgiving week all.  Back to work... busy after the 4 day break.  But I am managing.  Just registered for the Lonestar 70.3  ~ totally pysched about that!

Trying to get back into some type of workout routine... not too bad!  Goal through December is spending some serious time with weights and really watching the food intake... trying to eat cleaner and get ready for Jan... as I will begin a more focused effort at Tri specific training then.

It is very quiet around here lately... we need EvD to spice things up a bit ~ do a little dance, make a funny... something!  LOL!
2009-12-02 10:08 AM
in reply to: #2539174

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Just sitting here is Dallas enjoying the SNOW. Who hoo. Yeah it wont stick and traffic will be horrendous but I like the winter time and snow.

HEY HEY HEY is this who I am thinking it is. Lets runs down the list.
Kelli - Has done 70.3
Justin - Has done 70.3
Eric - Has done 70.3
Nichole - Possible but dont think she would be making the long trip
Todd - I am pretty darn sure I havent said I would do a 70.3
So who is left???????? HMMMM???????? a Certain someone who said NEVER, a certain someone who I said I would wear down and break thier back and knew they would do. Oh come on now hurry up and proclaim my rightousness and how I was right.

BvD - BTW that thing I said on the river about "if you do one I would do one" umm I was too drunk to rememeber saying that.

evondo - 2009-12-02 8:41 AM I hope everyone had a great holiday! So sorry to hear about your turkey day Kelli, hopefully you have a speedy recovery!

We got back home last night, of course the trip flew by like always. Had some interesting developments though during the vacation. I'm not going to do a dance for ya Justin but I will spice somethings up... There is a certain someone in our group that has never done a 70.3 and will be signed up to race at Buffalo Springs 70.3

I got most of my training schedule put together for the entire season but still need to finalize the racing schedule. It's always hard since many of the races don't have 2010 dates out yet for the local sprints at least...

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-01 10:20 AM Happy post Thanksgiving week all.  Back to work... busy after the 4 day break.  But I am managing.  Just registered for the Lonestar 70.3  ~ totally pysched about that!

2009-12-02 10:18 AM
in reply to: #2539174

User image

evondo - 2009-12-02 8:41 AM I hope everyone had a great holiday! So sorry to hear about your turkey day Kelli, hopefully you have a speedy recovery!

Woooo Hoooo BSLT is a GREAT one to do as your first [ who ever you are ]  That is really cool ~ and it ain't no easy-peasy one like Lonestar!  Geaux BIG or Geaux HOME!  Way to bring it mystery 70.3'er!   Okay Todd, quit sandbagging on us and sign the hell up for BSLT too!  You can doooo it!  Only $195 before 12/31.... just sayin'!    

BTW, EvD - is this schedule gonna be available on your calendar?  As I am reading TTB, I would like to use your schedule along with what I am trying to formulate from Friel into a solid plan... Lonestar & BSLT are A races and I really am focusing on them for huge fitness & performance goals.

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-12-02 10:22 AM
2009-12-03 8:14 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
AHHHEEEMMMMM!!!!! I am waiting on or mystery 70.3'er to come out in the open and reveal themselves.
2009-12-03 8:25 AM
in reply to: #2540980

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-12-03 8:14 AM AHHHEEEMMMMM!!!!! I am waiting on or mystery 70.3'er to come out in the open and reveal themselves.

Yeah, didn't you see the sign outside the secret meeting place of this here mentor group...

No closet 70.3'ers allowed!
Come out, come out, where ever you are...

2009-12-03 8:51 AM
in reply to: #2539456

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Right now I am looking at a this

05/16/10 TexasMan Oly 1500m / 40k / 10k

05/22/10 Rocking R  400m / 12 mi / 5k  - Not Definate but trying to

06/06/10 PlayTri Sprint     500m / 12mi / 5k

06/27/10 BSLT - 70.3

Not sure if I could handle all of that.

Trin2bfast 

Okay Todd, quit sandbagging on us and sign the hell up for BSLT too!  You can doooo it!  Only $195 before 12/31.... just sayin'!    

2009-12-03 8:54 AM

User image

BSLT 70.3 is gonna be the best race of the season!  I am even more excited now then before...  The BSLT train is loadin' up... All Aboard!   *woot woot*!!!

2009-12-03 8:57 AM
in reply to: #2541049

User image

Master
Houston
I might be there as well, depends on a few things and if I can get a relay team together.  I think we have a runner and I'd like to bike, need to find a dang swimmer!

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-03 8:54 AM BSLT 70.3 is gonna be the best race of the season!  I am even more excited now then before...  The BSLT train is loadin' up... All Aboard!   *woot woot*!!!
2009-12-03 9:22 AM
in reply to: #2541058

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
You are going to relay the BSLT. umm how fast of a swimmer are you looking for? As in I would be interested in that but will have no hard feelings what so ever if you are looking for a fast guy.

evondo - 2009-12-03 8:57 AM I might be there as well, depends on a few things and if I can get a relay team together.  I think we have a runner and I'd like to bike, need to find a dang swimmer!

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-03 8:54 AM BSLT 70.3 is gonna be the best race of the season!  I am even more excited now then before...  The BSLT train is loadin' up... All Aboard!   *woot woot*!!!
2009-12-03 9:32 AM
in reply to: #2541117

User image

Master
Houston
So you trying to get out of doing the full 70.3 and into a relay? I see how it is!

Not looking for any particular speed, would love to have you. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag since the certain someone hasn't been online all day... Betsy is doing a relay with my step-father (who we just got a nice tri bike over the break) and my brother as the swimmer at BSLT. 

There were some comments by my mother about not wanting me to race so I need to clear that up and make sure I'm not hurting any feelings. I honestly want to do it as a fun training ride, I will give it my all of course but I don't care about time or where our relay finishes... just want to have fun with everyone and have a purpose to train for the 1st halfish of the season.

Newtons1st - 2009-12-03 9:22 AM You are going to relay the BSLT. umm how fast of a swimmer are you looking for? As in I would be interested in that but will have no hard feelings what so ever if you are looking for a fast guy.

evondo - 2009-12-03 8:57 AM I might be there as well, depends on a few things and if I can get a relay team together.  I think we have a runner and I'd like to bike, need to find a dang swimmer!

2009-12-03 11:57 AM
in reply to: #2541135

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Sorry guys.  I've been a busy little bee this morning at work.  Go away a few days and all hell breaks loose. 

I was hoping Eric wouldn't spill the beans so quickly.    Yes, I am doing a relay 70.3.  I think Eric's step father was inspired at Longhorn.   So it's a fun family event.

Went to the doctor yesterday and got some drugs so I'm finally feeling better.  YEAH!

evondo - 2009-12-03 9:32 AM So you trying to get out of doing the full 70.3 and into a relay? I see how it is!

Not looking for any particular speed, would love to have you. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag since the certain someone hasn't been online all day... Betsy is doing a relay with my step-father (who we just got a nice tri bike over the break) and my brother as the swimmer at BSLT. 

There were some comments by my mother about not wanting me to race so I need to clear that up and make sure I'm not hurting any feelings. I honestly want to do it as a fun training ride, I will give it my all of course but I don't care about time or where our relay finishes... just want to have fun with everyone and have a purpose to train for the 1st halfish of the season.

Newtons1st - 2009-12-03 9:22 AM You are going to relay the BSLT. umm how fast of a swimmer are you looking for? As in I would be interested in that but will have no hard feelings what so ever if you are looking for a fast guy.

2009-12-04 8:56 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
OK sounds the trumpets and throw the confetti. I have put my foot down and told Kristy (aka Mrs. Newtons) that I will be doing the swim leg at BSLT. and by "told" I mean asked real nice and said everyone else is doing it and begged. So I am IN for the all the fun. Plus if Justin is going and BvD is going to do part of a 70.3 how could I miss it.

Of course I get this from the wife "Why are you doing the swim and not Eric"

BTW how is the snow in Houston?

2009-12-04 9:15 AM
in reply to: #2542732

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-12-04 8:56 AM OK sounds the trumpets and throw the confetti. I have put my foot down and told Kristy (aka Mrs. Newtons) that I will be doing the swim leg at BSLT. and by "told" I mean asked real nice and said everyone else is doing it and begged. So I am IN for the all the fun. Plus if Justin is going and BvD is going to do part of a 70.3 how could I miss it.

Sounds like Lubbock will be the place to be!!!  Hey KD, when your done milkin' the surgery card,   you need to check your calendar and see if a lil' more challenging 70.3 is in your future and join the gang in the bustling metropolis that is Lubbock, Texas!

And if 'The Initimidator' happens to stop by this thread, maybe she can find it in her heart to travel westward and join in on the fun! 

And for the snow... it is a cold, wet, yucky, nasty, sloppy mess! Suck-topia outside!

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-12-04 9:16 AM
2009-12-04 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2542732

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
YEAH!  Now we just have to see if Eric can convince his mom that it's okay to participate and not just be a cheerleader.  

I like the snow but I would like it even better if I was at home by a nice fire.  Also - I am not looking forward to my long run tomorrow morning.  That's freakin' cold stuff to run in!

Newtons1st - 2009-12-04 8:56 AM OK sounds the trumpets and throw the confetti. I have put my foot down and told Kristy (aka Mrs. Newtons) that I will be doing the swim leg at BSLT. and by "told" I mean asked real nice and said everyone else is doing it and begged. So I am IN for the all the fun. Plus if Justin is going and BvD is going to do part of a 70.3 how could I miss it.

2009-12-04 10:02 AM
in reply to: #2542869

User image

Betsy0706 - 2009-12-04 9:53 AM YEAH!  Now we just have to see if Eric can convince his mom that it's okay to participate and not just be a cheerleader.  

I like the snow but I would like it even better if I was at home by a nice fire.  Also - I am not looking forward to my long run tomorrow morning.  That's freakin' cold stuff to run in!

I ran the 30K one year in Sugarland and it was 28 degrees... there was frost on our shirts and hats running in that crap... I like 40-50 degree running weather but tomorrow is gonna be brutal!  Hopefully it will be dry and low humidity!  Good luck with that!
2009-12-06 1:57 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
#1 vs #2

Eric - Oh no...

Lets just say I was a cringing at the Texas game as well.  
2009-12-07 9:19 AM
in reply to: #2545177

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-12-06 1:57 PM #1 vs #2

Eric - Oh no...

Yeah, it was a crappy day weekend for football.... unless of course you are a Saints fan.  Then you need therapy and a recovery day after that heart attack game!  (the longhorns too, simply shows it's better to be lucky than good... Bama gonna roll 'dem horns methinks!)

I finally got in to see the Blind Side Saturday night.  The whole family totally enjoyed it!  It is a great story and the movie was very good!  Highly recommended!!!

2009-12-07 10:29 AM
in reply to: #2545919

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Guess I'll be cheering for Bama in the NC.  I really think they will win - Ingram will be too much for them. 

I read the book and I can't wait to see the movie.  I heard by several people it was really good.

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-07 9:19 AM
Newtons1st - 2009-12-06 1:57 PM #1 vs #2

Eric - Oh no...

Yeah, it was a crappy day weekend for football.... unless of course you are a Saints fan.  Then you need therapy and a recovery day after that heart attack game!  (the longhorns too, simply shows it's better to be lucky than good... Bama gonna roll 'dem horns methinks!)

I finally got in to see the Blind Side Saturday night.  The whole family totally enjoyed it!  It is a great story and the movie was very good!  Highly recommended!!!
2009-12-07 10:52 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Guess who's baaack!!!  My BT hiatus is finally over....I really had no motivation to get in front of a computer when I was home last week.  I'm feeling so much better now.  Technically not supposed to be doing anything active just quite yet, but I'm getting really restless so we'll see what happens.  To test myself (bc I'm a total dork) I ran up & down my stairs, and felt great, so *maybe* there will be some pool and/or trainer time this week.
2009-12-07 12:40 PM

User image

Welcome back KD!!!

I am normally a "Any team from Texas fan".... but this year 'Roll Tide Roll'!!!   Bama looked very tough against the Gators, and Texas has not looked sharp their last two games.  I think Bama is gonna make the Horns their beeeoooocth!   Just sayin'.

2009-12-07 2:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Yeah...Kelli's back!  It's tough being the only girl around these stinky boys!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137