Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-12-07 2:40 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
I had a little secret hope for TCU. I dig the underdog.

Oh come on now BvD I took a shower just last week and Justin told me he even changed his socks after his 2nd long run.

I sooo slacked this weekend. Plus the last weeks diet hasnt been where I needed to be. getting back on the wagon today.

Eric how soon will we know if we are a go for BSLT Relay?

2009-12-08 7:56 AM
in reply to: #2546717

User image

Master
Houston
Ya that game stunk but I kinda saw it coming. We never really played well this entire year not sure why everyone expected us to play well then.  Mostly felt sad for Tebow, he's been great for our team and hopefully Brantley picked up on a few of his leadership skills

I hope to talk with my family about it this week. Goal is to have a guarantee before the prices go up on 12/31. I'll let you know as soon as I do... Get back on that wagon, you've got at 1.2mi swim to kill!

Newtons1st - 2009-12-07 2:40 PM I had a little secret hope for TCU. I dig the underdog.

Oh come on now BvD I took a shower just last week and Justin told me he even changed his socks after his 2nd long run.

I sooo slacked this weekend. Plus the last weeks diet hasnt been where I needed to be. getting back on the wagon today.

2009-12-08 10:26 AM
in reply to: #2547561

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I like the plan of cheaper prices.

Kill it I am going to murder it. I plan on eating lots of beans and brocoli the night before. I wil be bringing a little extra air powered propulsion to the swim. I will feel bad for everyone behind me.

evondo - 2009-12-08 7:56 AM Ya that game stunk but I kinda saw it coming. We never really played well this entire year not sure why everyone expected us to play well then.  Mostly felt sad for Tebow, he's been great for our team and hopefully Brantley picked up on a few of his leadership skills

I hope to talk with my family about it this week. Goal is to have a guarantee before the prices go up on 12/31. I'll let you know as soon as I do... Get back on that wagon, you've got at 1.2mi swim to kill!

Newtons1st - 2009-12-07 2:40 PM I had a little secret hope for TCU. I dig the underdog.

2009-12-09 11:08 AM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Happy 'hump-day'!  Garmin International rocks!  I sent in my 305 last week for repair/replacement ($85 out of warranty cost - but better than $160+ for a new one). They received it Friday of last week and I got the new one in the mail yesterday.  It looks brand new, although I know it is refurbished.  Anyways, I was a little concerned I would be without it for a while (even though I haven't been doing activity that requires it).  I am glad to have it back and this just reinforces my love for my 305! Way to Garmin, way to go!
2009-12-09 11:12 AM

User image

Oh yeah, movie reviwes as of late...

Crank 2 - High Voltage   (more ridiculous than the first - action packed, funny, stupid and lots-o-sexual stuff)  definitely not in the presence of chill-ren.

Star Trek (the newest one) Great movie, entertaining... liked it, and I am not a trek fan typically.

That's all for now kids... watched them last night at my second job... that's right I get paid to sit at a desk and watch movies... They don't pay me for WHAT I do, but what I MIGHT have to do. lol!

2009-12-09 2:14 PM
in reply to: #2550423

User image

Master
New York, NY
Woot woot HUMP DAY is here!

Sweet deal about Garmin!!!

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-09 12:08 PM Happy 'hump-day'!  Garmin International rocks!  I sent in my 305 last week for repair/replacement ($85 out of warranty cost - but better than $160+ for a new one). They received it Friday of last week and I got the new one in the mail yesterday.  It looks brand new, although I know it is refurbished.  Anyways, I was a little concerned I would be without it for a while (even though I haven't been doing activity that requires it).  I am glad to have it back and this just reinforces my love for my 305! Way to Garmin, way to go!

2009-12-10 7:54 AM
in reply to: #2550955

User image

Master
Houston
Happy day after hump day

Garmin has by far the best customer service I've seen... They recently replaced my 305 as well, I got lucky and even though it was out of warranty they replaced it.

I've been asked by a few people if I'm doing another mentor group this month. My concern is with the wedding much of my March/April will be pretty busy.  What do you guys think? Anyone in here going to try and join another group as well? I saw some groups with multiple mentors anyone up for that?

KelliD - 2009-12-09 2:14 PM Woot woot HUMP DAY is here!

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-09 12:08 PM Happy 'hump-day'!  Garmin International rocks!  I sent in my 305 last week for repair/replacement ($85 out of warranty cost - but better than $160+ for a new one). They received it Friday of last week and I got the new one in the mail yesterday.  It looks brand new, although I know it is refurbished.  Anyways, I was a little concerned I would be without it for a while (even though I haven't been doing activity that requires it).  I am glad to have it back and this just reinforces my love for my 305! Way to Garmin, way to go!
2009-12-10 8:43 AM
in reply to: #2551956

User image

Master
New York, NY
I've contemplating joining a group, but still on the fence.  This group has been super helpful and full of neverending good times!  I sort of fell off the wagon with the last group I joined.  I think it would be fun to be a mentor, but not quite sure I'm qualified.

evondo - 2009-12-10 8:54 AM Happy day after hump day

Garmin has by far the best customer service I've seen... They recently replaced my 305 as well, I got lucky and even though it was out of warranty they replaced it.

I've been asked by a few people if I'm doing another mentor group this month. My concern is with the wedding much of my March/April will be pretty busy.  What do you guys think? Anyone in here going to try and join another group as well? I saw some groups with multiple mentors anyone up for that?

KelliD - 2009-12-09 2:14 PM Woot woot HUMP DAY is here!

2009-12-10 8:55 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
It looks like I'm almost good as new!!!  Got in the pool again last night and felt great.  To test myself I did some 100's at full effort.  I honestly didn't think I'd make it past the first one, but I kept going back for more and tried to keep pushing harder. 

I'm feeling motivation like never before!!!  I finally got focused on finding some races for next year....nothing set in stone yet but I have a general plan for the season.  And hopefully I'll have a new ride to help me crush some goals
2009-12-10 9:44 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So we would be the EvD's Group of Mentors Group?

I am up for that. I may not be the most usefull Tri'er of information but the 2 things I know may help someone.

Kelli glad to hear you are getting better. I know a race that alot of the cool people are doing. Even more cool people if Eric can convince the family he should race. That would make all but one of us there. The Intimidator aka the Hibernator right now.
2009-12-10 10:32 AM
in reply to: #2552244

User image

Master
New York, NY
That is awfully tempting!  And I'd be lying if I said this race didn't cross my  mind at l east a few times   But I think my travel will be limited next year, so unlikely there will be any TX races for me.

Todd....maybe you could use the mentor group to get more BT fans

Newtons1st - 2009-12-10 10:44 AM So we would be the EvD's Group of Mentors Group?

I am up for that. I may not be the most usefull Tri'er of information but the 2 things I know may help someone.

Kelli glad to hear you are getting better. I know a race that alot of the cool people are doing. Even more cool people if Eric can convince the family he should race. That would make all but one of us there. The Intimidator aka the Hibernator right now.

2009-12-10 10:51 AM

User image

Hey Kel... new ride huh? what ya got in mind? I am driving myself crazy right now over new bikes/wheels... constantly looking, but I know I won't pull the trigger anytime in the next year.  Maybe wheels or at least a front wheel.  Now I am also on the power meter thing... looking for a deal there too.  This Tri crap is worse than crack methinks!

I really don't think I am up for the mentor group thing.  This group has really spoiled me.  A multiple mentor type group would definitely be tempting, but I don't think I will join another group seperate of that.

2009-12-10 10:56 AM
in reply to: #2552435

User image

Master
Houston
That will make you faster than any wheel/bike upgrade from your Quintana Roo. Best deal to watch on that is bing.com... every now and then there will be 15-20% off all ebay purchases w/buy it now. That's how I got mine (it was 25%) and topped it off with a 10% off paypal purchase.

I'm with you and this group spoiling me. The last group of mine didn't turn out as good, there is one triathlete that I still keep in contact with but that's it...

Trin2bfast - 2009-12-10 10:51 AM

Hey Kel... new ride huh? what ya got in mind? I am driving myself crazy right now over new bikes/wheels... constantly looking, but I know I won't pull the trigger anytime in the next year.  Maybe wheels or at least a front wheel.  Now I am also on the power meter thing... looking for a deal there too.  This Tri crap is worse than crack methinks!

I really don't think I am up for the mentor group thing.  This group has really spoiled me.  A multiple mentor type group would definitely be tempting, but I don't think I will join another group seperate of that.

2009-12-10 12:37 PM
in reply to: #2552451

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Can you give me a quick education of Power Meters/Taps. What to look for when getting a wheel that is set up and all. As if I was out looking to get something now what should I get. I am pretty sure about getting a power tap and jsut stick a wheel cover on it.

evondo - 2009-12-10 10:56 AM That will make you faster than any wheel/bike upgrade from your Quintana Roo. Best deal to watch on that is bing.com... every now and then there will be 15-20% off all ebay purchases w/buy it now. That's how I got mine (it was 25%) and topped it off with a 10% off paypal purchase.

I'm with you and this group spoiling me. The last group of mine didn't turn out as good, there is one triathlete that I still keep in contact with but that's it...

2009-12-10 12:38 PM
in reply to: #2552381

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Kelli- I dont know if there are anymore people out there that arent fans already since I have converted this group.....

KelliD - 2009-12-10 10:32 AM That is awfully tempting!  And I'd be lying if I said this race didn't cross my  mind at l east a few times   But I think my travel will be limited next year, so unlikely there will be any TX races for me.

Todd....maybe you could use the mentor group to get more BT fans

Newtons1st - 2009-12-10 10:44 AM So we would be the EvD's Group of Mentors Group?

Edited by Newtons1st 2009-12-10 4:52 PM
2009-12-10 12:40 PM
in reply to: #2552435

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
lol I am in your same boat. I even know the bike I want and saw it for sale. I have made the EvD promise to myself though. Must have a race with 23 mph before any new bike related goodies. ie new bike new wheels. Now a Power meter is training material so that is a maybe.

2009-12-10 3:40 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
The Hibernator?  I would be offended if you weren't so right.

Hi everyone!  I miss you all sooooo much!  Never fear, I am in full blown half mary training mode, just doing a job of logging it all on here.  As in, uh never.

It's looking like my move to daytona is probably going to happen in the spring of next year, but it also appears that there is a pretty active tri-community out there, so I'm really excited.  I also told Santa this year that I want him to save his money so that next year I can get the new tri-bike I've always wanted.  I think he might listen.

Making a trek to TX next year isn't completely out of the question... but I will need to wait and see how this whole Daytona thing plays out.  Plus my sister is popping out a kid in April which means I will need to travel to CO at some point... but you never know.  I might just show up with my pom poms for the hell of it.  It would be pretty awesome to do a race with so many of you...

Anyway, happy Thursday. 
2009-12-11 8:54 AM
in reply to: #2552244

User image

Master
Houston
I have been unsuccessful in this effort My stepdad told my mom that he really hopes I don't race so I'm there to help him out even though he told me no problem.  So my conscious got the best of me, I want to help him out as much as possible so I will be at the race but won't be actually racing.

Our planned runner (John aka fattyfatfat) I know still wants to do the relay so you guys just need one more if you still want to do the relay together.

I'll get to your powertap question a little later, in a dang meeting now that I should probably pay attention to

Newtons1st - 2009-12-10 9:44 AM So we would be the EvD's Group of Mentors Group?

2009-12-11 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2553867

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Well I guess we will have to find another superfast bike to make up for the slow first leg.

I still want to do the swim leg. I have a friend I will ask about the bike leg.

evondo - 2009-12-11 8:54 AM I have been unsuccessful in this effort My stepdad told my mom that he really hopes I don't race so I'm there to help him out even though he told me no problem.  So my conscious got the best of me, I want to help him out as much as possible so I will be at the race but won't be actually racing.

Our planned runner (John aka fattyfatfat) I know still wants to do the relay so you guys just need one more if you still want to do the relay together.

I'll get to your powertap question a little later, in a dang meeting now that I should probably pay attention to

Newtons1st - 2009-12-10 9:44 AM So we would be the EvD's Group of Mentors Group?

2009-12-11 12:53 PM
in reply to: #2552733

User image

Master
Houston
My recommendation is get a wheel you can train/race on with the powertap. So I'd do what you said just throw an aero cover on it and you're good to go.  Other option is the SRAM route and have the power on your crank so you can swap wheels to whatever you'd like, downfall is they're more $$$.

For the different powertap models, I have the SL+ because it was the only model available at the time. I have friends with the PRO+ and have no issues but stay away from the ELITE+ model... it doesn't do power averaging on the computer and so the #s jump around a lot which is annoying.

Newtons1st - 2009-12-10 12:37 PM Can you give me a quick education of Power Meters/Taps. What to look for when getting a wheel that is set up and all. As if I was out looking to get something now what should I get. I am pretty sure about getting a power tap and jsut stick a wheel cover on it.

evondo - 2009-12-10 10:56 AM That will make you faster than any wheel/bike upgrade from your Quintana Roo. Best deal to watch on that is bing.com... every now and then there will be 15-20% off all ebay purchases w/buy it now. That's how I got mine (it was 25%) and topped it off with a 10% off paypal purchase.

2009-12-14 12:03 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Happy monday everyone. Today my little girl is 2 years old. We had her party saturday. Can't bieve she is two already. I will be in WI for the rest of the week woo hoo. Highs in the teens and a few feet of snow should be fun. Looks like I won't be getting any running in.

2009-12-14 12:19 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Eric. I do have a biker for the relay if the guy still wants to run it. He is pretty decent biker. What do we need to do.
2009-12-14 12:55 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Happy Monday kids!!!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Happy belated bday to your daughter, Todd! 

Was hoping to get in some swimming or running this weekend, but holiday parties and party recovery sort of took over the weekend.  Planning to get in some workouts this week, but until holiday season is over doubtful there will be any consistency.

After this weekend I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to do Syracuse 70.3 in September. 
2009-12-14 1:16 PM
in reply to: #2558048

User image

Master
Houston
Happy Monday all! 

Todd- Happy belated bday to your daughter as well! I forwarded your biker notice to fattyfatfat...

Woho for Syracuse 70.3! That looks like it'll be a great race, should be nice and cool weather for you too

So I decided to do another mentor group and see how it goes.  What do you all think of joining that one as well as all the new people? I think it'd be fun to have everyone in one spot and hopefully the consistency and accomplishments of our current group could inspire everyone else... Either way I'll always be checking this thread but here's the new one, join away...
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=190447
2009-12-14 1:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Geez... Monday already?!?  The weekends just fly by!

Before you know it Todd - boys will be chasing after her!  Hope she had a great birthday!

Enjoy the time off Kel - Miss Socialite
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137