Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 18

2010-03-25 8:34 PM
in reply to: #2749267

User image

Regular
Salem
Subject: RE: Scottt's Group - Closed
ckallpoints - 2010-03-25 6:24 PM Are we down to 5 or 6 here. I looked at logs and there are a number of nearly empty calendars.

Craig, I think you are right.  Where did everybody go?  It's not even tri season yet....atleast not here.

I have been dropping some of the people off...I figured that they were not gonna come back.  Maybe we need a roll call...lol

2010-03-25 8:41 PM
in reply to: #2749544

User image

Master
TORONTO
srichards428 - 2010-03-25 9:34 PM
ckallpoints - 2010-03-25 6:24 PM Are we down to 5 or 6 here. I looked at logs and there are a number of nearly empty calendars.

Craig, I think you are right.  Where did everybody go?  It's not even tri season yet....atleast not here.

I have been dropping some of the people off...I figured that they were not gonna come back.  Maybe we need a roll call...lol

Ya I was curious too - that's why I was wondering when everyone was planning their first tri - maybe they are waiting til the season begins?  I'm having a brutal week!  Today is Day 3 of inactivity.  Hoping to wake up early tomorrow and get something in.
2010-03-25 9:56 PM
in reply to: #2749556

User image

New user

Southern Oregon
Im still here. Most of my rants go on my workout blog. There seems to be a core group of folks participating but thats probably normal for something like this. My first tri of the season is in 17 days. A sprint tri "Black Butte Triathlon" in northern cal near chico. Swim in a lake reservior (sp?) 15 mi bike in rolling hills then 3.2 mi trail run in oak studded hills. Thats what the flier says anyhow. So far staying healthy which is the main thing. Is anyone else starting to feel the fatigue? Im cutting some workouts out if im feeling too out of it. It seems like getting more rest actually helps my subsequent workouts and is helping my overall endurance. Any thoughts?
2010-03-26 5:56 AM
in reply to: #2749711

User image

Master
TORONTO
JBrunswick - 2010-03-25 10:56 PM So far staying healthy which is the main thing. Is anyone else starting to feel the fatigue? Im cutting some workouts out if im feeling too out of it. It seems like getting more rest actually helps my subsequent workouts and is helping my overall endurance. Any thoughts?

I have no clue - when I look at my logs on average I'm only putting in an hour a day and on a good week - no more than 2hrs.  An hour a day doesn't seem so demanding.  And yet... I'm zonked.  I feel as though I've been tired since Christmas.  Sometimes I'm b*tchy AND tired.  Overtraining?  Sounds ridiculous when you look at the numbers.  B*tchy because of being tired?  That's probably more like it - so much to do and so little time.

Tired as a result of poor nutrition?  I like to think I eat very healthy.  Or is it just plain lack of sleep?  In an ideal world I need 8 hours/night but in order to put in an hour a day - I get up at 5pm so that means I would have to go to bed at 9!!!  That's just never going to happen.... too much to do.  As it is my house is a disaster!

I have to confess lately I've contemplated switching my goals and doing sprints vs. olympic.  I know I'll be disappointed in myself if I do that though.  Like I've quit.  But I do wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew.  I'm just now starting to do more olympic distances in my workouts and I'm tired.  If I had to the tri now I'd be sooooo slow and poky not to mention exhausted afterwards.  It's a lot of effort to get there - a lot of time not spent with my family.  My social life is non-existent.  I've been putting workouts ahead of friends.  Basically it's starting to feel more and more like work.  Maybe I'm just frustrated that spring is taking so long to get here.  I'll stick to it but that's where my thoughts lay.

Curious about how Scott does it - he puts in high volumes and seems to survive on only 7 hours.  Any tips? Comments?
2010-03-26 6:23 AM
in reply to: #2558214

User image

Master
TORONTO
Maybe this is my problem Wink

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

2010-03-26 9:54 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Point
JBrunswick - 2010-03-25 7:56 PM Im still here. Most of my rants go on my workout blog. There seems to be a core group of folks participating but thats probably normal for something like this. My first tri of the season is in 17 days. A sprint tri "Black Butte Triathlon" in northern cal near chico. Swim in a lake reservior (sp?) 15 mi bike in rolling hills then 3.2 mi trail run in oak studded hills. Thats what the flier says anyhow. So far staying healthy which is the main thing. Is anyone else starting to feel the fatigue? Im cutting some workouts out if im feeling too out of it. It seems like getting more rest actually helps my subsequent workouts and is helping my overall endurance. Any thoughts?

On Wednesday this week I was worthless no energy at all. I had a tough cycle class Tuesday night and I didn't sleep well at all. Thursday I felt much better and I slept well Wednesday night. I think sleep is a big factor at least for me. I think I need to set myself a bedtime Embarassed I can get 8 hrs. 10 - 6.

Edited by ckallpoints 2010-03-26 9:57 AM

2010-03-26 10:47 AM
in reply to: #2749267

User image

Expert

ckallpoints - 2010-03-25 4:24 PM Are we down to 5 or 6 here. I looked at logs and there are a number of nearly empty calendars.

Hey guys. I'm still around just deep in the thick of things over here. I'm going through some major life changes and I tried to keep up the training but it's just taken a back seat to life right now. Up until last week I was still planning on toeing the line tomorrow but the reality is I just don't think I should. I'm thinking that the risk of injury is just to great and I don't want that to happen as I do plan on trying to get on board with the plan that starts in two weeks. I have been sporadically working out but just not posting it.

I have limited access to the internet at work which hinders things and with me moved out of the house and trying to make as much time for the kids as I can, posting has been way on the back burner. I'm trying to get in the mind set so that in a few weeks I'll make a full come back. I honestly think it will help my psyche if I can do it.

I hope everyone is doing well and apologize for my abscence.

2010-03-26 11:57 AM
in reply to: #2750704

User image

Veteran
Central Point
elheffe99 - 2010-03-26 8:47 AM

ckallpoints - 2010-03-25 4:24 PM Are we down to 5 or 6 here. I looked at logs and there are a number of nearly empty calendars.

Hey guys. I'm still around just deep in the thick of things over here. I'm going through some major life changes and I tried to keep up the training but it's just taken a back seat to life right now. Up until last week I was still planning on toeing the line tomorrow but the reality is I just don't think I should. I'm thinking that the risk of injury is just to great and I don't want that to happen as I do plan on trying to get on board with the plan that starts in two weeks. I have been sporadically working out but just not posting it.

I have limited access to the internet at work which hinders things and with me moved out of the house and trying to make as much time for the kids as I can, posting has been way on the back burner. I'm trying to get in the mind set so that in a few weeks I'll make a full come back. I honestly think it will help my psyche if I can do it.

I hope everyone is doing well and apologize for my abscence.

No need to apologize. Home life has to take priority. I hope everything is settling down and working out for you. I was wondering if you were going to be able to do the race this weekend. Good luck and I look for you in a few weeks Smile

2010-03-26 6:44 PM

User image

Regular
Salem
JBrunswick - 2010-03-25 9:56 PM Im still here. Most of my rants go on my workout blog. There seems to be a core group of folks participating but thats probably normal for something like this. My first tri of the season is in 17 days. A sprint tri "Black Butte Triathlon" in northern cal near chico. Swim in a lake reservior (sp?) 15 mi bike in rolling hills then 3.2 mi trail run in oak studded hills. Thats what the flier says anyhow. So far staying healthy which is the main thing. Is anyone else starting to feel the fatigue? Im cutting some workouts out if im feeling too out of it. It seems like getting more rest actually helps my subsequent workouts and is helping my overall endurance. Any thoughts?

J, I agree that some work outs need to be skipped when the body is tired.  I have noticed that when I'am extremely tired and if I skip a workout....I'am more energized for the next few days.  I have looked at some other people logs on BT and they dont take a off day.  I dont know how they do it.....but I know  it has to be done sometimes (atleast thats my take on it). 

Also where does everybody find the time to train for a IM?  I'm training for sprints and I can barley get all my workouts in with work and kids.  I know when its time to skip a workout when my wife gives me that "smirk" when I tell her I'am going to train....lol

Good luck with your off road race !
2010-03-26 8:33 PM
in reply to: #2750704

User image

New user

Southern Oregon
No need to apologize, the reality of life takes presidence over exercising. Hope all is going well. I agree with starting back in slowly. Trying to jump back in like you never left is how you get injured. I would slowly work back in and you'll be back in no time.
Hang in there.
2010-03-29 1:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Toronto
Hey,
Just got back from NZ on Sat night. Slept away most of Sunday.
I did  compete in an aquathon (which was the same distance but without the bike - 750m swim/5.5 km run) while I was down there. Couldn't register in time for the tri - they didn't have online reg. It went well. New suit was awesome but swimming over stingrays was a bit nerve racking. And the salt water was a tough on the throat. Can't believe I never noticed it as a lifeguard - guess I've been spoiled up here in the Great Lakes.

I injured my back so have been getting treatment for that - from sitting on the plane for 25 hours I think.
Giving myself this week to get over the jetlag and then have a ride - first outside ride - planned for Friday.

Sorry I've been MIA. I was a daily participant in my last mentor group. Found it a bit tough with us being such a big group to be honest. My last group was capped at 6.

Will also start to log all my workouts again.

Fi

Edited by alexenafi 2010-03-29 1:11 PM

2010-03-29 1:50 PM
in reply to: #2755605

User image

Veteran
Long Beach, CA

Welcome back Fi.  Sorry to hear about your back.

Unfortunately the attrition is common, especially with the size of group we started with.  We obviously have a strong core group who participates and that is who will benefit from the support the most.

If nobody has specific questions to drive my next discussion topic, I could prepare something on race/transition etiquette or training intensities or running technique.  Let me know what you are most interested in.

2010-03-29 1:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Toronto
I'd be interested in training intensity.
What do you think about the notion that training long and slow just makes you go long and slow? How much high intensity/shorter distance can you work into an average week?

Fi
2010-03-29 2:16 PM
in reply to: #2755713

User image

Regular
Salem
Scottt - 2010-03-29 1:50 PM

Unfortunately the attrition is common, especially with the size of group we started with.  We obviously have a strong core group who participates and that is who will benefit from the support the most.

If nobody has specific questions to drive my next discussion topic, I could prepare something on race/transition etiquette or training intensities or running technique.  Let me know what you are most interested in.

Scott, That would be great.  I'am new to this and was wandering about the transitions.  I read an article on transitions and it advised to take a small bucket with water to clean the feet after the swim.  I then read another article that advised not to bring that type of stuff to a transition area.  Any thoughts on the small bucket? 
2010-03-29 2:39 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO
Scottt - 2010-03-29 2:50 PM

If nobody has specific questions to drive my next discussion topic, I could prepare something on race/transition etiquette or training intensities or running technique.  Let me know what you are most interested in 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my other questions - scroll up - posted on 2010-03-26 6:56 AM.  J and I were curious about fatigue....

And then yes - would be interested to read some information about training intensities.

Welcome back Fiona.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

2010-03-29 2:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Toronto
Thanks, I'm off to get treatment in the am again. Was injury free last year (except for the last week). I think some training will help loosen me up though.
Fi

2010-03-29 11:37 PM

User image

New user

Southern Oregon
Scottt - 2010-03-29 11:50 AM

I would be interested in running technique as thats what seems to injure me the most, with training intensity a close second. 
Thanks
J
2010-03-29 11:40 PM
in reply to: #2755605

User image

New user

Southern Oregon
alexenafi - 2010-03-29 11:10 AM Hey,
Just got back from NZ on Sat night. Slept away most of Sunday.
I did  compete in an aquathon (which was the same distance but without the bike - 750m swim/5.5 km run) while I was down there. Couldn't register in time for the tri - they didn't have online reg. It went well. New suit was awesome but swimming over stingrays was a bit nerve racking. And the salt water was a tough on the throat. Can't believe I never noticed it as a lifeguard - guess I've been spoiled up here in the Great Lakes.

I injured my back so have been getting treatment for that - from sitting on the plane for 25 hours I think.
Giving myself this week to get over the jetlag and then have a ride - first outside ride - planned for Friday.

Sorry I've been MIA. I was a daily participant in my last mentor group. Found it a bit tough with us being such a big group to be honest. My last group was capped at 6.

Will also start to log all my workouts again.

Fi
Hi Fi,
Hope you had good trip. I took a position in Wanganui (south end of the north island 2 hrs north of wellington), so if all goes well I will start in sept and be there for a year. I have already looked at shipping costs for my bike's and have found some really fun looking events.J 
2010-03-30 5:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Central Point
I wouldn't mind hearing something about running as well. It has been a long time since high school track and I'm guessing there is a difference between sprinting and endurance running. Are there any video links around that focus on technique?
2010-03-31 5:08 PM
in reply to: #2749892

User image

Veteran
Long Beach, CA

kimmax - 2010-03-26 3:56 AM
JBrunswick - 2010-03-25 10:56 PM So far staying healthy which is the main thing. Is anyone else starting to feel the fatigue? Im cutting some workouts out if im feeling too out of it. It seems like getting more rest actually helps my subsequent workouts and is helping my overall endurance. Any thoughts?

I have no clue - when I look at my logs on average I'm only putting in an hour a day and on a good week - no more than 2hrs.  An hour a day doesn't seem so demanding.  And yet... I'm zonked.  I feel as though I've been tired since Christmas.  Sometimes I'm b*tchy AND tired.  Overtraining?  Sounds ridiculous when you look at the numbers.  B*tchy because of being tired?  That's probably more like it - so much to do and so little time.

Tired as a result of poor nutrition?  I like to think I eat very healthy.  Or is it just plain lack of sleep?  In an ideal world I need 8 hours/night but in order to put in an hour a day - I get up at 5pm so that means I would have to go to bed at 9!!!  That's just never going to happen.... too much to do.  As it is my house is a disaster!

I have to confess lately I've contemplated switching my goals and doing sprints vs. olympic.  I know I'll be disappointed in myself if I do that though.  Like I've quit.  But I do wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew.  I'm just now starting to do more olympic distances in my workouts and I'm tired.  If I had to the tri now I'd be sooooo slow and poky not to mention exhausted afterwards.  It's a lot of effort to get there - a lot of time not spent with my family.  My social life is non-existent.  I've been putting workouts ahead of friends.  Basically it's starting to feel more and more like work.  Maybe I'm just frustrated that spring is taking so long to get here.  I'll stick to it but that's where my thoughts lay.

Curious about how Scott does it - he puts in high volumes and seems to survive on only 7 hours.  Any tips? Comments?

Marcia,

Sorry it took me a while on your question(s)...

Non-doctor's opinion:

Your body is adapting.  You are working it "hard" (harder than historical) and it needs time to adapt.  Most of us have the mind from when we were 18 and think we are the energizer bunny.  Well, I hate to break to all of you, YOU'RE NOT!

At some point your body needs to recharge.  A day off now and then is a MUST.  I fought the sleep thing for a while, too.  7 hours is good for me because I used to survive on 5-5.5 hours, so this is a bit step forward.  I often am in bed for an hour or so before falling alsleep, so that is additional rest time.

Experiment with working out at alternative times of day.  Some people (like me) can work out at 10:00p.m. and easily fall asleep after cooling down, while others are wired for hours.

Nutrition can have a profound effect of how you feel.  Eat enough to fuel your normal life.  Refuel well after long workouts and avoid eating (other than a small protien-rich snack, like nuts or yogurt) after dinner.

Life balance is really the main topic I see in your message.  That is something you probably struggle with more than those around you.  It is a good thing that you are aware of how your chosen sport (hobby) effects those around you.  Hopefully you can head off any problems before they become problems.

It becomes about priorities...family is first, then you choose what comes next.  I tell you, my circle of friends did morph toward tri (and other athlete) friends over time because they "get" it.  It helps me that my wife has raced a little bit.  She doesn't totally get it, but she tries.  She is amazingly supportive.  We make a good team.  Often, the second I roll back into the garage after a long ride, we hand off and she goes and does something she needs to do and I'm back on dad duty.  I work out early (for me) mornings and late nights, as much as possible, to keep the family impact light, but weekend mornings are pretty shot.  This works for us, but may not work for others.

Communicate honestly.  I don't have a magic answer.

2010-03-31 5:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Beach, CA

Transitions 101:

1st Rule- Keep it simple
2nd Rule- Do what keeps you comfortable/happy

Good transitions give you FREE time back.  Well executed transitions don't take any extra fitness, just practice and organization.

Where?

If you are picky about where your spot is, arrive early (Unless individual spots are assigned).  Most races have assigned areas by waves or age groups, but your actual specific spot is first come-first taken.  Some race have open transition areas that allow you to rack wherever you would like.

End positions alway go first since they are easier to find and slightly closer to the INs/OUTs.  Many people use chalk, balloons and other means of marking their position or the way to their position.  I often look for markings that other people put in place and work off those.  Always know how many racks from the INs or OUTs you are.

Take the space you need, no more.  A good rule of thumb is a small, brightly-colored bath towel (not a beach towel), laid so you bike's front wheel, your bag, and all you stuff are on it, next to your bike.  The towel should not extent beyond your front wheel into the aisle.

Be aware late comers may try to squeeze in where there is not really room.  Hopefully not, if everyone leaves the space they don't need open.  Be accomodating, but don't let anyone muscle you into a compromising situation.  If they complain, urge them to get there earlier next time.

How?

This is where "Keep it Simple" is big!  The less you have to deal with, the less you have to do and the less you have the possibility of forgetting.

Place your bag toward the back (under the rack), out of the way.  For a standard order race, place you bike stuff in front and your run stuff behind, leaving a space for your wet wetsuit in front of your bag.

Bike Stuff: Helmet, shoes, socks(if needed), sunglasses, extra clothing, race belt w/ number(some races), nutrition.  Assuming you don't put your shoes in your pedals (advanced move)...wetsuit off, socks on (if needed), shoes on, clothes/glasses on, helmet on, put nutrition in pocket, GO.  You can save time by not using socks (highly recommended at all distances), taping glasses to top tube of bike, taping gels(nutrition) to top tube of bike (or Bento Box..1/2IM & IM).  Of course, you would already have any bottles of liquid nutrition in cages on your bike frame.

Run Stuff: Shoes, socks(recommended for 1/2IM & IM), race belt w/ number, hat, nutrition.  Rack bike, helmet off, socks on(if needed) and if you don't already have them on for the bike, shoes on , pick up race belt, hat and nutrition (have in one baggie) and GO.  Put on hat, race belt and put nutrition in your pocket(s) while you run.

Additional Tips/Tricks

Swim to Bike: BodyGlide or Pam on your ankles helps the wetsuit off.  When running to T1, take off your goggles and place them in your cap...pull your arms out of your wetsit sleeves, but let go of your cap/goggles in one sleeve and leave them there.  That way you don't have to find a place for them and put them down.  Try to place your wetsuit towand the back of your towel, in front of your bag.  Know that if you drape it over the rack, someone may move it with their bike or rack their bike on top of it when they come in off the bike.  If you need to wash off your feet, have a bottle of water on your towel, ready.  Buckets/tubs get knocked over (you won't make any friends) and unless you are the first one back, most likely someone else will use it before you.

Bike to Run: Elastic laces are the bomb.  Pull on shoes like slippers.  In longer distances your feet swell, so you avoid shoes tightening up or having to stop to adjust laces.  If you are putting on socks, have them separated, one in each shoe, ready to grab.  A little powder helps them go an a little easier.

Taking nutrition in transition is a waste of time.  The bike is the time to take nutrition without sacrificing any time.  So, take whatever you wanted to take in T1 once you are up to speed and comfortable on the bike and take whatever you are temped to take in T2 just before getting off the bike.

Don't sit down unless you need to to put on socks/shoes.

Don't rush.  Be quick and deliberate.  Have a system, practice it and do it the same every time. 

Edited by Scottt 2010-04-02 5:53 PM

2010-04-01 3:20 PM
in reply to: #2761227

User image

Master
TORONTO
Scottt - 2010-03-31 6:08 PM

Life balance is really the main topic I see in your message.  That is something you probably struggle with more than those around you.  It is a good thing that you are aware of how your chosen sport (hobby) effects those around you.  Hopefully you can head off any problems before they become problems.

It becomes about priorities...family is first, then you choose what comes next.  I tell you, my circle of friends did morph toward tri (and other athlete) friends over time because they "get" it.  It helps me that my wife has raced a little bit.  She doesn't totally get it, but she tries.  She is amazingly supportive.  We make a good team.  Often, the second I roll back into the garage after a long ride, we hand off and she goes and does something she needs to do and I'm back on dad duty.  I work out early (for me) mornings and late nights, as much as possible, to keep the family impact light, but weekend mornings are pretty shot.  This works for us, but may not work for others.

Communicate honestly.  I don't have a magic answer.

Thanks Scott - you are absolutely right!  So I booked a family vacation to BC woo hoo!  Not really the ideal time given I was thinking I'd do a sprint in June and my A race July 5th but oh well.  Can't wait to go!

I'm very fortunate to have a hubby that is extremely supportive but my friends are another story.  Sometimes I think the ones that try to talk you out of it the most are the ones that are secretly jealous.  Why else would a "friend" question your goals or have any concerns?  It's very odd.

It's BEEEEAUUUUTIFUL here in Toronto.  Sunny and warm.  I'm hoping to get my bike out on the country roads this weekend although a little nervous I haven't had a tune up in over a year.  Hope everyone has a FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC weekend!

2010-04-01 3:34 PM
in reply to: #2755800

User image

Master
TORONTO
srichards428 - 2010-03-29 3:16 PM

Scott, That would be great.  I'am new to this and was wandering about the transitions.  I read an article on transitions and it advised to take a small bucket with water to clean the feet after the swim.  I then read another article that advised not to bring that type of stuff to a transition area.  Any thoughts on the small bucket? 

It's funny because so many articles geared at beginner triathletes recommend the bucket for (1) bringing your stuff in, (2) using it with water to rinse your feet and then (3) flipping it over and sitting on while getting shoes on etc.  But when you ask experienced triathletes - they scoff at the idea of a bucket.  Seriously - my thoughts are if you want it and will use it - no one is going to look at you during the race and poke fun.  Most likely no one will even notice as everyone is busy doing their own thing.  Personally - I haven't used one.  If you do consider using one I would just mention that space is limited in some races and it might just take up too much room.  I tend to do a lot of the things mentioned in Scott's article right down to the brightly coloured towel and everything organized on it in order of use.  I think I read an article and saw pictures of a perfect transition area on this site... not sure if it's still kicking around.

Tips I've learned: 
-I put a plastic bag over my bare feet before putting on my wetsuit - I find it glides over my ankles and up my leg easier and then I just take it off after.
-I've wasted a lot of time in transition searching for a gel or some bloks to take with me on the bike - Scott's right - have it accessible just in case and why stand and munch when you can peddle and munch.

I have yet to master removing my wetsuit without stumbling, sometimes having to sit Embarassed to yank the thing off my feet.  Body Glide or none - I'm useless in that regard.

2010-04-01 9:47 PM
in reply to: #2763779

User image

Regular
Salem
kimmax - 2010-04-01 3:34 PM
srichards428 - 2010-03-29 3:16 PM

It's funny because so many articles geared at beginner triathletes recommend the bucket for (1) bringing your stuff in, (2) using it with water to rinse your feet and then (3) flipping it over and sitting on while getting shoes on etc.  But when you ask experienced triathletes - they scoff at the idea of a bucket.  Seriously - my thoughts are if you want it and will use it - no one is going to look at you during the race and poke fun.  Most likely no one will even notice as everyone is busy doing their own thing.  Personally - I haven't used one.  If you do consider using one I would just mention that space is limited in some races and it might just take up too much room.  I tend to do a lot of the things mentioned in Scott's article right down to the brightly coloured towel and everything organized on it in order of use.  I think I read an article and saw pictures of a perfect transition area on this site... not sure if it's still kicking around.

Tips I've learned: 
-I put a plastic bag over my bare feet before putting on my wetsuit - I find it glides over my ankles and up my leg easier and then I just take it off after.
-I've wasted a lot of time in transition searching for a gel or some bloks to take with me on the bike - Scott's right - have it accessible just in case and why stand and munch when you can peddle and munch.

I have yet to master removing my wetsuit without stumbling, sometimes having to sit Embarassed to yank the thing off my feet.  Body Glide or none - I'm useless in that regard.

I think Im gonna try the water bottle after reading Scott's post.  I didnt think about the crowded bike sites.

Good idea for the plastic bags....will have to try that when I get a little closer to race day.

Thanks for the info....much is needed.
2010-04-06 9:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Point
Well I have my first ever 5k Saturday at 7:AM. I'm a little nervous, I haven't raced in 30+ years. Its going to be interesting to see how the whole process works. I figure a local 5k is a good place to get my feet wet. Oh and the local forecast is Lo of 39 mostly cloudy I don't need to worry about the high. Packet pick up is Friday that will be a new experience as well.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Scottt's Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 18