BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Andrew Haberkorn's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2011-01-28 7:05 AM
in reply to: #3324685

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Andrew Haberkorn's Group - FULL

*Awesome!  It looks like you have a ton of great races planned.  What event(s) are you swimming on 2/26?  I haven't jumped in a swim meet since high school, but I think it would be a blast! *

I found a medal from last year's swim meet - I won third place for the 200 and the 160 IM. First for backstroke and second for the 40 free. These sprints were against men, and I got a 2:56 for the 200 which meant 1:28/100! I hope I can do that well this year... I'm pretty excited about it but just like last year, I've spent very little time in the pool and none timing myself!

Anything special I could do in the little time I have between now and the meet?

Edited by gcoller 2011-01-28 7:06 AM

2011-01-28 9:30 AM
in reply to: #3257746

sorry for being away for awhile. I ended up buying that cervelo dual bike and got it hooked up to the trainer. The bike has pedals to clip in and am going to be buying bike clip shoes soon. That bike is going to be so fast. The new problem that I have is seat. I sat on the bike after getting it all hooked up and found out how uncomfrtable the seat is... My butt hurt for 2 days after being on the bike for only 15 minutes or less! I am going to be buying some bike shorts with padding soon, any suggestions here would be awesome!! Also another issue is that my feet keep hitting the trainer when I pedaled. I learned to angle my foot to not hit the trainer, but it seemed quite unnatural. I know that there is going to be a lot of getting used to with a trainer, but has anyone experienced these issues before? Any help would be great...

I am back to training. I dont know why, but I did not think about cross training when my foot was hurt, but I started back in the pool a couple weeks ago. I know that my form is crap, as I am constantly gulping water, but am getting significantly better every time I get in the pool. The last time on Wed. I paid attention to only form and I was able to swim 75 meters continuously for the first time. I usually swam 25 at a time. I know that this sounds extremely low, but it is getting much much better everytime. I started using a nose clip since water would instantly go up my nose and it was a show stopper. Swimming is going to be a struggle for me, but fortunately it is the smallest leg of the race... so as long as I get in under the time frame, I will be good to go. 

As far as running, I tried a brief jog last night for the first time since mid december. I only jogged very lightly for only 8 minutes, but I was happy that no flare-up happened. Today I am back in the pool for hopefully a breakthrough or 5.

I just bought the triathlete's training bible and started reading that. I am about 70 pages into the book and chugging through as I can hardly put it down. My new goal is Aug. 21st there is a half Ironman that I want to be ready for. My schedule is revolving around training and I am looking forward to getting more hours under my belt.

Any advice on anything, please let me know
2011-01-28 11:42 AM
in reply to: #3326608

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
Welcome back, loper!  Congrats on the bike purchase.  With regards to your two "issues"...

Seat:
Because this is your first real road/tri bike (it is, correct?), there is definitely going to be some discomfort.  That being said, cycling shorts and time on the bike should help.  It also could be a case of just having a saddle that doesn't work for you.  Is there a bike shop in your area that does saddle demo programs?  That is the best way to go to find one that is really comfortable for you - unless you can afford the "buy and try" method.

With cycling shorts, you can basically judge the quality by the price tag.  The more expensive they are, the better (crappy, I know).  Head over to your bike shop again for these.  You don't need to spend $200, but if you can, don't be afraid to get something that is more than $35.

I'm generalizing here, but there are 3 types of shorts you'll likely find:
1) Regular Cycling Shorts: Spandex shorts with a regular cycling chamois (pad).  These work well for many and are generally cheaper than...

2) Bib Shorts: Spandex shorts, with straps that go over your shoulders.  The argument here is that the straps keep your shorts from bunching up, moving around, etc (sure there are others I'm missing).  Cyclists swear by these.  I love them, but the regular shorts are fine too.

3) Triathlon Shorts:  These will be nearly identical to the "regular cycling shorts" with one major difference - the chamois (pad) is much thinner.  This allows for quick drying after getting out of the water and easier movement when running.

Brands to look at will range, but I've had good success with Pearl Izumi, Champion Systems, K-Swiss (not gonna find them in stores though) among others.

Trainer:
I've never heard of someone's feet hitting their trainer, and I don't like the idea of you changing how you pedal to avoid it (unless it's correcting a problem).  Any chance you could take a picture of your set up so we can take a look?  

Let's start there and hopefully we can get you situated! 

Drew

2011-01-28 11:44 AM
in reply to: #3326262

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
gcoller - Anything special I could do in the little time I have between now and the meet?

Nothing special, except for swimming!  I would start slow and steady with some longer sets, and as you get the feeling for the water back over the next few weeks, add some intensity.  Swimming - more so than the other sports - requires consistency.  I feel like crap in the pool if I take more than one day off.  It's crazy.  
2011-01-28 3:45 PM
in reply to: #3326262

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
gcoller - 2011-01-28 6:05 AM

*Awesome!  It looks like you have a ton of great races planned.  What event(s) are you swimming on 2/26?  I haven't jumped in a swim meet since high school, but I think it would be a blast! *

I found a medal from last year's swim meet - I won third place for the 200 and the 160 IM. First for backstroke and second for the 40 free. These sprints were against men, and I got a 2:56 for the 200 which meant 1:28/100! I hope I can do that well this year... I'm pretty excited about it but just like last year, I've spent very little time in the pool and none timing myself!

Anything special I could do in the little time I have between now and the meet?

Keep swimmin sugar Laughingand have a great time at the meet-no matter what it will be a great gauge for you of where you are now in your training.
2011-01-28 3:52 PM
in reply to: #3326608

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
loper245 - 2011-01-28 8:30 AM sorry for being away for awhile. I ended up buying that cervelo dual bike and got it hooked up to the trainer. The bike has pedals to clip in and am going to be buying bike clip shoes soon. That bike is going to be so fast. The new problem that I have is seat. I sat on the bike after getting it all hooked up and found out how uncomfrtable the seat is... My butt hurt for 2 days after being on the bike for only 15 minutes or less! I am going to be buying some bike shorts with padding soon, any suggestions here would be awesome!! Also another issue is that my feet keep hitting the trainer when I pedaled. I learned to angle my foot to not hit the trainer, but it seemed quite unnatural. I know that there is going to be a lot of getting used to with a trainer, but has anyone experienced these issues before? Any help would be great...

I am back to training. I dont know why, but I did not think about cross training when my foot was hurt, but I started back in the pool a couple weeks ago. I know that my form is crap, as I am constantly gulping water, but am getting significantly better every time I get in the pool. The last time on Wed. I paid attention to only form and I was able to swim 75 meters continuously for the first time. I usually swam 25 at a time. I know that this sounds extremely low, but it is getting much much better everytime. I started using a nose clip since water would instantly go up my nose and it was a show stopper. Swimming is going to be a struggle for me, but fortunately it is the smallest leg of the race... so as long as I get in under the time frame, I will be good to go. 

As far as running, I tried a brief jog last night for the first time since mid december. I only jogged very lightly for only 8 minutes, but I was happy that no flare-up happened. Today I am back in the pool for hopefully a breakthrough or 5.

I just bought the triathlete's training bible and started reading that. I am about 70 pages into the book and chugging through as I can hardly put it down. My new goal is Aug. 21st there is a half Ironman that I want to be ready for. My schedule is revolving around training and I am looking forward to getting more hours under my belt.

Any advice on anything, please let me know

welcome back. cool news on the bike..How fun is that gonna be?? I've only been on mine for a short time and noticed the uncomfortable seat as well...so thanks Drew for the advice on that..I think a big part of it is I have only been in the saddle with stationary bikes which are big ol cushy seats...supposed to be pretty warm here tomorrow and planning on a ride so we'll see how my butt does tomorrow.

Swimming the half IM distance will require a great deal of practice on your part-althought the shortest, it's still over a mile swim and that ain't very short! Keep at it and good luck with technique. There are tons of swimming videos on the web that may help. It took months to build up endurance of any length and comfort in the water, for me personally.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2011-01-28 6:42 PM

User image

Expert
well I did a test run/bike brick today to prepare for the duathlon.  I ran easy for 1/2 mile, then did 2 miles at close to race pace (I was around 8:15-8:35/mile).  It was not totally flat so my pace wasn't super consistent, but effort wise I was running just below my lactate threshold, which seems like a good idea, right?

Anyway, following a 2 minute 'transition' (which included unlocking my bike and pulling it off the rack) I headed out on the bike for a ~1 hour mtb loop.  Felt good, legs were a little weak for the first mile or two, but came around quickly and became normal feeling.  It was actually the fastest I've done this loop in some time!  I did have a new front tire which was sticking like velcro, and my race wheels (light!) on which accounts for some of the speed.

I didn't run again afterwards, but I'm not going to worry about that part, I'll just deal with that on race day. Sealed  I think my take away from today is that I should just go out on the run right below my LT (which I think will be ~8:15/mile on flat land), it doesn't really affect my biking that I could tell. 
2011-01-29 6:40 AM

User image

Colorado Springs
Sea level is Great! Will give detailed update on sunday when I get home.
2011-01-29 10:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Smithfield, VA

Busy family day today, so unable to get in a workout; however, while at the first birthday party, held at a local community rec center, there was a large swim meet going on.  I decided to go watch the HS swimmers compete and had a good time watching "real" swimming.

As I was leaving, I noticed a flyer for a Masters Swim program, held at the center.  After talking with some of the staff, I got all of the info and am going to start attending.  I'm pretty excited.  I'm not sure what level of instruction they will provide, but it will be my first "organized" practice in 30 years.

Oh, I also got to drool all over a couple of TT bikes while my kids were at Birthday party #2 today.  I'm still pretty sure that I'm going to upgrade my bike this season.

Edited by mandsberry 2011-01-29 10:33 PM
2011-01-30 2:52 PM

User image

Expert
i had a great mtb ride yesterday, I'm all setup with my race wheels and tires, everything is now tubeless and working well!  I have to say, I enjoy mtbing so much that I'm thinking of doing some mtb endurance races (8hr type stuff) later this year.  We'll see...  definately would have to massively up my biking volume.

I was planning on a 8 mile run today, but my wife spent the night at a friends and just called saying she won't be home till dark so I'm with the kids all day.  I'll probably treadmill it tonight, but I seriously doubt I'll do 8 miles (which at my pace is about 1.5 hours).  That's just too long to be on a treadmill for me!
2011-01-31 4:22 PM
in reply to: #3327829

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
norcal_SAHD - 2011-01-28 4:42 PM well I did a test run/bike brick today to prepare for the duathlon.  I ran easy for 1/2 mile, then did 2 miles at close to race pace (I was around 8:15-8:35/mile).  It was not totally flat so my pace wasn't super consistent, but effort wise I was running just below my lactate threshold, which seems like a good idea, right?

Anyway, following a 2 minute 'transition' (which included unlocking my bike and pulling it off the rack) I headed out on the bike for a ~1 hour mtb loop.  Felt good, legs were a little weak for the first mile or two, but came around quickly and became normal feeling.  It was actually the fastest I've done this loop in some time!  I did have a new front tire which was sticking like velcro, and my race wheels (light!) on which accounts for some of the speed.

I didn't run again afterwards, but I'm not going to worry about that part, I'll just deal with that on race day. Sealed  I think my take away from today is that I should just go out on the run right below my LT (which I think will be ~8:15/mile on flat land), it doesn't really affect my biking that I could tell. 

Sounds like you are doing the right kind of training to learn what you should and shouldn't do on race day.  You know your body better than anybody else, so if running that pace feels right, it probably is!  Nice work on the ride afterwards as well.

2011-01-31 4:23 PM
in reply to: #3328188

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
bledsoepatriot - 2011-01-29 4:40 AM Sea level is Great! Will give detailed update on sunday when I get home.

Isn't it?  Although a lot of us are jealous you get to train at altitude and then come down to sea level and feel like a million bucks!  
2011-01-31 4:26 PM
in reply to: #3329014

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
As I was leaving, I noticed a flyer for a Masters Swim program, held at the center.  After talking with some of the staff, I got all of the info and am going to start attending.  I'm pretty excited.  I'm not sure what level of instruction they will provide, but it will be my first "organized" practice in 30 years.

Honestly, I suggest a masters group to everyone if you have access.  It is amazing how much easier it is to swim when you are surrounded by others.  You'll find yourself pushing yourself harder, and hopefully getting some constructive feedback from the coach.  Let us know how your first practice goes. 
2011-01-31 4:27 PM
in reply to: #3329572

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
norcal_SAHD - 2011-01-30 12:52 PM I was planning on a 8 mile run today, but my wife spent the night at a friends and just called saying she won't be home till dark so I'm with the kids all day.  I'll probably treadmill it tonight, but I seriously doubt I'll do 8 miles (which at my pace is about 1.5 hours).  That's just too long to be on a treadmill for me!

So how long did you last on the treadmill?  I don't know what my record on the treadmill is, but I'd be surprised if it was longer than an hour...haha 
2011-01-31 4:36 PM
in reply to: #3331672

User image

Veteran
Manhattan Beach, CA
I'm surprised we haven't had all of our weekend workout updates!  Let's hear 'em...

I'll actually start with Friday.  It's time for me to start upping the swimming (a lot), so I jumped in my first 2 hour masters workout (2 workouts back-to-back) and swam a little over 6,000 long course meters.  Needless to say, it was difficult to lift my arms to shampoo afterwards!  I'm hoping to start getting more and more of these workouts in.

Saturday consisted of riding the "Doughnut" ride again.  The Canadian pros showed up again, so I knew we were in for a barn-burner.  The first 20 miles were actually faster than last week.  It was literally a race - I don't know why the group gets that mentality - oh well.  The final 15 miles were ridden solo as everyone else broke off at different points.  Another solid ride, but not quite as difficult as last week.  I think I went a little over 55 miles.

Sunday was a swim/run day.  I got in a solid swim and managed to hang on to the feet of the fish.  Went for an hour run afterwards and ran ~6:15 pace.  It was great to have both workouts done by 10:30am.  I spent the rest of the day running errands and relaxing!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Drew 
2011-01-31 5:17 PM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Hi Drew-

I did my last long run on Sunday (21 miles) before my marathon in 2 weeks. Now I'm starting a taper period. I'm wondering what you do for taper? I'm planning on cutting back my miles but still doing some higher-intensity work. Longer Fartlek intervals and hills, to be specific. As the build-up to the marathon was really just for me to build a good base, I'm not too worried about my performance at the FM. At the same time, I want to be able to finish it without killing myself!

Do you have taper suggestions for the next 2 weeks? I'm thinking hills tomorrow (not too long) and Fartleks on Thursday (2-3 minutes intervals with 1m rest), possibly the same next week. The hills are a bit harder for me, but they are short. The intervals next Thursday would be pretty short too. In fact, maybe I'll move them to Wednesday to give me a little additional rest.

Thanks!
Tim

2011-01-31 5:43 PM
in reply to: #3331672

User image

Expert
andrew_haberkorn - 2011-01-31 2:27 PM
norcal_SAHD - 2011-01-30 12:52 PM I was planning on a 8 mile run today, but my wife spent the night at a friends and just called saying she won't be home till dark so I'm with the kids all day.  I'll probably treadmill it tonight, but I seriously doubt I'll do 8 miles (which at my pace is about 1.5 hours).  That's just too long to be on a treadmill for me!

So how long did you last on the treadmill?  I don't know what my record on the treadmill is, but I'd be surprised if it was longer than an hour...haha 

did the full 8 miles Tongue out.   It took me 1:25, but the time actually passed pretty quick.  I just set it at an easy pace and watched TV.
2011-01-31 8:25 PM
in reply to: #3331762

User image

Extreme Veteran
MonkeyClaw - 2011-01-31 5:17 PM

Hi Drew-

I did my last long run on Sunday (21 miles) before my marathon in 2 weeks. Now I'm starting a taper period. I'm wondering what you do for taper? I'm planning on cutting back my miles but still doing some higher-intensity work. Longer Fartlek intervals and hills, to be specific. As the build-up to the marathon was really just for me to build a good base, I'm not too worried about my performance at the FM. At the same time, I want to be able to finish it without killing myself!

Do you have taper suggestions for the next 2 weeks? I'm thinking hills tomorrow (not too long) and Fartleks on Thursday (2-3 minutes intervals with 1m rest), possibly the same next week. The hills are a bit harder for me, but they are short. The intervals next Thursday would be pretty short too. In fact, maybe I'll move them to Wednesday to give me a little additional rest.

Thanks!
Tim

I’m in taper mode for the Mardi gras marathon on Feb 13. I have been doing speed work on Tuesdays, Tempos on Thursdays and longer runs on Saturdays.

For the taper I have cut the sessions down for each of these but kept the intensity. Most people would say that there is no reason to run faster than marathon pace at this point in time. However, I do plan on keeping the 800 repeats (Yasso’s) and faster tempos on Thursday. Just all the runs getting shorter. My tempos will be 20 – 30 seconds faster than marathon pace. My longer Saturday runs will be at marathon pace.

The taper is time for your body to rejuvenate from all of the training. Hopefully you can expect a 2 – 3 % gain in performance if everything goes as planned.

Now, my last long run of the plan was a little over a week ago. I have felt some discomfort since then in my ITB. This has been disheartening. But I ran 5 yesterday a slow pace and 6.5 today (also slow) and had no pain. I have not pushed the pace yet.

2011-01-31 8:29 PM

User image

New user

Greenville, SC

Weekend was great 1100 meter swim on Saturday, wish I could have done more but the pool closed. I worked too long in the yard before I realized how late it was.  Also did 70 hard minutes on the rollers. Sunday, 10K run easy, 2k straight in the pool then 200 meter sprints, with an hour of driving kids to practices in between each one.

2011-01-31 11:24 PM

User image

Sunderland
Hi Guys - It's been a while since my last post but I've been out there doing my thing.  I've been running quite a bit and swimming every once in a while.  I've been doing 3 mile runs most days with a long run of 4 or 5 miles on one of the weekend days.  This past Saturday I did 5 miles with my brother.  We averaged just over 10 minutes per mile.  My brother could run for over two hours at that pace but I was pretty well cooked at the end.

Mother Nature is going to sideline me for the next two days.  We're looking at another 18" - 20" of snow spread between two storms over the next two days.  I'm due for a rest day (or two) anyways.    

I'm going to be out of town next week for [work] training.  That's going to put a kink in my triathlon training but if the hotel has a fitness center, I should be able to log a few miles on a treadmill.

That's where I'm at in a nutshell.  It's not the most exciting read, but I feel really good.  I'm in the best shape of my life and it's only February (watch out Grace).

2011-02-01 7:55 AM

the last few days's workouts are as follows. Saturday I wanted to read the triathlete's training bible so I went to the gym and rode the bike using a random resisteance generator and put it to a level 13 and went to town for an hour. I read all about nutrition in that book. It prompted me to go out yesterday and buy about 40 dollars in fruits and vegetables and committ to a better diet from here on out. I usually eat well for breakfast and lunch, but my wife likes to have very high calorie massive dinners. So, we will see how that goes. I am a cyclist first and foremost, so it is very rare that I ever get sore after biking. It must have been the high resist high rpm that i was keeping through the tough parts, because I was just a little sore on Sunday, I liked that. Last year I went on a 50 mile bike ride and had done nothing for exercise for probably a year and even after that I was not sore... so any soreness feels good.

Sunday I had the worst day at work, so I went home and curled up in the fetal position and did nothing. Well, not the fetal position, but the going home and doing nothing was true. Yesterday, it was my goal to get some swimming in. I really wanted to get in about 30 minutes of swimming, but only made it 20 minutes. My swimming is definitely my weakness.

Tonight, I am going to try a bike/run. A buddy and I are going to try biking for at least 45 minutes/ high speed-high resist. then run. I have not run since before christmas due to the avulsion fracture. I am going to attempt to run very lightly for 1 mile, then if it feels good, then go to 2 miles max. If that feels good then on Thursday I might try a 3-4 mile run... wish me luck

2011-02-01 9:38 AM
in reply to: #3332312

User image

Veteran
November
Continue running with "long" runs minimally 6 miles on weekends. (sustained injury/sickness)
DecemberContinue running with "long" runs minimally 6 miles on weekends. (back up to 6 miles by the end of December)
January10K on the first, Continue running with "long" runs 6 miles on weekends. Add in 1 bike, 1 swim/week. Create Tri training plan (+ 1/2 Mary?!), Strength training motivational chart.
injured again back up to 3 miles though
FebruaryContinue running with "long" runs 7 - 8 miles on weekends. Complete Hal Higdon Novice-Half Training. Begin 12 Week Level 4 Training. Swim 2X/week until meet.
MarchContinue running with "long" runs 9 -10 miles on weekends. Continue Level 4 Training. Prep for Duathlon - practice run.
AprilContinue Level 4 Training - Next Month begins Level 5 Training for 5 weeks. Duathlon!  Half Marathon next week.
The above is my general progress and goal setting chart.  I have really amped up my strength training and my bike over this last month, but my running seems to be suffering some. I am with Ben on the 18 - 24 " of snow, so the trainer will be great for that, but no running for a few days - which could be good for the ol'e knee. I am paranoid about the back tire though, I haven't switched it out yet to be on the trainer (I just found out that's what I'm supposed to do...)
My funny knee problems are concerning, but I'm climbing back, and it is only February, after all.

I have lost a pound or so, but with yesterday's doughnut slip we'll see about weigh-in this week!

I'm going to be out of town next week for [work] training.  That's going to put a kink in my triathlon training but if the hotel has a fitness center, I should be able to log a few miles on a treadmill.

That's where I'm at in a nutshell.  It's not the most exciting read, but I feel really good.  I'm in the best shape of my life and it's only February (watch out Grace).

Ah, good old competition. Don't get too comfortable, Ben... :P

2011-02-01 8:23 PM

User image

Colorado Springs
Well looks like everyone is pushing themselves pretty good considering the winter weather has put its hat in the ring.  I am excited for some outdoor training here in CO.  I got to do a run and swim while in FL last weekend (outdoors).  The run was fun, I did a 1.75 mi. run and got back to hotel to see that the entire group that I was there to train with was about to leave for the 'group' run.  I thought I had missed it and took off on my own. Anyhow, I then ran a 3.11 mi run with all of them keeping not too far behind the lead pack and kept a decent avg. per mile.  The outdoor pool was incredible it was on the same day and was really fun!  I took off Sat. because that is my rest day and had planned on another swim/bike Sun. but coming back from trip hung out with family.   I got back to it Mon. morning with a bike/swim and ran today.  

I am going with my girlfriend who is still training with me regularly to the local masters swim group tomorrow at 5:30 am to check it out.  It is about 15-20 min from house, but everyone here at BT seems to really support this masters swim so I am willing to check it out.  FEW QUESTIONS??  The time is from 5:30-7 is an hour and a half normal?? I am just getting to the point that I can swim 400yds.  Should I be doing this??  Am I going to destroy myself by doing this???  I am just wondering because swimming is not my strong suit here, I am feeling way better now that I am a month into the training but I am definitely not ripping through the water.   
2011-02-01 8:58 PM
in reply to: #3334362

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
bledsoepatriot - 2011-02-01 6:23 PM Well looks like everyone is pushing themselves pretty good considering the winter weather has put its hat in the ring.  I am excited for some outdoor training here in CO.  I got to do a run and swim while in FL last weekend (outdoors).  The run was fun, I did a 1.75 mi. run and got back to hotel to see that the entire group that I was there to train with was about to leave for the 'group' run.  I thought I had missed it and took off on my own. Anyhow, I then ran a 3.11 mi run with all of them keeping not too far behind the lead pack and kept a decent avg. per mile.  The outdoor pool was incredible it was on the same day and was really fun!  I took off Sat. because that is my rest day and had planned on another swim/bike Sun. but coming back from trip hung out with family.   I got back to it Mon. morning with a bike/swim and ran today.  

I am going with my girlfriend who is still training with me regularly to the local masters swim group tomorrow at 5:30 am to check it out.  It is about 15-20 min from house, but everyone here at BT seems to really support this masters swim so I am willing to check it out.  FEW QUESTIONS??  The time is from 5:30-7 is an hour and a half normal?? I am just getting to the point that I can swim 400yds.  Should I be doing this??  Am I going to destroy myself by doing this???  I am just wondering because swimming is not my strong suit here, I am feeling way better now that I am a month into the training but I am definitely not ripping through the water.   

You mean there's another kind of pool??? Tongue out

It's great going down to sea level for a run isn't it? Feels like you have so much extra energy! Don't worry about the masters swim. If you can't complete a set, just move on. The instructor will understand. You'll still get a ton better, learn new skills and drills and push yourself. I've found most sets are of the 50-200 variety in masters classes I've attended. If swimming is not your strong suit, masters is the best place to go. At the end, you could even ask for some things to work on for the next session. Remember to have fun!
2011-02-02 11:17 AM

User image

Colorado Springs
ok, did not go to masters swim, it was just too cold to leave house at 5am somewhere around -20, I will try on Friday morning.  Wed is busy this week so will take it as my day off, planning on doing a run with local running club on Saturday so will do a workout on normal day off.  It is a two mile challenge where your first run is your base handicap time and run is once a month to check improvement.  Girlfriend and son are going to do as well so should be lots of fun.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Andrew Haberkorn's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 24