BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-02-02 5:41 PM
in reply to: #3335836

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
hildekq - 2011-02-02 4:21
Marsha, ooooh, a soccer ball and a belt!  Was the belt STUDDED?  Bones popping in the pubic area... Janet you will HAVE to let us know how it went!  Did you light a cigarette afterwards??  As dedicated as Marsha is to her training, I am sure she is excellent at her job, so I hope it works!!  No fair for our runner, Janet, to have any pain!  Alex neither!  Or Jon with his broken toe.... in fact, there are NO INJURIES allowed for ANY MMMers!  Everyone has 1 week to heal up and that's IT, I am DONE with all these injuries!!  C'mon peeps!!

See Marsha, Hilde is the bad influence...I tried to stop her......I was a complete angel before this group...hehehe....Nice Hilde, real nice.....I think we could make a song about poppin' pubic bones!!!!  I think she should wear a HR monitor during that procedure.....I wanna see the spike!!! haha....just kidding....Janet, we hope it helps and you are adjusted and have less pain. 

2011-02-02 5:43 PM
in reply to: #3335848

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2011-02-02 4:27 PM Janet -just checking in and coming to commiserate with you...my right sacroiliac joint popped out of place while shoveling snow and now it is soooo painful to step on my right leg and load that side. I know what to do to pop it back in but it just won't go! I just took a -ton of advil and will keep trying I'll be back later to check in on you again!

Wow, you guys stop it with this sacroiliac joint thing...sound like a PITA......I hope it's not contagious. Hilde said NO MORE INJURIES>>>>>WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO THE MASTER?
2011-02-02 5:50 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Wow, I'm watching the evening news....and OMG Chicago is a disaster - like a blast zone.  They are predicting 25 foot waves off of lake Michigan....That would be an awesome site to photograph!!!  I'm starting to go alittle stir crazy after two days locked in the house.......We're gunna watch Lion King 1, 2, or 3 tonight with the kids....popcorn and lots of lap time....awesome!!!!
2011-02-02 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3335866

User image

Veteran
jcarmody - 2011-02-02 4:33 PM

The verdict on my legs is my left leg seems to be slightly longer than my right one.  Hopefully this will provide Marsha with some further insight.  So the SI joint pain is on the left and it is my left leg.  As far as the pain size I would say it is a localized area about an inch or two in size.  I've had it worse, where you could look at me and see one hip was higher than the other.  This time it is more anoying where every once in a while I move or turn just right and I get a shooting pain.

I tried the belt and ball exercise and couldn't get a pop or crack to happen.  Of course the only ball I could find was my dog's and it was only about the size of a softball.  I felt some relief afterwords (no cigarette) but the pain was back in about 10 minutes. 

OK here's what you need to try. Laying on your back with both knees bent, leave your right foot planted on the floor and bring your left foot off the floor (keeping knee bent) until your thigh is perpendicular to the floor. Once in that position place your palms on your left knee. Now you need to pull your left knee up into your hand and push your right foot down into the floor. This should all be equal and opposite pressure with no movement. Do this 3 times and then do the belt/ball technique but since you don't have a bigger ball have your husband do the resistance instead of the belt/ball: his hands will go on the outside of your knees for 3 pushes where you push out and he pushes in (equal and opposite) and then he should cross his forearms to but his right hand on the inside of your left knee and his left hand on the inside of your right knee (and I kind of wedge my elbow in there too - that's how wide apart your knees should be before you press in). His crossed arms wedged in there will make it so that your leg strength can't overpower his arms and you can get a good equal and opposite push.

Then put your right leg out flat on the floor and do a stretch where you hug your left leg toward your chest 3-5 times for 30 seconds.

Again, looking for the "pop"when you do the squeeze inward part...I'm having trouble getting mine to pop so, like you, I get a few moments of relief but nothing lasting That is the trouble with trying to do the correction yourself with this technique called a "muscle energy technique" I can't wait to get into the office tomorrow so one of my co-workers can get me all fixed up! Unfortunately I have a workout to do before that....we'll see how that goes!

So, let me know what happens...
2011-02-02 9:05 PM

User image

Brownsburg, IN
Hi all!!

I sincerely want to say thanks for the invite to the group, and hope that it is fine with the big brother as I don't want to stomp on his grounds without his permission.

I read his post, and he summed up my condition pretty well. As an old athlete and having done a triathlon previously, I know how far I've let myself slip. But... that ended yesterday. And now onwards towards more optimistic thoughts.

I hope I can inspire you as many of you have already inspired me. Seeing 10 new inspirations today gave me quite the smile. You forget that friends on BT are just that. Friends hoping to see you better yourself.

Thanks and see you around,

Kevin
2011-02-02 9:21 PM
in reply to: #3336489

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
bugeater - 2011-02-02 10:05 PM Hi all!! I sincerely want to say thanks for the invite to the group, and hope that it is fine with the big brother as I don't want to stomp on his grounds without his permission. I read his post, and he summed up my condition pretty well. As an old athlete and having done a triathlon previously, I know how far I've let myself slip. But... that ended yesterday. And now onwards towards more optimistic thoughts. I hope I can inspire you as many of you have already inspired me. Seeing 10 new inspirations today gave me quite the smile. You forget that friends on BT are just that. Friends hoping to see you better yourself. Thanks and see you around, Kevin

I'd love to have you in the group BIATCH......Just hope you can handle this docile group - the shy folks that they are!!!  Welcome aboard!!!!!   

2011-02-03 4:25 AM
in reply to: #3336509

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Welcome to the group Kevin!!  So you are Wilson's LITTLE brother, aw man, you must have gone thru HELL growing up!  Congrats for making the most important step and that is the MENTAL one to just do it!  The rest will all fall into place once the mind is made up~!

Everyone, please add Kevin to your MMM list!!

Kevin - bugeater

Janet and Marsha, hope you pop that sucker back in place and SOON!!

And OMG x a zillion on the storm of the century... Alex calls it the Snowpocalypse!  Still bitter cold here, lots of schools have delayed openings due to the rolling blackouts which thankfully did not happen overnight, but of course our district is all about the $$$ and doesn't care if we are sitting in the dark with no heat with a bunch of squirrely 30 first graders!  I guess there's a really good chance of SNOW here overnight, so that OUGHT to be good for at least a delay tomorrow if not a snow day... we might get, brace yourself FFNers.... an inch or two!  Ha ha!!!!  But this is major in our area as they have no snow removal equipment, and with it being so cold, no chance of it melting off right away as is usually the case.  We will be frozen at least until tomorrow afternoon when they are predicting a high of 33... freeze again overnight and then we should hit 50 on Saturday!  Whooo, break out the speedo and go for a suntan!

Stay warm my fellow BTers and MMMers!!  And log the snow shoveling... I'd almost rather get dressed to go outside and shovel than run... we'll see how strong my HTFU is this afternoon.... 
2011-02-03 6:39 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Greetings from Winterland USA.  If you want snow, we have it!  (as does the rest of the upper midwest!).  Pretty hard to get around so everyone be real carefull out there.  Marsha, thank you for your latest technique to help with my bum back.  Hopefully I will be able to get it to "pop".  If not, I will be calling my chiropractor.  He has helped with this in the past, don't know why I didn't call in the first place.  I guess I didn't think I had time, as silly as that sounds.
2011-02-03 9:21 AM
in reply to: #3336713

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Janet, you have SNOW on the brain!!  That's why you didn't think of the chiro!!  Hope you guys in the FFN see some relief soon....
2011-02-03 10:34 AM

User image

Expert
Well, if nothing else, those of us in the Midwest won't have to worry about icing whatever injuries we may have: a minute or two outside today (perhaps with the injured part plunged in a snowbank) should take care of things. (7 degrees F, feeling like -7 with the windchill, sayeth the Weather Channel...) Schools are closed again here: hope those with small kids have plenty of fun things to do inside!
2011-02-03 8:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Hope everyone is having a great week. I just wanted to get this thread back to page 1. I had to go all the way to page 2.
Finally got a picture on. You can't see it, but that's my car under that pile in front of me! 

Edited by jordiebrigs 2011-02-03 8:52 PM

(me.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
me.jpg (34KB - 7 downloads)

2011-02-04 8:08 AM
in reply to: #3338391

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Dang Jordie!!  I'd be afraid to shovel around it... I'd dig that shovel in and hit the car!

But you FFNers have nothing on me!  We have a snow day today!!  We got MAYBE 3" of snow... Ron said he saw a "drift" , ha ha!!  Still really cold, not as cold as WISCONSIN, but cold!  We are supposed to finally get above freezing tomorrow, and we should hit 50 on Sunday... it'll feel warm enough for an OWS!!
2011-02-04 9:47 AM
in reply to: #3338744

User image

Extreme Veteran
Awesome pic, Jordie! It's kinda pretty, at least from where *I* sit! And Hilde, congrats on the "snow" day - I know that's a super-rare treat for you! I grew up in central TX, and I remember one snow day (probably the ONLY one we ever got). We had about 1/2" of snow, and my brother and I scraped up every bit of it to make an 18" snow man that was as much dirt and twigs as it was snow!Speaking of short men, here's a joke for you: One day a man walks into a bar and sets a bag down. Out hops a tiny man, about a foot tall, who runs over to the piano and begins to play. He pounds out classical, jazz, R&B. "That's amazing." the bartender said. "Where did you find him?""Well, you're not going to believe this," the man said. "I was walking on the beach and tripped on something. I looked down and saw a lantern. I rubbed it, and sure enough, a genie popped out.""Well," the bartender asked, "what did you wish for?""I'll tell you one thing," the man replied, "it certainly wasn't a 12 inch PIANIST."
2011-02-04 9:58 AM
in reply to: #3339024

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Ha ha!!  Good one Tammy!!  Of course, WILSON wouldn't settle for 12"....
2011-02-04 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Haha! Good joke. It took me a minute though!
2011-02-04 5:42 PM

User image

Expert
Great pic, Jordie-- looks like an awfully familiar scenario, I have to say! Great joke, Tammy! *grins*

2011-02-04 7:20 PM
in reply to: #3339050

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-02-04 10:58 AM Ha ha!!  Good one Tammy!!  Of course, WILSON wouldn't settle for 12"....

No way, that's not even respectable!!!  You might as well take your toy home....who'd wanna play with dat!!! haha  The treadmill is calling me.......not sure I'm hearing it!!!!  I need to change and go down there!!!!!  oh, man.....need motivation!!!!  Went to Burger King tonight....yeah....BK.....fatty goodness YUM.  I had the new stuffed something jalapeno burger.....had a coupon so I had to do it.....Now I need to run....will food settle...or should I just run real hard so I puke it up?????  UGH......Demons are all over my shoulders....HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  I need to put the kiddos to bed in 5 minutes....then what??? haha
2011-02-04 7:22 PM
in reply to: #3338391

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Jordie, nice picture!!!  I'm sure you were looking for a cross training opportunity....WELL, there it is!!!!!!  I chipped ice....nothing compared to that mess!!!  
2011-02-04 7:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Can you find the three wishes????

2011-02-04 9:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Where do you find this stuff? Lol!
2011-02-04 10:09 PM
in reply to: #3340135

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
jordiebrigs - 2011-02-04 10:56 PM Where do you find this stuff? Lol!

Hilde sent me the key words to search....you know her....I think Marsha was involved some how, but I'm not sure....And I know Turtle was involved....she was the "sleeper" in this operation...I just did as I was told....No culpability on my part!   And now I wonder what your involvement was.....hmmmmm...I think this was a trick question......WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR???????

Edited by wsilverthorne 2011-02-04 10:12 PM

2011-02-04 10:11 PM
in reply to: #3340135

User image

Extreme Veteran
jordiebrigs - 2011-02-04 8:56 PMWhere do you find this stuff? Lol!
We're not supposed to ask those questions, Jordie! Some sites are only meant for people like Wilson and Hilde!
2011-02-04 10:14 PM
in reply to: #3340144

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
tstl - 2011-02-04 11:11 PM
jordiebrigs - 2011-02-04 8:56 PMWhere do you find this stuff? Lol!
We're not supposed to ask those questions, Jordie! Some sites are only meant for people like Wilson and Hilde!

I'd like to see your search history....little Missy!!!!  I'll bet it's not ALL superwoman Tri stuff!!!! 
2011-02-04 10:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Ha! Nice try, Wilson. Trying to blame poor Hilde, Marsha and Turtle. We all know how saintly they are.
2011-02-05 7:27 AM
in reply to: #3340161

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Just like Wilson to try and tarnish my halo....
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70