BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dangremond's April 2009 Mentor TEAM - CLOSED (WE'RE BUSY WORKIN' IT!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 28

2009-06-24 1:48 PM
in reply to: #2070412

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Subject: RE: Dangremond's April 2009 Mentor TEAM - CLOSED (WE'RE BUSY WORKIN' IT!)
Another non-tri related post, but much lighter than the last...  Attached is a Fajita recipe that I enjoy, and if you like fajitas (or know what they are) Then I offer this to you to try.  It works great on Chicken, Pork and Beef...   see attached and enjoy!

(fajita recipe.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
fajita recipe.jpg (96KB - 12 downloads)

2009-06-24 1:59 PM
in reply to: #2240295

Regular
Newport Beach
Subject: RE: Dangremond's April 2009 Mentor TEAM - CLOSED (WE'RE BUSY WORKIN' IT!)

Trin2bfast - 2009-06-24 1:48 PM Another non-tri related post, but much lighter than the last...  Attached is a Fajita recipe that I enjoy, and if you like fajitas (or know what they are) Then I offer this to you to try.  It works great on Chicken, Pork and Beef...   see attached and enjoy!    ***Ensure that the meat has been run through the tenderizer machine.

Tenderizer Machine available at extra cost:
Rocky-movie-bh07.jpg

2009-06-24 6:23 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
I guess that spicy Texas food goes well with that hot weather.  I saw on the Weather Channel, 106 degrees in Houston when factoring in humidity!  My heart rate would be working overtime!!
2009-06-24 9:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
I am so sorry for the loss of your fellow officer.  I was crime reporter here for 16 years.  Many of the policemen who now run things were my best sources when we were all just starting out.  I know what they go through, what their families go through.  They aren't paid nearly enough nor receive the recognition they deserve.  Firemen too, soliders too.

Dewcubs, you'll probably kick my butt on the swim and the run.  The swim, I'm so so.  I get through it OK and won't lose a lot of time there.  The run, eh.  But, say hi when you go breezing by at mile 5. 

Seriously, Dewcubs, my name is Scott Richardson, outdoor editor of the Pantagraph in Bloomington, IL.  Phone me if you want at 309-820-3227 or (800) 747-7323, ext. 227 (both work) or 309-275-7120 (cell.)  I'd love to meet you. If you've never been here, maybe I can help you with local information you may need. Where are you from?  It's not on your bio.  You also can find me on Face Book listed under Champaign, Il.  Actually, I'd love to hear from you all.  
2009-06-25 4:58 AM

Freeland
Sorry for the loss of one of your brothers.  He is in my prayers.

Ice Man how far are you away from Chicago?  The wife keeps bugging me about going.  She has been there before but I have never.

Jota, nice pic  It made me want to go out and get a workout in. Nice. Love the Rocky movies.
2009-06-25 9:55 AM

User image

Let me first say THANK YOU! for the kind words and prayers.  It is greatly appreciated!

On a lighter note...

Yes, it is brutally HOT...  104 actual temp (record breaker) and a heat index of 108!  It was 93 at 11am!  I truly do not remember it ever being this HOT in June...ever!  This is August weather!

Great pic Jota!  I am hummin' the theme as I type!

I will be off tomorrow, packing gear, cleaning and checking the bike, double and triple checking the gear... I am taking my boys to see Transformers, then it will be time to kick back, feet up, light stretching and continue hydrating!  I am heading out to Lubbock... 8hr drive Saturday at 6am.  I hope to get in the lake Saturday evening...water temp is supposed to be between 66-68 (spring fed lake, hence the cooler water).   I am very excited to be doing an M-dot sanctioned event...nervous about the 200 man wave swim start (35-39 largest wave)...and the heat then the hills!  I know once I get to racing, I'll be okay... it's the anticpation that is the worst!  It's like playing football... you are nervous until that first hit... Then it's ON!!!

Thanks for all of y'alls inspires and well wishes for Sunday.  I will have fun, regardless of the speed at which I race!  There is a pretty large group from Houston racing, so that always makes it better!

Jeff & Linda ~ Y'all have a great race too... have fun and race hard if the course, your body and the weather permits! 

Jon ~ keep the faith, stay positive and the training will work its way back into your schedule!  Either way, use the upcoming race as an opportunity to learn, have fun and watch Scott show the youngtsers how it's done!

Have a great weekend gang!  I will get to a RR as soon as possible. 

Thanks again for your paryers for the fallen hero and his family.    God's speed.     

2009-06-25 10:07 AM
in reply to: #2242244

User image

Veteran
Elizabethtown, KY

Oh, and in case you didn't notice the above - Justin is racing a HIM!!!!!!!

That's 70.3 miles!!!!

In the heat!!!!

Good luck man!!!

2009-06-25 11:47 AM

User image

Veteran
Wow...I had a lot to catch up on with you guys.  I have missed you all and I am ready for action, as ....SCHOOOOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMAH!!!  I appreciate the inspires as the end of the year (as Linda can attest to) can be phenomenally overwhelming and busy.  Now I can concentrate more on my health and fitness.  I will still have to be creative, as I'll have my 4-year-old full time this summer, but I'll have more energy and time to plan various attacks.  I can also involve her in some of my training (pulling the bike trailer) and a local friend has said I could come swim laps in her pool (and skip the 25 min each way car trip to my YMCA). So, things are looking up.  I have a possible race this weekend.  Just a 3.5 mile "fun run" but it is significant because I ran that race last year as my very first race EVER and I can compare fitness levels  At this time last year I was just barely able to run 2 miles!  I did the C25K program.  Now I'm up to 8!

Justin, I am so sorry for your loss. Your friend and his family will certainly be in my prayers.

Jota - you look amazing...what an inspiration

Iceman - thanks for keeping up the good fight.  You make me see what's possible

Dangremond - Holy crow...I hope it's nothing serious

Jeff & Linda - good luck on your races!

Dewcubs - way to not give up...and run in 95 degree weather! WHEW!

Jon - nice week this week!

Phil - are you here?
2009-06-25 1:11 PM
in reply to: #2241422

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scott,

Ill give you a buzz....I am a "townie".  Graduated Normal Community (when there was just one!!!) and work at, you guessed it, State Farm.  My name is Dewey Wills.  I will have to check out my Bio I thought I filled that stuff out.  I plan on doing the open water swim at Miller Park since I just joined the tri-sharks.  Have you done that swim yet?  My work number is 309-766-9111 and cell is 309-275-3969.

Look forward to meeting you!!

2009-06-25 2:37 PM

User image

Master
Just thought I'd share another bit of news that whacked me in the face three days before my race last weekend.  Last Wednesday (though I had suspected it since last Monday) my wife and I discovered that we were expecting our third child.  Complete surprise, never thought it would happen and we were on the doorstep of permanently closing that door forever.  Still early (7.5 weeks) but boy was I in a fog all last week and weekend.  Still a bit shocked.  But, couldn't be happier.  Those who are wondering, my wife and I have a 10.5 year old and 7 year old (both girls).

Edited by dangremond 2009-06-25 2:38 PM
2009-06-25 2:54 PM
in reply to: #2243234

User image

dangremond - 2009-06-25 2:37 PM Just thought I'd share another bit of news that whacked me in the face three days before my race last weekend.  Last Wednesday (though I had suspected it since last Monday) my wife and I discovered that we were expecting our third child.  Complete surprise, never thought it would happen and we were on the doorstep of permanently closing that door forever.  Still early (7.5 weeks) but boy was I in a fog all last week and weekend.  Still a bit shocked.  But, couldn't be happier.  Those who are wondering, my wife and I have a 10.5 year old and 7 year old (both girls).

WOW!  wooo hooo! Congrats to you & your bride Mitch!  Great news, please keep us posted, and we will keep y'all in our daily prayers. 

Grace ~ wooo hooo for schools end!  Enjoy your summer break ~ and I hope you have a great run this weekend!  You got this one ~ easy money!

2009-06-25 3:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Elizabethtown, KY

dangremond - 2009-06-25 3:37 PM Just thought I'd share another bit of news that whacked me in the face three days before my race last weekend.  Last Wednesday (though I had suspected it since last Monday) my wife and I discovered that we were expecting our third child.  Complete surprise, never thought it would happen and we were on the doorstep of permanently closing that door forever.  Still early (7.5 weeks) but boy was I in a fog all last week and weekend.  Still a bit shocked.  But, couldn't be happier.  Those who are wondering, my wife and I have a 10.5 year old and 7 year old (both girls).

9 months to fit in a HIM!!!!

Seriously, though, congratulations!  Good luck to you and your wife!

2009-06-25 3:04 PM

Freeland
Congrats Mitch, It only gets easier with the more you have right lol

Have fun this weekend racers.
2009-06-25 3:25 PM
in reply to: #2243318

User image

Master
roch1009 - 2009-06-25 3:00 PM

dangremond - 2009-06-25 3:37 PM Just thought I'd share another bit of news that whacked me in the face three days before my race last weekend.  Last Wednesday (though I had suspected it since last Monday) my wife and I discovered that we were expecting our third child.  Complete surprise, never thought it would happen and we were on the doorstep of permanently closing that door forever.  Still early (7.5 weeks) but boy was I in a fog all last week and weekend.  Still a bit shocked.  But, couldn't be happier.  Those who are wondering, my wife and I have a 10.5 year old and 7 year old (both girls).

9 months to fit in a HIM!!!!

Seriously, though, congratulations!  Good luck to you and your wife!

Yea, I was planning on trying a HIM by the end of next year.  Committed to my wife I wouldn't pursue this year because there was way too much to do on the house.  Now we're looking at selling and moving to a better location and little bigger house...so all my tri-training and aspirations are in flux.  I'd like to still do another tri this fall..not sure if it will be a sprint or olympic.  Still planning on doing the Detroit Half Marathon.  After those two events we'll see.  Lots of moving pieces...it enough to make your head spin.
2009-06-25 7:35 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Congratulations Mitch! 
The Detroit Half sounds interesting, I will have to look that one up.  I need to visit some of my relatives soon and they all live in Detroit suburbs.
2009-06-26 1:11 PM
in reply to: #2243859

User image

Master
The Detroit Free Press Half Marathon is a great cool race.  There is a full marathon as well.  You start out in downtown, end up running across the Ambassador Bridge to Canada, run along the Detroit River in Canada, come back to the USA through the tunnel under the river, run a bit more around downtown and finish.  Very well organized and really fun!

2009-06-26 1:22 PM
in reply to: #2245784

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ahh Mitch just one more to go and you can catch up to us!!!!  Don't worry going from 2 to 3 is easier than 1 to 2!!!  

CONGRATS!!!!
2009-06-26 1:23 PM

Regular
Newport Beach

dangremond - 2009-06-25 2:37 PM Just thought I'd share another bit of news that whacked me in the face three days before my race last weekend.  Last Wednesday (though I had suspected it since last Monday) my wife and I discovered that we were expecting our third child.  Complete surprise, never thought it would happen and we were on the doorstep of permanently closing that door forever.  Still early (7.5 weeks) but boy was I in a fog all last week and weekend.  Still a bit shocked.  But, couldn't be happier.  Those who are wondering, my wife and I have a 10.5 year old and 7 year old (both girls).

Amazing news, Mitch.  Congratulations to you and your family.  When our third daughter arrived, we had to switch to zone defense, rather than man-to-man.Smile

But with the age spread, you might not have to resort to such drastic measures.  Plus, looks like you will have a dedicated baby-sitter in a couple of years.  I imagine that the thought of going back to diapers and sleepless nights is a bit of a shock though...Also, if you are able to continue with the mentor groups, you'll probably have to change the tag line from "We're busy workin' it!" to "Sssshhhh!!!! Baby is  sleeping!"

Congrats again.  Lots of changes in store for you, but all of them good!

2009-06-26 1:28 PM
in reply to: #2245835

Regular
Newport Beach
dewcubs - 2009-06-26 1:22 PM Ahh Mitch just one more to go and you can catch up to us!!!!  Don't worry going from 2 to 3 is easier than 1 to 2!!!  

CONGRATS!!!!

Really?  With us it was more of the "remember how easy it was when there were just 2?  Or even, remember how good we had it when it was just one?"

2009-06-27 8:08 AM
in reply to: #2245862

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oh yeah, the 1 to 2 was the hardest...you thought you didnt have any free time with one but when the second arrived you realized you used to have some LOL!!!  2 to 3 and 3 to 4 wasn't bad at all.  Although it is harder to go out and run errands with more but like you said with the age differences Mitch has it shouldn't be as bad
2009-06-27 6:54 PM
in reply to: #2246976

User image

Veteran
Congratulations, Mitch. Holy smokes. I just have one and it is a struggle getting any workout time in at all.  I'm wildly impressed by you guys  I'm also looking forward to Linda & Jeff's race reports!  I wrote a bit about my race today on my TL.  It went alright but I'm not thrilled about the time...I go faster in practice runs!  But alas, I was minus one very stimulating iPod   Have a great rest of your weekend, everyone! Trot on, cycle on, and swim your hearts out

2009-06-27 8:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Awesome Mitch!  As one who only helped raise step children (lost two in pregnancy years ago) I can think of no greater blessing.  I've wished someone would ring my doorbell and say, Ah, excuse me, are you Scott?  Well do you remember Barb, Kathy, Diane, Penny, insert a name? (Well it was the Free Love Generation! and Women's Lib time.  I tried to liberate as many women as I could!)  "Well," he or she would continue, "You are my dad."  That would be so cool.  But, I've enjoyed the step daughters I've had over the years. 

Dewey: Damn small world we live in.  I write for the Pantagraph.  Scott Richardson.  I think I gave you the numbers.  Home email and you all can use it, [email protected].  I'm on Face Book as Scott Richardson from Champaign-Urbana.  They don't give Bloomington our own network.  All you, feel free to find me there.  Grace is already a "friend."  Great way to keep in daily touch.

Yes, I've been swimming at WOWS at Miller Park.  Great training.  Same as race day.  600 yard course with pylons.  Swim as many circuits as you want.  Water was hot last week.  I think you can leave the wetsuit at home.

2:30 blazing bike ride today followed by a 45 min run, in which I incorporated a mile around the Relay for Life track.  They were doing it just a mile from here, so I ran there, made the donation, ran the mile and home.  Felt great to do.

I'm reading Johan Bruynell's book We Might As Well Win.  Great read.  Lots of good stuff on motivation, determination, his relationship with Lance, race strategy and more. 

I hope you all have a great Sunday!  I'm scheduled for three hours endurance ride.

Edited by IceManScott 2009-06-29 7:29 AM
2009-06-29 2:07 PM
in reply to: #2247761

Regular
Newport Beach

I've updated my log with a draft schedule of events that I'd like to participate in.  My wife is a physician finishing her residency (fellowship) training - she's a bit offcycle due to maternity leave and switches clinical locations every 3 months or so.  With no family in the area for kid back-up, its difficult to schedule things far out in the distance and each rotation has its own work/call schedule that doesn't get finalized basically until the first day she show's up for duty.  I'm hoping that I get the chance to do the majority of these.  I'm also planning on taking my oldest daughter to some of the local runs that sponsor the kids 1k races.  She loves getting medals and ribbons - each one that I've seen guarantees that result.  Plus, she loves running and is fast.  Other girls can't keep up with her and she drops boys right and left during her soccer practice.  I wish I could get some of her speed!

2009-06-29 8:43 PM
in reply to: #2250839

User image

Veteran
Jota - great idea involving the kids!  My bike is getting a tune up now (my friend who's a big deal biker around here is checking in on "her" to make sure only the best work on her and I'm thinking of pulling my little one in the bike trailer tomorrow.  It's supposed to be a 1 hour bike ride for me and I'm thinkin' I'll be lucky if I get 30 minutes in. But as always, something is better than nothing.
2009-06-30 10:22 AM

User image

Hey group... I just got back to a computer this AM, so I am running behind on the posts.  Here is my race report.  Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and inspires!  It was tough course...and I do not envy you folks who have to bike and run up and down REAL hills.  Those steep inclines at BSLT were not much fun for this flatlander.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=167075
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dangremond's April 2009 Mentor TEAM - CLOSED (WE'RE BUSY WORKIN' IT!) Rss Feed  

of 28