BT Development Mentor Program Archives » STEPH SPRINT FULL Let's do this thing! StephSprint group FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 45

2012-05-09 5:29 PM
in reply to: #4128264

User image

New user
Miami
Subject: RE: STEPH SPRINT FULL Let's do this thing! StephSprint group FULL!
Well just got the computer back from Geek Squad and finial got to see the doctor about my ankle. I broke it several years ago and did not know it, nice. Well now I have arthritis in my foot and have been on crutches for the last few days. So next up is the MRI and see where to go from there. I am still doing my Sprint on the 20th of May. I might be walking by the end but I will Finish.

2012-05-09 9:04 PM

User image

Regular
LaPorte, IN

Ok, have to confess...I have been cheating on my quiting smoking.  But as of today, I have 2 days cigarette free.  I think I have it beat.  I have will power now, and finaly have a reason of my own to quit, not someone elses reason.

So todays work out was amazing.  Cant believe how much more energy I have with only 2 days smoke free.  Did a 2 minute jog/2 minute walk for 3 miles.  I did it in 40 minutes.  I cant believe it!  Still was winded at times, but 10 minutes after the workout, I felt great.  Loving the feeling.

2012-05-09 10:00 PM
in reply to: #4199387

Veteran
deehtz - 2012-05-09 6:58 AM

I have a 10k this weekend.  I leave tomorrow to head over (about 6-7 hours away.)  We are turning it into a mini-vacation.  One more long day at work to get thru and then I can get ready to leave.  We won't come back until Monday.  Smile

I am feeling pretty good about the distance and even the hills.  I am slower than I wanted, but that's nothing new!  However, I was looking at the age group times from last year.  If there is about the same group, I might medal.  hee hee

At my last tri, I medaled because I was the only female in my age group! 50-55

Good Luck!  Enjoy the extended weekend

2012-05-09 10:05 PM

Veteran
So I have been having an interesting week.  I can totally relate to the fact that it is draaaaaging on forever.  Earlier this week I had the brilliant idea of doing steps after my core workout.  My knees haven't recovered yet.  It is like the knee joint itself hurts -  not just sore muscles.  Can't even do any type of squats.  Looks like motrin for a few more days.  Hopefully it will go away soon.
2012-05-10 4:08 AM
in reply to: #4201275

User image

New user
Stonington, CT

To say this week is dragging is an understatement-

I've had a head cold that turned into a sinus infection and have been a big mucous head for the last week- needless to say, haven't been working out much.  Tomorrow morning I hope to get some spinning time in, see how I feel.

Evan more that makes the week drag- we're going to Disney on Saturday, and it cannot come  soon enough, we are so excited!

Bridget

2012-05-10 4:12 AM
in reply to: #4201206

User image

New user
Stonington, CT
oak73 - 2012-05-09 10:04 PM

Ok, have to confess...I have been cheating on my quiting smoking.  But as of today, I have 2 days cigarette free.  I think I have it beat.  I have will power now, and finaly have a reason of my own to quit, not someone elses reason.

So todays work out was amazing.  Cant believe how much more energy I have with only 2 days smoke free.  Did a 2 minute jog/2 minute walk for 3 miles.  I did it in 40 minutes.  I cant believe it!  Still was winded at times, but 10 minutes after the workout, I felt great.  Loving the feeling.

Oak, I've worked with patients who have quit alcohol, heroin, meth, pot, etc but have the most trouble with the cigarettes, it is not easy so don't beat yourself up for backsliding, keep moving forward and know it can be done!  

2012-05-10 12:20 PM

User image

South East England

Can I be your friend?

I'd love to get to know you better?

Would you add me to your friend list?

Lisa x

2012-05-10 3:43 PM
in reply to: #4199387

User image

Veteran
Medford Lakes, NJ
deehtz - 2012-05-09 9:58 AM

I have a 10k this weekend.  I leave tomorrow to head over (about 6-7 hours away.)  We are turning it into a mini-vacation.  One more long day at work to get thru and then I can get ready to leave.  We won't come back until Monday.  Smile

I am feeling pretty good about the distance and even the hills.  I am slower than I wanted, but that's nothing new!  However, I was looking at the age group times from last year.  If there is about the same group, I might medal.  hee hee

At my last tri, I medaled because I was the only female in my age group! 50-55

Good Luck Dee!

2012-05-11 7:47 AM

User image

Colorado

I know it's only Friday, but I'm ready for the weekend NOW! This week of training has kicked my butt and I'm ready for an awesome weekend. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm doing a 5k (that ends with fries and beer that would make me sick, but I'll share them with my husband!). Then I'm hoping someone lets me sleep in and brings me a yummy breakfast for Mother's Day!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

2012-05-11 11:10 AM

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
This week has been light training due to schedule conflict and hubby traveling. He is on travel next week too. I need to find a way to get my workouts in. I can't seem to follow any type of workout.

I am writing out what I am going to do for the next week and try my best to stick to it.
2012-05-11 11:44 AM

User image

Veteran
Medford Lakes, NJ

YAY!!! Friday!!!! If Friday was a girl I would kiss her right now.

Amy

Good Luck on your race!

Happy Mother's day to all the mommies in the group. 

Have a happy weekend everyone!

2012-05-11 1:59 PM
in reply to: #4204582

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lovey - 2012-05-11 12:10 PM

This week has been light training due to schedule conflict and hubby traveling. He is on travel next week too. I need to find a way to get my workouts in. I can't seem to follow any type of workout.

I am writing out what I am going to do for the next week and try my best to stick to it.

So you have extra things to do when he's traveling? What's the biggest obstacle?
2012-05-11 2:01 PM
in reply to: #4204074

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
amybecca - 2012-05-11 8:47 AM

I know it's only Friday, but I'm ready for the weekend NOW! This week of training has kicked my butt and I'm ready for an awesome weekend. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm doing a 5k (that ends with fries and beer that would make me sick, but I'll share them with my husband!). Then I'm hoping someone lets me sleep in and brings me a yummy breakfast for Mother's Day!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Good luck on Mother's day... and on your 5k! I'm always amazed at the people who can drink beer after a morning race!!!

I have the ALS 10k tomorrow. It's a really good race. My 2nd 10k. I am not ready, but I figure I'll just jog the thing to get a workout it. It's always nice to be able to run with the traffic blocked off.
2012-05-11 2:03 PM
in reply to: #4202521

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
making_tracks - 2012-05-10 1:20 PM

Can I be your friend?

I'd love to get to know you better?

Would you add me to your friend list?

Lisa x

Added... not sure where I messed that one up!
2012-05-11 2:16 PM
in reply to: #4200763

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
garylandry - 2012-05-09 6:29 PM

Well just got the computer back from Geek Squad and finial got to see the doctor about my ankle. I broke it several years ago and did not know it, nice. Well now I have arthritis in my foot and have been on crutches for the last few days. So next up is the MRI and see where to go from there. I am still doing my Sprint on the 20th of May. I might be walking by the end but I will Finish.

Wow! well hopefully they'll give you some answers. make sure you get a second opinion if anyone wants to do any cutting.
2012-05-11 2:17 PM
in reply to: #4201206

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
oak73 - 2012-05-09 10:04 PM

You'll get addicted to feeling all studley... and smelling good.

2012-05-11 2:18 PM
in reply to: #4201440

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Zbridget - 2012-05-10 5:08 AM

To say this week is dragging is an understatement-

I've had a head cold that turned into a sinus infection and have been a big mucous head for the last week- needless to say, haven't been working out much.  Tomorrow morning I hope to get some spinning time in, see how I feel.

Evan more that makes the week drag- we're going to Disney on Saturday, and it cannot come  soon enough, we are so excited!

Bridget

Well enjoy Disney! Have you ever tried a Neti Pot?
2012-05-11 2:19 PM
in reply to: #4201275

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Threejs - 2012-05-09 11:05 PM

So I have been having an interesting week.  I can totally relate to the fact that it is draaaaaging on forever.  Earlier this week I had the brilliant idea of doing steps after my core workout.  My knees haven't recovered yet.  It is like the knee joint itself hurts -  not just sore muscles.  Can't even do any type of squats.  Looks like motrin for a few more days.  Hopefully it will go away soon.

Steps?
2012-05-11 2:52 PM
in reply to: #4205049

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
stephsprint - 2012-05-11 2:59 PM

So you have extra things to do when he's traveling? What's the biggest obstacle?

When my hubby is in town, he takes the boys to practice on certain days so I can do my 2 weekday group runs. Otherwise my evenings are packed full of practices and games. Some games are near my job which are 30 miles away. I have to drive 30 miles home, grabbed the boys, turn around and drive 20-25 miles in rush hour to the game. Usually my hubby just brings them and I meet them there. I tried working out during practice but my older one practices in a neighborhood that my hubby only made it one block before turning around and saying "ooh noo". My younger one is 9, I just feel uncomfortable just taking off. This week at practiced I walked a path around the nearby school and field. It's .4 miles but i think I can get a 3 mile run in. This is lacrosse and I will not run around the field itself because of flying ball that might hit me in the head. Lax balls are as hard as golf balls. I try not to do anything if it's a game because I want to see them play.

I take spin and bodysculpt at work but the schedule changes monthly and I am only in that location 3x a week. This month, i am spinning mondays (45mins) and Fridays (30mins) as long as I call to get in on time.

Honestly, my best workouts are in the morning. Pre-fall 2011, I was in the gym or outside working out 6 days a week at 5:30am. I felt great and fit. I dropped weight going from size 18 to size 12. Since the fall, getting up takes all the mental strength i have to get me up. I really missed that person I was. I am back up to a size 14.

I am trying to keep a positive outlook and be optimistic. Instead of thinking about my training and how far I have to go, I am going to re-focus just on the week ahead.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can get my groove back.
2012-05-11 3:02 PM
in reply to: #4205204

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lovey - 2012-05-11 3:52 PM

stephsprint - 2012-05-11 2:59 PM

When my hubby is in town, he takes the boys to practice on certain days so I can do my 2 weekday group runs. Otherwise my evenings are packed full of practices and games. Some games are near my job which are 30 miles away. I have to drive 30 miles home, grabbed the boys, turn around and drive 20-25 miles in rush hour to the game. Usually my hubby just brings them and I meet them there. I tried working out during practice but my older one practices in a neighborhood that my hubby only made it one block before turning around and saying "ooh noo". My younger one is 9, I just feel uncomfortable just taking off. This week at practiced I walked a path around the nearby school and field. It's .4 miles but i think I can get a 3 mile run in. This is lacrosse and I will not run around the field itself because of flying ball that might hit me in the head. Lax balls are as hard as golf balls. I try not to do anything if it's a game because I want to see them play.

I take spin and bodysculpt at work but the schedule changes monthly and I am only in that location 3x a week. This month, i am spinning mondays (45mins) and Fridays (30mins) as long as I call to get in on time.

Honestly, my best workouts are in the morning. Pre-fall 2011, I was in the gym or outside working out 6 days a week at 5:30am. I felt great and fit. I dropped weight going from size 18 to size 12. Since the fall, getting up takes all the mental strength i have to get me up. I really missed that person I was. I am back up to a size 14.

I am trying to keep a positive outlook and be optimistic. Instead of thinking about my training and how far I have to go, I am going to re-focus just on the week ahead.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can get my groove back.

Sometimes you just have to deal with what life throws at you. You have a good attitude. If you can't exercise, you have to skip some of the calories. That's all. You'll be fine. We are the same size. Let's ditch these fat clothes!!
2012-05-11 6:43 PM
in reply to: #4205094

User image

New user
Miami
garylandry - 2012-05-09 6:29 PM

Wow! well hopefully they'll give you some answers. make sure you get a second opinion if anyone wants to do any cutting.
-----
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
Beverly Sills

No Cutting yet but he did talk about it. I am going for the MRI on Wednesday and will go from there. Riding with everglades cycling club tomorrow so ready to get back on the bike. Will need some running in this weekend cause the race is next Sunday.

2012-05-12 7:56 AM

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Got up super early for a 5 mile run. I did the first 2.5 loop with a friend who has never ran 2.5 miles straight but she did today because I refused to stop. The second loop, I slowed down on the last mile but the first 1.5 mile of the 2nd loop I was running with someone much faster and thought I would die. I pulled back on the last mile so I could breathe! It felt so good to get out there.

Tomorrow is an eay 10 mile bike ride on my favorite route. It will be really early as I have mother's day breakfast at 8:30 at church where all the men cook and serve us.
2012-05-12 9:12 AM
in reply to: #4206024

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lovey - 2012-05-12 8:56 AM

Got up super early for a 5 mile run. I did the first 2.5 loop with a friend who has never ran 2.5 miles straight but she did today because I refused to stop. The second loop, I slowed down on the last mile but the first 1.5 mile of the 2nd loop I was running with someone much faster and thought I would die. I pulled back on the last mile so I could breathe! It felt so good to get out there.

Tomorrow is an eay 10 mile bike ride on my favorite route. It will be really early as I have mother's day breakfast at 8:30 at church where all the men cook and serve us.

Sounds like my kinda breakfast! well done on that run!!
2012-05-12 9:14 AM

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Slept through the ALS 10k this morning... oops! I wasn't ready anyway, and the charity got my money... so I'm good.

Off to play 18 holes for the Broward Bar Association pre-law program at a school for less fortunate kids. Love this cause and I haven't see my golf friends since last summer! Should be fun.

Tomorrow's brick... 32 miles on the bike, followed by a 3 mile run. Gary.. you in? Cocoplum 7:00 to Blackpoint Marina.
2012-05-12 12:35 PM

User image

Colorado
Did the Flat Out 5k today in 31:05, good enough (just barely!) to qualify for a specific wave at the Bolder Boulder 10k in a two weeks.  More importantly, it's a PR, and I did it on my 32nd birthday, post two children. I feel AWESOME. My previous best time was in 2008 (33:13, and that was before kids!).
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » STEPH SPRINT FULL Let's do this thing! StephSprint group FULL! Rss Feed  

of 45