BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-02-06 8:42 PM
in reply to: cheekymonkeys1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

I went to the pool this am. I thought of you guys the WHOLE swim. Why? The guy in the lane next to me was wearing red.... not speedos, red Jammers. Oh man. I wanted to ask him 'WHY?????": Could see every rumble in that jungle.

I'm almost sworn off swimming now.

Three-quarter catch up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv3H_lB1f4

2014-02-06 8:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

LMAO!!!

Could see every rumble in that jungle. I'm almost sworn off swimming now.

2014-02-06 8:49 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

White tri shorts on the bike are just as bad when you can see someone's hairy butt crack as they pass you! Eeek!

2014-02-06 9:20 PM
in reply to: #4920811

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Thanks, Scott. I'm going to take a look now.

Simone, a few months ago I was out running with a friend at 5:30 am. She's a runner, not a triathlete, so didn't have a clue about the usual undergarment atire for tri shorts. A guy came running towards us wearing white tri shorts.
"Is he? is he wearing....?"
"Yup, they're white tri shorts"
"But, he's like, well, ya know"
"Yup, naked. I know"

We still laugh about that run.
2014-02-06 9:24 PM
in reply to: #4945688

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
The 3/4 catch up looks very similar to catch up. Is she just not gliding for as long? And it looks as though she pulls just a hair before the 2nd hand dips in?
2014-02-06 9:31 PM

Is that the Memphis in May Tri? That's my hometown and the swim is just a few miles from my parents house! If you'd like the best BBQ post race meal ever, I'd be glad to point you in the right direction

On a not so fun note, I tweaked my knee during my run yesterday. Came around a corner and had to suddenly dodge a kid on a bike. Didn't notice it at first, finished the run fine, but last night had some pain behind the knee and this morning it was worse. Iced it this morning. It's not terrible, I can walk fine without a limp, but there is a little pain. Was planning on going for my first open water swim this afternoon, and I think I'll be ok for it, but probably will take tomorrow off (had a run planned) and then see how it is. Any thoughts?

Kat, don't say that!! I am going down to TN for my first race in Mid May. I hope it's warmed up by then. If not, I may just lead the cheer squad lol

2014-02-06 11:17 PM

User image

Regular
Sweet, Simone!
2014-02-06 11:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

OMG, that is frightful, lmao!

Now if it were KC in a red speedo! Haha. Tim needs to fill the new members in on the red speedo, all these jokes and they are being left out of the party.

Simone, a few months ago I was out running with a friend at 5:30 am. She's a runner, not a triathlete, so didn't have a clue about the usual undergarment atire for tri shorts. A guy came running towards us wearing white tri shorts. "Is he? is he wearing....?" "Yup, they're white tri shorts" "But, he's like, well, ya know" "Yup, naked. I know" We still laugh about that run.

2014-02-07 12:00 AM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Cheers Todd, I am super psyched!

Originally posted by ettringite23 Sweet, Simone!

2014-02-07 12:00 AM

User image

Expert
Yes they are called Febrile Convulsion. we just have to be extremely careful when he has a fever now since we know that he can spike very fast.

Tim, was it called a febrile convulsion? If so, Sophie had one when she was around 4. They are really scary. Thank goodness Miles is ok. I'm sure it shook you guys up pretty well.

Simone, that's great news!

Nate, where in NHare you going? I used to live in NH and know it pretty well, so I may be able to direct you to water.
2014-02-07 12:02 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
The only thing worse than the white tri shorts is the one piece white tri suit. At what point do you put that on and look in the mirror and think it is ok to go out in public - and that is before you are a sweaty mess.

I got a new laptop a few months ago so I actually had to search for this pic. basically the point is don't wear red bike/tri shorts haha. Somehow the running joke has evolved into red speedos which I even believe has recently turned into red thong speedos....

Simone, a few months ago I was out running with a friend at 5:30 am. She's a runner, not a triathlete, so didn't have a clue about the usual undergarment atire for tri shorts. A guy came running towards us wearing white tri shorts.
"Yup, naked. I know"

Edited by tmoran80 2014-02-07 12:07 AM

(red bike shorts.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
red bike shorts.jpg (13KB - 3 downloads)

2014-02-07 12:09 AM
in reply to: murdock

User image

Expert
I would take an extra day off - maybe swap for an extra swim day or something low impact. hope everything turns out ok.

Originally posted by murdock

Is that the Memphis in May Tri? That's my hometown and the swim is just a few miles from my parents house! If you'd like the best BBQ post race meal ever, I'd be glad to point you in the right direction

On a not so fun note, I tweaked my knee during my run yesterday. Came around a corner and had to suddenly dodge a kid on a bike. Didn't notice it at first, finished the run fine, but last night had some pain behind the knee and this morning it was worse. Iced it this morning. It's not terrible, I can walk fine without a limp, but there is a little pain. Was planning on going for my first open water swim this afternoon, and I think I'll be ok for it, but probably will take tomorrow off (had a run planned) and then see how it is. Any thoughts?

Kat, don't say that!! I am going down to TN for my first race in Mid May. I hope it's warmed up by then. If not, I may just lead the cheer squad lol

2014-02-07 8:40 AM

User image

Veteran
Boulder
Hilarious! I bet it was like a train wreck...you just couldn't stop looking even though you wanted to.

I went to the pool this am. I thought of you guys the WHOLE swim. Why? The guy in the lane next to me was wearing red.... not speedos, red Jammers. Oh man. I wanted to ask him 'WHY?????": Could see every rumble in that jungle.

2014-02-07 8:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Boulder
I totally agree Simone! I saw quite a few of them last season. Yikes.

Originally posted by kruzmeister

White tri shorts on the bike are just as bad when you can see someone's hairy butt crack as they pass you! Eeek!

2014-02-07 10:17 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Way to go Simone. Consider it done!

KC

Originally posted by kruzmeister

I got in, Challenge Melbourne 2015 here I come!

KC, when you get the chance can you add it to my name on the race list, it's being held on the 1st February 2015. Cheers.

Oh and you can scrub Shep 70.3 off, I wont be doing that now till the end of next year. Thanks heaps.

2014-02-07 10:17 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Updated race list.

(As of Feb7RFPScheduledEvents.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
As of Feb7RFPScheduledEvents.jpg (111KB - 3 downloads)

2014-02-07 10:18 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
LOVE IT

2014-02-07 10:19 AM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Looks like perfect Total Immersion swimming to me - great front quadrant swimming.

KC

Originally posted by IceManScott

Three-quarter catch up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv3H_lB1f4
2014-02-07 10:23 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Tim - thanks for not using the photo shopped version with me in it

Of course, feel free to post that version again - as long as you do a bit more photo shopping - if you know what I mean

KC

Originally posted by tmoran80

The only thing worse than the white tri shorts is the one piece white tri suit. At what point do you put that on and look in the mirror and think it is ok to go out in public - and that is before you are a sweaty mess.

I got a new laptop a few months ago so I actually had to search for this pic. basically the point is don't wear red bike/tri shorts haha. Somehow the running joke has evolved into red speedos which I even believe has recently turned into red thong speedos....

"Yup, naked. I know"

2014-02-07 10:25 AM
in reply to: murdock

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Take your time and let it rest.

KC

Originally posted by murdock

2014-02-07 10:32 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Ok Team. Hope everyone is well. Swimming here at the college at noon - 2000 meters on tap. Then home for a run on the dreadmill while watching some of the opening ceremonies. Week four of training ends tomorrow with a 2 hour trainer ride. I have been able to do most of my workouts but have altered the swim distances a bit. The ones in my BT plan have been way to long for this early in my plan. I am struggling with my bike rides - getting my time in but not hitting my distances and my power sucks right now - will keep working on it I guess

Other than that - I guess everything is ok - a bit of a tough week but the weekend is on the horizon

Have a great weekend team - be safe and stay warm.

KC

PS - I will let you know if I see any red speedos in the pool today - other than mine of course

2014-02-07 5:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

The 3/4 catch up looks very similar to catch up. Is she just not gliding for as long? And it looks as though she pulls just a hair before the 2nd hand dips in?

The stroke is triggered when the hand is nearer the cheek rather than reaching both hands in front for a bit. It is very similar to the actual swim timing. That's the point - to get a swimmer to focus on the triggerpoint when the body roll releases the most energy. And as I said before, TI isn't that different than good traditional swim form but for the hand entering the water sooner. You still reach, catch, pull with the body roll with no head lifting to breathe. Also, pay attention to whether your hand pushes down at the beginning of the stroke or whether you are indeed pulling with your palm aimed directly behind you. Any downward force is wasted energy.

This is a Swim Smooth video on overgliding.

http://www.feelforthewater.com/2014/02/video-analysis-curing-overgl...

Edited by IceManScott 2014-02-07 5:46 PM
2014-02-08 11:24 AM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Great vid Scott.

KC

Originally posted by IceManScott

The stroke is triggered when the hand is nearer the cheek rather than reaching both hands in front for a bit. It is very similar to the actual swim timing. That's the point - to get a swimmer to focus on the triggerpoint when the body roll releases the most energy. And as I said before, TI isn't that different than good traditional swim form but for the hand entering the water sooner. You still reach, catch, pull with the body roll with no head lifting to breathe. Also, pay attention to whether your hand pushes down at the beginning of the stroke or whether you are indeed pulling with your palm aimed directly behind you. Any downward force is wasted energy.

This is a Swim Smooth video on overgliding.

http://www.feelforthewater.com/2014/02/video-analysis-curing-overgl...
2014-02-08 11:38 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
OK Team - Week four in the books - now for something really hard. I posted this challenge on facebook today but I wanted to share it with the rest of RFP.
Good luck and I hope you will join me. It is going to be tough but I think we can do it

KC

(naptime.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
naptime.jpg (61KB - 5 downloads)
2014-02-10 2:00 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey whats up? Is everyone napping?

Swim at 4 followed by a run then curling tonight.

KC
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 30795 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.