BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2010-06-14 8:36 PM
in reply to: #2921505

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED
Thanks for the coupon, Janet-- I got a roadID recently, so don't need a new one yet, but absolutely second your good opinion of them. Plus, they're so much easier to wear rather than taking a bulky wallet or any other kinds of ID with you!

Back in the pool tomorrow for me-- good as today is HOT and sunny here in SoCal.

Hope you've all had great Mondays!

Alex

2010-06-14 8:48 PM
in reply to: #2778561

User image

Veteran
Way to go Alex!!!!

Janet - too funny, I was just coming on to post a coupon code. I too, had a tag on my running shoe and just ordered (and received) my bracelet to wear while riding I got orange just for fun!

I just got my new running shoes tonight - can't wait to try them out tomorrow...oh the little things! LOL!
2010-06-15 6:12 AM
in reply to: #2921689

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
PTWykes - 2010-06-14 9:48 PM Way to go Alex!!!!

Janet - too funny, I was just coming on to post a coupon code. I too, had a tag on my running shoe and just ordered (and received) my bracelet to wear while riding I got orange just for fun!

I just got my new running shoes tonight - can't wait to try them out tomorrow...oh the little things! LOL!

OK, I got the orange bracelet too!  Maybe it should be standard for all of us MMM's!

Edited by jcarmody 2010-06-15 6:13 AM
2010-06-15 7:01 AM
in reply to: #2922045

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Yes, thanks for the Road ID coupon Janet...  I need  to get a new one, one of my emergency phone numbers has changed... I use the ankle one... because I am so dang vain, I don't want a tan line on my wrist, ha ha!!  Plus you can use it as a chip timer strap... every once in awhile I forget to put it on and that makes me so nervous.... what would happen if something happened to me and no one knew who I was??  Orange is a great idea, I'm not sure emergency personnel would be looking for an i.d. on my ankle, the orange would definitely make it pop!
2010-06-15 10:16 PM
in reply to: #2922045

User image

Expert
jcarmody - 2010-06-15 6:12 AM
PTWykes - 2010-06-14 9:48 PM Way to go Alex!!!!

OK, I got the orange bracelet too!  Maybe it should be standard for all of us MMM's!

Count me in-- looks like my sister might be moving, so I'll have to get a new bracelet with her new cell number on it once she gets one. Orange it is! (My current one is red.)

Can't wait to hear about the new shoes! New shoes = bliss!
2010-06-16 12:00 AM
in reply to: #2924353

User image

Extreme Veteran
Also a fan of the RoadID. A couple of years ago, one of my runs (on an overnight in S Dakota) ended up in the ER when a rambunctious Lab puppy tripped me and I smacked my head on the sidewalk. I didn't lose consciousness, but DID lose a lot of blood. I wear the ID that velcros onto your shoelaces, because I'm forgetful and would never remember to put something on before heading out the door.

After my first bike crash a couple months ago, I ordered a second RoadID for my bike. I got a bracelet and wrapped it around the top tube of my bike, so I don't have to remember to put something on. A little peace of mind for an accident-prone roadie!

2010-06-17 7:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
I haven't once posted on here.  I didn't even know it was here until Alex posted her race results and said to look on the "forum."  Hi everyone!  I just go in and out of each person's training log whenever I can to see how everyone is doing!  LOL.  Now that we're probably half way through the mentor group .... I've figured out how to use it!  Oh well.....

Going to France for 2 weeks tomorrow.  Will check in if I get internet access.  Otherwise, au revoir until July 1.  Smile
2010-06-17 10:13 AM
in reply to: #2927349

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

We have a lot of racers this weekend!!!

On Saturday, June 19th:

Marsha will be doing her VERY FIRST TRI!!!   I know she's going to blow it away, she is one fast hot mama!!
David has a 5K!
Jordan has a 4 mile run!
Carl (bif) has a 5K!
Denise has a Muddy Buddy run!!

On Sunday, June 20th:

Hilde has a sprint tri!  (That would be me...)

And we have some travelling going on, so if you are checking logs and see missing days, that's probably why:
Peggy as mentioned above, is going to Paris for 2 weeks!
Wilson is in the UK for the second time, not sure when he's coming back.  He just suffered an Achilles injury while training over there, send him some love...
Denise is out of town, I think just for the week.
Tammy is heading to North Dakota on Friday, at least that was the plan last time we talked.

Busy, busy, busy MMM peeps!

Good luck to all the racers, and safe travels for everyone!!

2010-06-17 8:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Thanks for the good luck wishes I went out to the race course and did a test run of the swim, T1, bike, T2 and just a .5 mile run - all for familiarity, NOT for speed...just easy to get the lay of the land (details in my training log) - I'm so glad I did it! I can 't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
2010-06-17 10:03 PM

User image

Expert
GO, MMM RACERS, GO!!! *cheers madly*

I have no doubt that you'll all ROCK your races-- have a wonderful time, and come back to tell us all about it!!

Folk on the move: travel safely, and come back to tell us all about it! (Wait, I sense a theme here...)

More cheering for this AWESOME group and all the cool things we're up to! Smile

Alex
2010-06-18 6:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
All you racers ... GOOD LUCK!!  And have fun, too!  Tongue out

2010-06-19 4:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Thanks for all the inspires and good luck wishes! I'm up, getting some breakfast fuel in and chilling out before I head off to the race. Looking forward to it!
2010-06-19 1:07 PM

User image

Veteran
I had a great time! I am officially a triathlete! In a nutshell I placed 2/18 in my age group and 52/181 overall. Here's my race report - I hope it works to paste it here:

Race info: Eastman Splash, Mash & Dash Triathlon
Entry by:
United States  PTWykes

Eastman Splash, Mash & Dash Triathlon
2010-06-19
Grantham, New Hampshire
United States
Eastman Recreation
68F / 20C
Sunny

Triathlon - Sprint
Total Time = 1h 23m 19s
Overall Rank = 52/181
Age Group = F 35-39
Age Group Rank = 2/18

Pre-race routine:

Got up about 3 hours before the race, drank some water to get ahead on the hydration game. About 2 hours before the race I drank 1/2 my carb/protein shake as I headed off to the race to check in. Parked in the lot and topped off my tires so I wouldn't have to bring the pump to transition. Got body marked (and even for my OCD personality the body marker did a good job! LOL!) Took my stuff to transition area and scoped out the best spot for my station. Set everything up and set off to find the bathroom. Took care of business and headed back to transition to get the other 1/2 of my shake and a rice cake with almond butter (now about 1 hour from race time) - ate that as we checked out the exit from the water to the bike, the exit to the bike course, and the exit to the run course - walked about .25 of the run course. Headed back to transition and chatted with a lot of really friendly athletes until it was almost time for the pre-race meeting and headed over to the beach to warm-up a bit in the water before the meeting.

Event warmup:

Swam about 5 minutes - nice and easy and then hung out a bit waiting for the pre-race announcements. The first wave went off at 8am and each wave was 3 minutes later - I was to be in the 3rd wave.

Swim

Comments:

I started at the front right and broke out of the pack before the first buoy. I was the 3rd female out of the water overall. I felt strong, confident and like I stayed on course well. Was surprised to be passing people who started in the wave before me.

What would you do differently?:

Not a thing!My goal was to be at 9:00 or less and I WAS!

T1

Comments:

Had a bit of difficulty clipping my left foot in for some reason.

Be sure to get my timing chip band on the OUTSIDE of my sock, it was rubbing the heck out of my achilles tendon during the bike - OUCH!

Not screw up my Garmin by hitting the wrong button by rendering it useless for the rest of the race

Bike

Comments:

Was the 3rd woman on the bike - got passed by one woman right out of transition but then didn't get passed at all (by men or women) until the turn-around! I was thrilled - I thought I'd be early out of the water but then passed by lots of people. I felt strong and steady. I wanted to "coast" at the top of the hills but kept reminding myself that I wanted NO REGRETS so I dug in and pedaled hard!

Nothing - just work on getting faster but for my total INEXPERIENCE at biking I was thrilled! My goal was to be at 45:00 and I beat that!

T2

Comments:

Got some muscle cramping in my abs while bent over to get bike shoes off/running shoes on - that was STRANGE! I paused a bit to down some water before taking off on the run but really felt that I needed to (and was glad I did!)

I could hear my kids and husband cheering for me while in T2 - "hurry up mommy, go faster" and it made me laugh! It was awesome that they were there!

Learn to go faster but, all in all I think it was "OK"

Run

Comments:

Hard to find my rhythm the first 1/2 mile or so but then I got in a groove and felt good. They had the distance on the course marked in kilometers and clearly my brain was NOT working. When I passed the 2K sign I thought awesome, only 1 mile to go (thinking we were at 2 miles)...imagine my shock when it dawned on me that I was not even half way done - YIKES! I just focused on not getting passed and catching one person at a time in front of me! All was well until I tripped on a root, landed on my right side and rolled like a log roll due to the momentum carrying me - I was not hurt and got up quickly to carry on!

Not fall!
Check out the route ahead of time (like weeks ahead of time!) to know what I was about to be up against.

Post race

Warm down:

Just walked about a bit waiting for my friend to finish (20 minutes later) while I chugged lots of water! Hung out with my kids/husband and some friends that came to watch.

Headed up for a free massage, BBQ - YUM!!!, checked out the results and couldn't believe my eyes so...stayed for the awards ceremony!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Transition times.
Falling on the run.
Uncertainty about how to pace (novice!)

Event comments:

What an awesome experience! I'm a TRIATHLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last updated: 2010-06-19 1:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:56 | 641.95001 yards | 01m 23s / 100yards
Age Group:0/18
Overall:14/181
Performance:Good
Suit:2 piece tri suit from skirtsports

Course:Triangular shaped swim out around 3 buoy's - keeping the buoy's to the left.
Start type:WadePlus:
Water temp:68F / 20CCurrent:Low
200M Perf.GoodRemainder:Good
Breathing:GoodDrafting:
Waves:
Navigation:Good
Rounding:Good
T1
Time:01:46
Performance:Average
Cap removal:GoodHelmet on/
Suit off:

Wetsuit stuck?
Run with bike:Yes
Jump on bike:No
Getting up to speed:Average
Biking
00:43:47 | 12 miles | 16.44 mile/hr
Overall:71/181
Wind:Little
Course:Rolling hills at the start of the course that lead into a L-O-N-G steady climb for the next 4 or so miles (deceiving - seems FLAT when you drive it in the car), then some flat until the turn-around. Turn around and head back to that 4ish mile gradual hill but this time it was downhill - YIPPEE!, back into the rolling hills to the finish.
Road:Smooth DryCadence:
Turns:AverageCornering:Good
Gear changes:GoodHills:Good
Race pace:ComfortableDrinks:Just right
T2
Time:01:30
Overall:Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bikeGood
Running with bikeGood
Racking bikeGood
Shoe and helmet removalAverage
Running
00:27:21 | 03.1099999 miles | 08m 47s  min/mile
Overall:61/181
Course:OMG this part of the race was SOOOOOOOOOO not what I expected! It was a TRAIL run and when I say trail I mean ruts in the dirt, stumps, rocks, roots...you name it! There were some nasty hills too. I was expecting more of a road type race course....oh well, live and learn!
Keeping coolGoodDrinkingJust right
Post race
Weight change:%
Overall:Good
Mental exertion [1-5]5
Physical exertion [1-5]5
Good race?Yes
Evaluation
Course challengeJust right
Organized?Yes
Events on-time?Yes
Lots of volunteers?Yes
Plenty of drinks?Yes
Post race activities:Good
Race evaluation [1-5]5

BT Partners
D3 Multisport
When Big Boys Tri
TriFind
Road Runner Sports

Race Reports Modeled with Permission from
Endurancecoach's Triathlon Post Race Analysis Sheet.

Photos

2010-06-19 1:34 PM
in reply to: #2931733

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Awesome, just awesome... 2nd AG in your first tri??!!   You are a natural at this sport!!  Loved your race report!!  Bask in the post-race glow, feel free to take a day off tomorrow to rest and recuperate, and look forward to the next one!!

Sorry to hear about the fall during the run, in spite of that and the terrain you had an excellent pace!
2010-06-19 3:17 PM

User image

Great job on your race, Marsha!  Being the 3rd woman out has got be a great feeling!  Congrats on completing your first triathlon and exceeding all of your goals.  
2010-06-19 3:32 PM

User image

I began my relaxing weekend with a 5K on the Silver Comet Trail this morning.  I didn't really have much of a pre-race routine for this one, other than to show up, register, stretch and go.  I started out at a pace that felt really slow to me, but I didn't want to make the mistake of starting out too fast.  At this pace I was able to accomplish my first goal of running the 1.5 miles to the turnaround without stopping.  I also found myself passing a lot of people who took off ahead of me at the beginning.  I made the turnaround at 22 minutes even, grabbed a water bottle and walked the next half mile.  At the 2nd mile marker, I began running again and made it to the 2.5 marker before walking again.  Then I alternated the last quarter miles between walking and running for a total time of 46:15.  

The good:  I made it to the turnaround without walking; I finished strong; I finished

The bad:  I got passed on the way back by people running the 10K; I used to run a 10K in less time; my day's not over yet

All in all, I was pretty happy with the race I ran.  I did it at about the right pace for me right now, despite the time it took.  I do think I probably could've made the turnaround by pushing the pace a little more, as I have been making a 1.2 mile run in the 13-14 minutes, but I wanted to have something left at the finish, and I still had a tennis match to play this morning.  

2010-06-19 3:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Nice race Johnathan! Sounds like you had a good strategy - there is always room to get faster next time. A SMART race helps build confidence!
2010-06-19 5:03 PM
in reply to: #2931761

User image

Expert
hildekq - 2010-06-19 1:34 PM Awesome, just awesome... 2nd AG in your first tri??!!   You are a natural at this sport!!  Loved your race report!!  Bask in the post-race glow, feel free to take a day off tomorrow to rest and recuperate, and look forward to the next one!!

Sorry to hear about the fall during the run, in spite of that and the terrain you had an excellent pace!

WOO-HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Marsha! You clearly kicked all kinds of butt, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time-- fantastic!! Enjoy your well-deserved triumph!
2010-06-19 5:05 PM
in reply to: #2931885

User image

Expert
CONGRATULATIONS on the successful 5K! As Marsha noted, it sounds like you ran SMART, which is an excellent way to pull it off, particularly when you knew you had more exercise coming up. Hope you're enjoying your success and that your tennis game went well!
2010-06-19 5:15 PM
in reply to: #2931885

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Jonathan Swift - 2010-06-19 3:32 PM I began my relaxing weekend with a 5K on the Silver Comet Trail this morning.  I didn't really have much of a pre-race routine for this one, other than to show up, register, stretch and go.  I started out at a pace that felt really slow to me, but I didn't want to make the mistake of starting out too fast.  At this pace I was able to accomplish my first goal of running the 1.5 miles to the turnaround without stopping.  I also found myself passing a lot of people who took off ahead of me at the beginning.  I made the turnaround at 22 minutes even, grabbed a water bottle and walked the next half mile.  At the 2nd mile marker, I began running again and made it to the 2.5 marker before walking again.  Then I alternated the last quarter miles between walking and running for a total time of 46:15.  

The good:  I made it to the turnaround without walking; I finished strong; I finished

The bad:  I got passed on the way back by people running the 10K; I used to run a 10K in less time; my day's not over yet

All in all, I was pretty happy with the race I ran.  I did it at about the right pace for me right now, despite the time it took.  I do think I probably could've made the turnaround by pushing the pace a little more, as I have been making a 1.2 mile run in the 13-14 minutes, but I wanted to have something left at the finish, and I still had a tennis match to play this morning.  

Yea for all the positives in this race, David!!  And yea for knowing your weaknesses and how to use them to your best advantage, always good to know what we need to work on!!  You did it!!!

So, how was the tennis match??!
2010-06-19 9:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Yay, David/Jonathan for running a successful race! Sounds like you finished strong.

And way to go, Marsha! What a fantastic first race, we're so proud! Thanks for the race report. 

2010-06-19 9:35 PM
in reply to: #2919235

User image

Regular
wrkinprogress - 2010-06-13 11:00 PM Hi everybody--

Thanks for the thoughts and good wishes! I'm about to fill in the race report online, but here's how it went:

It's amazing what you can do on little to no sleep. I don't know about any of you, but I tend to be one of those people who wakes up every 5 minutes or so to look at the clock when I know I have to be awake early for something. Sure enough, there was a lot of clock-watching going on last night, so I finally gave in around 4:15 and got up. Did a little yoga to start getting the body warmed up, made and ate some breakfast (Trader Joe's sprouted wheat cinnamon-raisin bagels are YUM, may I just say), and started packing the car. I knew the park opened at 5:30, so once everything was in order, I hopped in and toddled off. (Funnily enough, even at that hour there were people out on the California freeways!)

San Dimas is about 18 miles east of where I am-- out in some more foothills of the San Gabriel mountains, and quite pretty, really, even on a Sunday morning when the fog hasn't blown or burned off yet. Got to the park just after it opened, and even then wasn’t the first one through the gates—but I did have a great selection of places to park, so paid my $10 entry fee to the site and managed to get up pretty close to the transition area before heading off to pick up my race packet. That achieved, I grabbed my stuff and headed into transition to set things up.

To my pleasant surprise, the transition area wasn’t particularly crowded, not even as more and more people arrived and began to set up—turns out there were a total of 476 individual competitors plus 6 relay teams, which was really quite manageable (the last tri I did had about 2000 competitors total, so much more cramped bike racks!). I found a great spot: second row in, second rack over, and got everything set up quickly. Body-markers made their way through the racers so I eventually lined up and got numbered in various places, including a sticker for my bike with my race number on it—this race allowed family members and friends in the transition area as we all set up, so I guess the stickers were to ensure that people left with their own bikes and nobody else’s as extra! Still, the family, friends, dogs, etc. actually made for a very congenial prep time this morning: one of the people setting up at the end of my row had his wife and dog with him, and the dog was clearly delighted to be there without getting in anyone’s way at all: he just stood there, enjoying the scene, tail wagging. Perfect attitude for the day. I chatted with my neighbours, said hi to some Pasadena Tri Club folk, and had a last bite or two of bagel and cheese to tide me over. By this point, the fog was clearly starting to burn off, and I knew it was going to be a hot one, so on came the sunscreen—fantastic stuff: kept me burn-free through the whole thing!

I knew from having visited the park’s ranger station yesterday that the water had been measured at 77 degrees recently, so I decided to skip the wetsuit—for a 300-yard swim, it really didn’t seem necessary, and 77 degrees is very comfortable for me. It was interesting to see a LOT of people putting on wetsuits, even full-sleeved ones, in such conditions—maybe for the buoyancy, maybe for the longer course… I couldn’t really tell, but I for one wasn’t going to swelter in a wetsuit for a brief swim.

Eventually they called for everyone to clear the transition area, so down to the beach we went for announcements, the national anthem, and the elite start—it took a while between waves for the lifeguards on paddleboards to reposition themselves, so as someone in the last wave of the day I spent a lot of time just standing around on the beach waiting. (Happily, I met up with some more PTC members, and chatted with them for a while.) The long-course waves went before us short-coursers, and then just before the first short-course wave could go, we saw a boat move one of the buoys marking our course—making the course longer than we’d been initially told. Some people were really miffed by that; I still figured it was a short enough swim that it didn’t make that much difference. Besides, by that point I’d been standing around in a wet tri outfit on the beach for half an hour: I wanted to get in and get started! Finally, they called my wave in and counted us down…I had a brief moment of “What on EARTH am I doing??” then plunged on in and swam away. I’d positioned myself well to the outside of the group, so managed to avoid hitting anyone or being hit, even though it meant I swam well wide of the straightest line between buoys. The no-wetsuit decision was definitely the right one, though—as I ran out of the water I knew I could just move to my bike and get my shoes and helmet on rather than wrestling with hot neoprene: no bad thing. Out of the water in 7 minutes and change, which also told me that the distance was a bit further than 300 yards. But no time for pondering aquatic spatial organization or lack thereof: belt on, glasses on, helmet on, socks rolled on, shoes on, grab bike and clip-clop outta there to start the bike course. 3:01 in T1; need to work on that a bit.

Irony is something that’s just not for breakfast any more: remember how I’ve been worrying about the bike section and the hills? NOT a problem for me today: having driven most of the course yesterday gave me a HUGE burst of confidence because I had a pretty good sense of where many of the hills were and also knew that there were downhills to come. Got on the bike and worked on getting a little bit of speed up before the first hill, then just powered my way up. The further I went, the better my bike legs felt, and I started passing people (!). The first big downhill was a bit scary, but by the time the second one came along on the back end of the loop, I just rode it for all it was worth. ZOOM! A wonderful—and fun!—bike leg: I felt GREAT coming into T2. Bike racked, helmet off, hat on, shoes changed, quick gulp of HEED and quick gulp of water—out of T2 in 1:29.

Took me a little while to get my run legs, as not only did I get the lovely leaden-flavoured jello feeling of a brick, but the run course was VERY hilly. I decided to just keep running, no matter how slowly. Most of the hills were up on the out portion of the out-and-back course, which left us with some big downhills on the other end—a bit rough on the quads. Then some gentle rolling and one last steep hill before the finish line…pick up the pace…push it…done. Total time: 1:17:08, about 13 minutes faster than my only other tri…and good for 5th (out of 28) in my age group! That blew me away—I ended up 114th out of 221 sprint racers overall, so in the middle of the pack as I’d expected. But a PR and a good AG placing? Definite bonuses for what was a fantastic race experience. The PTC members were lovely, cheering for me as well as for their teammates, bless them—first time I’ve had someone cheering for me in a race, and it really DOES make a difference! After the sprint, we all hung out near the finish line to cheer the PTCers doing the Oly—it was fun to yell like mad for them, too.

Funny how the thought process of a triathlon begins with “Wait a minute, WHAT am I doing??” and ends with “WOW, that was fun. Can I do it again?” Next race: Breath of Life Tri in Ventura, including an ocean swim. Two weeks to train more: more bike hills, more run speedwork, more swimming endurance. Bring it on!

Hope you all had great Sundays--

Alex (tired but not sore-- will stretch some more to avoid stiffness, though!)

Congratulations Alex!!! YOU WERE AWESOME!!!
2010-06-19 9:42 PM

User image

Regular
Congratulations Marsha and David!!!!  You two were awesome.

@ Marsha, you're smokin'

@ David, don't dwell on what you accomplished before.  You're out there climbing higher mountains nowWink
2010-06-19 10:01 PM

User image

Regular
Hi Everyone!!

The Muddy Buddy WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN.  If you Google Columbia's Muddy Buddy you can see footage from previous races.  Tim and I got there at 6:00 am.  It was already hot and humid in Conyers, GA which just W of Atlanta.  Tim is a stronger biker so he started the race on the bike and I ran,  You and your partner alternate biking and running 1 mile intervals with obstacle courses in between each mile.

The first leg was HILLY, or so I thought, I would be proved wrong later on in the race.  The first obstacle course was the balance beam.  The were about 4 feet above the ground.  I didn't want to fall so I took someone else's lead and used a beam on the right leg and the neighboring beam for the left leg. My husband promised me that he would lower the seat on the bike for me after his bike legs, you and your partner have to use the same bike.  Well, I got on the bike but had trouble getting on the seat and reaching the pedals.  I never thought to check the seat.  The bike route was not meant for my hybrid bike with road tires.  I needed tires with tread or a mountain bike would have been better.  I got off the bike when I saw a steep hill, over big roots ending in a creek with lots of rocks followed by a very muddy hill.  I decided that being safe was more important than falling and getting hurt.  The second obstacle was a crawl under cargo nets.  Back to running: the hills were steep, muddy, sandy or soggy GA clay. The humidity was killing me nut I marched on :-)  The third obstacle was a rock climbing wall on one side and a cargo net on the other side.  Back to the bike.  I basically walked the bike.  I was not prepared for the trails and I did not get enough traction with my tires.  The last obstacle was the cargo net up the wall of a large inflatable followed by a slide - my favorite part :-)  At the end of the course you and your partner have to crawl in a mud pit to the finish line.  We were covered in mud!!

I had a blast.  I know how to prepare for next year's race.  This is more like an XTERRA event.  We finished it in an hour and 10 minutes. If you get the opportunity to do a Muddy Buddy and don't mind crawling in a mud pit, I highly recommend it.
2010-06-20 4:30 AM
in reply to: #2932221

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Denise, that sounds like such a blast!!!  We have a similar thing here called the "Warrior Dash", but it's just running, no bike.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 41