BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Destination MoP Group is FULL (of motivated life jugglers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 26

2011-02-07 4:48 PM
in reply to: #3343290

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Destination MoP Group is FULL (of motivated life jugglers)
chapfallen - 2011-02-07 2:03 PM Wow!  Sounds like Super Bowl is a big opportunity for everyone to fall off the wagon!  Sadly we don't have such things here, so I've had a normal weekend...

This morning I went for a swim.  It landed up being quite a long one, although I took the pace pretty gently.  I did 2500m, which I think is further than I've ever done in a single session before.  I could feel it when I got out, but I didn't feel like I'd overdone it, just that I'd worked hard.  And I was really pleased that I did the whole thing in an hour.

Tonight I start night shift, so this afternoon I slept.  Managing my training is a little more challenging on nights, but I'm planning a cycle on the trainer tomorrow night, and hopefully the track session on Wednesday.

Rachel- do you guys go all out for the soccer world cup finals?
Good luck adjusting to the night shifts. 

2011-02-07 7:13 PM
in reply to: #3343808

User image

Veteran
slow turtle - 2011-02-07 5:47 PM
That is a great pace for the swim! I'm not sure how much you need to improve it. If  your or bike is weaker than that, then I would focus on those. 
Heidi-I'd love to get around 1:30 per 100, but unless I fine a bunch more pool time I doubt it will happen. Weightloss might gain me a bit of speed, but that's just a guess.

I think that once the weather improves around here I will be cycling 2-3 lunches and swimming 1-2. I should be able to ride longer on the weekend most weeks.

Once summer rolls around my exercise class takes a break. I hope to do at least 1 open water swim a week. Running 3 days a week unless I figure out how to fit 4 in.
2011-02-07 8:11 PM
in reply to: #3260273

User image

Hello MoPs!

Super Bowl Confession:  Too much chips and dips, and beer, and hamburger with potato salad, and a slice of not only apple pie, but also lemon meringue pie.  I ate like I hadn't eaten for days. 

Well today unfortunately is an off day(too much to do), will double up tomorrow to make up for all the eating I did yesterday. 

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

**Dreaming of the day I swim a 900 in 15min**

-Yvette
2011-02-08 5:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Hi everyone!

I have no super bowl confession. We are soccer fans here too. And we do go crazy for World Cup. When our oldest was an infant, my husband would wake her up at 4 am to watch the games with him....

Got my stitches out yesterday but STILL not swimming. They had to dig the stitches out (2 on my leg, one on my arm out of the 3/4 total in each area) and now I have part of the wound on my upper chest open. 1 year old KICKED the incision area on my leg yesterday and it exploded. I can not believe how horribly this has gone. But my point of reference was how I healed after getting a mole biopsied when I was 18 - key thing, I was 18. My old body does not heal as quickly.

Getting back to running more, and next week will be a totally run focused week (Starting Friday) as we will be in 70 degree weather each day! The property where we are staying @ Disney has a 1.2 mile run loop around it.

Bike for me today. Miss swimming. Maybe this will help me get into my habit of running 4 days a week for my half marathon plan. That race is coming up way too soon for my taste.

Ran here in the snow all weekend- yuck! How is the running where the rest of you are? We have so much snow that the banks are now too high to throw the snow up on top so I have to cart it across the street.
2011-02-08 2:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
Heidi - as a country we go in for the soccer world cup, and the european cup, and the FA cup, and indeed any soccer league you care to name.  Personally I'm not too interested in football (soccer).  It's often been synonymous with hooliganism, and I've always been someone who'd rather do something than watch...  And in answer to your question in the inspire, the "Hungarian" is just the name of the swim workout, where I did 1x200m, 2x100m, 4x50m etc.  No idea why it's called a Hungarian, but you can do a 400m Hungarian, where the distances are doubled.  Not quite up to that one yet!

And I too would love to be able to swim 900 in 15min!

Today I cycled on the trainer, but only for 20min.  I got in from work late this morning, so my sleep was late.  On night shift I have to prioritise sleep if I can get it, so I have a very short evening today before work.  I'm hoping to make up some cycling later in the week, but if not, at least I got my legs moving...
2011-02-08 2:39 PM

User image

Veteran
I'll be running tonight.  I have a bit of a head cold, but since it's not settled in my chest I'll be fine on the treadmill.

I need the swim speed since my bike and run are poor.  Otherwise, I'd share with you all, LOL!

Edited by rustymom 2011-02-08 2:40 PM

2011-02-08 9:25 PM

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Hi All,

Here are updated goals and progress.  It sure feels like February... toughest training month of the year.  Hope everyone is healing/getting well and can get back on track.  I'm headed to Michigan tomorrow and may only have time to get one workout in while I'm there.  Looking like it will be a rest week by definition for me :-)  I may have been a little optimistic in my training goals.  Ah well, if you don't stretch yourself... hmmm... you'll get cramps?

Stu

P.S.  Anyone else having more aches and pains than usual?  I swear, seems like every time I go out now, something doesn't feel quite right... and it's rarely the same thing.  Yeah, I know, I'm getting old :-)

Screen
Name
Name2011 Goal
Distance
Goal 1ProgressGoal 2ProgressChallenge
/Injury
AKR18AnneHM/OLYSwim 2x/Run 3x/Bike 2x each week
Stretching and Yoga MW
Stitches and Travel
BeachProfJoanne1st Sprint
Increase from 1x/wk to 2x/wk for all 3 events.
1 serving for dinner

ChapfallenRachelOLYShort run pace < 10min/mi, build distance

Y
To swim/cycle/run 2x each per week

Y

jcoble1209Jennifer1st Sprint

Funeral
JuneAppleStuHIM100 mi running or 33 hours training

8T
30 min of stairmaster and/or rowing/wk

Y

Rlh98296Ron1st Sprint
3x5mi runs/wk, 2xbike/wk, weights 4X/wk Eat More Healthy!

RustyMomAndrea1st Mini/Sprint?
3x run, 2-3x swim /wk, MR ex class

Y
Weigh < 200

Slow TurtleHeidiSprintRun 3x/week
 Jillian Michael's 30 day shred
 Sick
SportzVisionCynthiaOLYKeep up with training plan

Strength and Yoga
Pre-Calc Survival
StlPhilPhilSprint+
    Ankles
TriVetteeYvetteSprint 2x swim, bike, run / wk
Y
 Inc. Core or Strength/week
Y

-----
2011-02-08 10:25 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
St. Louis
Hello everyone! Just checking in. I had to shut it down for a couple of weeks because of the ankle. Even when I thought an activity like the bike trainer was ok, it just continued to be painful. So I thought it best just to shut it down. I ran for the first time in two and a half weeks tonight. It felt pretty good. I ran 2 miles and was going for three, but I thought I would cut it short and walk the last mile. I'll seen how it is in the morning. I did not realize how much I missed running until tonight. I was pretty jazzed afterwards.

Still crazy with the business. I'm heading to Nashville tomorrow to tape some video for email marketing. Six hour drive there, four hours of taping and six hours back. A long day. I am going to take my running clothes. Maybe I can catch a run.

I'm sure everyone is working hard and the mentors are cracking the whip! ; ) I am pretty excited about a TT bike build I have untertaken. I hope to have it complete before the warm weather hits. Cheers.

Phil
2011-02-08 10:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
St. Louis

PS ........ Thanks for the inspires. I have not figured out how to reply. Sorry. They are appreciated!

Phil

2011-02-09 4:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
St. Louis
Man, where is everyone? LOL It is 4:30 in the am and upon waking,  NO ANKLE PAIN! Although it was only 4 hours of sleep. : ) Last nights short run seem to do the body good. Well, I'm off. It's going to be a LONG day.

Phil
2011-02-09 5:48 AM
in reply to: #3346329

User image

Expert
StlPhil - 2011-02-09 5:40 AM Man, where is everyone? LOL It is 4:30 in the am and upon waking,  NO ANKLE PAIN! Although it was only 4 hours of sleep. : ) Last nights short run seem to do the body good. Well, I'm off. It's going to be a LONG day.

Phil

Hey- That's great news! It sounds like it was a wise decsion to stop at 2 miles, and walk the 3rd. That's so hard to do sometimes!
Good luck today, and drive safe. 

2011-02-10 6:06 AM

User image

Expert
Good morning MoP's!
What's on tap for today?
Last night I did a 35 minute ride on the trainer. Today, I'm going to squeeze in a run, but I have a planning meeting scheduled for the half marathon that I'm organizing. I don't know how long the meeting will go, so I might run out of time for getting to the gym. 
2011-02-10 8:20 AM
in reply to: #3348213

User image

Expert
Goodness... my hat is off (actually on) to you folks in the north.  0 here in Ann Arbor this morning.  Off to class, but already looking forward to being back in Virginia on Sunday!

Stu
2011-02-10 9:45 AM

User image

Veteran
I'll run tonight and swim tomorrow.

I'm excited to see some warm temps in the extended forecast.  Mid-week next week says 50F!  I'm looking forward to nice early spring temps.  Once the snowbanks shrink I'll be able to get outside and bike or run.
2011-02-10 9:45 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
It was negative 2 on the way to preschool today....

I'm biking again today on the trainer, then tomorrow gets to be an off day as we will be flying to FLORIDA. 70 and sunny. Running the whole time I'm down there!

Stu, have fun up in Ann Arbor. At least it isn't snowing like last week!
2011-02-10 2:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
Wow, those temperatures are insane!

Anne - have a lovely time in Florida.  I'm very jealous ;-)

I ran at the track session last night, and then had to go straight to work.  That means I didn't have time for the ice bath that I usually have after that session.  By the time I'd driven to work (about 30 minutes) I had already stiffened up loads.  Today is my rest day and I'm really glad - my legs are still objecting!

I had good plans for doing a gentle run tomorrow, but I'm doing an extra overtime night shift tomorrow night, so I may not manage it.  It was really hard getting up this afternoon!

My exciting news for today is that I've got a place in the Great North Run.  It's entry by ballot, and even though it's one of the largest half marathon's in the world, it's still quite hard to get a place.  It's not till September, so plenty of time to get trained up, and it's well timed as a practice run for the marathon I'm aiming for in October.

2011-02-11 9:28 AM

User image

Veteran
Yesterday turned into an unplanned rest day.  Between getting a new work laptop and fiddling with it and making cookies with my son (I'd been putting him/it off) I just didn't have the time or inclination to run last night.  (By the way, did I mention that he won't eat the cookies...)

So, today will be a swim and a run.
2011-02-11 6:26 PM
in reply to: #3350191

User image

Expert
rustymom - 2011-02-11 10:28 AM Yesterday turned into an unplanned rest day.  Between getting a new work laptop and fiddling with it and making cookies with my son (I'd been putting him/it off) I just didn't have the time or inclination to run last night.  (By the way, did I mention that he won't eat the cookies...)

So, today will be a swim and a run.

Oh my! I've never met a child who wouldn't eat cookies. What kind did you make? 
2011-02-11 7:02 PM

User image

Veteran
I got it done! Swam 1200 yds at lunch and just finished my run.About my son and the cookies, what can I say he has a weak sweet tooth. He only likes vanilla ice cream, cookies like shortbread or other really plain things. He insisted that he likes choc chip and wanted to help make them. I knew he wouldn't eat them. Now I need to avoid them.
2011-02-12 11:01 AM
in reply to: #3351305

User image

Expert
rustymom - 2011-02-11 8:02 PM I got it done! Swam 1200 yds at lunch and just finished my run.About my son and the cookies, what can I say he has a weak sweet tooth. He only likes vanilla ice cream, cookies like shortbread or other really plain things. He insisted that he likes choc chip and wanted to help make them. I knew he wouldn't eat them. Now I need to avoid them.

Way to go! 
2011-02-12 1:34 PM

User image

Hello Everyone!

We are have been having beautiful weather here in ID.  Yesterday I was able to go for a nice run outside (45 degree and sunny). Unfortunately I had to stay on the roads, because the foothills are just too muddy with the temps.   Everytime I caught a glance at the mountains, though, I  kept thinking it would have been a perfect day for skiing. 

Today we are having more nice weather, but I just feel too tired to do anything.  So I am sitting on the couch watching an old movie, trying to get myself motivated.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and getting more accomplished than I am.

Happy swimming, biking, and running!
-Yvette

2011-02-12 3:32 PM

User image

Expert
Nice job Yvette! I'd love to see 45 temps!

Today, I went to the Y for a run on the indoor track. It was one of those days, when I felt really happy with my run, and didn't feel the need to critique it.

It was the longest run I've done in a long time, with no walk breaks.  Now that I'm starting to feel better, I think I've had a consistant respiratory thing since Halloween. I have not been able to put together 2 miles without walking since then. But, my last 2 runs have been much better, and I'm psyched!

I hope every one's having a great day!
-Heidi 
2011-02-12 3:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
Today I overdid it.  I was on night shift last night, and usually after my last night I come home, get about 4 hours sleep and then do stuff in the afternoon.  Today, I decided to come home, sleep for an hour and a half and then go out at 9am for a long bike ride with my husband.  We misjudged the distance slightly and landed up doing a little over 40 miles.  The last 10 miles were just painful.  I was really tired and my legs were aching.

I had intended to go to the swim session this evening, but when I got up I felt sick and dizzy, so I went back to bed and got a couple of hours sleep instead!

I'm a little annoyed with myself for this, as it's going to put this week's training back while I let myself recover...

On the positive side I've lost weight this week :-)
2011-02-13 2:54 PM

User image

Expert
Hi All,

Just back from Michigan and on my way to our gig tonight.  Been a whirlwind last few days with no time to train, but did get in a 7 mi run today.  Hopefully back on track tomorrow and will catch up with everyone then and check out the logs.  Good weather forecast for Virginia for the next few days.  Then I hit the road again.  February is a challenge.

Happy Valentine's Day (a little early)!

Stu
2011-02-14 6:12 AM

User image

Expert
Happy Valentines day MOP's!
We celebrate with home made cards and a nice meal (with the kids) at home. We actually did that last night, since my husband teaches on Monday nights.
What does every one have planned for today? Both for training and any celebration you have planned?
No workout for me yesterday-I spent the afternoon with 2 of my childhood friends. It's worth missing a workout, if it means I get to spend an afternoon with them.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Destination MoP Group is FULL (of motivated life jugglers) Rss Feed  

of 26