BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Destination MoP Group is FULL (of motivated life jugglers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 26

2011-04-20 8:21 AM
in reply to: #3260273

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: Destination MoP Group is FULL (of motivated life jugglers)

Andrea - have a great time in Mickey land.  Even walking in the heat will help acclimate you.  Make sure to bring sunscreen... that Florida sun can burn you fast!

Anne - sounds like you're psyched - that's great!  One major benefit of going beyond your normal distance is that you've built a new base level for your running.  If you can keep up the long runs now and then, you'll find it really improves your 10K results too (at least it worked that way for me!).

No worries on space in the new mentor group.  We will ABSOLUTELY hold a spot for anyone from this crew.

As for me, two days of normal workouts and the back is no worse than had I not worked out.  I consider that success!  Back in the pool (and hot tub) today at lunch!

Stu

2011-04-20 9:17 AM

User image

Veteran

Stu, I'm glad the hear that the back is no worse but I'm sure you're hoping for a speedy return to "normal".  Backs are tricky.

2011-04-20 8:20 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

UGH! So my first two weeks of my upgrade in training went pretty well...then Sat. I bonked on an eight mile run.  I have been feeling horrible...not sure what is going on but I get dizzy; not in a light headed way but in a I am getting motion sickness way.  Infection in my eye, (all red inside) and blow drying my hair just drains my energy.  Up all night with G.I. issues...So I called in sick to work today...never did that since I started there over a year ago. I have taken the last three days off from training...and no help.  I still feel weak and dizzy.  See the dr  on Monday, the 25th of April, but my first sprint is May 1!  Hopefully I get some antibotics, (praying thats what is wrong) kill a few germs and can hit the road again. 

I am exhausted, typing is just to draining...night all!

2011-04-20 8:48 PM
in reply to: #3457697

User image

Expert
SportzVision - 2011-04-20 9:20 PM

UGH! So my first two weeks of my upgrade in training went pretty well...then Sat. I bonked on an eight mile run.  I have been feeling horrible...not sure what is going on but I get dizzy; not in a light headed way but in a I am getting motion sickness way.  Infection in my eye, (all red inside) and blow drying my hair just drains my energy.  Up all night with G.I. issues...So I called in sick to work today...never did that since I started there over a year ago. I have taken the last three days off from training...and no help.  I still feel weak and dizzy.  See the dr  on Monday, the 25th of April, but my first sprint is May 1!  Hopefully I get some antibotics, (praying thats what is wrong) kill a few germs and can hit the road again. 

Oh no! That sounds miserable! Feel better soon.

-Heidi

2011-04-22 2:54 PM
in reply to: #3457697

User image

Expert
SportzVision - 2011-04-20 9:20 PM

Cynthia, any updates on your condition?  Feeling any better?  This does not sound good at all.

2011-04-24 6:03 AM

User image

Expert
Happy Easter Jugglers! 

2011-04-24 8:43 AM
in reply to: #3462964

User image

Extreme Veteran
England

Happy Easter everyone!

First race of the season tomorrow!  Really excited, and a little nervous.  We went and did the cycle and run routes on Friday and they're nice and flat (except one short, steep hill on the cycle), so feeling good about that.  It's going to be interesting to see how it goes as this event is really going to show how my winter training has gone, and also set the baseline for the rest of the season.  So fingers crossed it goes well :-)

Do you guys get a long weekend this weekend?  We get a 4 day weekend normally for Easter, and then because of the royal wedding at the end of the week, it'll be another 4 day weekend.  Everyone's loving the time off, especially as we're having beautiful weather.  In the 80's today, although it's meant to be cooler tomorrow (I hope).

2011-04-25 10:28 AM
in reply to: #3463065

User image

Expert
chapfallen - 2011-04-24 9:43 AM

Happy Easter everyone!

First race of the season tomorrow!  Really excited, and a little nervous.  We went and did the cycle and run routes on Friday and they're nice and flat (except one short, steep hill on the cycle), so feeling good about that.  It's going to be interesting to see how it goes as this event is really going to show how my winter training has gone, and also set the baseline for the rest of the season.  So fingers crossed it goes well :-)

Do you guys get a long weekend this weekend?  We get a 4 day weekend normally for Easter, and then because of the royal wedding at the end of the week, it'll be another 4 day weekend.  Everyone's loving the time off, especially as we're having beautiful weather.  In the 80's today, although it's meant to be cooler tomorrow (I hope).

How was the race?

2011-04-25 10:29 AM

User image

Expert

Just an FYI- We've gone live in the new mentor program!

We'd love to have you all join us again, if you'd like.

2011-04-25 10:52 AM
in reply to: #3464357

User image

Expert

As Heidi mentioned, we're live on the new forum!  Rach, can't wait to hear how your first tri of the season went!  Over and out here from the Jan group... off to the Summer training group!

Thanks so much to everyone who participated... hope to see you on the new board!

Stu

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Destination MoP Group is FULL (of motivated life jugglers) Rss Feed  

of 26