BT Development Mentor Program Archives » QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2012-01-16 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3992084

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: RE: QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED)

Mornin' folks, hope the shock and awe of the insane football weekend is wearing off! I am a SF fan so I am excited about the turn of events! Lots of Pack fans in the family (I am a west coast girl married to a midwesterner...) so we won't be talking about football for a day or two around here...

Anyway, for those of you who have your season figured out (thanks for sharing last week!!!) wondering how you're planning on training for it? Using a plan or just trying to do something most every day? If you are using a plan, what plan? More importantly, how are you going to get your training done? In other words, what is your plan for your plan?

It might be putting it on a calendar, it might be working out every day before work, it might be joining masters or a bike team...but some structure in your life to get the workouts done? Curious to hear your strategies...

For those of you still looking for races, did anyone have any success with trifind.com?

2012-01-16 10:03 AM
in reply to: #3942395

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: RE: QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED)

Clipless Pedals: I rode around a parking lot for a while, that was helpful...no worries about traffic. I did fall over in a spectacular legs in the air in front of people in downtown Chicago kind of way, but surprisingly, I haven't fallen too much since then...

IMHO if you need to drive to a bike path, especially when you're starting out, I think that's more than acceptable. I was so unsure of myself on my bike for a while, I didn't even ride out the 3 miles from my house to the lakefront path for the longest time. Even now if I want to run after my bike I'll take my mini-van (the vansition area) and do a T2 out of the van...

The trainer is another way I get around putting myself at risk on the roads...I have gotten to the point now that the speeds and distances I need to train at make the lakefront path almost unusable, even in the early mornings...so it's either roads or the trainer for me...I got a used trainer off of Craigslist for half of retail...I probably could have gotten cheaper if I had waited. Trainers aren't very complex and need little to no maintenance so they are a good item to buy used.

THey are also great for habit building on the bike...clipping in and out, taking shoes off, shifting, positioning, building an iron butt and neck (if in aero)...if I was going to have one piece of indoor equipment, this would be it...

2012-01-16 11:22 AM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago

a Funny Clip story:

My kids wanted to go for a ride one day so I meet them at home after a decent length ride of my own.  We hit the neighborhood streets and had a great time.  Well, in our area that are not that many stop signs so as we approached one intersection there was a car that was all but stopped so I approached, coasted and leveled off the pedals to keep a good weight balance.  My kids were behind me and had completely stopped.  The car had come to a stop and made eye contact with me so we started to go (ever so slightly and slowly). Then the car started to move (crawlingly slow), so I hit the brakes, looked for my kids and then went to put my foot down.  I forgot that I was clipped in still.....took it on the right knee, right hand.  I went down like Joe Frasier fighting Ali.  Needless to say, my kids could not stop laughing.  Lesson to be learned, Clip Out with some speed as it is easier than doing it standing still.

2012-01-16 11:34 AM
in reply to: #3992910

New user

mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 11:22 AM

a Funny Clip story:

My kids wanted to go for a ride one day so I meet them at home after a decent length ride of my own.  We hit the neighborhood streets and had a great time.  Well, in our area that are not that many stop signs so as we approached one intersection there was a car that was all but stopped so I approached, coasted and leveled off the pedals to keep a good weight balance.  My kids were behind me and had completely stopped.  The car had come to a stop and made eye contact with me so we started to go (ever so slightly and slowly). Then the car started to move (crawlingly slow), so I hit the brakes, looked for my kids and then went to put my foot down.  I forgot that I was clipped in still.....took it on the right knee, right hand.  I went down like Joe Frasier fighting Ali.  Needless to say, my kids could not stop laughing.  Lesson to be learned, Clip Out with some speed as it is easier than doing it standing still.

I have a similar story but with toe cages.  I was was returning home after a train ride near my house when, as I approached the intersection where I turn onto my street, I realized that I needed to look over my left shoulder to make sure no car was going to turn into my path.  Of course, a car WAS turning into my path!  As I slowed, I, too, went to put my foot down but couldn't get my foot out of the cage.  It was a slow motion fall, and as I went down, I couldn't help but start laughing. I had once seen an episode of the Muppet Show where Grover falls off a bike, and that's all I could think - I look like Grover!!  The couple in the car pulled around the corner with looks of shock and awe, but when I looked up and caught their eye laughing, they relaxed.  All I could think was how funny it must have looked (even laughing now).  That helped when I cleaned up the wounds on my hand and knee.  Clearly, I'll have to be sure to practice once I get the clip pedals!

2012-01-16 11:40 AM
in reply to: #3992753

New user

quincyf - 2012-01-16 9:54 AM

Mornin' folks, hope the shock and awe of the insane football weekend is wearing off! I am a SF fan so I am excited about the turn of events! Lots of Pack fans in the family (I am a west coast girl married to a midwesterner...) so we won't be talking about football for a day or two around here...

Anyway, for those of you who have your season figured out (thanks for sharing last week!!!) wondering how you're planning on training for it? Using a plan or just trying to do something most every day? If you are using a plan, what plan? More importantly, how are you going to get your training done? In other words, what is your plan for your plan?

It might be putting it on a calendar, it might be working out every day before work, it might be joining masters or a bike team...but some structure in your life to get the workouts done? Curious to hear your strategies...

I'm following the 20 week Swim Focused plan in BT with adjustments based on spin classes I take.  So far it's working pretty well, but I've discovered I'm going to have to plan each week based on my schedule.  On my days off, I'm planning on doing my hip strengthening exercises.  I fell down some stairs last year, twisted my ankle pretty badly, and did PT, where the PT told me that my hips were weak.  The exercises helped a ton with strength and balance. 

As I train at the gym, I've been doing my bike followed by swim.  I know that's not the order they'll go in on the day of the event, so should I reverse those?

For those of you still looking for races, did anyone have any success with trifind.com?

2012-01-16 12:08 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

Clips-

See everyone falls over a few times.   Other than the embarrassment,  its no big deal.     You are not going to fall over due to clipping in, while going at speed.  Its going to be as you are coming to a stop and you shift your weight to the wrong side, or just cannot for some reason clip out.  (once you start falling its very difficult to unclip and catch yourself in time!)          Best to just go ahead and fall and get it over with., and then you can share your funny story like a few have done already.    see good does come of it!  

Which pedal systems do you use?   

I use Speedplay on  my Tri bike and Roadie.    I love how sharp I can take a turn with them, and STILL be able to pedal.  Its a serious advantage being able to pedal when others cannot  in a race.     The other great thing about them is that you can clip in either side of the pedal no need to have to try and flip the pedal over to clip in.

On my Trail bike (hybrid)  I have SPD system.    (not a problem for me to have these two systems as I have two pairs of cycling shoes. I also use these shoes in spin.)

I know a few of you may be looking at pedals, so hope that helps!

2012-01-16 12:23 PM
in reply to: #3992771

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
quincyf - 2012-01-16 10:03 AM

Clipless Pedals: I rode around a parking lot for a while, that was helpful...no worries about traffic. I did fall over in a spectacular legs in the air in front of people in downtown Chicago kind of way, but surprisingly, I haven't fallen too much since then...

IMHO if you need to drive to a bike path, especially when you're starting out, I think that's more than acceptable. I was so unsure of myself on my bike for a while, I didn't even ride out the 3 miles from my house to the lakefront path for the longest time. Even now if I want to run after my bike I'll take my mini-van (the vansition area) and do a T2 out of the van...

The trainer is another way I get around putting myself at risk on the roads...I have gotten to the point now that the speeds and distances I need to train at make the lakefront path almost unusable, even in the early mornings...so it's either roads or the trainer for me...I got a used trainer off of Craigslist for half of retail...I probably could have gotten cheaper if I had waited. Trainers aren't very complex and need little to no maintenance so they are a good item to buy used.

THey are also great for habit building on the bike...clipping in and out, taking shoes off, shifting, positioning, building an iron butt and neck (if in aero)...if I was going to have one piece of indoor equipment, this would be it...

Bike Trainer-  This is a must I think.  Even if you live in an area where you can ride outside all year long.  They are bullet proof and yes buy it used to save $$

It allows you to still watch your kids or be around your family and still get a ride in.  

You can put a mirror up and try to work on your form.

Its easier(I'm not talking about effort) to push your hear rate up and hold it there versus outside.  cause you can dial in how hard oyu want to work.  No stop lights, traffic, hills or whatever to alter your effort output.    You can then chart/repeat against your own performance to measure improvement.

Yes you will not fall over! 

Obviously you can escape rough weather and still ride.

Bad things about the trainer:

Your bike gets "locked in"  to the trainer.    Your bike when you ride it outside, flexes, and moves as you ride and apply power.  when its locked into the trainer this does not happen.   so  the seat is REALLY hard.  so like Q said  you are really getting a harsher than reality ride.  its really a pain in the arse. 

You need a fan!   the wind generated when you ride outside cools you off big time.   when you are on the trainer, ummm  no wind.   

Tire wear- The trainer can shred a regular bike tire pretty quickly.    I use a special orange trainer tire that keeps this to a minimum and its mounted on a separate wheel that I just change out when riding indoors. 

2012-01-16 12:44 PM
in reply to: #3992753

User image

Veteran

My plan is simply to try to either run and bike every day that I can.  Mostly because my job as a security guard is extremely sedintary.  (Hence, my butt hurts all the time) Sealed

Other than Mondays, I'm home by 2:30 in the afternoon.  So I have time for either.  Hopefully I'll be able to join the community college rec center so I can start swimming next month.

I am currently following the couch to 5K run plan.

I did go to Road Runner Sports on Saturday and did the evaluation process, got fitted, and purchased a pair of Brooks Ghost 4, and 2 visors that were on sale.  Along with the insoles they formed for me.  I'm just a little "OFF" on the right side, hehehe.  Great experience.

Then funny thing though:  I thought it quite weird that there is a Five Guys Burgers & Fries next door.  So my dilema was to pick which one to go into first.  Laughing

So I guess I'm now comitted to this endevor.  That is what the little voices in my head say anyway.

Tom

Edited by TLakatos1259 2012-01-16 12:53 PM
2012-01-16 12:59 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

peterflagg - 2012-01-14 10:30 PM

Also, do we name bikes like cars and boats? If so I have to think of a sexy hot name for it because it is red in color.

Pete-

Here is a pic of my bike.(also red)  Name it?   sure name it whatever you want!    Mine is named "Chain-dropper"  hmmm wonder where that one came from lol.      And as lame as this sounds, It even has its own song.  It sings it to me actually.  (ya I'm nuts)   Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer (Chain-dropper)   just change the words Sledgehammer  to Chaindropper   and sledge to Chain.     We will blast that in the car, on the way to an event.

Oh, use it before you lose it

you could have a steam train

if you'd just lay down your tracks

you could have an aeroplane flying

if you bring your blue sky back

all you do is call me

I'll be anything you need

you could have a big dipper going up and down, all around the bends

you could have a bumper car, bumping

this amusement never ends

I want to be your Chain-dropper

why don't you call my name

oh let me be your Chain-dropper

this will be my testimony

show me round your fruitcakes

'cos I will be your honey bee

open up your fruitcake

where the fruit is as sweet as can be

I want to be your Chain-dropper

why don't you call my name

you'd better call the Chain-dropper

put your mind at rest

I'm going to be-the Chain-dropper

this can be my testimony

I'm your Chain-dropper

let there be no doubt about it

Chain Chain Chain-dropper

I've kicked the habit

shed my skin this is the new stuff

I go dancing in, we go dancing in

oh won't you show for me,

and I will show for you

show for me,

I will show for you yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I do mean you only you,

you've been coming through

going to build that power build, build up that power

hey I've been feeding the rhythm

I've been feeding the rhythm going to feel that power,

build in you come on, come on, help me do

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,

you I've been feeding the rhythm I've been feeding the rhythm it's what we're doing, doing all day and night

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-01-16 1:03 PM
2012-01-16 1:15 PM
in reply to: #3990892

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
peterflagg - 2012-01-14 10:30 PM

Wal-mart was selling wet-suits?  way to go Wal-mart! **** So I looked up wetsuits at walmart and I got this...Zhu Zhu pet wetsuit. Now I have been losing weight but I will NEVER be small enough to wear one of those.

On another note...been missing the last few days, been busy with school. I did get my bike put together. How in the heck do you upload a pic on here? Also, do we name bikes like cars and boats? If so I have to think of a sexy hot name for it because it is red in color. Of course I did put it together thursday night and said, I will test drive it tomorrow, and then we received about 6 inches of snow so no riding it for a little bit. Not happy about that. Love it though, will be looking into clip pedal and shoes next week.

Go to your training page

see "album" next to where your profile pic should be. 

go into that.   Under "actions"   select "create an album" then name it Gear or something

upload pic there.

Once the pic is uploaded, right click on it.   choose  "copy image location"

then create your message here.  

click on the icon that looks like a tree in the formatting area above the message (its next to the anchor icon)

this brings up a box,   paste your image location that you copied earlier, into "image url"     then click insert and your image will show up.   

Now let's see your bike!!!!

2012-01-16 1:16 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Haha Dave, you are so mean to 'chain dropper' she's still pretty, even if she's high maintenance!

My roadie is called Lola...from Barry Manilow's Copacabana...her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut up to there...

'cause she used to be a flashy beauty but she's a little worn out now (except she doesn't know it)...

My green tri-bike is too fast to have a name, so she's "FASTGREEN."

I wear speedplays, super super easy! I used spds for cx but I had a hard time getting in and out of those...I was borrowing though, so hard to tell if it was me or the pedals or a little of both...

2012-01-16 1:21 PM
in reply to: #3993087

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
TLakatos1259 - 2012-01-16 12:44 PM

My plan is simply to try to either run and bike every day that I can.  Mostly because my job as a security guard is extremely sedintary.  (Hence, my butt hurts all the time) Sealed

Other than Mondays, I'm home by 2:30 in the afternoon.  So I have time for either.  Hopefully I'll be able to join the community college rec center so I can start swimming next month.

I did go to Road Runner Sports on Saturday and did the evaluation process, got fitted, and purchased a pair of Brooks Ghost 4, and 2 visors that were on sale.  Along with the insoles they formed for me.  I'm just a little "OFF" on the right side, hehehe.  Great experience.

Then funny thing though:  I thought it quite weird that there is a Five Guys Burgers & Fries next door.  So my dilema was to pick which one to go into first.  Laughing

So I guess I'm now comitted to this endevor.  That is what the little voices in my head say anyway.

Tom

Tom,

So glad you got your shoes all worked out.   Ghost  ya thats fine!     See all you need now is a running closet for all your gear and you are set  lol

I'm interested to know how your next run feels to you.  Thinking it will go even better than it has.  

Your plan is good for now I think.    Just keep at it bud. 

2012-01-16 1:35 PM
in reply to: #3993160

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
quincyf - 2012-01-16 1:16 PM

Haha Dave, you are so mean to 'chain dropper' she's still pretty, even if she's high maintenance!

My roadie is called Lola...from Barry Manilow's Copacabana...her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut up to there...

'cause she used to be a flashy beauty but she's a little worn out now (except she doesn't know it)...

My green tri-bike is too fast to have a name, so she's "FASTGREEN."

I wear speedplays, super super easy! I used spds for cx but I had a hard time getting in and out of those...I was borrowing though, so hard to tell if it was me or the pedals or a little of both...

Hey!  I have a pic from that same SPOT!

And my road bike is here on the right.   Still sporting the Scott Drop-in handle bars (yea secret weapon!)

2012-01-16 1:50 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Yup you have to love your bike(s)  you spend so much time with them.   Going places, competing together.   You take care of them, they take care of you.   SO maybe after you have "bonded" with your bike for a while, the right name will come to you.    Till then, just ride!
2012-01-16 1:51 PM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Here's my roadie....She's pretty and I thinks she knows that she is on the trading block. Laughing

(roadie.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
roadie.jpg (83KB - 11 downloads)
2012-01-16 1:52 PM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Grrrr....this file max size stuff is for the birds...

Edited by mjh1975 2012-01-16 2:16 PM

2012-01-16 2:34 PM
in reply to: #3993257

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 1:51 PM Here's my roadie....She's pretty and I thinks she knows that she is on the trading block. Laughing

I like your bike!  Why is she on the trading block?  is it for a tri bike?    a couple of peeps are looking for a road bike in our group.  what size is it?   That would be great if that helped both you and them. 

Oh yeah I forgot to say when I was endorsing speedplay  that I am not endorsed by them (but totally for sale)

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-01-16 2:35 PM
2012-01-16 2:41 PM
in reply to: #3993342

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
oriolepwr - 2012-01-16 2:34 PM

mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 1:51 PM Here's my roadie....She's pretty and I thinks she knows that she is on the trading block. Laughing

I like your bike!  Why is she on the trading block?  is it for a tri bike?    a couple of peeps are looking for a road bike in our group.  what size is it?   That would be great if that helped both you and them. 

Oh yeah I forgot to say when I was endorsing speedplay  that I am not endorsed by them (but totally for sale)

Thanks and I would LOVE to upgrade to a Tri.  I spend a lot of time in/on the aero bars and long saddle time so it makes some sense.  She is a 54"

Edited by mjh1975 2012-01-16 2:41 PM
2012-01-16 4:20 PM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
I've got a dinner date with a Treadmill tonight and possibly dessert with a pool.  Anyone else?
2012-01-16 4:52 PM

Rochester
Ok have a question. Want to train for a sprint tri for this June. Also need to train for a 20 mile bike ride in April and a 40 mile bike ride in June. What would be the best way to do this?

I love the bike pics. I will say the newer ones have me in awe but the best is the green one. I am dying to ride my bike so bad. Damn snow!
2012-01-16 5:47 PM
in reply to: #3993549

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 4:20 PMI've got a dinner date with a Treadmill tonight and possibly dessert with a pool.  Anyone else?
I got all my crap together, went to the pool full of trepidation for my first aqua jogging try. This I's a big deal cause it's my first time doing it and first time at a new pool...and you know just a lot of drama. And they were closed. Some bum told me hey they're closed for Columbus day. Ya thanks buddy. Except at least he knew it was closed. Argh!So I came home and did 48 minutes on that awesome green thing. Anyway...maybe I'll get in the pool tomorrow. Wish me luck. Did u get in the pool? I'm jealous! I think you all should go swim at least once for me this week. What do you say guys.? Swim 1(000) for the gipper!

2012-01-16 7:49 PM
in reply to: #3993549

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 4:20 PM I've got a dinner date with a Treadmill tonight and possibly dessert with a pool.  Anyone else?

Ha  I like that!   Did exactly that.  Ran on a tready at the gym with my DW and then we swam.      It's a good thing that the swim actually comes first in Triathlon. 

2012-01-16 8:14 PM
in reply to: #3993613

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

peterflagg - 2012-01-16 4:52 PM Ok have a question. Want to train for a sprint tri for this June. Also need to train for a 20 mile bike ride in April and a 40 mile bike ride in June. What would be the best way to do this?

I love the bike pics. I will say the newer ones have me in awe but the best is the green one. I am dying to ride my bike so bad. Damn snow!

Pete

I'll let Q take the "best way to train for this"  as she is smarter than I am!   But I will go ahead and give you my opinion anyhow.  (ya I have lots of them, not always smart ones tho......  Don't ask me about my current plan which is called "Damn the torpedoes!")

I will say that it's good that you have the bike only events.   You really cannot go wrong spending extra time on the bike.  It will not hurt your sprint tri to have a bit of bike focus.   Make sure you are getting into the pool,  and running like 3x per week.   Do a lil bit of transition practice.   the shorter the tri distance the MORE  Transition times matter.

One thing I like to do is  to set up a mini-transition area in my drive-way.  Then ride my 2 mile run loop as hard as I can.  Rack my bike (heh lean it up against my Jeep)  then get my running gear on, run 1 mile hard, then get back to transition and bike again etc.     5-6 X     That practice really helps.  I'm still slow in transition, but not as slow as I WOULD be w/o practice.    Besides that its tough to get up to run speed after going hard on the bike.  You really need to practice this to know how that feels.  

I know its tough after getting a new bike to deal with the snow.   Start thinking about finding a used bike trainer as Q suggested.  Or get to the gym for some spinning if you can.  

Swimming is a nice to do but no need to focus too much on it.      The reality is the BIKE is what makes or breaks your tri.    go too hard or do not enough fitness on the bike and you ruin your run.    Really in a sprint the diff between a good swim and not  good swim can be 1 minute or so.  but the bike can be many minutes.  And the run  well,  if you walk, it will cost big time.    

Many people use something like the following concept.  

4-5X per week in one are= improvement

3 X = maintain

1-2= lose fitness.

dunno how accurate  but it does give you an idea.     so I'm saying  make sure to bike as often as you can.  Mostly easy, sometimes hard, and sometimes long. (stole this from Scout)

then I would make sure to run 3-4 times per week.    2 of those being as easy as you can run them.   1 should be shortish but as fast as you can.  The last one being your "long run"       Modify this concept to fit your time constraints.

then swim....   a couple of times per week at this level will get you through it  reasonably.   Obviously all of this is dependent on what areas you do well/not well in to begin with.       

The above is probably just what to shoot for.   in time we can better help you by looking at your training logs to see what you have been doing.   For now we just do not have enough data to go on.

Dave

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-01-16 8:15 PM
2012-01-16 8:23 PM
in reply to: #3992955

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
lmo123 - 2012-01-16 11:40 AM
quincyf - 2012-01-16 9:54 AM

I'm following the 20 week Swim Focused plan in BT with adjustments based on spin classes I take.  So far it's working pretty well, but I've discovered I'm going to have to plan each week based on my schedule.  On my days off, I'm planning on doing my hip strengthening exercises.  I fell down some stairs last year, twisted my ankle pretty badly, and did PT, where the PT told me that my hips were weak.  The exercises helped a ton with strength and balance. 

As I train at the gym, I've been doing my bike followed by swim.  I know that's not the order they'll go in on the day of the event, so should I reverse those?

Awesome choice on the plan, I think your approach sounds super rational...adjusting for spin class makes sense.

Also planning each week based on your schedule is very smart. We tend to have 'recovery' weeks when my husband is working nights for that very reason.

I don't think it matters one little bit unless you are practicing transitions. Whatever makes it easy for you to get your workout done. The only caveat to that is that I personally think there is some extra benefit to running off of the bike. I am not a brick purist one way or the other, but I do think running off of the bike sort of simulates running long, and might be a little bit of a shortcut to getting that physiological benefit of running after an hour or so.

But for the love of all things sacred, don't any of you go posting that in tri-talk...you'll start jihad up in there. It's just this idea I have...

Long story short, do your workouts for the most part in whatever order you like...just get 'em done...

Edited by quincyf 2012-01-16 8:31 PM
2012-01-16 8:45 PM
in reply to: #3993087

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
TLakatos1259 - 2012-01-16 12:44 PM

Tom

Tom, you've been busy, and following our advice, "heart."

I have plenty of buddies who train for triathlons your way...we've had lots of discussions about their approach and what I think is that it is fine, and when it isn't enough anymore, you'll find another way to train. If it works for you forever, then it works for you. The most important thing is that you are training with some regularity. Everything else is just window dressing, IMHO.

How are you liking the couch to 5K plan? is it reasonable? I am thinking about doing it with my Daughter who wants to run a 5k this spring. I haven't looked at it yet...just wanted to get your opinion on it...

I run in Ghosts and visors!!!! Let me know how you like the Ghosts...they are a pretty neutral shoe, so I'm assuming you're not pronating much...

The greatest thing will be when you can have a 5 guys and not feel bad 'cause you've been training like a beast!  Awesome feeling...

Q

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED) Rss Feed  

of 44