BT Development Mentor Program Archives » QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2012-01-16 11:21 PM
in reply to: #3942395

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED)

I'm using the iphone app called "1st Time Tri" along with the app "5K Runner" which is basically a couch to 5k program.  I signed up for an 8K in March so I'm wondering if I should switch to a 10K training program so that I can be up to a 8K distance by then?

I'm liking having the BT app for logging my workouts, even though that means I'm kinda logging everything twice. I love the calendar that shows the days I worked out, makes me really feel like I'm following through.  And today I actually ran 8 minutes straight, 2x, which is progress!

Edited by Ybeal 2012-01-16 11:22 PM

2012-01-16 11:30 PM

Rochester
Subject: RE: QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED)
Y,
Awesome job on the running. Looks like you are doing great!
2012-01-17 3:44 AM
in reply to: #3994186

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ybeal - 2012-01-16 11:21 PM

I'm using the iphone app called "1st Time Tri" along with the app "5K Runner" which is basically a couch to 5k program.  I signed up for an 8K in March so I'm wondering if I should switch to a 10K training program so that I can be up to a 8K distance by then?

I'm liking having the BT app for logging my workouts, even though that means I'm kinda logging everything twice. I love the calendar that shows the days I worked out, makes me really feel like I'm following through.  And today I actually ran 8 minutes straight, 2x, which is progress!

-OOOH, thanks for the info, I'll go check these out!

-Sure...you could find out where your long run fits into the 10K and just start at that week...if you do that, does the 10K program long run get you up to 4.5-5 by your race date? If it doesn't, I think if you can get up to 4.5 about two weeks before your race, that will be close enough...an 8K is 4.8 miles...

-We all love the calendar. You guys should look at Dave's calendar, he's on a peach rocket ship this month! Congrats on your 16 minutes of running! You're getting there...a race of any distance is completed one step at a time!

Q

2012-01-17 4:21 AM

Rochester
So I have a problem today. Due to my recent ankle surgery I cannot run for a couple more weeks. The last couple of weeks I have had to finish off some school stuff and not getting to the gym. Went yesterday and did my 5k walk like I had been doing. Well when I sat there last night and logged all my foods and exercise I had 1000 calories left for the day. There is no way I can do that before bed, so when I woke up today I am famished. I have already had an apple, peanut butter and some soup. Probably around 500-600 calories so far but I am STARVING!!! Obviously I don't want to eat some crap that will reek havoc on my blood sugars. Any ideas? Mark this might be up your alley d/t the diabetes.
2012-01-17 7:45 AM
in reply to: #3992753

User image

Sutton

Quincy,

In response to your question, plan, training, strategy.

Plan: Tri-Newbies Online training program - 18 week half ironman - intermidiate. As a base for my training: (www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingporgrams/tno_HIM.asp)

I plan to follow the structure of the program, but will adopt it to my schedule. The program as 2 to 3 training sessions per week that include 2 disciplines (swim/run or swim/ride). I will be doing those predominantly on weekends.

Swimming: 1-2 sessions per week. But not concerned about missing workouts. I'm currently swimming 1500m in 33-35m, using little or no kick, mainly for floatation. So working on my stroke, (currently at 20s/lap avg) to increase pulling strength/power.

Riding: 2-3 sessions per week. Using Cateye trainer and will start riding outdoors in April, if weather permits. Did 2,200km last year and climbed over 13,000 meters. Gear Treck Madone SL 5.2 - Shimano Ultegra (53/38 - 27/11).

Running: 2-3 sessions per week. Running with my neighbor, He's ran 10 marathons (Chicago, Boston) and over 200 other races and he's eager to help out. I plan to be running one to two 10km + by mid February. Gear Brooks Glycerin.

Started building a base in November and hope it will translate to my training.

Michel

2012-01-17 9:04 AM
in reply to: #3994420

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Michel.Sutton - 2012-01-17 7:45 AM

Quincy,

In response to your question, plan, training, strategy.

Plan: Tri-Newbies Online training program - 18 week half ironman - intermidiate. As a base for my training: (www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingporgrams/tno_HIM.asp)

I plan to follow the structure of the program, but will adopt it to my schedule. The program as 2 to 3 training sessions per week that include 2 disciplines (swim/run or swim/ride). I will be doing those predominantly on weekends.

Swimming: 1-2 sessions per week. But not concerned about missing workouts. I'm currently swimming 1500m in 33-35m, using little or no kick, mainly for floatation. So working on my stroke, (currently at 20s/lap avg) to increase pulling strength/power.

Riding: 2-3 sessions per week. Using Cateye trainer and will start riding outdoors in April, if weather permits. Did 2,200km last year and climbed over 13,000 meters. Gear Treck Madone SL 5.2 - Shimano Ultegra (53/38 - 27/11).

Running: 2-3 sessions per week. Running with my neighbor, He's ran 10 marathons (Chicago, Boston) and over 200 other races and he's eager to help out. I plan to be running one to two 10km + by mid February. Gear Brooks Glycerin.

Started building a base in November and hope it will translate to my training.

Michel

Michel,

you sound very organized, and with this kind of approach as long as you don't get derailed somehow (and by derailed I mean missing a month of build or something like that, not missing a session here and there) you WILL finish your MTHIM! 

Some people might encourage you to break your run up into 4 smaller sessions (or more to the point 3 smaller sessions with a long weekend run). But as long as you are doing what you are doing religiously, I think you will be fine!!! 

THanks for sharing.

2012-01-17 9:06 AM
in reply to: #3993722

Master
SouthSide of Chicago

quincyf - 2012-01-16 5:47 PM
mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 4:20 PMI've got a dinner date with a Treadmill tonight and possibly dessert with a pool.  Anyone else?
I got all my crap together, went to the pool full of trepidation for my first aqua jogging try. This I's a big deal cause it's my first time doing it and first time at a new pool...and you know just a lot of drama. And they were closed. Some bum told me hey they're closed for Columbus day. Ya thanks buddy. Except at least he knew it was closed. Argh!So I came home and did 48 minutes on that awesome green thing. Anyway...maybe I'll get in the pool tomorrow. Wish me luck. Did u get in the pool? I'm jealous! I think you all should go swim at least once for me this week. What do you say guys.? Swim 1(000) for the gipper!

Morning Q, Sorry to hear about the mix up.  That is utterly frustrating.  I made it to the gym way later than I had hoped for due to an unreasonably long meeting.  I shoudl have gone home as I was not in the right frame of mind and was starving.  So I decided to go anyway and ended up cramping up on the treadmil after 1 mile so I jumped off and skipped the swim.  Instead I hit the weights and then a bit of steam.  Tonight I will get my revenge on the gym!!  SPin tonight followed by a long swim. 

2012-01-17 9:08 AM
in reply to: #3993899

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
oriolepwr - 2012-01-16 7:49 PM

mjh1975 - 2012-01-16 4:20 PM I've got a dinner date with a Treadmill tonight and possibly dessert with a pool.  Anyone else?

Ha  I like that!   Did exactly that.  Ran on a tready at the gym with my DW and then we swam.      It's a good thing that the swim actually comes first in Triathlon. 

It funny I actually swim better after a workout (run or bike).  I'm not sure why but I think I am just a lot more relaxed. 

2012-01-17 9:09 AM
in reply to: #3994251

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico

peterflagg - 2012-01-17 4:21 AM So I have a problem today. Due to my recent ankle surgery I cannot run for a couple more weeks. The last couple of weeks I have had to finish off some school stuff and not getting to the gym. Went yesterday and did my 5k walk like I had been doing. Well when I sat there last night and logged all my foods and exercise I had 1000 calories left for the day. There is no way I can do that before bed, so when I woke up today I am famished. I have already had an apple, peanut butter and some soup. Probably around 500-600 calories so far but I am STARVING!!! Obviously I don't want to eat some crap that will reek havoc on my blood sugars. Any ideas? Mark this might be up your alley d/t the diabetes.

Peter, I think you learned a valuable lesson here...eat your calories during the day...

For quick, calorie dense food, perhaps you can keep some almonds and walnuts on hand? Also I like lean ham (kirkland is the BEST!!!) and lowfat cheese on a wasa cracker or whole wheat bread slice. Heck, a protein shake would have gotten you a lot closer to your 1000 calorie deficit...and easy to digest...any protein powder from the grocery store would work (protein powder, not diet drink powder). You already got the peanut butter.

My favorite go to food...fast to make, balanced, and yummy? A sandwich. Carbs, protein, whole wheat bread. Load that sucker up with as many veggies as will fit...perfect food. Just no high fat mayo or chees and keep the meats lean...roast beef (some), lean ham, chicken, turkey...viola!!!

HTH.

Let's hear from Shelly and everyone else...filling, but nutrient dense foods???

2012-01-17 10:21 AM

Rochester
Q,

I did learn that valuable lesson. I would so eat a sandwich but I have eliminated wheat and wheat products out of my diet. I do have 2 cheat meals a week so during those times I might have a wheat product. Mmmm a good slice of pizza from my old city of Buffalo sounds so good right now.
2012-01-17 12:34 PM
in reply to: #3994251

User image

Veteran

peterflagg - 2012-01-17 5:21 AM So I have a problem today. Due to my recent ankle surgery I cannot run for a couple more weeks. The last couple of weeks I have had to finish off some school stuff and not getting to the gym. Went yesterday and did my 5k walk like I had been doing. Well when I sat there last night and logged all my foods and exercise I had 1000 calories left for the day. There is no way I can do that before bed, so when I woke up today I am famished. I have already had an apple, peanut butter and some soup. Probably around 500-600 calories so far but I am STARVING!!! Obviously I don't want to eat some crap that will reek havoc on my blood sugars. Any ideas? Mark this might be up your alley d/t the diabetes.

I make my own version of an egg mcmuffin using a 100 calorie Thomas english muffin (which has high protein and fiber), a fried egg, a Morningstar veggie patty sausage and a kraft single About 300 calories and pretty balanced...and it's quick to make

2012-01-17 1:42 PM
in reply to: #3995225

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ybeal - 2012-01-17 12:34 PM

peterflagg - 2012-01-17 5:21 AM So I have a problem today. Due to my recent ankle surgery I cannot run for a couple more weeks. The last couple of weeks I have had to finish off some school stuff and not getting to the gym. Went yesterday and did my 5k walk like I had been doing. Well when I sat there last night and logged all my foods and exercise I had 1000 calories left for the day. There is no way I can do that before bed, so when I woke up today I am famished. I have already had an apple, peanut butter and some soup. Probably around 500-600 calories so far but I am STARVING!!! Obviously I don't want to eat some crap that will reek havoc on my blood sugars. Any ideas? Mark this might be up your alley d/t the diabetes.

I make my own version of an egg mcmuffin using a 100 calorie Thomas english muffin (which has high protein and fiber), a fried egg, a Morningstar veggie patty sausage and a kraft single About 300 calories and pretty balanced...and it's quick to make

That's almost exactly what I had this morning...kirkland ham slice and low fat swiss cheese instead of the veggie patty/kraft single...

2012-01-17 3:44 PM
in reply to: #3994684

User image

Expert
Hammond
quincyf - 2012-01-17 9:09 AM

peterflagg - 2012-

HTH.

I have a few suggestions for what I like. Unfortunately most of what I eat that's quick has wheat in it. I'll try to think of some that don't.

So here's off the top of my head suggestions-

1. a sandwich thin or english muffin topped with 2 tbsp peanut butter and 1 banana - I eat them open faced with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 banana on each piece, and sometimes I toast them and eat warm- yummy.

2. Take a large piece of lettuce ( bread size) top with slice of ham, lowfat cheese, and sometimes spinach leaves and/or small tomato slices- just depends on what's available and how hungry I am- roll it into a wrap and eat.

3. Wheat tortilla- 1-2 tbsp Ragu, Prego, or just sliced tomatoes (my preference) spread over tortilla then top with basil, spinach leaves, and scant amt. reduced fat mozarella cheese. Toast in toaster oven- delicious.

4. A single serving Greek yogurt with 1-2 spoonfuls of granola sprinkled in. I do like the fruit flavored ones although the plain with a spoon of honey is healthier. I figure I get to splurge somewhere- lol. Fage and Chiobani are my favorite brands.

5. I keep protein snack bars too for times just like this. Not my first choice but a quick one when necessary.

6. A couple of boiled eggs, or a quick scrambled egg with spinach, tomato and few ham cubes thrown in.

7. One of my kids favorites and sounds gross but we all love it- green beans in  scrambled eggs. To fix you take a can of cut green beans- saute them in frying pan for about five minutes, Then pour ~3-4 previously scrambled eggs over them and fry entire mixture. ( It's sort of like a fritata) The goal is to keep the whole mixture together like a pizza. My mom cooks one side until mostly done and then uses a plate to flip it over slide back into frying pan and cook the other side. She keeps hers all in one piece. I am not that good- I just let it cook until firm enough to flip and then I cut it into four large pieces and flip each one. Sprinkle lightly with salt. It's an old Italian recipe and is a huge hit with whoever tries it. Very healthy and delicious.

8. small grilled chicken salad

Most of the above are 150-350 calories depending on how big you make your portion sizes. The only one not meant for one person though is the scrambled egg with green beans.

The key to any nutritious snacks though is keeping the house stocked with what you need to fix them. We always keep fresh apples, bananas,spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, ham cubes, grilled chicken and salad fixings, including boiled eggs and wheat bread, tortillas and sandwich thins. I'll boil six or eight eggs at the beginning of the week. By 3-4 days later most of them, if not all are gone. But it makes it very easy to throw together something quick and healthy. Dh will grill some chicken breasts and cut them up also. If we don't have time we keep a bag of the frozen ones that are microwavable- once again not our first choice but sometimes necessary.

hth,

Shelly

2012-01-17 4:23 PM
in reply to: #3993989

User image

Veteran
quincyf - 2012-01-16 9:45 PM
TLakatos1259 - 2012-01-16 12:44 PM

My plan is simply to try to either run and bike every day that I can.  Mostly because my job as a security guard is extremely sedintary.  (Hence, my butt hurts all the time) Sealed

Other than Mondays, I'm home by 2:30 in the afternoon.  So I have time for either.  Hopefully I'll be able to join the community college rec center so I can start swimming next month.

I am currently following the couch to 5K run plan.

I did go to Road Runner Sports on Saturday and did the evaluation process, got fitted, and purchased a pair of Brooks Ghost 4, and 2 visors that were on sale.  Along with the insoles they formed for me.  I'm just a little "OFF" on the right side, hehehe.  Great experience.

Then funny thing though:  I thought it quite weird that there is a Five Guys Burgers & Fries next door.  So my dilema was to pick which one to go into first.  Laughing

So I guess I'm now comitted to this endevor.  That is what the little voices in my head say anyway.

Tom

Tom, you've been busy, and following our advice, "heart."

I have plenty of buddies who train for triathlons your way...we've had lots of discussions about their approach and what I think is that it is fine, and when it isn't enough anymore, you'll find another way to train. If it works for you forever, then it works for you. The most important thing is that you are training with some regularity. Everything else is just window dressing, IMHO.

How are you liking the couch to 5K plan? is it reasonable? I am thinking about doing it with my Daughter who wants to run a 5k this spring. I haven't looked at it yet...just wanted to get your opinion on it...

I run in Ghosts and visors!!!! Let me know how you like the Ghosts...they are a pretty neutral shoe, so I'm assuming you're not pronating much...

The greatest thing will be when you can have a 5 guys and not feel bad 'cause you've been training like a beast!  Awesome feeling...

Q

At some point I want to start a sprint Tri plan once I'm more than half way into the c2 5K plan.

The 16 week c to 5K is 30 minutes 3X week.  Which work for me since running is my worst area.  I never liked it when I was a kid because I was told not because of my heart.  My how things have changed in 50 years.

2012-01-17 4:24 PM

User image

Veteran

OK, so the few days off didn't help my weight. 

Secondly, I wanted to run today, rain forcasted all day.  About to get on trainer - sun comes out.  Look at radar, rain in area!  Half way thru workout, SUN STILL OUT    AAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!

I WILL RUN TOMORROW

2012-01-17 6:33 PM
in reply to: #3995784

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
fitmomma2010 - 2012-01-17 3:44 PM

peterflagg - 2012-

HTH.

I have a few suggestions for what I like. Unfortunately most of what I eat that's quick has wheat in it. I'll try to think of some that don't.

So here's off the top of my head suggestions-

1. a sandwich thin or english muffin topped with 2 tbsp peanut butter and 1 banana - I eat them open faced with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 banana on each piece, and sometimes I toast them and eat warm- yummy.

2. Take a large piece of lettuce ( bread size) top with slice of ham, lowfat cheese, and sometimes spinach leaves and/or small tomato slices- just depends on what's available and how hungry I am- roll it into a wrap and eat. Aha, the infamous lettuce wrap, well played!

3. Wheat tortilla- 1-2 tbsp Ragu, Prego, or just sliced tomatoes (my preference) spread over tortilla then top with basil, spinach leaves, and scant amt. reduced fat mozarella cheese. Toast in toaster oven- delicious. Could use a corn tortilla for a gluten free alternative???

4. A single serving Greek yogurt with 1-2 spoonfuls of granola sprinkled in. I do like the fruit flavored ones although the plain with a spoon of honey is healthier. I figure I get to splurge somewhere- lol. Fage and Chiobani are my favorite brands. Fage and Chobani are my favorites too...Shelly and I are for sale here, are you listening Fage/Chobani people? Seriously this stuff is amazing, I use it as a sub for oil in pancakes...low fat/high protein, what's not to love. You could go with some nuts for crunch and fruit for a gluten free sub.

5. I keep protein snack bars too for times just like this. Not my first choice but a quick one when necessary. Me too.

6. A couple of boiled eggs, or a quick scrambled egg with spinach, tomato and few ham cubes thrown in. Imma start doing this, great idea for a quick sumpinsumpin to grab...

7. One of my kids favorites and sounds gross but we all love it- green beans in  scrambled eggs. To fix you take a can of cut green beans- saute them in frying pan for about five minutes, Then pour ~3-4 previously scrambled eggs over them and fry entire mixture. ( It's sort of like a fritata) The goal is to keep the whole mixture together like a pizza. My mom cooks one side until mostly done and then uses a plate to flip it over slide back into frying pan and cook the other side. She keeps hers all in one piece. I am not that good- I just let it cook until firm enough to flip and then I cut it into four large pieces and flip each one. Sprinkle lightly with salt. It's an old Italian recipe and is a huge hit with whoever tries it. Very healthy and delicious. Going to try this too, love green beans and eggs...thinking a balsamic vinegar drizzle over it, maybe some chopped cherry tomatos for a garnish, yum!

8. small grilled chicken salad How much chicken do you use here? I'm thinking no more than 3-4 oz???

Most of the above are 150-350 calories depending on how big you make your portion sizes. The only one not meant for one person though is the scrambled egg with green beans.

The key to any nutritious snacks though is keeping the house stocked with what you need to fix them. We always keep fresh apples, bananas,spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, ham cubes, grilled chicken and salad fixings, including boiled eggs and wheat bread, tortillas and sandwich thins. I'll boil six or eight eggs at the beginning of the week. By 3-4 days later most of them, if not all are gone. But it makes it very easy to throw together something quick and healthy. Dh will grill some chicken breasts and cut them up also. If we don't have time we keep a bag of the frozen ones that are microwavable- once again not our first choice but sometimes necessary. Frozen chicken, ground turkey, veggies, even certain fruits all come in handy for simplifying healthy eating!!! Thanks so much Shell'

hth,

Shelly

2012-01-17 8:18 PM
in reply to: #3994186

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Ybeal - 2012-01-16 11:21 PM

Like the progress.  Love the excitement/happy vibe even more than that!   

2012-01-17 8:39 PM
in reply to: #3994684

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

peterflagg - 2012-01-17 4:21 AM So I have a problem today. Due to my recent ankle surgery I cannot run for a couple more weeks. The last couple of weeks I have had to finish off some school stuff and not getting to the gym. Went yesterday and did my 5k walk like I had been doing. Well when I sat there last night and logged all my foods and exercise I had 1000 calories left for the day. There is no way I can do that before bed, so when I woke up today I am famished. I have already had an apple, peanut butter and some soup. Probably around 500-600 calories so far but I am STARVING!!! Obviously I don't want to eat some crap that will reek havoc on my blood sugars. Any ideas? Mark this might be up your alley d/t the diabetes.

Peter, I think you learned a valuable lesson here...eat your calories during the day...

For quick, calorie dense food, perhaps you can keep some almonds and walnuts on hand? Also I like lean ham (kirkland is the BEST!!!) and lowfat cheese on a wasa cracker or whole wheat bread slice. Heck, a protein shake would have gotten you a lot closer to your 1000 calorie deficit...and easy to digest...any protein powder from the grocery store would work (protein powder, not diet drink powder). You already got the peanut butter.

My favorite go to food...fast to make, balanced, and yummy? A sandwich. Carbs, protein, whole wheat bread. Load that sucker up with as many veggies as will fit...perfect food. Just no high fat mayo or chees and keep the meats lean...roast beef (some), lean ham, chicken, turkey...viola!!!

HTH.

UGH  sorry.  bet you are itching to run.  Good that you are walking the distances (it will help)    

Its good you are super aware about your nutrition.   
As you ramp up training,  you will need to take on enough FUEL to train on.       But the issue with that comes, that your body starts WANTING more food.    On big training days well, no biggie,  issue comes after you are injured, or take a couple of days off.    Have to be super aware of where you are at.      Also as you build more muscle,  you do not want to LOSE some of it  by undercutting your calorie intake too much.    I'm sure by your post that you are aware that it be no more that -500 or so.   Or you run risk of being under fueled, and/or your body breaking down muscle for energy.       This is why the protein shake (one of Q's suggestions)  would have been my choice.  (or beer, but that's another story)

Kirkland Ham-  my daughter Sarah LOVES this.  But the package has soooo much of it that we get from our Kirkland Super store, that some goes bad before it all gets used.     

Walnuts-  KIRKLAND walnuts  are the best roasted walnuts bar none.  and yes a great snack, and good for you.   We buy the big old jar of it, and I take some to work in a per-measured amount so I know  "ok that's my snack"

2012-01-18 10:56 AM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Anyone hazard a guess on the mileage for 100 RPM on a bike equates to?
2012-01-18 11:11 AM
in reply to: #3997183

User image

Veteran

mjh1975 - 2012-01-18 11:56 AM Anyone hazard a guess on the mileage for 100 RPM on a bike equates to?

Ohhh this sounds way too mathematical for me ! But yesterday on the stationary bike I kept it between 95-110rpm for the majority of the time and it worked out to be approx. 15miles/hr.  But I'm sure the resistance and whether you are using a stationary bike or biking outside makes a big difference.  So in my case I think the 100rpm for one minute would have been approx. 1/4 mile per minute

Edited by Ybeal 2012-01-18 11:12 AM
2012-01-18 11:22 AM
in reply to: #3997220

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Ybeal - 2012-01-18 11:11 AM

mjh1975 - 2012-01-18 11:56 AM Anyone hazard a guess on the mileage for 100 RPM on a bike equates to?

Ohhh this sounds way too mathematical for me ! But yesterday on the stationary bike I kept it between 95-110rpm for the majority of the time and it worked out to be approx. 15miles/hr.  But I'm sure the resistance and whether you are using a stationary bike or biking outside makes a big difference.  So in my case I think the 100rpm for one minute would have been approx. 1/4 mile per minute

Im with you on the mathmatical issue, and thanks for the input, it sounds right.

2012-01-18 12:11 PM
in reply to: #3997257

User image

Quick question:  when swimming how many strokes before you take a breath, generally speaking?

I am going to use the beginner half ironman 20 week free training program - with some daily changes to fit my schedule.  This will officially start the end of February.  I'll start posting on the calendar training log now though. 

Got my used road bike 2010 trek 2.3 (went for comfortSmile)- haven't hooked up to the trainer yet.  Have to transfer my pedals over.  Not ready for clip ins.  Have to get an aerobar for it too. 

Edited by trei 2012-01-18 12:20 PM
2012-01-18 1:00 PM
in reply to: #3997183

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
mjh1975 - 2012-01-18 10:56 AMAnyone hazard a guess on the mileage for 100 RPM on a bike equates to?
How exactly are u measuring RPM?
2012-01-18 1:12 PM
in reply to: #3997418

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
trei - 2012-01-18 12:11 PM

Quick question:  when swimming how many strokes before you take a breath, generally speaking?

I am going to use the beginner half ironman 20 week free training program - with some daily changes to fit my schedule.  This will officially start the end of February.  I'll start posting on the calendar training log now though. 

Got my used road bike 2010 trek 2.3 (went for comfortSmile)- haven't hooked up to the trainer yet.  Have to transfer my pedals over.  Not ready for clip ins.  Have to get an aerobar for it too. 

Awesome! You have to get a pic up for us to see! You are on your way! You must be so happy to have the bike thing worked out. Hope you got a great deal. I will vary between 2-3 strokes. Meaning on a long slower swim set im going bi lateral. But if i push too hard i will just go every other stroke to one side to catch up. This group has been so good at getting stuff DONE! Happy for us all!
2012-01-18 1:13 PM
in reply to: #3997418

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Dp

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-01-18 1:18 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » QuincyF and Oriolepwr's Magical Mys-tri Tour for Newbies Has Begun (CLOSED) Rss Feed  

of 44