BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-01-13 3:27 PM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED
@Tim:  Wow, that heart thing sounds exactly like an event I get on occassion.  Feels like a depression, similar to falling or going down a hill on a rollar coaster and is often accomponied with fluttering in the neck.  I have had several stress test done over the years with no cause.  After reading up on ?PVC's just now it makes me wan't to question my Doc about this as a possible cause in March during my annual physical.

2012-01-13 4:01 PM

User image

Jackson, MS

Lots of soccer!  We have an ENT resident team that plays at the local YMCA.  We are terrible and it's awesome.  We're also the only co-ed team (although it's technically a co-ed league).  It's indoor and it's fast and it kicks our tails every time!

On call this weekend.  I am GOING TO break out the trainer.  (that was me psyching myself up).  Went to yoga last night and I can barely raise my arms.  By the tenth sun salutation, I was about dead.

2012-01-13 4:13 PM
in reply to: #3989237

User image

Expert

haha - yeah I took 2 stress tests, 2 holter monitors, was hooked up to the EKG for hours each ER visit and they just kept telling me my heart was fine - even saying that I had the heart of a professional athlete.  I was starting to think i was just imagining it!  Then in 2009 they caught it - Basically I think they really have to know what to look for - I bet Mary could jump in on this one -She is almost becoming my private sports doctor!  Mention it to your doctor though for sure!

Speaking of which - as I mentioned before I am a total hypochondriac and I was getting my hair cut last night and the girl noticed I have a small bald spot (size of a quarter) on the back of my head.  She called it Alopecia.  I looked it up last night and it is an autoimmune disease that actually attacks the hair follicles.  I then remembered that the last 6 months I have had a small dime size smooth patch below my side burns that wouldn't grow facial hair so I am pretty sure I have this.  Telling someone who obsesses on health and will do anything to not get sick or catch a cold they have an autoimmune disease is just making me crazy.  I guess I am heading back to the doc...With this whole liver episode and now this Alopcia the wife is convinced the training is bad for me.  I told her she is crazy.  I am sure that will put her at easeWink.  

Batlou - 2012-01-13 3:27 PM @Tim:  Wow, that heart thing sounds exactly like an event I get on occassion.  Feels like a depression, similar to falling or going down a hill on a rollar coaster and is often accomponied with fluttering in the neck.  I have had several stress test done over the years with no cause.  After reading up on ?PVC's just now it makes me wan't to question my Doc about this as a possible cause in March during my annual physical.

2012-01-13 4:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Weird fact - I have a special relationship with Louisville.  I ran my first 1/2 marathon there, my first (only?) IM there, and on a lucky May saturday just after winning the daily double I bumped into a girl that later became my wife.  I lived in Atlanta and was visiting for the Kentucky Derby.  She was working in Louisville for a radio station.  Dating was done via long distance for a little while before I moved up to where she lived.  The rest is history...
2012-01-13 4:25 PM
in reply to: #3989326

User image

Veteran

Darn it, I did it again...

DaDooRunRun - 2012-01-13 5:18 PM Weird fact - I have a special relationship with Louisville.  I ran my first 1/2 marathon there, my first (only?) IM there, and on a lucky May saturday just after winning the daily double I bumped into a girl that later became my wife.  I lived in Atlanta and was visiting for the Kentucky Derby.  She was working in Louisville for a radio station.  Dating was done via long distance for a little while before I moved up to where she lived.  The rest is history...

2012-01-13 4:47 PM

User image

Expert

That would be definitely be a one weird fact if your wife actually did post this -haha

DaDooRunRun - 2012-01-13 4:18 PM

I bumped into a girl that later became my wife.

2012-01-13 7:57 PM
in reply to: #3987666

User image

Expert

My goal is to get in at least 6 hours/week up until my actual plan starts the week of 2/14.

razorxp - 2012-01-12 10:14 PM

OK group its time to set some measurable goals for the rest of the month:  I don't care what it is but lets all come up with one (ie power improvement, weight loss, x miles s/b/r) just something you can be held accountable for.  Start thinking and we will start Monday.  Even if your being coached you have to have some type of goal in place.

Looks like we are finally getting our winter weather in the midwest, gonna make flying home even worse.

2012-01-13 8:23 PM

User image

Expert
@dadoorunun: Ok, so being that I am from Louisville and listen to a lot radio. Who is the girl?
2012-01-13 8:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

My goal is to hit at least 90% of my training plan for the rest of the month.

@KC - Figure skating Mum huh - My daughter has taken up figure skating. For someone that didn't grow up skating, she's pretty good at it!

Ok, my WEIRD fact Friday (Embarassed).....  I used to work in a veterinary practice and would castrate the cats.

2012-01-13 9:22 PM
in reply to: #3989120

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Tim. I am like you and do not belong to a club yet. I am planning on joining the one here in Windsor but doubt I will get much out of it. So far, I do almost all my training on my own - I think I am a bit anti-social or perhaps just weird I guess - after all is is weird fact Friday LOL.

I will share my heart issues with the group nex Friday for my weird fact. After that I will probably be out of weird facts Smile - pretty boring guy I guess.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-01-13 3:41 PM

Wow - can't believe how many of you are part of a triathlon club.  I have an informal group of unbelievable athletes that I try to ride or swim with occasionally just to push myself but other that that I am all solo.  Just with my schedule I find it hard to coordinate workouts with other people or wait on someone.

So my weird fact for Friday is that I have a heart condition called PVC's.  During my marathon training in 2008 I ended up in the ER three times thinking I was gonna die because my heart was skipping beats and felt that dropping sensation like when going down a roller coaster.  I was getting them about every 20 seconds.    Always checked out completely normal - finally in 2009 during my training while at the cardiologist on an EKG he was able to catch it happening and diagnosed it.   Since then when I hit a mileage of 20miles/week running i get it - really weird.  Basically I have just become used to it.  In 2009 I was pretty sure I was gonna be found dead on the running path so I got a Road ID (would make for a great commercial-haha). Plus my Dad had a heart attack when he was 34 so that didn't help my mental state either.

It doesn't affect me anymore and actually since I have been doing triathlon training the past 3 years i don't feel it.  But sure enough when I was doing my marathon training last spring and hit 20 miles wee - I got them.

2012-01-13 9:23 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Skinny Arm-Brian-DaDooRunRun- great story.

DaDooRunRun - 2012-01-13 5:18 PM Weird fact - I have a special relationship with Louisville.  I ran my first 1/2 marathon there, my first (only?) IM there, and on a lucky May saturday just after winning the daily double I bumped into a girl that later became my wife.  I lived in Atlanta and was visiting for the Kentucky Derby.  She was working in Louisville for a radio station.  Dating was done via long distance for a little while before I moved up to where she lived.  The rest is history...

2012-01-13 9:25 PM
in reply to: #3989656

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Cheeky Deb - she sounds like a very talented young lady.

I guess I now know why you like that red spandex picture so much - ouch.

cheekymonkeys1 - 2012-01-13 9:58 PM

My goal is to hit at least 90% of my training plan for the rest of the month.

@KC - Figure skating Mum huh - My daughter has taken up figure skating. For someone that didn't grow up skating, she's pretty good at it!

Ok, my WEIRD fact Friday (Embarassed).....  I used to work in a veterinary practice and would castrate the cats.

2012-01-13 9:29 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Ok Team - long day for me today.

I got a swim in at lunch but cut it short after 750 meters because my right shoulder was giving me some pain. I think I tweaked it yesterday lifting and then tweaked it again while I was doing some yoga posses that had me stretching my arms and shoulders. I came home and iced it for a while after my short swim and I am hoping it is ok. I then did 90 minutes on the trianer followed by 30 minutes on the tread mill. I am taking tomorrow off. It has been a long week back at school and my body is telling me I need to rest a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone and safe travels Coach.

KC

2012-01-13 10:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

LOL KC - My daughter saw your response and asked what the 'spandex pic' was.

She's not impressed. "Eeeeww, that's vile, why wouldn't someone tell them they looked like that???!!"

2012-01-13 10:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

KC- Sorry to hear about your shoulder...if you need any advice if it is still bothering you after a day off, I'd be happy to give some suggestions.

I just got home from the most amazing night.  My husband completely surprised me tonight with a horse drawn carriage ride and sushi dinner.  I was laying on the couch relaxing until soccer at 11, and suddenly a friend text messaged me that she was in a fight with her boyfriend, and needed to vent, so she wanted to come pick me up to vent.  I said sure, changed out of my sweats, only to head outside and find Billy standing by the horse drawn carriage.  It was awesome, there was snow and everything.    Laughing

Guess that means I'll be able to sleep soon and get up in time for masters swim in the morning...

2012-01-13 10:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Mary, did you break the trainer out in the end? Mine is sitting in the dining room making me feel guilty too.

Must.find.motivation.

2012-01-13 11:16 PM

New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

A little late for fact Friday, but here's what I've got: I currently live in the same town where the inventor of basketball was born.  The basic landscape of the town has not changed in 150 years or so (seriously there are pictures of the main street from the mid-nineteenth century and the place basically looks the same), which I absolutely love (I'm a sucker for history).

In other news, I had been unbelievably lazy all week, so I agreed to play a double-header for soccer last night just to get myself moving.  I played one game with my own team and then a second with our group's other team (it's a corporate team for a company that I have never worked for), both losses, but at least it got me moving... Then today I got to spend a good 80 minutes clearing snow from our driveway - good times.  At least it's pretty out there. Plan is to run and hot yoga tomorrow, then spin and softball (indoor) on Sunday.

Happy weekend all!

2012-01-14 7:10 AM
in reply to: #3989618

User image

Veteran

Batlou - 2012-01-13 9:23 PM @dadoorunun: Ok, so being that I am from Louisville and listen to a lot radio. Who is the girl?

You would have to have some really deep knowledge of your radio market. She was a promotions manager for lite 106.9, and left that job in 1998.

2012-01-14 8:12 AM
in reply to: #3989732

User image

Expert

Wow - was it a special occasion or was that just completely out of the blue? Sounds nice.

Jennifers - 2012-01-13 10:40 PM

I just got home from the most amazing night.  My husband completely surprised me tonight with a horse drawn carriage ride and sushi dinner.  I was laying on the couch relaxing until soccer at 11, and suddenly a friend text messaged me that she was in a fight with her boyfriend, and needed to vent, so she wanted to come pick me up to vent.  I said sure, changed out of my sweats, only to head outside and find Billy standing by the horse drawn carriage.  It was awesome, there was snow and everything.    Laughing

2012-01-14 8:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Yep...early birthday present.  I turn 30 today, and since I have plans all day, he decided to do all that yeseterday.

Well, I am off to ride and swim...didn't get up in time for masters, so I'm going to the university pool instead.

2012-01-14 9:24 AM
in reply to: #3989976

User image

Expert

Very cool.  Happy 30th!  Enjoy your day.

Jennifers - 2012-01-14 8:22 AM

Yep...early birthday present.  I turn 30 today, and since I have plans all day, he decided to do all that yeseterday.

Well, I am off to ride and swim...didn't get up in time for masters, so I'm going to the university pool instead.

2012-01-14 11:38 AM

User image

Veteran

Happy birthday Jennifer.

Finished nice 16 mile run with last 3.5 at hard pace, trying to get to race pace.  Not quite able - 7:27 /mile instead of 7:15.  17 degrees and slick roads, I won't complain.  HOpe everyone has a good weekend of fun and working out.

Enjoy football, if I had a trainer this weekend would be an ok time to be on it.

2012-01-14 3:08 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I woke up with a migraine - have not had one in while so I am trying to figure out what the trigger might be - I am guessing the change in weather conditions. I am also wondering if the fact that for the
last 2 days I have been wearing a pair of new orthotics to try to help with lesion on my right planter fasciitis tendon that I have been putting up with for a while might have something to do with it. As a migraine sufferer, when you get one you are always trying to figure out what caused it so you can add it to the list of things to avoid. Has anyone ever heard of the possibility of orthotics triggering migraines? I know it is a stretch but I also know every part of our amazing machines are connected and you never know.

Tim – as you can see from above, you are not the only hypochondriac in the group but my moto is better safe then sorry - please let us know what you find out about your alopecia.

Heather - cool fact about where you live.

SkinnyarmBrian - nice run my friend - looks like you are close.

Jenny - sounds like a great surprise, he must be a great guy - first - happy birthday - second - thanks for the offer to help with the shoulder, I hope it does not amount to much but I have included a picture for you below and where I was feeling the pain - any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a question for the group - my new bike will be here in March and I am already thinking about gadgets and gizmos for it. You have already been very helpful regarding a possible saddle, now I am looking for some input on what type of bike computer I should put on it? I am looking at the Garmin Edge 200 right now. What does everyone use?

Have a great day team.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-14 3:12 PM

(shoulder.jpg)

(15[1].gif)

Attachments
----------------
shoulder.jpg (67KB - 9 downloads)
15[1].gif (6KB - 9 downloads)
2012-01-14 5:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario

congrats on the new bike - what is it?

For bike computer I have a VDO with cadence on my old bike, a super cheap Filzer on my mountain bike and nothing on my Cervelo P1. I seem to have rampant paranoia so always feel that I am going too slow and must push harder. As a result I DO ride faster on my non computered bike.

2012-01-14 5:48 PM
in reply to: #3990532

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Dave - hope all is well. It is a Specialized Shiv Comp Rival. Picture below. Still trying to come up with a name for it LOL.

DaveL - 2012-01-14 6:02 PM

congrats on the new bike - what is it?

For bike computer I have a VDO with cadence on my old bike, a super cheap Filzer on my mountain bike and nothing on my Cervelo P1. I seem to have rampant paranoia so always feel that I am going too slow and must push harder. As a result I DO ride faster on my non computered bike.

(mybike.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
mybike.jpg (44KB - 8 downloads)
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43