BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-05-14 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4206591

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel"-OPEN
trei - 2012-05-12 7:38 PM

my roadie - the Black River below the Hatfield dam

picture from my ride this morning - the Black River below Hatfield Dam

a rest spot going uphill near Saddle Mound

a rest break on a hill below Saddle Mound

Dude!  thanks for sharing!   I love to see where others train. 

2012-05-14 3:35 PM
in reply to: #4128570

User image

Veteran

Hey gang! DH and I drove to Charlotte on Friday to do a 5k, last minute kinda thing, MIL is visiting so we took off and left her with the kiddies! Nice course in downtown Charlotte, ran in my new Brooks Cadence which I'm really liking so far, the bad news is I really hit a wall after the first 2 miles, duh, forgot to eat, not a good idea. So finally convince DH to just go already (he was driving me nuts) Wink The last 1/2 mile was really hard, but I kept running, felt like throwing up, but kept running.  So after finishing, had to keep moving or pass out, got some gatorade and oranges, felt better.  Back to hotel to shower and then we went out for a nice romantic italian dinner, sat on the patio, such a warm night, sigh I miss those pre-kids days sometimes when we could do that when ever we wanted.

SO, you know that saying 'careful what you wish for?' I wished DH would run some with me, good news is that he's started, bad news, he's quickly surpassed me in speed and endurance *jealous* < is there an icon for that?? I've created a monster! He's obsessed with finding races to do! We might just go broke Money mouth but I guess we'll be poor and healthy! Now I've got the whole family in on it, so no backing out

Have a great day all!

Yvonne

2012-05-14 8:24 PM
in reply to: #4209127

User image

Master
St. Louis

Sarah73 - 2012-05-14 3:00 PM I thought y'all might get a kick out of this...one of my five year olds wrote this as part of her mother's day booklet in kindergarten.

Love it!

2012-05-14 8:27 PM
in reply to: #4209247

User image

Master
St. Louis
Ybeal - 2012-05-14 3:35 PM

Hey gang! DH and I drove to Charlotte on Friday to do a 5k, last minute kinda thing, MIL is visiting so we took off and left her with the kiddies! Nice course in downtown Charlotte, ran in my new Brooks Cadence which I'm really liking so far, the bad news is I really hit a wall after the first 2 miles, duh, forgot to eat, not a good idea. So finally convince DH to just go already (he was driving me nuts) Wink The last 1/2 mile was really hard, but I kept running, felt like throwing up, but kept running.  So after finishing, had to keep moving or pass out, got some gatorade and oranges, felt better.  Back to hotel to shower and then we went out for a nice romantic italian dinner, sat on the patio, such a warm night, sigh I miss those pre-kids days sometimes when we could do that when ever we wanted.

SO, you know that saying 'careful what you wish for?' I wished DH would run some with me, good news is that he's started, bad news, he's quickly surpassed me in speed and endurance *jealous* < is there an icon for that?? I've created a monster! He's obsessed with finding races to do! We might just go broke Money mouth but I guess we'll be poor and healthy! Now I've got the whole family in on it, so no backing out

Have a great day all!

Yvonne

That's great DH is running with you! 

2012-05-14 9:32 PM
in reply to: #4206596

User image

Expert
Hammond
trei - 2012-05-12 7:41 PM

And one more.  A Shameless Spawn Pride photomy kids running their first 5k in LaCrosse

My kids running their first 5k in LaCrosse

They look great. I'm impressed with them for doing a 5k. That's awesome.

Shelly
2012-05-14 9:35 PM
in reply to: #4209247

User image

Expert
Hammond
Ybeal - 2012-05-14 3:35 PM

Have a great day all!

Yvonne

Sounds like a wonderful, spontaneous get away. I love those. And yep- you've created a monster. I've created the same one around here. Now he's looking at the Disney Marathon in January - I had to remind him that we haven't won the lottery- hehe.

And yeah- mine is way faster and can go longer than I can- it just ain't fair- lol.

Shelly

2012-05-14 9:38 PM
in reply to: #4209127

User image

Expert
Hammond
Sarah73 - 2012-05-14 3:00 PM

I thought y'all might get a kick out of this...one of my five year olds wrote this as part of her mother's day booklet in kindergarten.

That is hysterical. It's so funny sometimes to get their perceptions on things. That is just too cute.

Shelly
2012-05-14 9:41 PM
in reply to: #4202133

User image

Expert
Hammond
TLakatos1259 - 2012-05-10 10:18 AM

OWS fears.

I found this link on my Active.com account.  Maybe it will help.

http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/Open-Water-Fears-and-How-to-Conquer-Them.htm?cmp=306&memberid=116882131&lyrisid=25323874&email=tomtom1259@yahoo.com

That is a really great link. Thanks for sharing it.

Shelly
2012-05-14 9:44 PM
in reply to: #4203836

User image

Expert
Hammond
Lesandtj - 2012-05-10 11:26 PM

I think it is funny to be happy that I have soft tissue damage. But it was good news! At this point he thinks I have the beginnings of a pinched nerve. The metatarsal joint of my 2nd toe is pretty swollen and he thinks that it is causing the nerve issues. I can still bike and swim and when the swelling and consequently the pain subside, I can start running again. Whoo Hooo! 

He prescribed anti-inflammatories and RICE.  I just ate a huge bowl of rice and my foot still hurts. Oh well....  

Thanks for all the words of encouragement! 

Glad to hear the relatively good news. Maybe you should've eaten brown rice- it is the healthier option you know. Try that and see it works any better- lol.

Shelly
2012-05-14 10:13 PM
in reply to: #4204298

User image

Expert
Hammond
mjh1975 - 2012-05-11 9:28 AM

Less than 30 days till my first Tri.  Gosh darn I've got to get my butt back into the pool..

Well did you do it? I hope you didn't just put your butt in though. It's just not as effective as using your whole body to swim.

Now I just need to practice what I preach-lol. Although I did swim 440m today - not much but better than nothing.

Shelly
2012-05-14 10:19 PM
in reply to: #4205637

User image

Expert
Hammond
trei - 2012-05-11 7:13 PM

4b

Sorry, I have been a lurker on the group lately.  I have kept up with the posts, but couldn't think of anything constructive to add....Laughing.  I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on either web links, books or whatever on bike maintenance.  If I were to get a flat at this point; I would be done.  I can change a flat car tire, but get one on a bike and I'd be walkin home.  Hopefully it doesn't happen tomorrow, planning on my first long outdoor ride. 

Todd

So did you get your ride in? I have been trying to ride more but it doesnt always work out.

As far as bike maintenance, I really don't know much about it myself. I can change a flat but that's about it. I know the Zen and the art of bike Maintenance book is usually recommended. I keep meaning to get it but haven't yet. I have a couple of bicycle magazine books but haven't really done much with them. This is definitely an area I need to work on. Let me know if you find something that is just super.

Shelly

2012-05-14 10:25 PM
in reply to: #4206036

User image

Expert
Hammond
trirun26 - 2012-05-12 8:08 AM

Hi everyone!!! wow....I have missed sooooooooo much, how do I catch up??Surprised

My trip was fantastic! Spain and Portugal were incredible, and Oh! the wine, the food...yummy in my tummy!!! Needless to say, eventhough I did alot of walking I did nooooo running. I HAVE to get back to my tri training as I am starting to get cranky about it.

Congrats to everyone who has raced! and for those who have experienced panic attacks in the water...have no fear you will get over them...I did and I had them bad! remember I was the one who would actually get out of the water and not even finish the swim. I have never done an indoor tri, hmmmmm I think that for me would be more intimidating due to the closed in space.

Dave....love the new addition to the family!!! wow, so handsome...how are the kitties doing with him? do the girls just lovel him?

PF has shown its ugly faceYell again.....so, I am icing, rolling and wearing my sexy sock at nightWink. I hope it goes away quick, I feel that I can not get on with things here because when it is not one thing is the other. Oh yeah, the neuropathy in my hands is really making my biking hard!!! arggggggg....

k, I told you guys I was getting cranky....lol...

happy and safe training to all...hopefully now that I am back I can keep up with the posts!

Alicia

Alicia,
I want to see pics too ;-). And I sooooo feel your PF pain. I have been battling it for about three months now. So far nothing seems to be working. Just about ready to throw in the towel and see a sports medicine ortho. I've tried the icing, rolling, arch braces-night time and day, exercises, different shoes. The only thing I think I haven't tried is the sexy sock and it's because I have the night splint thing. Let me know if you find a magic cure- cause I want it- lol.

Now see we can be cranky together- hehe.

Glad you are back,

Shelly
2012-05-15 1:14 PM
in reply to: #4209839

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
fitmomma2010 - 2012-05-14 11:25 PM

Hi everyone!!! wow....I have missed sooooooooo much, how do I catch up??Surprised

My trip was fantastic! Spain and Portugal were incredible, and Oh! the wine, the food...yummy in my tummy!!! Needless to say, eventhough I did alot of walking I did nooooo running. I HAVE to get back to my tri training as I am starting to get cranky about it.

Congrats to everyone who has raced! and for those who have experienced panic attacks in the water...have no fear you will get over them...I did and I had them bad! remember I was the one who would actually get out of the water and not even finish the swim. I have never done an indoor tri, hmmmmm I think that for me would be more intimidating due to the closed in space.

Dave....love the new addition to the family!!! wow, so handsome...how are the kitties doing with him? do the girls just lovel him?

PF has shown its ugly faceYell again.....so, I am icing, rolling and wearing my sexy sock at nightWink. I hope it goes away quick, I feel that I can not get on with things here because when it is not one thing is the other. Oh yeah, the neuropathy in my hands is really making my biking hard!!! arggggggg....

happy and safe training to all...hopefully now that I am back I can keep up with the posts!

Alicia

Alicia, I want to see pics too ;-). And I sooooo feel your PF pain. I have been battling it for about three months now. So far nothing seems to be working. Just about ready to throw in the towel and see a sports medicine ortho. I've tried the icing, rolling, arch braces-night time and day, exercises, different shoes. The only thing I think I haven't tried is the sexy sock and it's because I have the night splint thing. Let me know if you find a magic cure- cause I want it- lol. Now see we can be cranky together- hehe. Glad you are back, Shelly

Shelly,

Soon I will have the pics! I had so much fun it is really hard to come back to the reality of life...lol...

PF stinks! I am about to try another pair of shoes with new inserts to see if they help. The funny things is that 3 weeks of alot of walking and noooooooo pain, I return to work and after my first shift PF shows its ugly face :-(

I keep telling my husband I am just allergic to work!!! but he is not listening...lol

Happy training...Alicia

2012-05-15 1:14 PM
in reply to: #4209839

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
fitmomma2010 - 2012-05-14 11:25 PM

Alicia

Alicia, I want to see pics too ;-). And I sooooo feel your PF pain. I have been battling it for about three months now. So far nothing seems to be working. Just about ready to throw in the towel and see a sports medicine ortho. I've tried the icing, rolling, arch braces-night time and day, exercises, different shoes. The only thing I think I haven't tried is the sexy sock and it's because I have the night splint thing. Let me know if you find a magic cure- cause I want it- lol. Now see we can be cranky together- hehe. Glad you are back, Shelly

Shelly,

Soon I will have the pics! I had so much fun it is really hard to come back to the reality of life...lol...

PF stinks! I am about to try another pair of shoes with new inserts to see if they help. The funny things is that 3 weeks of alot of walking and noooooooo pain, I return to work and after my first shift PF shows its ugly face :-(

I keep telling my husband I am just allergic to work!!! but he is not listening...lol

Happy training...Alicia

Edited by trirun26 2012-05-15 1:19 PM
2012-05-15 7:10 PM

User image

Veteran

Man I feel for all of you with PF! I had that last year and it s*cks!

You've probably done a ton of research but I've always liked the stretches that this site shows:

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/foot-heel-pain/plantar-fasciitis/stretching-exercises-plantar-fasciitis 

Also, my mom had great success with the strassburg sock and she had really bad pf for a long time, for what it's worth...feel better!

2012-05-15 9:21 PM
in reply to: #4209118

User image

Master
St. Louis
oriolepwr - 2012-05-14 2:57 PM

ransick - 2012-05-13 2:10 PM First race of the season was this morning and I PR'd this sprint course by 5+ minutes!  Good start to the season.

Yes Very good start Mike!   Another PR for next weekend now  right??  

If the wind is decent on the bike and it's not too hot on the run, a PR is a real possibility.  The bike is out in the country and last year there was a brutal headwind on the way back.  The run is out and back over a dam lined with rocks that radiate heat like a sauna and the last two years it's been hot.

2012-05-15 10:52 PM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
A great spin (1.50 hours) and swim (30min.) night tonight. I hope that you all are doing well. Enjoy!
2012-05-16 12:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula
2012-05-16 1:25 PM
in reply to: #4213155

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
Lesandtj - 2012-05-16 1:50 PM

Need a chuckle? Or a new phobia?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19186_the-5-most-terrifying-side-effects-exercise.html

Lol!!Laughing...thank you for posting this article...I needed a good laugh right now and I got it!

I specially like the guy running with the bloody nipples...ahhhhh looks painful.

2012-05-16 1:32 PM

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach

Well, I guess I have done pretty good this week with biking. I biked 12 on monday, 22 on tuesday and 22 today. I have to get back in the pool and no running for 2 weeks to see if my PF gets better.

I miss the bike riding days when I would go out and do 50, 60, 80! I think my body is in shock from going from heavy training to zero...nada...zippoUndecided.As my husband says...be patient..be patient it will all come back.

I am thinking of signing up for an olympic in July, hubby says do the sprint...crazy mou says olympic...what to do..what to do..

hope everyone is having a great day! Cheers to all!

Alicia

2012-05-16 4:18 PM

User image

Veteran

My friend that came with me to my first triathlon took some pictures.  Well, she had a book made and gave me the hard copy the other day.  The link below will allow everyone to check it out.  I'm sharing this not for me, but if someone wants to do it for your DH/DW it would be a cool gift.  I thought so!

http://app.picaboo.com/WebView/Project.aspx?clientID=c149f976e47ff0430c02169d45607a77&version=231328&siteID=ViaPreview

BTW, my next TRI is Saturday 5/26.  Rented wetsuit should show up tomorrow.

Tom

2012-05-16 7:09 PM
in reply to: #4212045

User image

Veteran

mjh1975 - 2012-05-15 11:52 PM A great spin (1.50 hours) and swim (30min.) night tonight. I hope that you all are doing well. Enjoy!

Awesome workout!  Good for you!

2012-05-16 7:11 PM
in reply to: #4213655

User image

Veteran
TLakatos1259 - 2012-05-16 5:18 PM

My friend that came with me to my first triathlon took some pictures.  Well, she had a book made and gave me the hard copy the other day.  The link below will allow everyone to check it out.  I'm sharing this not for me, but if someone wants to do it for your DH/DW it would be a cool gift.  I thought so!

http://app.picaboo.com/WebView/Project.aspx?clientID=c149f976e47ff0430c02169d45607a77&version=231328&siteID=ViaPreview

Tom

That is REALLY cool!  I hope you are proud of your accomplishment!  Can't wait to hear about the next race.  GREAT JOB!

Jacki

2012-05-16 7:21 PM

User image

Veteran

Hi to my Tour-Mates! Hope you're all well.  I'm still working through this back pain and it's quite frustrating.  I really shouldn't sweat slowing down for a few weeks b/c I've been training continiously for well over a year without any real breaks.  BUT, I feel like a lazy slug!  Living vicariously through all of your posts, resting, icing, stretching, strengthing, and snap-crackle-popping!  If I weren't happily married, I'd propose to my chiro. 

Jacki

(chiro.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
chiro.jpg (10KB - 9 downloads)
2012-05-16 7:22 PM
in reply to: #4213655

User image

Veteran
TLakatos1259 - 2012-05-16 5:18 PM

Tom

Love it! What a great keepsake! Props to you for tri-ing!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51