BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2014-06-11 6:00 PM
in reply to: sandishr

User image

, Vermont
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open
I use the child's size Aqua Sphere - I have close set eyes too. I am a pinhead. I haven't used them in open water yet so thanks for the heads up on that! My wetsuit should be here in a week so I'll give the goggles a try with waves!

2014-06-11 8:25 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

, Vermont
Okay, I have a couple of questions.

First, how often are people working weights into their training? How many days/week - I assume you split up upper and lower body?

Second, I am training for my first sprint tri and as I look at what some of the basic Sprint Tri training plans call for, I'm doing way more - is this a bad thing? I don't have a huge base for cycling for example but I have a nice hilly 20.3 mile ride right out my door that I like to do (did it 3 times last week) and sometimes follow up with a 3 mile run. How much is too much for a new person? (I have mostly a running base) I recognize everyone starts with varying degrees of fitness but my training seems way off and I don't want to set myself up for injury. I don't have a HRM (yet).

I have a 10k in a week and a half and have been paying more attention to the bike and swim and less on distance running.

2014-06-12 6:23 AM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Originally posted by sandishr

Also--I really have a terrible time with goggles. Everything seems to leak...I don't know if it's my face shape or what. Any insight there? I HAVE to have goggles that work as I have 20/700 vision and wear contacts. So I need to make sure my contacts stay in, because if they don't I'm completely blind. I'll be doing the tri almost certainly in hot, blazing sun and I definitely will be training in sun, so I'm assuming something shaded would be good?

Here's your answer: http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-antifog-s2-optical-goggle-22598/... . Between my wife and I, we have four pairs, and they are great. Cheap, but great. My script is -2.5 / -4.0, with some astigmatism, so I run a -2.5 set and it's about 85% of my glasses strength. They go all the way to -8.0, so should cover just about everyone. They have positive diopters too.

They tend to run tight, and leave me looking like a raccoon for about 20 minutes afterward, but they don't leak and they come with several nose bridges for different widths.

Two of the DNF's at Quassy were for lost contacts during the swim. Also, swimming in a chlorinated pool with contacts is not recommended, since the gas can get caught between the contact and your eye and do nasty things.
2014-06-12 6:39 AM
in reply to: adempsey10

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Originally posted by adempsey10

Originally posted by sandishr Gear question. Planning on buying a wetsuit. Advice or feedback on style? Arms, no arms, legs, no legs? [...]

[...] Another option is to buy one second hand from a shop that does rentals. They often sell off their previous season's rental line at around this time of year. If you can try it on first, that is best. If you can't always go with the size that matches your weight over what matches your height. It's okay if suits are a little short and most can be cut if a little long. You want something this is relatively tight fitting. It should feel almost too tight when you put it on dry (they get bigger in the water). If it is too loose it will fill up with water and you will lose any benefit of wearing one. 

As for legs and arms, that's really preference and necessity. In colder water, you want arms and legs but you can still use a full suit in warm weather. No arms provides more range of motion for your stroke but also decreases buoyancy and glide slightly. I prefer a full suit because some of the Tris I do are early in the season when the water is still pretty chilly so I like the extra warmth. Even in hot weather, some Tris are at altitude, which means cold water even in July. 

I recommend either buying online from a company like Xterra, which has a phenomenal return policy, or better is to get fit in a store by someone who knows triathlon wetsuits. A proper-fitting wetsuit will feel too tight when you put it on. You'll also probably freak out a bit the first time you swim in it - everybody does, it happens, and it's just par for the course.

I have a full sleeve blueSeventy Fusion, and I like it a lot. I swam at Quassy in 65 degree water and it was *perfect*. At Chicago last year, in 74 degree water, I roasted. I may pick up a sleeveless suit if I can find one cheap (like an Xterra) for IMWI to avoid roasting. The full-sleeve is a bit more buoyant though. It's a trade off either way.

I am a medicore swimmer by most regards.
2014-06-12 7:43 AM

User image

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Okay, I have a couple of questions. First, how often are people working weights into their training? How many days/week - I assume you split up upper and lower body? Second, I am training for my first sprint tri and as I look at what some of the basic Sprint Tri training plans call for, I'm doing way more - is this a bad thing? I don't have a huge base for cycling for example but I have a nice hilly 20.3 mile ride right out my door that I like to do (did it 3 times last week) and sometimes follow up with a 3 mile run. How much is too much for a new person? (I have mostly a running base) I recognize everyone starts with varying degrees of fitness but my training seems way off and I don't want to set myself up for injury. I don't have a HRM (yet). I have a 10k in a week and a half and have been paying more attention to the bike and swim and less on distance running.

I do one solid day at the gym per week and then quick workouts at home throughout. At the gym I focus mainly on legs with some upper body exercises that target muslces used in swimming (chest, shoulders and back). I don't use too much weight on the upper body and moderate weight on the legs. I do weighted squat lifts and lunges for my quads and kettle bell swings for my hams and glutes. I also do a series of weighted balancing moves that improve stability muscles, which help prevent running injuries. I focus some of my efforts on the medial glutes and abductors. They're two often overlooked muscles that can play a big part in injury prevention when properly exercised. And finally I end my gym session with a solid core workout. Weighted and inverted crunches and sit-ups, in which I target my abs and obliques and then weighted planks to strengthen up the entire core area. 

While I don't think you're doing much, so long as you're not feeling burned out or too sore, I am mainly a long course athlete so most of my advice will come from that perspective: long easy workouts to build a solid base and some high intensity training to develop speed. If you can get 3 or more quality workouts a week in, I'm sure you'll be fine for your sprint. Just give yourself enough taper and recovery time so you've got strong fresh legs on race day. 

2014-06-12 8:41 AM

User image

Anyone else have trouble pacing intervals sometimes? I sure do. I was doing 3x1 mile this morning, and my times were pretty wonky (7:11, 7:25, and 7:42). Obviously I should be getting faster, not slower, so I'm going out too hard. Should I be paying more attention to my pace on my Garmin while running?

13/28, after Wednesday's swim and this morning's run

2014-06-12 9:39 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

New user
Calgary, Alberta
Thank you Dave, Alan & Sandi for you advice on PF and recovery times.

Sounds like for PF I am doing the right things just not enough! I will take some time off from running and focus more on stretching and rehabilitation of my foot. It isn’t bad now but it is persistent and I want to run pain free as it certainly helps with motivation . And Sandi I am not one of the lucky 5% and I do have orthotics which seem to help. I also think I have put enough time in my shoes to warrant a new pair which will help too.

Alan I will look into a protein isolate powder to speed with recovery following workouts. I have never used one before. Do you have a brand you recommend?

BTW 17/28 complete! Bike commute today & tomorrow and a swim tomorrow and I should break 20/28 by weeks end! (However I am getting faster and my commute to work may soon be under 30 min and no longer count )

Edited by Jeakins 2014-06-12 9:42 AM
2014-06-12 10:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Weights:I have 2 active kids and 1 active wife. They all do triathlon plus hockey plus lacrosse plus work. PLus I coach both of them. With my limited time, weights are way down the line during preseason/regular season  tri training. If you have the time, go for it!

There is nothing wrong with doing more then what is asked. Just make sure you have some quality workouts, especially with your bike. Strong bike=strong run!

If you feel you can handle the extra then go for it!

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Okay, I have a couple of questions. First, how often are people working weights into their training? How many days/week - I assume you split up upper and lower body? Second, I am training for my first sprint tri and as I look at what some of the basic Sprint Tri training plans call for, I'm doing way more - is this a bad thing? I don't have a huge base for cycling for example but I have a nice hilly 20.3 mile ride right out my door that I like to do (did it 3 times last week) and sometimes follow up with a 3 mile run. How much is too much for a new person? (I have mostly a running base) I recognize everyone starts with varying degrees of fitness but my training seems way off and I don't want to set myself up for injury. I don't have a HRM (yet). I have a 10k in a week and a half and have been paying more attention to the bike and swim and less on distance running.

2014-06-12 10:03 AM
in reply to: Jeakins

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by Jeakins Thank you Dave, Alan & Sandi for you advice on PF and recovery times. Sounds like for PF I am doing the right things just not enough! I will take some time off from running and focus more on stretching and rehabilitation of my foot. It isn’t bad now but it is persistent and I want to run pain free as it certainly helps with motivation . And Sandi I am not one of the lucky 5% and I do have orthotics which seem to help. I also think I have put enough time in my shoes to warrant a new pair which will help too. Alan I will look into a protein isolate powder to speed with recovery following workouts. I have never used one before. Do you have a brand you recommend? BTW 17/28 complete! Bike commute today & tomorrow and a swim tomorrow and I should break 20/28 by weeks end! (However I am getting faster and my commute to work may soon be under 30 min and no longer count )

If I remember correctly you start your bike commute going down hill...just back track and add a hill climb... That should add a few extra minutes!!

2014-06-12 10:03 AM
in reply to: Omne38103

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Omne38103

Anyone else have trouble pacing intervals sometimes? I sure do. I was doing 3x1 mile this morning, and my times were pretty wonky (7:11, 7:25, and 7:42). Obviously I should be getting faster, not slower, so I'm going out too hard. Should I be paying more attention to my pace on my Garmin while running?

13/28, after Wednesday's swim and this morning's run

Hi Justin - A couple of thoughts - One thing I do to work on pacing is to run on a track every now and then. By doing that, I can break down miles into smaller units (400) and really try to focus on hitting my marks. Paying attention to your Garmin should help as well - just make sure to pick a mile for your lap distance.
2014-06-12 10:18 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
I got in an open water swim this morning and never really felt "right". I was tired and really had to grunt it out. My sighting is terrible and I really need to work on bo-lateral breathing.

Today, I'm going to make it my mission to eat 4,000 calories. The last two days I only ate 2500 despite my efforts to eat more. Despite feeling more energy during my workouts (except for this morning), I'm finding it hard to make the change to eating more. I know it's still fueling but I've been focusing so much on losing weight that I'm constantly finding ways to cut calories out.

I've got a big weekend coming up. Not only do I have a killer training schedule 11 mile run and 85 on the bike (which are distances I haven't covered more than 10 times in my life), there is a 5K race for my son's rehab hospital. September will mark 10 years since his fall and about 50 people are coming to do the race with us. Should be a crazy and hectic time.

I don't solicit much on the BDAAS, but If you'd care to make a donation to Franciscan Hospital For Children - here is the link: http://franciscanhospital.org/event/road-hope/

Thanks,
Dave

2014-06-12 2:04 PM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Originally posted by mirthfuldragon

Here's your answer: http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-antifog-s2-optical-goggle-22598/... . Between my wife and I, we have four pairs, and they are great. Cheap, but great. My script is -2.5 / -4.0, with some astigmatism, so I run a -2.5 set and it's about 85% of my glasses strength. They go all the way to -8.0, so should cover just about everyone. They have positive diopters too.

They tend to run tight, and leave me looking like a raccoon for about 20 minutes afterward, but they don't leak and they come with several nose bridges for different widths.

Two of the DNF's at Quassy were for lost contacts during the swim. Also, swimming in a chlorinated pool with contacts is not recommended, since the gas can get caught between the contact and your eye and do nasty things.

My contacts are disposable, and I always carry an extra pair so I would have some at my bike station in the event of an emergency. Honestly, I worry WAY more about coming out of the water blind--I would never be able to find my way to my bike--and having to put in contacts prior to the bike/run with sand, etc....if I wore corrective goggles I'd be forced to do this. Plus if the goggles fail...I'm also blind out in the water. Literally, I kid you not, without correction I can see three inches in front of my face.
2014-06-12 3:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

I am with you on this. Before I got eye surgery, I was like you. I am okay not using contacts in a pool but during an open water race, it is for sure contacts. That being said, I used contacts when I was in the swim club...no problems.

As far as goggles, goto a tri store/swim store and ask them what would work best for you.

Originally posted by mirthfuldragon Here's your answer: http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-antifog-s2-optical-goggle-22598/... . Between my wife and I, we have four pairs, and they are great. Cheap, but great. My script is -2.5 / -4.0, with some astigmatism, so I run a -2.5 set and it's about 85% of my glasses strength. They go all the way to -8.0, so should cover just about everyone. They have positive diopters too. They tend to run tight, and leave me looking like a raccoon for about 20 minutes afterward, but they don't leak and they come with several nose bridges for different widths. Two of the DNF's at Quassy were for lost contacts during the swim. Also, swimming in a chlorinated pool with contacts is not recommended, since the gas can get caught between the contact and your eye and do nasty things.
My contacts are disposable, and I always carry an extra pair so I would have some at my bike station in the event of an emergency. Honestly, I worry WAY more about coming out of the water blind--I would never be able to find my way to my bike--and having to put in contacts prior to the bike/run with sand, etc....if I wore corrective goggles I'd be forced to do this. Plus if the goggles fail...I'm also blind out in the water. Literally, I kid you not, without correction I can see three inches in front of my face.

2014-06-12 3:16 PM
in reply to: thor67

User image

New user
Auburn, AL

Got a wicked cramp in my calf last night swimming.  Now its really sore, feels like a pulled muscle.  I am not one who usually cramps so I was wondering if this is normal?  Luckily it did not impede my run this morning. 

Training wise things are  looking good I'm 15/28 on the challenge at the moment.

2014-06-12 3:19 PM

User image

New user
Auburn, AL

Originally posted by thor67

I am with you on this. Before I got eye surgery, I was like you. I am okay not using contacts in a pool but during an open water race, it is for sure contacts. That being said, I used contacts when I was in the swim club...no problems.

As far as goggles, goto a tri store/swim store and ask them what would work best for you.

Originally posted by mirthfuldragon Here's your answer: http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-antifog-s2-optical-goggle-22598/... . Between my wife and I, we have four pairs, and they are great. Cheap, but great. My script is -2.5 / -4.0, with some astigmatism, so I run a -2.5 set and it's about 85% of my glasses strength. They go all the way to -8.0, so should cover just about everyone. They have positive diopters too. They tend to run tight, and leave me looking like a raccoon for about 20 minutes afterward, but they don't leak and they come with several nose bridges for different widths. Two of the DNF's at Quassy were for lost contacts during the swim. Also, swimming in a chlorinated pool with contacts is not recommended, since the gas can get caught between the contact and your eye and do nasty things.

I wear my contacts all the time.  I have never had an issue with them while swimming or biking.  Ocassionally I have had too much sweat drip into my eye while running and cause an issue, but I sweat ALOT and live in the hot/humid south.

2014-06-12 4:36 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by podemma

Got a wicked cramp in my calf last night swimming.  Now its really sore, feels like a pulled muscle.  I am not one who usually cramps so I was wondering if this is normal?  Luckily it did not impede my run this morning. 

Training wise things are  looking good I'm 15/28 on the challenge at the moment.

I have gotten cramps in my calf and my foot swimming, usually when I have not drank enough water.

Great job on the challenge front!

Edited by thor67 2014-06-12 4:40 PM

2014-06-12 4:39 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Some days it just ain't in ya. We must have been on the same page today as I blew off my usual Thurs. swim/bike brick this morning...was up but sat at home and read my book and drank coffee. Decided to go for a lunch run...slooooooow. About the only speed I had was passing a bunch of young girls running. It was that or look like a dirty old man following them.

Good luck on your weekend!

Originally posted by Qua17 I got in an open water swim this morning and never really felt "right". I was tired and really had to grunt it out. My sighting is terrible and I really need to work on bo-lateral breathing. Today, I'm going to make it my mission to eat 4,000 calories. The last two days I only ate 2500 despite my efforts to eat more. Despite feeling more energy during my workouts (except for this morning), I'm finding it hard to make the change to eating more. I know it's still fueling but I've been focusing so much on losing weight that I'm constantly finding ways to cut calories out. I've got a big weekend coming up. Not only do I have a killer training schedule 11 mile run and 85 on the bike (which are distances I haven't covered more than 10 times in my life), there is a 5K race for my son's rehab hospital. September will mark 10 years since his fall and about 50 people are coming to do the race with us. Should be a crazy and hectic time. I don't solicit much on the BDAAS, but If you'd care to make a donation to Franciscan Hospital For Children - here is the link: http://franciscanhospital.org/event/road-hope/Thanks, Dave

2014-06-12 7:53 PM

User image

, Vermont
Thanks, Alan. I have backed off the weights a lot due to time (2 boys, coaching, etc) and was curious to see where others stood. Thanks for sharing your regime - kettle bells are something I haven't worked into my routine yet.
I have been very tired lately - could be not enough fuel - as Dave was talking about with himself. But I haven't lost or gained weight either (I'm happy where it is). I experienced a stab of pain behind my right patella two nights ago - it comes and goes but doesn't linger. I attribute this to overuse (too much too soon?) or needing new shoes - though I don't think I've hit 300 miles yet. I'll figure it out.
thank you!
Jenn
2014-06-12 8:06 PM

User image

, Vermont
Thanks, Thor. That's where I am - 2 boys both of whom I coach and my husband travels all week. They get out of school tomorrow for the summer and now I have to get creative and wanted to see how much people put an emphasis on weight training during the season.
Warmly, (but not Coors warmly)
Jenn

Rest day today - right calf not happy with me and it's pouring out.
Still 9/28 - yikes better get in a double tomorrow!
2014-06-12 9:52 PM

User image

New user
Auburn, AL

I have gotten cramps in my calf and my foot swimming, usually when I have not drank enough water.

I'm pretty sure I did not drink enough water yesterday so I'll have to keep on top of that in the future.

2014-06-12 10:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by sandishr Gear question. Planning on buying a wetsuit. Advice or feedback on style? Arms, no arms, legs, no legs? I had my eye on this one: http://www.rei.com/product/832803/nrs-30-farmer-jane-wetsuit-womensjust because it has a front zipper which seems convenient to me, but I also note that it's under paddling gear...I really know nothing about this and don't know if the material makes a difference, anything? Also--I really have a terrible time with goggles. Everything seems to leak...I don't know if it's my face shape or what. Any insight there? I HAVE to have goggles that work as I have 20/700 vision and wear contacts. So I need to make sure my contacts stay in, because if they don't I'm completely blind. I'll be doing the tri almost certainly in hot, blazing sun and I definitely will be training in sun, so I'm assuming something shaded would be good?

I own this NeoSport sleeveless wet suit and love it.  As a life long swimmer I tried several full sleeve suits and although they surprised me with how mobile they were I still didn't like the feeling.  I've swam in 68*F open water and yes my arms were a little cold but I was fine.  And, they are very easy to get in, and more importantly, out of.  The legs only come down to the calf and not all the way to the ankle.  Again, on and off easier.  I'm also frugal so the $130 price tag was a big plus especially when I only wear it <5 times a year.  Just my two cents.

2014-06-12 11:14 PM
in reply to: podemma

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

I'm pretty sure I did not drink enough water yesterday so I'll have to keep on top of that in the future.

I always get foot/calf cramps during long distance swims in the pool and sometimes in open water.  I keep hydrated and have a water bottle on the side of the pool to drink often.  I also take salt tabs before my long workouts especially if I have a run/ride/weights planned for afterwards.  I've tried making small changes to my nutrition without any luck.  Now, what I have noticed is that my craps are worse and guaranteed to happen when I do drills late in my workout.   I believe this is due to over using my muscles in my feet and calves to control my swim.  i.e.; trying to compensate for my rotation while performing one arm drills.  SO, I try to focus on kicking from my hips more and my knees/feet less like I'm supposed to.  This is were kicking drills that everyone hates, including myself, come into play.  I'm getting a kickboard and implementing kicking into my workout.  Like my old swim coach use to make my do.  We'll see...

2014-06-12 11:37 PM
in reply to: Jeakins

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by Jeakins Thank you Dave, Alan & Sandi for you advice on PF and recovery times. Sounds like for PF I am doing the right things just not enough! I will take some time off from running and focus more on stretching and rehabilitation of my foot. It isn’t bad now but it is persistent and I want to run pain free as it certainly helps with motivation . And Sandi I am not one of the lucky 5% and I do have orthotics which seem to help. I also think I have put enough time in my shoes to warrant a new pair which will help too. Alan I will look into a protein isolate powder to speed with recovery following workouts. I have never used one before. Do you have a brand you recommend? BTW 17/28 complete! Bike commute today & tomorrow and a swim tomorrow and I should break 20/28 by weeks end! (However I am getting faster and my commute to work may soon be under 30 min and no longer count )

Ice has become my best friend over the years.  And, my wife's worst.  Something about ice packs in bed, idk.  I ruptured my PF in the middle of my last training plan.  My Podiatrist gave me some reusable sticky pads to protect the location of the injury while I trained.  I iced the bottom of my foot 3-4 times a day for weeks.  THAT is a feeling you can't explain with words!!  Mine wasn't a common injury and probably won't work for most.  But find a podiatrist, one who handles sports injuries, it can be well worth it.

2014-06-13 2:21 AM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by mirthfuldragon

Originally posted by adempsey10

Originally posted by sandishr Gear question. Planning on buying a wetsuit. Advice or feedback on style? Arms, no arms, legs, no legs? [...]

[...] Another option is to buy one second hand from a shop that does rentals. They often sell off their previous season's rental line at around this time of year. If you can try it on first, that is best. If you can't always go with the size that matches your weight over what matches your height. It's okay if suits are a little short and most can be cut if a little long. You want something this is relatively tight fitting. It should feel almost too tight when you put it on dry (they get bigger in the water). If it is too loose it will fill up with water and you will lose any benefit of wearing one. 

As for legs and arms, that's really preference and necessity. In colder water, you want arms and legs but you can still use a full suit in warm weather. No arms provides more range of motion for your stroke but also decreases buoyancy and glide slightly. I prefer a full suit because some of the Tris I do are early in the season when the water is still pretty chilly so I like the extra warmth. Even in hot weather, some Tris are at altitude, which means cold water even in July. 

I recommend either buying online from a company like Xterra, which has a phenomenal return policy, or better is to get fit in a store by someone who knows triathlon wetsuits. A proper-fitting wetsuit will feel too tight when you put it on. You'll also probably freak out a bit the first time you swim in it - everybody does, it happens, and it's just par for the course.

I have a full sleeve blueSeventy Fusion, and I like it a lot. I swam at Quassy in 65 degree water and it was *perfect*. At Chicago last year, in 74 degree water, I roasted. I may pick up a sleeveless suit if I can find one cheap (like an Xterra) for IMWI to avoid roasting. The full-sleeve is a bit more buoyant though. It's a trade off either way.

I am a medicore swimmer by most regards.

I rented mine for a race and it worked well. Exterra has a program where you can buy the one you rented and for the price it was a great bargain. Of course I have no idea how many others have peed in my suit but I just try not to think too much about that.
2014-06-13 2:45 AM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
OMG! Can 2014 get any worst...wait I am sure it can i do NOT want to test fate! So raising three girls has always been a challenge. As kids they were great and a lot of work but fun. then they became adults...don't get me wrong, they are hard workers and are still pretty good...well most of the time. Out of the three one (it can be any of the three), one always has to be my woe. This week it was my youngest. Last night my middle daughter came to me and told me, with a shaky voice and frightened eyes, that the youngest was having a miscarriage and needed me. They live together 70 miles from our home and the middlest was here to do laundry and spend time with the g-son. So I put my mom cape on and head out 10 at night to be with her. I spent the night, took the day off work and we strolled along the river most of the day. She dodged a bullet this time but we are also both still sad at the loss of a baby. My daughter is fine and as I type I can hear her laughing with her sisters in the living room; they are all here tonight, safe and sound. GWAD sometimes I wonder where we went wrong and then remember oh yeah they are adults and can make their own bad decisions.

Work sucks and I am beginning to dread going into the office. However, someone I worked with previously called me and asked if I would apply to be her boss. I did and I hope something comes along soon because I feel my season in my current position is quickly coming to an end. I love my work but I feel I am swimming against the current and when I swim with the current the tides change and I am going the wrong way again. Well gotta get to sleep alarm goes off in 3 hours. Prayers please.

Oh training, thats lost...well a good run and actual to goodness run without walking an entire 5K this week and yoga 2x. Other than that it was a bust. But no worries you know me the Queen of starting over! I start again tomorrow, shoes are packed plan in hand.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 51174 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Jim Kelley's (Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (Open) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 19845 Posts: 218

2014-12-22 1:14 PM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.