BT Development Mentor Program Archives » light_sabe_r's group is CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 23

2008-06-09 5:28 PM
in reply to: #1454968

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
Subject: RE: light_sabe_r's group is CLOSED
Andria, so sorry to hear, I'll be keeping you in my prayers for sure.

Forgot one little tidbit in my race report:

I didn't eat anything yesterday before the race. I didn't want to risk upsetting my stomach, so I just ran on reserves from Saturday night. Smart, I know...

Takes the HTFU factor down half a notch though.

2008-06-09 7:01 PM
in reply to: #1349986

User image

Veteran
Newnan, GA
My goodness Andria -- you are truly a strong woman. You and your family will be in my prayers also.
Congrats on the 1/2 marathon!! You are gonna do great in your first tri - sounds like that should be a breeze given all the other that life has dealt you lately.
2008-06-09 7:02 PM
in reply to: #1455269

User image

Veteran
Newnan, GA
bcart1991 - 2008-06-09 6:28 PM

Andria, so sorry to hear, I'll be keeping you in my prayers for sure.

Forgot one little tidbit in my race report:

I didn't eat anything yesterday before the race. I didn't want to risk upsetting my stomach, so I just ran on reserves from Saturday night. Smart, I know...

Takes the HTFU factor down half a notch though.

96 degrees yesterday! Way to go Brian! (but next time, EAT the morning of -- got to have fuel!)
2008-06-09 7:04 PM
in reply to: #1455439

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
I know I should have, but I wanted to make sure not to upset my stomach...

Marital updates on page 32 in TAN.

Edited by bcart1991 2008-06-09 7:09 PM
2008-06-11 10:57 AM

Hey folks! How is everyone's week going? A couple of us are racing on Saturday, I think (besides me)! Good thoughts for good weather and good racing!
2008-06-11 12:37 PM

User image

Colorado

My first real triathlon is on Sunday.  I am a nervous wreck about it again as I did another OWS last night and my asthma was terrible.  I was there over an hour and only got ~16 minutes of real swimming in.  All the rest was using my inhaler, trying to catch my breath, wheezing, coughing stuff up.....you get the picture  

Mom's having her biopsy today.  I can't even express how unhappy I am with most doctors these days (and I deal with quite a few myself).  Her oncologist said "I'll be leaving on vacation afterwards so we'll read your results on July 1st".  These results are to determine how long she has left to live.  I'm going to stop short of what I want to say at this point. 

2008-06-11 12:39 PM
in reply to: #1459567

User image

Colorado

wurkit_gurl - 2008-06-11 9:57 AM Hey folks! How is everyone's week going? A couple of us are racing on Saturday, I think (besides me)! Good thoughts for good weather and good racing!

Best of luck to you, Chrissy!!!!!!

2008-06-11 12:48 PM

Thanks - you too!!
2008-06-11 8:14 PM
in reply to: #1459958

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
AndriaLL - 2008-06-11 12:37 PM

My first real triathlon is on Sunday.  I am a nervous wreck about it again as I did another OWS last night and my asthma was terrible.  I was there over an hour and only got ~16 minutes of real swimming in.  All the rest was using my inhaler, trying to catch my breath, wheezing, coughing stuff up.....you get the picture  

Mom's having her biopsy today.  I can't even express how unhappy I am with most doctors these days (and I deal with quite a few myself).  Her oncologist said "I'll be leaving on vacation afterwards so we'll read your results on July 1st".  These results are to determine how long she has left to live.  I'm going to stop short of what I want to say at this point. 

I can hear the unfinished thought loud and clear.

and all the best for the race on the weekend. Does it help to remind you to RELAX?!

Edited by bondgirl 2008-06-11 8:16 PM
2008-06-12 2:55 PM

Whaa...weather report now has chance of thunderstorms from Friday night through Saturday for my race area. 30% chance until Saturday morning at 9, then 60% chance (race starts at 8 am). I do not want to do a Du or have to bike in the rain!!! Please send lots of good thoughts/prayers/juju, etc so that the rain stays away!!!
2008-06-12 5:40 PM
in reply to: #1463135

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

wurkit_gurl - 2008-06-12 3:55 PM Whaa...weather report now has chance of thunderstorms from Friday night through Saturday for my race area. 30% chance until Saturday morning at 9, then 60% chance (race starts at 8 am). I do not want to do a Du or have to bike in the rain!!! Please send lots of good thoughts/prayers/juju, etc so that the rain stays away!!!

Best of weather vibes headed your way! 

I had to race in the rain last weekend and it wasn't very much fun.

2008-06-13 8:53 AM
in reply to: #1463508

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
Good vibes.
Good vibes.
Good vibes.

Good luck this weekend!
2008-06-13 9:17 AM

User image

Veteran
Newnan, GA
Good luck!!!!!
2008-06-13 11:27 AM

User image

Colorado

wurkit_gurl - 2008-06-12 1:55 PM Whaa...weather report now has chance of thunderstorms from Friday night through Saturday for my race area. 30% chance until Saturday morning at 9, then 60% chance (race starts at 8 am). I do not want to do a Du or have to bike in the rain!!! Please send lots of good thoughts/prayers/juju, etc so that the rain stays away!!!

Oooh, could you send that weather here!  I'd feel so much better if my race Sunday were a duathlon!!!  And I LOVE running in riding in the rain!  (Okay, fairly lightish rain that is)

Sending good juju, thoughts and prayers for your race day weather!  Good luck!

2008-06-13 4:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glasgow, UK
Good luck Chrissy and Andria and hope everyone has fun this weekend. I'm off to San Diego in 8 hours so I'll be MIA for a while over the nest week. Hope to catch up with you guys as soon as I can.
2008-06-13 7:32 PM

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria

wurkit_gurl - 2008-06-12 2:55 PM Whaa...weather report now has chance of thunderstorms from Friday night through Saturday for my race area. 30% chance until Saturday morning at 9, then 60% chance (race starts at 8 am). I do not want to do a Du or have to bike in the rain!!! Please send lots of good thoughts/prayers/juju, etc so that the rain stays away!!!

Be prepared. Take an umbrella. It never rains when your prepared.

2008-06-14 2:24 PM
in reply to: #1466110

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Hey all ... I just posted this in my logs - but I'll cut and paste for you ... thanks for all your kind words the past few months ... but after much thought and soul-searching, I'm "retiring" from triathlon and BT for a while - here is the explanation.

Well folks, I'm back from a fabulous vacation in San Francisco. Every time I go to that city, I fall in love with it just a little bit more. I am sad, today, that I am not there.
Happy to be home though, and not living out of a suit-case/hotel for the first time in a week. It's good to be home. I missed my dog.

But it gave me some space to think.

I've made some decisions regarding my life, and what the heck I'm doing with it. As most of you know I've really been struggling the past few months with everything that's on my plate, and the responsibilities of my decisions have been weighing very heavily on me. I've had a rough couple of months, and I have to make some changes. As such - I've decided to take a step back from triathlon this year, pull out of the races I've entered, and focus just on running and yoga.

I have felt so overwhelmed, I'm being pulled in so many different directions and I'm tired of always being tired and always "having" to do stuff, just to get it all done. And because I'm so busy I am so very stressed out, and I'm finding I'm doing it all only half-arsed and sometimes mediocre at best. I'm very frustrated with the way things are going right now.

Resigning from my career in Law Enforcement hit me a little harder than I thought it would, and starting over as a new small business owner is a lot scarier than I thought it would be. It's still worth it, I don't regret that decision, but I've had some very badly timed financial 'surprises' in the past few weeks and I'm burning through my savings faster than planned. I know once I am established I can relax a bit, but for now the business is all I eat sleep breath and think about. And since a large part of my business is training clients in running programs and strength training/gym programs, and since I'm taking my yoga teacher training and will be teaching yoga soon - I have to be very good at those things. I have to really know my stuff, or I won't make it. I must be 100% committed and focussed with a clear direction. I can't be running around doing a dozen different things, none of them fully and none of them very well, and still expect to be viewed as a motivated and knowledgeable business owner and expect to be hired as a teacher/trainer.

So ... long story short ... I just can't commit the time and energy to triathlon training this year. Maybe next year I'll come back to it, I do love the sport. But for now I have to focus on running, the gym, and yoga. I know that if I take on too much I will fail, I will not be successful enough to support myself, and I will have to go back to my career in Law Enforcement just to pay the bills (and that's my absolute worst case scenario). I need to stick to my vision, my one direction, and work hard at that.

I hope you all understand, but I will be taking a leave from BT so I can focus solely on my business and everything that entails. You can always reach me through my website - 423nutrition.ca. After I post this - I will likely not sign on again for while.

Ciao ... train well, stay healthy ... and have fun.

- Trina-Rae
2008-06-14 6:36 PM

Hey Trina - do what you gotta do, ya know? You have a lot of stuff on your plate right now - and some of those things are more important than triathlon! Focusing on running for now sounds like a good plan. Good luck!
2008-06-14 6:38 PM

Not to double post, but changing the subject - I am back from the race! It did not rain this morning, thankfully. We had nice weather, actually. The race went okay - I will have a RR up soon, I hope. Swim was kinda chaotic, bike was hilly and I was just not feeling the run (got a cramp, it was hilly). Decent, but not spectacular on my part.
2008-06-15 1:37 AM

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria

Hey Trina,

I was in a similar position 4.5 years ago. I couldn't give the attention to the sport and training was beginning to feel like work. so I decided to just focus on my running and exercise for fun only. I wanted to be able to give my family better attention. Balance in life is paramount to me. So do what you need to keep balance in your life. I wish you great success.

2008-06-16 1:33 PM

RR is up - race was "meh". Hopefully this weekend will be a better performance on my part.

2008-06-17 11:29 AM

User image

Colorado

Looks good to me, Chrissy!  Congrats!  My race report is also up.  I was ~6th from LAST in my age group, but I finished.  Had a tough time breathing until almost halfway through the bike.  I looked up "asthma cold water" online and it is not that rare to have your lungs close shut in the water.  It said to keep doing it so you're less "shocked", so I'll do that  

We'll miss you Trina!  Like they say, "Life Happens".  Hugs to you.

2008-06-17 3:54 PM
in reply to: #1471678

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
AndriaLL - 2008-06-17 11:29 AM

Looks good to me, Chrissy!  Congrats!  My race report is also up.  I was ~6th from LAST in my age group, but I finished.  Had a tough time breathing until almost halfway through the bike.  I looked up "asthma cold water" online and it is not that rare to have your lungs close shut in the water.  It said to keep doing it so you're less "shocked", so I'll do that  

We'll miss you Trina!  Like they say, "Life Happens".  Hugs to you.

6th from last-that's way better than you thought. And you had asthma sypmtoms. Great race.

2008-06-17 11:25 PM

User image

Colorado

Hi everyone!  Good news here!  My mom has a form of pancreatic cancer that is quite rare and she will have 1 to 3 years to live!!!  Okay, not really "good" news, but it's much better than the 3-6 months we were expecting.  I plan to book our trip to London and Paris tomorrow!

2008-06-18 5:50 AM
in reply to: #1473254

AndriaLL - 2008-06-18 12:25 AM

Hi everyone!  Good news here!  My mom has a form of pancreatic cancer that is quite rare and she will have 1 to 3 years to live!!!  Okay, not really "good" news, but it's much better than the 3-6 months we were expecting.  I plan to book our trip to London and Paris tomorrow!

Congrats on the "good" news! At least you have a few more years to get in that trip and spend some quality time with her.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » light_sabe_r's group is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 23