BT Development Mentor Program Archives » left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 240

2011-09-25 8:06 PM
in reply to: #1137328

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH!
Joel - great job volunteering. As most of you know - I think you should all volunteer at LEAST once a year at a race. It's your turn to give back. Great job!!!

Edited by left.right.repeat 2011-09-25 8:15 PM

2011-09-25 8:07 PM
in reply to: #3699750

User image

Expert
Lost in the Evergreens
Subject: RE: left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH!

IMAZ '11!  Of course I'll be there. Have cow bell will travel. 

2011-09-25 8:11 PM

User image

Expert

Sorry, can't relax enough to pee in my wetsuit, wish I could, all I can say.

IMAZ, next year if I can get in.  Will try my best.  If I fail, will go back and repeat at IMLOU for a sub 13 time. 

Moved into the new house this weekend, I know y'all think I am lying since you think I lie about other thingsUndecided, but its true.

Billy "I don't pee on myself" McWilliams

2011-09-25 8:14 PM

Extreme Veteran
So I have to share with you all. Debbie and I moved back to the Dallas area this week which was a task in and of itself. The movers got her at 2:40 AM. Yes AM. And unloaded until 6 AM. I am sure the neighbors love us but they were polite enough to not call the police. Regardless - Jacques - the author - was on the Today show on Thursday with a great profile and some video of Scott and Leanne. Yours truly made his network debut via a still picture but had a few seconds of network exposure with Matt Lauer commentating in the background. If you are on Facebook - LIKE - You Are An Ironman - The Book. The link is there. As is the link from Jacques on the Imus show - I haven't listened to that one yet. Can't get the link to work. If you are not on FB, go to The Today Show site and search the recent videos. Also, if you don't mind, after you read the book, Jacques has asked that you go to Amazon and post a review. Consider it a "mandatory" race report. Thanks for indulging me. Bryan
2011-09-25 8:16 PM

Extreme Veteran
Billy - I moved this weekend too. Moving sucks
2011-09-25 9:21 PM
in reply to: #3699841

Regular
California

left.right.repeat - 2011-09-25 6:14 PM So I have to share with you all. Debbie and I moved back to the Dallas area this week which was a task in and of itself. The movers got her at 2:40 AM. Yes AM. And unloaded until 6 AM. I am sure the neighbors love us but they were polite enough to not call the police. Regardless - Jacques - the author - was on the Today show on Thursday with a great profile and some video of Scott and Leanne. Yours truly made his network debut via a still picture but had a few seconds of network exposure with Matt Lauer commentating in the background. If you are on Facebook - LIKE - You Are An Ironman - The Book. The link is there. As is the link from Jacques on the Imus show - I haven't listened to that one yet. Can't get the link to work. If you are not on FB, go to The Today Show site and search the recent videos. Also, if you don't mind, after you read the book, Jacques has asked that you go to Amazon and post a review. Consider it a "mandatory" race report. Thanks for indulging me. Bryan

I"m finally to "race day" in the book, so almost ready to submit my race report. Love it!

2011-09-25 9:27 PM

Extreme Veteran
Jeff- enjoy race day. I relive it every day.
2011-09-28 3:19 PM
in reply to: #3699918

User image

Expert
Lost in the Evergreens
I booked my flights to IMAZ to volunteer today.  Paying forward in 2011 the race day that I will complete in 2012.
2011-09-28 6:21 PM

User image

Pro
Baton Rouge area
Well, cr*p!!!!  Monday night my leg felt I had gotten stung but could see nothing.  Tuesday, a head on the area but not too bad.  Today red and a little swollen, off to Dr and they had to open it up, drain, etc.  Off from workouts at least until Friday may be Saturday.  Because of work I have missed my swims this week so I will miss an entire week of swimming.  Race on Sunday is now questionable, will know more on Friday when I go back to the Dr.
2011-09-28 7:59 PM
in reply to: #3704273

Uxbridge

GaryRM - 2011-09-28 7:21 PM Well, cr*p!!!!  Monday night my leg felt I had gotten stung but could see nothing.  Tuesday, a head on the area but not too bad.  Today red and a little swollen, off to Dr and they had to open it up, drain, etc.  Off from workouts at least until Friday may be Saturday.  Because of work I have missed my swims this week so I will miss an entire week of swimming.  Race on Sunday is now questionable, will know more on Friday when I go back to the Dr.

Oh Gary!!!!! Sorry this happened to you now.Missing a week of swimming will not be a problem...really. You are well trained. Let it heal. A week of missed training will not be a problem especially where you train so consistently!!! I took 6 weeks off from training and had one of my best bikes ever the following week.

Hopefully by Fri you will be healed up!!!

2011-09-28 8:00 PM

Uxbridge
Oh Billy...It would be awesome if you could come out and do IMAZ!!!!!

2011-09-29 8:43 PM

Extreme Veteran
Gary - faith man - you got this - no worries.
2011-09-30 12:22 PM
in reply to: #3705930

Regular
California

ok so my daughter is doing the Nike womens marathon here in SF in a few weeks, awesome, and after m first tri, i'm excited to race again and I dont care what event.

I went on-line found a half mary in my area dec 18th, its long enough away that I (someone who hasnt run more that 5 miles ever) can train for and complete. SO I casually mention it to her and she's all over it, I start looking at the previous years pics and its a mess. It rained last year and people were running through HUGE puddles so I was going to look at another option when IT happened.

We're eating at chili's for her team in training fundraiser, and she asks me if I have signed up yet. I say "no...not yet". She senses my hesitation and in front of everyone says "whats the matter? afraid I'm gonna kick yo a$$?"

and tho she may very well kick my a$$ as she is neck deep in her marathon training, it was the spark i needed!

motivated training starts today! I also have insights on her run times so I know approximately how fast i'll need to go on race day.

Now to the race plan do I:

• as in the book "born to run" let her be "the deer" lead and catch my prey at the end?

or

• set a pace fast enough that she cannot catch and crush her spirit early?

Assuming I have it in me to do either, I think i like the first option as I can keep my eye on her the entire time thus gauging her status, etc.

thoughts? triaining tips? comments? snide remarks?

oh and I'm going to use this run training to launch me to a full marathon early next year. as well as plan a few short tri's (sprint/oly) and then attempt a half IM mid year and depending on my status/performance shoot for an end of the year full IM!! (if their not all sold out).

2011-09-30 12:59 PM

User image

Pro
Baton Rouge area

Hey all!

Off to Dr today to get the packing out.  Still have a chance at the Sunday Sprint.  Hopefully my few days off will energize me for a weeks worth of workout before taper hits for Austin.  Unfortunatetly I am going to be in Baltimore for a few days starting the 9th so biking for a few days there (bike is going into shop for tune-up while I am gone).  Short story I am ready, I would be much happier with a wetsuit legal swim but I got this.  What I don't feel comfortable with is trying to hit a time goal.

Pace, I would let her set the pace.  If you have never done a HM distance it may be better to let her set the pace.  Plus you can heckle her the entire time.

2011-09-30 1:27 PM
in reply to: #3706739

Regular
California

Hey Gary, Good luck! I hope you get to the sprint sunday. Cant wait to hear how Austing goes!

2011-10-04 10:19 PM

Veteran
Quail Valley

Wow. I missed a lot in my time away. Broken toe, First Tri's,Championships won, Books released and a discussion about peeing. Glad to see things are going good for most of you.

Peeing when competing is a sign of relaxed then my swimming has come a long way since I went twice during my IM. Couldn't during the bike even though I tried. I later had somebody do it infront of me and after really thinking about it I won't be trying it again.

I wanted to get working out after my IM but my body needed a rest. I also had to catch up on stuff. I hope to get back to training by the start of next month. I have been running 3 days a week with my athletes but thats it. Anybody else have trouble working out after their IM?

I have done a couple of quad races which I have not been tired at all but slow since I haven't really raced mine in 2 years.

I did get asked to go and speak at our club meeting about my race which was fun.  Its funny because every once in a while it hits me what I just was able to complete. I was sitting there by the water, I spent lots of time swimming in and riding around, waiting for the meeting to start and I was like wow I did it. I made the swim and swam pretty good too.

2011-10-07 10:04 AM
in reply to: #3711768

User image

Expert
Lost in the Evergreens

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a great IM training plan.  Any recommendations?  Tell me what you liked and what you just had to tweak, and what you would do different next time.

Thanks,

2011-10-07 2:12 PM

User image

Expert

I used one of the BT palns and was happy with it.  I will use a coach next year for my second and probably final IM.  After figuring up how much I spent on the whole "Ironman Experience" I figured whats another 750 bucks on top!  Let him come up with a plan.

Doing a sprint tri tomorrow with 3 weeks of total inactivity.  Should be interesting, now, where did I leave my bike?

2011-10-08 7:07 AM

Extreme Veteran
You are all so cool. Phil- welcome back. Take time off and revel in the glory. To everyone racing - even peeing Billy - go man go.
2011-10-08 8:50 PM

User image

Expert
Mighty Magnolia Sprint today.  3rd place my age group (slow old farts).  1:29:35,  600 yard swim, 16 mile bike, 3.1 mile run.
2011-10-09 1:19 PM
in reply to: #3716608

User image

Expert
Lost in the Evergreens
Billy, How many podiums have seen?  Congrats on another strong finish. 

2011-10-09 5:04 PM
in reply to: #3716608

Regular
California

NIce job Billy!

I hope to be that fast when I grow up.

after purging our garage with a garage sale/good will run I met a guy who was wearing a marathon shirt....we started chatting and long story not so long he just gave me a set or tri handle bars. Not sure what it will take to get them on my bike or even if they will fit but the price was right!

I think they are AluminX...oh wow, they look just like these http://www.triathletesports.com/AluminX-wing-clips-p/723660989798-shop.htm but already have the gear shifters on the aero part and brakes on the outside part.

2011-10-10 7:56 AM

Uxbridge

CONGRATS BILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A podium is a podium!!! I belong to the "older farts" group and havent seen a podium in a while!!!!

Jeff nice score on the bars!!!!!

Mark, I hired a coach for my IM...he helped me alot with nutrition and kept me from becoming injured. It was great to have the guesswork taken out of the training and he worked it into my work schedule. I never did anything long on my work days because my job requires that I am on my feet for 8-10 hours. I am going to use the same coach again for IMAZ next year. We start in Jan. Its a $$$ but in the end if it gets me to the start line I will be happy.

2011-10-10 8:39 AM

User image

Pro
Baton Rouge area

Billy -congrats

Austin is coming up and of course I am not ready.  I can finish fine but not sure about the time goal, either way I will have fun.  Heading off to Baltimore today for a business trip and back on Thursday.

Everyone be careful or take pictures!

2011-10-10 8:40 AM

User image

Expert
Mark, I will hire a coach this year for my Ironman.  Not so much worried about getting to the start line this time as I am about finishing in under 13 hours, firgure the only way that would happen is if I had a coach.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH! Rss Feed  

of 240