Other Resources Challenge Me! » Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2009-10-21 2:48 PM
in reply to: #2468979

User image

Master
On a lake in the Adirondacks in NY
Subject: RE: Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3
Hubby is at a conference. (100+ state computer guys in one place.  Doesn't that sound like fun? Undecided) I have a PTSO meeting at 6 and kids are having dinner with my mom, sooooooo...... no cooking for me tonight!  Laughing  Luckily there are some yummy leftovers for me.

2009-10-21 2:49 PM
in reply to: #2470880

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

deehtz - 2009-10-21 7:49 AM
ceilidh - 2009-10-21 7:47 AM this is sad.. I cant think of a thing to say

OH but I sure enjoyed watching you fill up the page  Laughing 

My morning is slow, can you tell??

so, does that mean we can count on you to do the next update, Dee??? how nice of you!

2009-10-21 2:52 PM
in reply to: #2471072

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 8:56 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-20 7:46 PM

skrtrnr - 2009-10-20 3:14 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-20 3:50 PM

skrtrnr - 2009-10-20 1:30 PM 12.8 miles earned me a hamburger TOPpage.

nice delayed reaction there, Stacie! the topPage was four of your postings ago! and I soooooooo agree you deserve topPage...again and again and again...miss O O T T A S O T T A S T B H M M!!!!!!

see my hidden text message below for what all that mumble jumble stands for...

Queen of the TOPpage and soon to be Half Marathon Ma Ma!!!!!!

i LOVE my mumble jumble secret message. 

mwah!
stacieb

haha...just sent one to Pauls team...even though once again he complimented us! he said that we actually were reading our posts...and THAT in itself is very hard!

what did he think otherwise...this is a pc of cake to keep up with....he is aware we are college educated? right???                                          fingers and toes crossed about keeping up...but Ill never admit to it in black type!

GOOD OL JULESY.

stirrin the puddin.

stacieb

no just adding whipped cream to the pudding! a little bit of a difference, wouldnt ya say? haha

2009-10-21 2:53 PM
in reply to: #2471713

User image

Champion
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-21 2:06 PM

kimk - 2009-10-21 4:51 AM Good morning team! I'll be back....only ummm 17 more pages! I will never be talking in real time to you all!

17???

here is your run down:

Stacie has sick kids...that are getting better..but her husband may now be sick

Bill has an ITB injury and is now no longer running with us...just running his mouth! and that is why you are 17 pages behind now!!!

Katie is a work-a-holic and working 50 hours or more a week...has some tasty meals...and had a bad recent run...but we know her next one will be a GOOD one!

Debbie - our Yoga instructor...has had some frozen pipe issues...and is in th process of buying a new home...she now is a CHAMP at building fires and has a neighbor that swims n the lake near her no matter what the temps!]

Tracy is home talking baby talk to her little midget if she is not personal training....she is sad because she cant keep up...but that is a feat in itself! dont tell Paul from the other team I said so!!!

Neal...ran a Marathon the first of this month...he is now finding his legs again and ran a nine miler yesterday....this is after he had to endure a week of BORING focus groups and SUCKY sandwiches...he did get one day of free YUMMY COOKIES...but the rest of the week...there were none!

Julie...thats me...ran a half marathon the first of this month...and lost her legs somewhere along the course! I am about to be finish with work for the year ( my job ends Sunday) and then I will be travelling for the next few months! woo hoo!

Ann...has a SUPER clean house - and from the picture of her avatar...looks to be a rather large home!!!...She would like to spend more of that cleaning time with the kiddos...I say let the house fall down around you! family first! and just give me your husbands phone number!!! we can fiix him... Ann is such a giver...she has agreed to take naps for me! can I just say...Im a bit tired Ann...hoping you have one planned for the afternoon! U DA BEST!

Melissa is our newest med student! she is just getting wet under the gills and is also doing a challenge. My hat is off to her for competing in this challenge at the same time as med school started! YOU GO GIRL!!! plus she is running...and she is checking in...KIU Melissa! and when you are that big doctor making all those big bucks...dont your forget all us little people!! ok?

KimK can not keep up with our thread...but who can?? she is hoping to declutter her life, but cant because she has no time after trying to keep up on BT with us!! did you know she is a trap shooter???? my great uncle was one of the best! lets talk Kim! 

Kim C....our joisey (new jersey) girl....wants to hang out with us...but darn work is getting in her way...she has to run meetings and do other things then sit and chat with us! no fun when she's not around, either...so who do we need to call KIM??? who's your boss?

Amy has a daughter who rips the computer right out from under her...and the daughter wants the computer when Amy is doing really REALLY important stuff on it....like chatting with us!! Amy has been doing lots of construction around her home...she has learned that paying a contractor in advance may not be the best idea...and to make sure to babysit their every move...because otherwise you may be tearing down walls to start over from square one again! she now has a new carpeted basement, too! sounds like a place for a PARTY PARTY PARTY for our winning team at the end of this challenge!!?? what you think Amy...ready to break in that carpet??

Ceilia...stops in on occasion...she has some great dinners she has shared with us all..and must be out running lots...we have not heard from her as much as we would like to!

we have two kendras...both whom have seemed to fall of the face of the earth...I think they are out running....at least I hope! I have sent a PM to them...but no response! HOW RUDE!!! but understand when life gets in the way!

Lucy also seems to have left us!??? LUCY COME BACK!

we have a heckler Paul VanPaulus....he keeps telling us we are going to win! what a nice guy...guess he never took heckling school!

we have Dee who seems to always pop in when her name is mentioned...and always ALWAYS has her taser in hand! although, she didnt seem to break it out on us...guess she has no time after all the tasing she is doing on her team to get them to the lead for this week ONLY! we wanted to be nice and let them take the lead for this week..next week...we may allow another team to lead the challenge...but in the end....its all about SHOW US YOUR GHOULIES! we will dominate this challenge!

Scott...we have a running fool...who decided to run 100 miles this month! that is frickin incredible! he is knocking those miles out left and right! not sure how many bottles of beer are left on his wall...but if I know Scott...he's knocked off another ten or more today as I am typing this...so, Scott how many bottles are left?

BTW: WHATEVER YOU DO... dont ask Electrici-DEE about the jacobs ladder....NO REALLY DONT!!!

we also have a few that I think we scared away...looks like most are adding to the spreadsheet...so they are just our ghost teamies! seems appropriate seeing we are ghoulies!!! we do hope that you are getting lots of amazing information from all the chatting we are doing! thread 4....HERE WE COME!!!!

10 days left and this challenge is over...we started with a bang...and have a feeeling we will end with a BIG BANG! time to run and document those runs! do it for the team!!!

LETS GO GHOULIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'
how do you do that Jules?

my head hurts just reading all the details that you remember/covered.

holy crapoly!
stacieb
2009-10-21 2:55 PM
in reply to: #2470914

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

ceilidh - 2009-10-21 8:03 AM
wgraves7582 - 2009-10-21 10:50 AM

Great job Robin.

Any good pumpkin recipes.  We have a can I spotted the other day (Unless it is gone now) and I was trying to think of ways to incorporate it into my chicken plate.

I ususally use fresh pumpkin but the canned is good as a thickener in soups and stews.

sounds yummy! is it a lot of work!? cuz, if I were to watch my brother...it looks sooooooooo involved...is it?

2009-10-21 2:55 PM
in reply to: #2471848

User image

Champion
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-21 2:52 PM

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 8:56 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-20 7:46 PM

skrtrnr - 2009-10-20 3:14 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-20 3:50 PM

skrtrnr - 2009-10-20 1:30 PM 12.8 miles earned me a hamburger TOPpage.

nice delayed reaction there, Stacie! the topPage was four of your postings ago! and I soooooooo agree you deserve topPage...again and again and again...miss O O T T A S O T T A S T B H M M!!!!!!

see my hidden text message below for what all that mumble jumble stands for...

Queen of the TOPpage and soon to be Half Marathon Ma Ma!!!!!!

i LOVE my mumble jumble secret message. 

mwah!
stacieb

haha...just sent one to Pauls team...even though once again he complimented us! he said that we actually were reading our posts...and THAT in itself is very hard!

what did he think otherwise...this is a pc of cake to keep up with....he is aware we are college educated? right???                                          fingers and toes crossed about keeping up...but Ill never admit to it in black type!

GOOD OL JULESY.

stirrin the puddin.

stacieb

no just adding whipped cream to the pudding! a little bit of a difference, wouldnt ya say? haha

a BIG difference i would say. 

keep whippin' the cream!

stacieb

2009-10-21 2:57 PM
in reply to: #2470918

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

deehtz - 2009-10-21 8:04 AM
wgraves7582 - 2009-10-21 7:51 AM

deehtz - 2009-10-21 10:49 AM
ceilidh - 2009-10-21 7:47 AM this is sad.. I cant think of a thing to say

OH but I sure enjoyed watching you fill up the page  Laughing 

My morning is slow, can you tell??

Dee

we have to get your post count up.  Why don't you 1 line the next 3 or 4 pages.  Get you on your way out of the 200's

Ahh...  I have a short attention span I guess.  I keep hopping off to other sites.... very educational.... puzzles, games, but also running sites, biking, swimming too

so, what you saying.....is we are not keeping your attention! hmmmmmmmmmmm

what to do to keep Dees attention! maybe more cartoons? a tase here and there? or blocking those other sites on her computer! hmmmmmmmmmmmm what to do!!!???

2009-10-21 2:58 PM

User image

Champion
i think im caught up now.

THING 1 AND THING 2 are HOME!

and they are systematically MASSACURING all the LADYBUGS that have INADVERTENTLY entered our home.

DIE LADYBUGS DIE.

they are yelling, GLEEFULLY and running around high fiving each other.

maybe i should call them WILD THING 1 AND WILD THING 2?

LET THE WILD RUMPUS START.
stacieb
2009-10-21 3:08 PM

User image

Champion
sorry for any posts that i have INADVERTENTLY skipped in my responses.

i may be the TOPpage QUEEN.

but JULES is the 'STAY ON TOP OF ALL THATS HAPPENING IN THE GHOULIE VILLAGE' QUEEN.

i bow to the mahhhhster.
stacieb
2009-10-21 3:14 PM

User image

Champion

went to chiropractor today.

theyve been in the process of doing some re-evaluating.

like i shared, my hip/pelvis are not level.

my right hip sits higher than my left.

they've been doing weekly adjustments, and ive been wearing levelers to try and bring more balance, structurally.

after several months of adjustment, theres been almost a 50% improvement in the degree of unbalance.  GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS....

but theres still an imbalance.

the Doc said today that since the issue wasnt completely resolved by adjustments alone, theres a good chance that anatomically my right leg is shorter than my left leg....not by much, but enough that it was making an impact and probably the source of my foot problems last year.

ok.  no big deal.  were all a little OFF....

the upside is that they have 'lift' that they added to my leveler to help w the imbalance.

the whole thing just made me crack up.  when he said that my leg is probably shorter...

all i could think was...

not only i am a cock-eyed lil triathlete.

now im the cock-eyed lil triathlete w the shorter right leg.

LOLOLOLOL.

at least theres something to be done about the imbalance, and hopefully the lift will alleviate some of the IT/SI joint/lower back issues...

im all about being more BALANCED/LEVEL.

LIVE HAPPY!
stacieb

Edited by skrtrnr 2009-10-21 3:15 PM
2009-10-21 3:16 PM

User image

Champion
HAVE A NICE EVENING GHOULIE VILLAGE.

im off to get dinner started.

rotisserie chicken, rice pilaf and green beans.

2009-10-21 3:18 PM

User image

Champion

ALL TIME FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR:

BEN AND JERRYS CHUNKY MONKEY.

banana flavored icecream, fudge chunks, and walnuts

Edited by skrtrnr 2009-10-21 3:18 PM
2009-10-21 3:50 PM
in reply to: #2471698

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
wgraves7582 - 2009-10-21 2:58 PM

Oh I get a question of the day:

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor peeps?

Peanut Butter. It is at it's best with a warm brownie, some Hershey's syrup and chocolate sprinkles.
2009-10-21 3:54 PM
in reply to: #2471713

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-21 3:06 PM

kimk - 2009-10-21 4:51 AM Good morning team! I'll be back....only ummm 17 more pages! I will never be talking in real time to you all!

17???

here is your run down:

Stacie has sick kids...that are getting better..but her husband may now be sick

Bill has an ITB injury and is now no longer running with us...just running his mouth! and that is why you are 17 pages behind now!!!

Katie is a work-a-holic and working 50 hours or more a week...has some tasty meals...and had a bad recent run...but we know her next one will be a GOOD one!

Debbie - our Yoga instructor...has had some frozen pipe issues...and is in th process of buying a new home...she now is a CHAMP at building fires and has a neighbor that swims n the lake near her no matter what the temps!]

Tracy is home talking baby talk to her little midget if she is not personal training....she is sad because she cant keep up...but that is a feat in itself! dont tell Paul from the other team I said so!!!

Neal...ran a Marathon the first of this month...he is now finding his legs again and ran a nine miler yesterday....this is after he had to endure a week of BORING focus groups and SUCKY sandwiches...he did get one day of free YUMMY COOKIES...but the rest of the week...there were none!

Julie...thats me...ran a half marathon the first of this month...and lost her legs somewhere along the course! I am about to be finish with work for the year ( my job ends Sunday) and then I will be travelling for the next few months! woo hoo!

Ann...has a SUPER clean house - and from the picture of her avatar...looks to be a rather large home!!!...She would like to spend more of that cleaning time with the kiddos...I say let the house fall down around you! family first! and just give me your husbands phone number!!! we can fiix him... Ann is such a giver...she has agreed to take naps for me! can I just say...Im a bit tired Ann...hoping you have one planned for the afternoon! U DA BEST!

Melissa is our newest med student! she is just getting wet under the gills and is also doing a challenge. My hat is off to her for competing in this challenge at the same time as med school started! YOU GO GIRL!!! plus she is running...and she is checking in...KIU Melissa! and when you are that big doctor making all those big bucks...dont your forget all us little people!! ok?

KimK can not keep up with our thread...but who can?? she is hoping to declutter her life, but cant because she has no time after trying to keep up on BT with us!! did you know she is a trap shooter???? my great uncle was one of the best! lets talk Kim! 

Kim C....our joisey (new jersey) girl....wants to hang out with us...but darn work is getting in her way...she has to run meetings and do other things then sit and chat with us! no fun when she's not around, either...so who do we need to call KIM??? who's your boss?

Amy has a daughter who rips the computer right out from under her...and the daughter wants the computer when Amy is doing really REALLY important stuff on it....like chatting with us!! Amy has been doing lots of construction around her home...she has learned that paying a contractor in advance may not be the best idea...and to make sure to babysit their every move...because otherwise you may be tearing down walls to start over from square one again! she now has a new carpeted basement, too! sounds like a place for a PARTY PARTY PARTY for our winning team at the end of this challenge!!?? what you think Amy...ready to break in that carpet??

Ceilia...stops in on occasion...she has some great dinners she has shared with us all..and must be out running lots...we have not heard from her as much as we would like to!

we have two kendras...both whom have seemed to fall of the face of the earth...I think they are out running....at least I hope! I have sent a PM to them...but no response! HOW RUDE!!! but understand when life gets in the way!

Lucy also seems to have left us!??? LUCY COME BACK!

we have a heckler Paul VanPaulus....he keeps telling us we are going to win! what a nice guy...guess he never took heckling school!

we have Dee who seems to always pop in when her name is mentioned...and always ALWAYS has her taser in hand! although, she didnt seem to break it out on us...guess she has no time after all the tasing she is doing on her team to get them to the lead for this week ONLY! we wanted to be nice and let them take the lead for this week..next week...we may allow another team to lead the challenge...but in the end....its all about SHOW US YOUR GHOULIES! we will dominate this challenge!

Scott...we have a running fool...who decided to run 100 miles this month! that is frickin incredible! he is knocking those miles out left and right! not sure how many bottles of beer are left on his wall...but if I know Scott...he's knocked off another ten or more today as I am typing this...so, Scott how many bottles are left?

BTW: WHATEVER YOU DO... dont ask Electrici-DEE about the jacobs ladder....NO REALLY DONT!!!

we also have a few that I think we scared away...looks like most are adding to the spreadsheet...so they are just our ghost teamies! seems appropriate seeing we are ghoulies!!! we do hope that you are getting lots of amazing information from all the chatting we are doing! thread 4....HERE WE COME!!!!

10 days left and this challenge is over...we started with a bang...and have a feeeling we will end with a BIG BANG! time to run and document those runs! do it for the team!!!

LETS GO GHOULIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all of that I'm sure you needed my 4 hour nap!!! Well done!!!
2009-10-21 3:57 PM
in reply to: #2471841

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

serendipity - 2009-10-21 12:48 PM Hubby is at a conference. (100+ state computer guys in one place.  Doesn't that sound like fun? Undecided) I have a PTSO meeting at 6 and kids are having dinner with my mom, sooooooo...... no cooking for me tonight!  Laughing  Luckily there are some yummy leftovers for me.

so why are you not eating what moms cooking...have her warm it up when you pick up the kids...or even better if she is watching and cooking at your home!? then you can save the yummy leftovers you planned on eating for lunch or for tomorrows dinner!? just a thought!

2009-10-21 3:58 PM
in reply to: #2471157

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 9:18 AM course when i refer to my offspring as THING 1, 2 & 3

haha...why did I get a visual!?

2009-10-21 4:00 PM
in reply to: #2471162

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 9:19 AM it kinda ruins that 'im a good mom' thang i got goin' on.

I think its hilarious! so what does that make me???

2009-10-21 4:02 PM
in reply to: #2471083

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

kromanowski - 2009-10-21 8:59 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2009-10-20 11:14 PM

kromanowski - 2009-10-20 5:24 PM Getting ready to have yummy tostadas for dinner!  Have a good evening everyone!!

we are a team of foodies are we not!?? love hearing what we are eating...so what kind of tostados? chicken? beef? carnitas? and what do you top yours with?

Well the first layer is a black bean chirizo (sp?) mixture that is topped with chicken, tomatillo salsa and a little mexican cheese

mmmmmmmmmm~ but, no lettuce/tomatoes/avocado?

2009-10-21 4:04 PM
in reply to: #2471094

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 9:02 AM
kimk - 2009-10-20 8:00 PM AFTERNOON GHOULIES.

nice swim this morning.  1 mile continuous swim + 550 yds for good measure.

spent 45 mins driving around measuring out my route for tomorrows 12 miler. Santa BEST be bringing me my Garmin 310XT.

my reward is that at mile 9-10ish i get to run through the woods on an asphalt ladened trail. 

i know its the little things that motivate me, but man, i sure work what works

not that im gonna rest on my laurels, but i really want to sink down&enjoy tomorrows run, reflect on this season, think about where ive been, how far ive come, where im headed.

listen to some good tunes.  enjoy the leaves.  and the sunshine.  take my time. and....

smile, a lot along the way. 

just

run

happy.

sometimes i get SO focused on the training part, that i forget, i do this because i LOVE to....i do this because i enjoy it so...i do this because it makes me happy.

its supposed to be a great day weather wise - not too cold, not hot. 

[i even heard in the 70s on Wed, so ill be heading out on my bike for sure that day....]

HAPPY RUNNING!
stacieb
this is awesome Stacie Hope you have a great run(or had if it past!)

you know what KIM, it was a GREAT run

but for reasons that i didnt 'list'....

my son was home sick so i ended re-routing my run so i could stick closer to home.

it was the run that i inadvertantly over ran by .8 of a mile.

and it inspired all the EXTRA EFFORT that the GHOULIES are currently putting forth.

so, yes, a GREAT RUN IT WAS.

stacieb

way to find the positive in it!! hows the boy today???

2009-10-21 4:05 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

or should I say how is Thing 1, 2 or 3???...not knowing which one is sick!

2009-10-21 4:08 PM
in reply to: #2471152

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 9:17 AM freshly baked cookies for when my kids get home from school

well, THING 1 AND THING 2 get home from school, since THING 3 is here blowin snot out of his sinus cavities.

well there it is...I kind of answered my own question...its thing 3 home sick...

now does this signify...talking to ones self???

2009-10-21 4:11 PM

User image

Elite
Wow... I've got some catching up to do. In the meantime, I'll report that I got my 5k done today in 22:06 - PR by 1:50! (granted I've been gradually improving my then-non-existant fitness since the last time, but still...)

I'm off to go meet with the kids' principal. At least it's not for anything bad this time. I'll check back with you all later. GO GHOULIES!!!

Edited by iowagander 2009-10-21 4:13 PM
2009-10-21 4:12 PM
in reply to: #2471160

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

wgraves7582 - 2009-10-21 9:19 AM

skrtrnr - 2009-10-21 12:15 PM and ive been INTENSELY CRAVING PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES....

Nutter Butter Peanut Butter are great on a bike ride.  A little blue g-rade (or whichever brand is on sale at the store that day ) and a 4 pack and the energizer bunny is all fed.

Today is a food day definitely!

funny...we too love to take them along for our rides....I also, love peanut butter hydrox..but not too fond of the new oreo cookies with peanut butter filling! nope doesnt touch Hydrox!!!

2009-10-21 4:19 PM
in reply to: #2472050

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

iowagander - 2009-10-21 2:11 PM Wow... I've got some catching up to do. In the meantime, I'll report that I got my 5k done today in 22:06 - PR by 1:50! (granted I've been gradually improving my fitness since the last time, but still...)

I'm off to go meet with the kids' principal. At least it's not for anything bad this time. I'll check back with you all later. GO GHOULIES!!!

nice job Tom!!!!

2009-10-21 4:21 PM
in reply to: #2471173

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

kromanowski - 2009-10-21 9:23 AM Hoping that it feels better and I can do my 4 mile run tomorrow.

durn...you had it looked at?

New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Rss Feed  

of 80