BT Development Mentor Program Archives » left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 240

2012-01-19 11:51 PM
in reply to: #4000181

User image

Walla Walla
Subject: RE: left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH!
Oh, and am I the only one who's really glad that the thigh steak visual in Mav's link was black and white?  I keep thinking of my legs as really top quality ribeye now. 

2012-01-20 7:44 AM
in reply to: #1137328

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH!

Amy, you can be my personnal support!

Suz, you can se through me because of all the weight I have lost.

I forwarded the link about the muscles to our fitness coordinator where I work thinking she could us it in motivating our overweight masses.

On running shoes.  It is important to go to a proper store to get fit correctly, then buy a pair of shoes to support them, but, after that you can save a lot of money by buying your shoes online.  Sometimes like 40 bucks per pair, or more.  I believe in supporting our local folks, but when I buy 4 to 6 pairs a year, roadrunnersports makes a huge difference!

Just my opinion.

2012-01-20 8:26 AM
in reply to: #3999926

User image

Expert
elcaminobill - 2012-01-19 1:49 PM

Of course, but only if they are high heels!  I wear them late a night myself!!!!!

Calm down people, I am just kidding.   Yes I would take womens shoes as well.  I am specifically talking about trainers and or running shoes, or maybe tennis shoes. 

Come on now, you know that was funny.

I probably have some high heels I can send your way as well!!!  

If I can find some time between volleyball games this weekend, I'll see if I can find my old running shoes and contact you about getting them to you.

I feel for all of you in the freezing tundra.  We had temps in the high 70s yesterday.  I did my 5 mile run outside in shorts and a tank top.  Was loving it!  Just hope it gets cold again before my half marathon on the 29th.  I like to race when it's in the 40s or 50s.

2012-01-20 8:36 AM

Veteran
Woodstock, Georgia

Wow Patrick... You the Man!!!

Maria... way to go... I don't think I Have run for 3 minutes straight yet, so you are motivating me.

Suzie... where the heck is Walla Walla??  Laughing

I think this weekend I am going to try to read the entire thread!! That is my goal so I can know more about each of the veterans that keep popping in here to support us!!

Thanks All.

2012-01-20 10:59 AM

User image

Expert

Those interested in sending the retired running (AND HIGH HEELS) shoe to me for the Belize mission, my address is:

Billy McWilliams

313 Pine Ridge Point

Petal MS, 39465

Thanks in advance

2012-01-20 11:26 AM
in reply to: #4001550

User image

Pro
Baton Rouge area
elcaminobill - 2012-01-20 10:59 AM

Those interested in sending the retired running (AND HIGH HEELS) shoe to me for the Belize mission, my address is:

Billy McWilliams

313 Pine Ridge Point

Petal MS, 39465

Thanks in advance

When is your trip?  Not sure my wifes high heels would fit you....

2012-01-20 11:49 AM

User image

Expert
I will be leaving June 13th, so if all of you are training like yall should be, you should have several extra pairs by then.
2012-01-20 2:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Welcome Patrick!

Way to go Maria, before you know it you will be running farther.

Malsup - you will get there, don't worry.

Billy and Amy, I hope to see you both in Louisville as I am seriously thinking about just doing it.

Moved my long run of 20 miles up to this morning as they are predicting rain/storms for the weekend.  Woke up to rain.........however by the time we got started it had stopped.  Yeah!!!! This was my longest run in quite some time and it was rather painful.  I am really wondering how I am going to get 6 more miles out of me for the marathon in 3 weeks.

Kathy

2012-01-20 3:00 PM

Extreme Veteran
Kathy - don't worry about the last 6 miles. You are not running 26.2 miles. You ARE running one mile 26.2 times. Just focus on Left.Right.Repeat and a volunteer will tell you when to stop. You got this!!!
2012-01-20 7:48 PM

Extreme Veteran
Hey I am goin to keep our finish lines up to date this year. For the newbies, we keep a running total of finish lines crossed through the year. I have ONE so far this year, what about you???
2012-01-20 9:23 PM

User image

Richmond Hill

I just finished "The Book" today. It really is a great read (or listen, in my case, Audiobooks to & from work!).  There is so much that is motivational and inspirational, including our mentor's role. Bryan - you are now officially one of my heroes!

Patrick - Welcome to the group! It is certainly our honor to have you join, as I'm sure many of us (particularly us newbs) will benefit from your experiences more than we will be able to contribute to you. Your story is amazing! 

Suzie - Looks like your making some great progress. 1200m in 18 min is quite good. I am no where near that! As far as your heartrate on the bike relative to the run - maybe some of the more experienced folks can give a better opinion - but it is typical for me that my max / typical heartrate is highest on the run, next on the bike, and then the swim. Of course, that may just be because I'm trying depearately to improve my run, have some experience on the bike, and am just trying to stay afloat on the swim!

Billy - I would love the hear more about your work in Belize! If you have already explained it previously on this forum, let me know and I will refer back (I'm only through page 50 of 272, but like Monte, I am determined to catch up!). If it is not appropriate for the board - PM me at [email protected] 

I did 1200 yards in the pool yesterday and 30 minutes on the bike (Kurt Kinetic trainer). Overslept this morning so I didn't get my swim in today, but did 25 minutes on the trainer. Only did 25 minutes because the Domino's man came at the 25 min point, and in my haste to get off the bike and to the door, I broke the front of my Time pedals. Just order a replacement (ouch!) but won't be able to ride again until the new pedals arrive. (Don't harass me too much about ordering pizza - tonight is my wife's "Bunco" night, so this is a treat once a month with my girls!).

Thanks,

Robbie

2012-01-20 11:04 PM

User image

Walla Walla

Malsup - if you draw a line from Altanta, GA to Seattle, WA, Walla Walla will be where your line crosses into the state of Washington. Rolling hills, wheat, and wine grapes.

2012-01-21 8:18 AM
in reply to: #4002770

Veteran
Woodstock, Georgia

Suzie.. sounds nice!!  now i have a weather reference for ya!!

Robbie!! slow down.. you are getting ahead of me, but i have plane time (travel) this week... Will be in Phoenix the next couple days... so i can get more reading in..

Just finished morning swim...  most people would call it morning splash around the pool..! ha..UgHHH..

Bryan ---- Just bought my helmet yesterday.. so i can officially get ON the bike instead of just looking at it.. ha.

Already registered for first Sprint, and will probably register for the next one next week... that will be (2) finishes pending unforeseen circumstances... First is May 19th, Second is June 17th.. and depending on how it goes, am looking at an Oly in Sept.... 

I will fill ya'll in on a funny work/tri story on another post...

Monte

2012-01-21 10:46 AM

Hi everyone! I'm dropping in to say hi and let you know that I have not dropped out....I've just been lurking in the shadows. A wise man (Bryan) once said, "it's a bit overwhelming at first" and I suppose it is. Lots of new people and a rediculously huge amount of very useful information.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better. I'm a quiet type, but I'll do my best to come out of my shell and post a bit more often.

A question I have:

Does anyone have an waterproof MP3 player? Any suggestions for a good product? Sorry if it's been adresses previously...I'm still trying to find the time to get through all the posts.

Happy tri'ing!

Tanya

2012-01-21 10:58 AM

Extreme Veteran
Tanya - wise?? Maybe wise guy! Thanks. I have not used one but I hear SwimP3 is good. There are also some waterproof cases available if you have an old iPod. I would not want to risk my new iPhone but an old iPod might be risked.
2012-01-21 3:31 PM
in reply to: #4003135

User image

Regular
Cincinnati

We've had an ice storm up here in Cincinnati, which is kind of a bummer, since Saturday is my long run day.  Just no way to safely do it outside today, so I had to hit the treadmill.  90 minutes on the treadmill gets boring for me pretty fast, but at least it's done. 

I'm starting to think of the gear I'm going to need to do tri's, and at the top of the list is a tri suit.  Any recommendations?  One piece or two?  Color?  I guess you wear the tri suit as a bathing suit?  Is that right?  I'm kind of confused about it, as you can probably tell.

2012-01-21 4:10 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

An update on the bad hoof situation.  It seems to have gotten a little better so tomorrow I am going to conduct an experiment.  Since a new pair of shoes is not in the budget at the moment here is what I'm going to do.  Loosen the laces on my current shoes, the ones that Suzie and I think are too narrow, and jog, not run, jog, for 15 minutes on the dreadmill.  Then we'll see how things feel.  I think that will be a good indicator of where things stand, or limp as the case may be.  Then I'm going to go home to eat chicken wings, watch football, and ice the stupid foot.

If anyone thinks this is not a good idea, or downright stupid, let me know.  About running I mean, the chicken wings and football are happening whether they're a good idea or not.  Thanks!

2012-01-21 5:11 PM

Extreme Veteran
90 mins on the treadmill is tough but safer than an icy run.
2012-01-21 5:12 PM

Extreme Veteran
Oh yeah. I wear Tri short and a jersey. I have never found a one piece that fit me. And yes, you swim in it. Keeps down transition times and nudity in public.
2012-01-21 5:15 PM

Extreme Veteran
Dan - be careful. I might do it barefoot but that's just me. Wheat does the foot hurt? Thinking of why we are loosening laces. But I bet almost ALL of you lace your shoes too tight. Remember your feet SWELL during runs - especially long runs.
2012-01-21 5:22 PM

User image

Expert
I have used both a one piece and a 2 piece tri suit, much rather use the 2 piece.  I found the Desoto product is the best for me.  I use the 4 pocket shorts and love them.

2012-01-21 6:08 PM

Regular

I am still here too, just had a crazy travel schedule so I have been reading posts before going to bed but falling asleep before I get a chance to string a few intelligible words together.  On a bright note, I had an awesome run today past checkpoint charlie, a piece of the old wall, and the brandenburger tor, all in all barely 3 miles with a lot of picture stops but a run that meant a lot to me as my mom is from east Germany and we used to visit the DDR all the time as kids.

Anyway, more later

Pam

2012-01-21 6:38 PM

Washington DC

Argh! I tried to post earlier and my phone ate my post.

Regarding the finsih lines... can you all advise how much I should be doing this summer? Here's what I was thinking, but it seems like it might be too much... but if it's not.. it's what I want to do!

March 24th indoor tri

(possible) May 13th sprint (i hear its hilly and not beginner friendly, so I'm unsure).

(already signed up) June 17: 5k

June 24th oly

July 28th sprint

Aug 12th 70 mi bike ride (informally with friends to watch the perseid meteor shower in a state park)

August 26th Chicago tri oly... the big race I'm training for.

Today: ran/walked a little, have no idea of the distance since it was darting around side streets since no one shovels their sidewalks. Not something I plan on repeating.. a little too stressful for me.

2012-01-21 7:30 PM

Extreme Veteran
Color of Tri gear = NO WHITE. Quite often it becomes see thru when wet.
2012-01-21 7:33 PM

Extreme Veteran
Pam - cool run. A big part of fitness is being able to do really cool stuff. A checkpoint Charlie run would definitely be way up there.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » left.right.repeat group -closed - Full of a bunch of winners...YEAH! Rss Feed  

of 240