Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2013-07-02 8:54 PM
in reply to: Nadscats

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN

Originally posted by Nadscats Good job Suzy, been in the 50+ for a couple of years and YES, we are all tough women. Congrats to Dino!! My husband came home from Afghanistan for 30 days on Sunday, woo hoo!!! He is helping with my training. He got me out in the open water and it actually went ok (eventually). We swam about 1300 mtrs. We did a paceline bike last night, a personal strength training session this morning and have an OWS tonight with a run, (he is biking while I run). We are doing a long ride on Thursday or Saturday to Johnson Ridge on Mt St Helens. It is so nice to finally have my best training partner back, even if it is temporary. I am only about 7 wks out from the IM so this could not have come at a better time.

That must be so great to have him back in town and so hard to have him leave again!  Enjoy the SBR and whatever else you two choose to do! Wink

2013-07-03 12:07 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
san francisco
Originally posted by Nadscats

Good job Suzy, been in the 50+ for a couple of years and YES, we are all tough women.
Congrats to Dino!!
My husband came home from Afghanistan for 30 days on Sunday, woo hoo!!! He is helping with my training. He got me out in the open water and it actually went ok (eventually). We swam about 1300 mtrs. We did a paceline bike last night, a personal strength training session this morning and have an OWS tonight with a run, (he is biking while I run). We are doing a long ride on Thursday or Saturday to Johnson Ridge on Mt St Helens. It is so nice to finally have my best training partner back, even if it is temporary. I am only about 7 wks out from the IM so this could not have come at a better time.

Sounds like wonderful times, Nadine!

Edited by kt65 2013-07-03 12:07 AM
2013-07-03 4:12 AM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Expert
Noosa
Originally posted by SSMinnow

Who's watching the Tour? thoughts?

I'm finding it hard to get enthused.  hoping the time trial tonight changes that.

I'm watching!!! I LOVE the TdF, it's great to see Corsica. We had our honeymoon there, we spent the first week in a tiny stone cottage overlooking the sea then drove to Calvi and stayed in a hotel in the old town on the fortified headland. I've still got the hotel towel!

Go Orica Greenedge!!!
2013-07-03 8:50 AM
in reply to: copa2251

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

It's Wednesday again folks.  The time sure flies when you're training.  Who's toeing the line this weekend? 

Let's talk about the first time ...........  the first time you completed a triathlon.  What were your fears?  What do you remember?  What did you learn?

2013-07-03 9:14 AM
in reply to: jfought

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina
Originally posted by jfought

It's Wednesday again folks.  The time sure flies when you're training.  Who's toeing the line this weekend? 

Let's talk about the first time ...........  the first time you completed a triathlon.  What were your fears?  What do you remember?  What did you learn?

No racing for me.  I'm still playing tourist....Boston this time.  Same handsome tour guide.....new city.

Let the comments fly Cool

Boston

2013-07-03 12:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

I am racing the First ever Huntsville off road Tri for Ole Glory tomorrow. The forecast is 100% chance of rain.

Speaking of rain thats what it did during my first Tri. It was about 44 F and rained the whole time. I remember The water being warmer than the temp outside. My fear was not finishing and the swim. I learned that even in unfavorable conditions I can do anything I put my mind to. I learned that layers can be agood thing on the bike glad i packed a jacket that morning. I also learned that there will usually be ppl slower and faster than you at the three events.

2013-07-03 7:15 PM

User image

Master
Maryland

No racing for me.  I'm still playing tourist....Boston this time.  Same handsome tour guide.....new city.

Boston

Jayne, that is a great pic of you both. It is so cool you get to tour the Freedom Trail!!
I am racing a local 5k tomorrow.
My first tri was an OWS. I panicked after the start and did a lot of back stroke. I learned that this is a common reaction and worked participated in OWS clinics to get over my anxiety.
2013-07-03 9:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia

Boston

Nice @$$. No P'tree for me this year. Been raining all day & it's forecasted to continue through the weekend. Yuck. We're taking Tommy to the aquarium tomorrow (probably with every family in the city). This will be his first visit, but he explained the aquarium to his sitter as a "zoo for fish."

Good luck to everyone racing! Have fun in Boston, Jayne! It's my favorite American city and a great place to spend the Fourth.

2013-07-03 11:22 PM
in reply to: tdl1972

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

Not racing....taper time so I can finish Vineman in the same timezone as Kim!!!  10 days - but if this heat doesn't stop, don't know what I'll do.  Day six of over 100 degrees.

My first one was Wildflower Long Course (HIM) in May of 2009.  What a way to start.......

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=157310

2013-07-04 7:18 AM
in reply to: velcromom

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

No racing here either.   My first race really was a learning experience.  The swim nearly did me in, but I somehow managed to survive.  You can read all about it here:   http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=177462

Jayne: that bike looks really heavy...definitely not carbon...get Bruce to turn around so that you guys are both peddling in the same direction.

2013-07-04 11:18 AM
in reply to: dcon

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
Well I finished in about 1:55. The bike was sloppy wet. I took my cap off in the water and forgot to grab my watch so its MIA right now. Race report coming soon

2013-07-04 2:14 PM
in reply to: mbehr1983

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
Here is the report. It is vague due to my forgetfullness

(TRIforOleGlory1 (533x800).jpg)

(almostdonei (100x100).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
TRIforOleGlory1 (533x800).jpg (225KB - 17 downloads)
almostdonei (100x100).jpg (13KB - 17 downloads)
2013-07-05 8:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

I am in the market for a new watch since I lost mine. If anyone has a garmin 310 or 910 they want to sell let me know. I would like the quisck disonnect since I still have the accessories.

Thanks

2013-07-05 9:42 AM

User image

New user
Nice!! Looks like a lot of fun, congrats!
2013-07-05 12:22 PM
in reply to: Nadscats

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Georgia
Looks like you had a good time, Mike. I will check out your RR when I get back on my computer. The iPad won't let me open it for some reason.
2013-07-05 4:17 PM
in reply to: tdl1972

User image

Champion

Originally posted by tdl1972 Looks like you had a good time, Mike. I will check out your RR when I get back on my computer. The iPad won't let me open it for some reason.

My Mac wouldn't let me open it either!!

2013-07-05 4:19 PM

User image

Champion
I finished my first five hour ride of the season and would like to report back that my Parlee and I are best friends!  Next step will be to put that fancy new front wheel back on and get used to it when the wind isn't a factor.  I can also say that riding for five hours is a long damn time.  Holy cats.  Next year, I'm focusing on Sprints!Surprised
2013-07-05 4:33 PM

Master
Charlotte, NC
I am supposed to do a group ride tomorrow and I really want to go. Unfortunately they are calling for rain (when aren't they lately?) and I am really nervous about riding in the rain. I don't really do it.

So, what is your best riding in the rain advice? (Or should I just stay home on my trainer?)
2013-07-05 4:55 PM
in reply to: tricrazy

User image

Elite
san francisco
I couldn't open Mike's rr either but hey, great pics!

Good job on 5 hours of saddle time, Ms. Suzy! My arse is tired just thinking about it!

Rachel, if you are not comfortable in the rain, go trainer. This is of course from the girl who hits the trainer when it's too foggy out. Which is most of the time. But seriously, we do this for fun and fitness, right? So do what feels best. And enjoy!
2013-07-05 5:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
My log is very vague due to me losing my watch. I do not know why it is not opening for yall. Here is the link http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-edit.asp?raceid=250262. The most fun I have had yet in my early Tri career! I went back to look for my watch and prolly wasted 10-15 mins. I am not sure if this would of put me in the podium group but I think I could have been a few spots better.

Edited by mbehr1983 2013-07-05 5:10 PM
2013-07-05 5:41 PM

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

Actually, that link does not work either.  I'm thinking it is a BT bug, but not positive.  Try this:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=494249

Edited by dcon 2013-07-05 5:42 PM

2013-07-05 8:15 PM
in reply to: dcon

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

Nice race, Mike.  The link bounced me out a few times, but when I went in through the race reports forum, it worked.  ARGH.  Not liking this new BT!!!

I had a BIG day - not like Suzy's BIG days, but big.  I got a new wetsuit, brand new, from a local Pro - a TYR Hurricane Cat5.  I'm thinking it's going to take MEGA time off my swim.  MUCH more time than mere practice could do.  Excited about this.....and a LITTLE concerned.  By the charts TYR posts, I'm between S/M and M.  WAY closer to S/M, and this suit is an M.  I tried it on - wow.  WAY nicer than my el-cheapo 4 year old Orca, but a bit long.  We'll see!  It may have room to install a small motor in it.  WIN!

Got a bike fit from a locally renown fitter.....with Jeff, so we were there for almost 6 hours.  REALLY changed up my bike.  Feels much better, but different.  He told us it would take a few weeks to settle in - with Vineman in 8 days????  Ah, well.  B race, I guess.

Question to all of you muscle people:  My hip flexors (especially left) aren't working (one legs drills are IMPOSSIBLE) and my quads are hugely tight.  Any advice??

Hope eveyone had a great 4th celebration - I MAY have had one margarita too many.  Trying to figure out where to put it - carbs? fruit?  Hmmmmm........

2013-07-06 1:58 AM
in reply to: velcromom

User image

Expert
Noosa

Well done Mike, the link Dan gave worked.

Nice ride Suzy, just sprints next year?? We'll see....

Hope you enjoy the new wetsuit Linda, I love my HUUB Aerious! I need to find an excuse to use it again. As far as the hip flexor issue, do some squats an see if it helps.

2013-07-06 9:36 AM

User image

Master
Maryland

I finished my first five hour ride of the season and would like to report back that my Parlee and I are best friends!  Next step will be to put that fancy new front wheel back on and get used to it when the wind isn't a factor.  I can also say that riding for five hours is a long damn time.  Holy cats.  Next year, I'm focusing on Sprints!Surprised

Suzy, I am impressed! I can only imagine.... I'd have trouble moving after that kind of effort, great one for your TL!
2013-07-06 6:03 PM

User image

Master
Tosa, WI

Next year, I'm focusing on Sprints!Surprised

HA!!!  I call BS! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 44