Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2010-05-23 9:35 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
Tim - great to hear you had a good race and even with all those killer hills you came pretty darn close to your goal time.  That is pretty rude putting such a hilly run course out there like that!  Can't wait to read all about it on your race report.

Well, I am pushing my workouts back one more day.  I am finally close to being fully healed, but now I've got a ton of yard/house work to catch up on today.  Spent all day Fri at the lake with some friends and then we had another social day yesterday with more friends so I wasn't able to get that stuff done before today.  But I am going to put this out there now...thanks to Debbie and others who get up at 430-5a to go workout, I am going to attempt to do early morning runs 2x a week.  Gonna start Mon morning.  Wife gets up at 5a for work, and I normally get up at 6a...so I am now going to get up with her and go for a run.  We'll see how it goes.  This way when I get home from work I don't have to squeeze in two workouts. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and we'll see what this week brings!

2010-05-23 11:40 AM
in reply to: #2876378

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-05-23 9:35 AM Tim - great to hear you had a good race and even with all those killer hills you came pretty darn close to your goal time.  That is pretty rude putting such a hilly run course out there like that!  Can't wait to read all about it on your race report.

Well, I am pushing my workouts back one more day.  I am finally close to being fully healed, but now I've got a ton of yard/house work to catch up on today.  Spent all day Fri at the lake with some friends and then we had another social day yesterday with more friends so I wasn't able to get that stuff done before today.  But I am going to put this out there now...thanks to Debbie and others who get up at 430-5a to go workout, I am going to attempt to do early morning runs 2x a week.  Gonna start Mon morning.  Wife gets up at 5a for work, and I normally get up at 6a...so I am now going to get up with her and go for a run.  We'll see how it goes.  This way when I get home from work I don't have to squeeze in two workouts. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and we'll see what this week brings!
  Good luck with that one Tim!!  You know I tried a few times and it never worked for me!!
2010-05-23 5:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
I have a really hard time with the morning workouts, as well!  It is soooo hard to get up that early, early enough to wake up, work out, cool down, shower, eat, and get ready for work!  But when I get into full training mode, I'm gonna be doing the same thing.  Good luck tomorrow morning, Tim!  It's a holiday up here in Canada tomorrow, so I am going to have a nice relaxing day, go for a ride, and just enjoy my time off...  Maybe apply for college, who can really say  :P  Hope everyone had a good weekend!!!
2010-05-23 5:25 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I am not a morning person at all so we'll see what happens.  Wife pretty much said she will be turning on all the lights and making as much freakin noise as possible in order to make sure I wake up.  Gotta love her!   

I like the new pic Tim...sore today?
2010-05-23 6:48 PM
in reply to: #2876820

User image

Expert
Coming from a person who wakes up at 4:30am every morning to workout - LIGHTS ARE KEY!!  No matter how tired I am or how slow I stumble into the bathroom I turn those lights on as bright as they go and within 10 seconds I am "up".  I also wasn't a morning person but if you stick with it it becomes normal.  I find it so nice to know that I have gotten my workout in in the morning and not stress out about it during the day about when I will squeeze it in.  Good luck with it.

chichitao - 2010-05-23 5:25 PM I am not a morning person at all so we'll see what happens.  Wife pretty much said she will be turning on all the lights and making as much freakin noise as possible in order to make sure I wake up.  Gotta love her!   

I like the new pic Tim...sore today?
2010-05-23 7:43 PM
in reply to: #2876820

User image

Veteran
You can do it Tim!!!  Really once you get used to it you will be fine.  I love working out in the morning because then it is done for the day, well if you are only doing one workout a day.  I also have more energy when I get up and workout in the morning.  I will still get up and do my workout once school is done for the summer.  I will just move from 4:50 to 5:30!

Weekend was pretty good.  Didn't get my workout in this morning.  I wimped out and slept in and then got busy around the house and made excuses.  Mad at myself right now, but I will make it up this week. 

Don't know if anyone else is a LOST fan, but I can't wait for tonights finale!!!! 

2010-05-24 6:11 AM
in reply to: #2877007

User image

Expert
South Jersey
debbiereid06 - 2010-05-23 7:43 PM You can do it Tim!!!  Really once you get used to it you will be fine.  I love working out in the morning because then it is done for the day, well if you are only doing one workout a day.  I also have more energy when I get up and workout in the morning.  I will still get up and do my workout once school is done for the summer.  I will just move from 4:50 to 5:30!

Weekend was pretty good.  Didn't get my workout in this morning.  I wimped out and slept in and then got busy around the house and made excuses.  Mad at myself right now, but I will make it up this week. 

Don't know if anyone else is a LOST fan, but I can't wait for tonights finale!!!! 

What time do you get up to workout?  I have tried it a few times and just can't do it!  People say you have no excuses to not work out in the morning but tons later in the day.  Umm....sleep is a great excuse to me!!  My other problem is the kids.  John is always gone way before the boys are awake.  Logan still tends to be all over the place with waking up in the morning and Joe usually ends up in our bed anywhere between 4:30 and 6:30.  I am on my own to deal with them so it is hard to make mornings work around here. 
2010-05-24 7:41 AM
in reply to: #2877398

User image

Veteran
It is hard and it was hard to get used to getting up, but I just had to stick with it.  I do go to bed super early tho because sleep is important to me too and I need 8 hours so I am usually in bed no later than 9:30.  I am lucky with my daughter because she is a sleeper and my hubby doesn't leave for work until 6:30ish, so I am done by the time he needs to leave.  It just works for me and there are a lot of people it doesn't work for.  It is all about preference.
2010-05-24 7:55 AM
in reply to: #2877506

User image

Expert
South Jersey
debbiereid06 - 2010-05-24 7:41 AM It is hard and it was hard to get used to getting up, but I just had to stick with it.  I do go to bed super early tho because sleep is important to me too and I need 8 hours so I am usually in bed no later than 9:30.  I am lucky with my daughter because she is a sleeper and my hubby doesn't leave for work until 6:30ish, so I am done by the time he needs to leave.  It just works for me and there are a lot of people it doesn't work for.  It is all about preference.

I do think if Logan were more consistent, I could make it work.  I keep reminding myself that eventually I will have to fight them to wake up!    My other problem is I need to stick with the same time of the day.  If I were on mornings and I missed a morning, I can't run that night and then run early the next morning.  My feet need more recovery time than that.  And right now as you can see, most of my training is running!  I need to get my bike to the shop!!!
2010-05-24 11:59 AM

User image

Expert

Funny Story Yell- I go over 3 months using clip on pedals and no issues and sure enough before the race on Saturday with thousands of people in the starting area I am going to take my bike for a short warmup and make sure I am in the correct gear for the big uphill right at the start.  Well I should have started before the uphill because I clipped my left in and went to start and realized I was in WAY TOO HIGH A GEAR and tried to start pedaling with right.  The ground was damp and my right foot slipped and I just tipped over like a falling tree.  Pretty embarrassing and not a great confidence booster 30 minutes before my first triathlon!!  I guess it was better to happen before the race than during right?

2010-05-24 12:15 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
T2 - Great falling story!  Laughing  Everybody does it, so I can always appreciate a good one.  At least you still did the race!

And I've been trying to do the morning workouts too.  It's easier on bike days because I can ride on the drainer with Ryan.  On run days though, it's a totally different story.  I have a harder time waking up then.  I need to get better before August, when school starts again.  Ryan is always up at like 5-5:30, and it just amazes me.  But it's true, you do feel better if you workout that early.

I won't be getting my run in today because I think I pinched a nerve in my neck/shoulder.  I have no idea what happened, but I woke up in so much pain that I could barely move my head.  The plan is to try to massage it all day, then get in a bike later tonight, and hopefully it will be better to run tomorrow.  Here's to hoping! 

2010-05-24 3:30 PM

User image

Regular
Hello group! 

sounds like everyone is doing pretty well lately. Sorry i haven't been around much. I am back from vacation ( for a bit) and  I will be on more often.

Anyone have an upcoming race?  my next races is June 12th and I am pretty excited about it.  I am trying to decide if I am going to sign up for another Oly this summer too. What do you guys think?

How's everyone feeling??? Staying motivated?

I gained a llittle weight while on vacation.. so that got me down a bit, but I am just going to put myself back into a routine and work it off as quick as i can.  I am SOOO ready for a hardcore training summer. :D

2010-05-24 10:00 PM

User image

Expert
Here is my Garmin data for Bike/Run.  I forgot to hit the split between them so they are combined but it gives you an idea of elevations and speed.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34170318

Next time I will make sure to be more accurate with transitions and times with the Garmin.

2010-05-25 7:09 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Crazy busy at work today and didn't even get on computer.  Tomorrow will probably be more of the same.  Got an easy trainer ride in tonight.  It felt ok, but not great.  Doing my 2nd early run tomorrow morning. 

Tim - I didn't realize gamin connect can do all that.  I need to go try it with my race too.  Cool stuff.  I'll check out the details of it more when I get the chance. 

I expect everyone to be kicking some butt this week!
2010-05-25 9:22 PM
in reply to: #2881994

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-05-25 7:09 PM Crazy busy at work today and didn't even get on computer.  Tomorrow will probably be more of the same.  Got an easy trainer ride in tonight.  It felt ok, but not great.  Doing my 2nd early run tomorrow morning. 

Tim - I didn't realize gamin connect can do all that.  I need to go try it with my race too.  Cool stuff.  I'll check out the details of it more when I get the chance. 

I was the complete opposite of you at work today!  I was bored out of my mind.  I did about 2 hours total work and then caught up on some shows on the Internet.  I was the only one at the office today so I could get away with it.  I am alone on Friday too.  I plan on bringing in my 8 pound dumbbells, resistance band, and P90X dvds!
2010-05-26 6:14 AM
in reply to: #2882223

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Mrschach - 2010-05-25 10:22 PM
chichitao - 2010-05-25 7:09 PM Crazy busy at work today and didn't even get on computer.  Tomorrow will probably be more of the same.  Got an easy trainer ride in tonight.  It felt ok, but not great.  Doing my 2nd early run tomorrow morning. 

I was the complete opposite of you at work today!  I was bored out of my mind.  I did about 2 hours total work and then caught up on some shows on the Internet.  I was the only one at the office today so I could get away with it.  I am alone on Friday too.  I plan on bringing in my 8 pound dumbbells, resistance band, and P90X dvds!

Awesome!  Way to be productive, even when your job isn't busy!  Always nice to be able to do that!   

2010-05-26 7:44 AM
in reply to: #2882451

User image

Expert
South Jersey
LockOut - 2010-05-26 6:14 AM
Mrschach - 2010-05-25 10:22 PM

Awesome!  Way to be productive, even when your job isn't busy!  Always nice to be able to do that!   

This is the first time I will be doing something like this!  I am hardly ever by myself though.  Our secretary is on vacation this week and my parents (I work for my dad) are going away this weekend and my dad is leaving Friday morning.  He does feel bad that I was by myself yesterday and again on Friday and told me to leave tomorrow when I am done my work that needs to be done!
2010-05-26 11:59 AM

User image

Regular
Good morning everyone!!! 

I have to get  a really good run in today but I am lacking the motivation.  My daughter had a ROUGH night and I didn't get the sleep I needed.  6 miles sounds TOUGH. Blah

But I really need to do it.  Wish me luck...

OH and I am in a "Hot Mama" contest and I could really use some extra votes to win.  I am #80 in the 34 and under section... If you could take a few minutes to vote for me... I'd love you forever  :D

http://www.971zht.com/pages/hotmama10/

Edited by Tri.me2010 2010-05-26 12:01 PM
2010-05-26 12:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Do it, Court!  DO IT!  Just think of how good sleep will be tonight if you go for a run, after not getting a great sleep last night!

But seriously, if it's an issue of being tired, take a rest day.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Don't want to overtrain, now do ya?  If it's a lack of motivation, that's something else!  If that's the case, go go go go go.  

Go now!

I'm gonna go for a long run tonight, despite the heat.  For me, a long run is much less than 6 miles.  I'm aiming for around 7 to 8k.  It's f'n hot here, so it may be shorter than that, but we'll see how I feel when I get out there. 
2010-05-26 2:10 PM
in reply to: #2883440

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Tri.me2010 - 2010-05-26 11:59 AM Good morning everyone!!! 

I have to get  a really good run in today but I am lacking the motivation.  My daughter had a ROUGH night and I didn't get the sleep I needed.  6 miles sounds TOUGH. Blah

But I really need to do it.  Wish me luck...

OH and I am in a "Hot Mama" contest and I could really use some extra votes to win.  I am #80 in the 34 and under section... If you could take a few minutes to vote for me... I'd love you forever  :D

http://www.971zht.com/pages/hotmama10/

How was that run?
2010-05-26 2:50 PM

User image

Regular
I haven't been able to go yet. Yuck.. trying though :d

2010-05-26 3:30 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Do or do not...there is no try.  *such a dork, I know*

Alright Court...super peer pressure here if you're reading.  If you don't do the run, I won't be swimming today.  That is my workout when I leave work here in about 30min.  It is hot here too and I really want to go swim, so you have to do that run!
2010-05-26 3:39 PM

User image

Regular

Getting my gear on now... you convinced me :D  THANKS
2010-05-26 5:06 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
RYAN GOT A JOB, RYAN GOT A JOB, RYAN GOT A JOB!!!

Who cares about dieting, I'm celebrating tonight! 

Anybody want to help us move? Wink
2010-05-26 5:08 PM
in reply to: #2884492

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
SoccerGK - 2010-05-26 3:06 PM RYAN GOT A JOB, RYAN GOT A JOB, RYAN GOT A JOB!!!

Who cares about dieting, I'm celebrating tonight! 

Anybody want to help us move? Wink

Excellent news!! Congrats to Ryan and you...what race are you signing up for first?!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103