BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-05-30 8:50 AM
in reply to: #4128570

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!

Morning folks, the aliens came back over the weekend and abducted me again, but this time they dropped me off at a weekend long 10U softball tourney.  It worked out pretty well as I did get to see my daughter play though. 

T minus 10 days till the first triathlon of the year for me.  Ive been fighting through some pretty good knee pain since the half marathon which has taken away from run training, but its a sprint distance so I still should be good to go. 

Hope you are all doing well.

2012-05-30 9:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Missoula
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!

This sums up my second season so far. Laughing

2012-05-30 4:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

This is my next triathlon...who's with me?? But you have to be willing to go sans wetsuit (and bathing suit) donning only a green swim capWink

Actually...my real next tri is this weekend, and I need some encouragement. It's an OWS and I'm pretty sure not wetsuit legal, since it's 99 degrees outside and the lake temp is currently about 80 degrees. I'm pretty worried how I'm going to float on my back when I start panicking!! At least I'm going to start in the novice group, so I'll be in the last group out to start the swim!

2012-05-30 4:53 PM
in reply to: #4235998

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
Sarah73 - 2012-05-30 5:04 PM

This is my next triathlon...who's with me?? But you have to be willing to go sans wetsuit (and bathing suit) donning only a green swim capWink

Actually...my real next tri is this weekend, and I need some encouragement. It's an OWS and I'm pretty sure not wetsuit legal, since it's 99 degrees outside and the lake temp is currently about 80 degrees. I'm pretty worried how I'm going to float on my back when I start panicking!! At least I'm going to start in the novice group, so I'll be in the last group out to start the swim!

Oh you will do fantastic! You may even like swimming without the wetsuit better! :-) its a "free" feeling....and probably less likely to panic as you will not feel constricted.....positive thoughts being sent your way!As for me I have been biking, doing the orangetheory class and some swimming....still fighting the PF devil! Argggg
2012-05-30 5:56 PM

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Sarah73 - 2012-05-30 4:04 PM

Good luck SArah and I am sure that you will do great.  Take a deep breath and do your best.  No wait, that is what I say to my daughter when she is up to bat.  Ah heck, it applies here and pretty much every waking moment in life. 

Knock it out of the Park!

2012-05-30 5:57 PM
in reply to: #4234568

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
quincyf - 2012-05-29 10:01 PM

Well, not naked, but next best thing, a NEW KIT!!! 

Here is why I only got 22 and Oriolepwr got 45(ish)...took the tire off tonight and found the same weird diagonal cut on my tube...so apparently someone up in the North 'Burbs is missing their samurai sword and I ran right over it without realizing it. Weird.

Too bad about the tire.  Come to the South Side we have no knives or swords down here; we prefer gun fights.

2012-05-30 6:03 PM
in reply to: #4236152

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
mjh1975 - 2012-05-30 5:57 PM

Here is why I only got 22 and Oriolepwr got 45(ish)...took the tire off tonight and found the same weird diagonal cut on my tube...so apparently someone up in the North 'Burbs is missing their samurai sword and I ran right over it without realizing it. Weird.

Too bad about the tire.  Come to the South Side we have no knives or swords down here; we prefer gun fights.

Lol Dude! That's funny stuff right there!
2012-05-30 6:10 PM
in reply to: #4236151

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
mjh1975 - 2012-05-30 5:56 PM

Good luck SArah and I am sure that you will do great.  Take a deep breath and do your best.  No wait, that is what I say to my daughter when she is up to bat.  Ah heck, it applies here and pretty much every waking moment in life. 

Knock it out of the Park!

Norseman! I'm there! Alicia i was going to say the exact same thing! That no wetsuit may be the perfect thing for you right about now. And one more thing! Remember while you swim that you are a Viking! And more importantly a veteran of THE Mys- tour!!!!
2012-05-31 10:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

so to get caught up a bit...

Sarah,  I'm excited for you to be able to conquer the swim. We are all pullin for ya. 

Matt, How's the knee holding up? Does it just bother you on longer distances? Or are you gonna grin an bear it on the sprint?

Tom,  Sorry about the swim leg. Your determination is inspiring. Don't give up. It IS worth it.

Alicia, Glad to hear you are finding ways to keep training despite the PF. Have fun at aromatherapy or whatever it is.  

Q, nice kits. Too bad some ninja had to slice your tire. Sneaky bastards.

2012-05-31 11:55 AM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

"Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained." -John Powell

If John was right then I am truly blessed. Laughing The wife an I had a good laugh last night. I crashed my bike on the way to work yesterday. That in itself is not really that funny. Nor was waking up the children at 5:15am so they can come and pick me up. The road rash, the trashed cycling tights, and the destroyed derailer, all not funny. But somehow the culmination of events, and a healthy dose of goofiness, made it seem funny. I sat at the end of out bed applying new bandages and realized I can't run (healing foot), I can't bike (need new parts), and I can't swim (open wounds)  HA! Well, even all beat up I am still healthier now than I was before I started doing this! 

So as soon as I stop laughing, and scab up(<-- sorry, that is gross) then back into the pool I go. I have a month to get healthy and trained up. Whether i'm bleeding, limping, or just slow. I WILL cross that finish line.   

2012-05-31 3:57 PM
in reply to: #4237175

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Lesandtj - 2012-05-31 10:49 AM

so to get caught up a bit...

Sarah,  I'm excited for you to be able to conquer the swim. We are all pullin for ya. 

Matt, How's the knee holding up? Does it just bother you on longer distances? Or are you gonna grin an bear it on the sprint?

Tom,  Sorry about the swim leg. Your determination is inspiring. Don't give up. It IS worth it.

Alicia, Glad to hear you are finding ways to keep training despite the PF. Have fun at aromatherapy or whatever it is.  

Q, nice kits. Too bad some ninja had to slice your tire. Sneaky bastards.

Hi TJ,

The knee sucks is teh best polite term I can come up with.  THe up or down side is that I am really not that smart so I sm going ot gut it out and go like he*& at the Sprint next Sunday.  I know that I will pay for it Sunday night and the week after but what the heck its only a knee right.  On top of that, that is why Alieve and vodka were invented, right?

2012-05-31 4:07 PM
in reply to: #4237325

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Lesandtj - 2012-05-31 11:55 AM

"Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained." -John Powell

If John was right then I am truly blessed. Laughing The wife an I had a good laugh last night. I crashed my bike on the way to work yesterday. That in itself is not really that funny. Nor was waking up the children at 5:15am so they can come and pick me up. The road rash, the trashed cycling tights, and the destroyed derailer, all not funny. But somehow the culmination of events, and a healthy dose of goofiness, made it seem funny. I sat at the end of out bed applying new bandages and realized I can't run (healing foot), I can't bike (need new parts), and I can't swim (open wounds)  HA! Well, even all beat up I am still healthier now than I was before I started doing this! 

So as soon as I stop laughing, and scab up(<-- sorry, that is gross) then back into the pool I go. I have a month to get healthy and trained up. Whether i'm bleeding, limping, or just slow. I WILL cross that finish line.   

TJ Sometimes the way to feel really alive is to die a little. Heh i think you are doing great!
2012-05-31 4:21 PM
in reply to: #4237855

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
oriolepwr - 2012-05-31 4:07 PM

So as soon as I stop laughing, and scab up(

TJ Sometimes the way to feel really alive is to die a little. Heh i think you are doing great!

AMEN to that, brother!

2012-05-31 10:15 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis

Glad you can laugh at it.  Great attitude!

2012-06-01 6:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Lesandtj - 2012-05-31 12:55 PM

TJ,

I think "we" are entering the NEXT phase of triathlon training:

including the:

BUT WE ALL KEEP GOING, AND GOING, AND GOING......

Hope your healing goes fast!

2012-06-02 9:24 AM
in reply to: #4234568

User image

Expert
Hammond

Sorry your ride was cut short Q but the new kits are great. Red has always been one of my favorite colors.

Really nice!

Shelly

2012-06-02 9:29 AM
in reply to: #4234587

User image

Expert
Hammond

Make that 47 ish!!   You  missed the best part.  Cucumber gatorade.  also weird, (not samurai sword in the road weird,  but still weird) but also strangely awesome!   

DAAAVVEE,

No matter how hard I try I can't find cucumber gatorade. So now I'm jealous. (I actually haven't tried very hard -hehe- I keep meaning to look for it and I keep forgetting. ) My quest for this weekend is to find some- lol.

Shelly

2012-06-02 9:33 AM

User image

Expert
Hammond

Good luck Sarah. I can't wait to read your race report and hear how it all went. I'm predicting better than the last two and a podium finish ;-).

And suuurre I'll do the Norseman with you- right after I win Ironman Hawaii- LMAO.

I am pretty adventurous- I wish I had it in me to do Norseman- but um no- I think I'm going to have to sit this one out- hehe.

I mean I'd hate to throw all the other competitors off with this gorgeous naked body- lol.

Shelly

Edited by fitmomma2010 2012-06-02 9:35 AM
2012-06-02 9:51 AM

User image

Expert
Hammond

Now that's one positive attitude. I always find that laughing makes things much better. Even when the situation really isn't funny. So kuddos to you for finding a reason to laugh. Your post even made me chuckle. Hope you heal quickly cause I'd hate to have watch a scabbing, limping, or worse- bleeding grown man crawl across the finish line- hehe. Seriously, glad you are ok and hope you are back at it quickly.

Also hope the bike isn't too bad and can easily be fixed.

Shelly

2012-06-02 5:56 PM

User image

Another newbie question here:  with my first triathlon coming up next weekend, do people lock their bikes up in the transition area or not?  It sounds like things are pretty "guarded" so I wasn't sure. 
2012-06-02 6:06 PM
in reply to: #4235085

User image

Veteran
Lesandtj - 2012-05-30 10:24 AM

This sums up my second season so far. Laughing

OK...I know I've been MIA...but that is exactly how I feel and is freaking hilarious!!!  Thank you for posting!!

2012-06-02 6:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Lesandtj - 2012-05-31 12:55 PM

Like Like a thousand times like!!

2012-06-02 6:21 PM
in reply to: #4241088

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

trei - 2012-06-02 5:56 PM Another newbie question here:  with my first triathlon coming up next weekend, do people lock their bikes up in the transition area or not?  It sounds like things are pretty "guarded" so I wasn't sure. 

Don't need to lock the bike up,  they fence off the transition area, and will have people checking bike #'s against bib #. 

I cannot tell you that its 100% secure but I have never seen or heard of a bike being stolen out of transition but I suppose it must have happened somewhere.        Sometimes at huge tri's  they want you to put the bike in transition the day before and leave it there overnight.   This I'm not fond of.

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-06-02 6:22 PM
2012-06-02 6:31 PM
in reply to: #4240595

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
fitmomma2010 - 2012-06-02 9:29 AM

Make that 47 ish!!   You  missed the best part.  Cucumber gatorade.  also weird, (not samurai sword in the road weird,  but still weird) but also strangely awesome!   

DAAAVVEE,

No matter how hard I try I can't find cucumber gatorade. So now I'm jealous. (I actually haven't tried very hard -hehe- I keep meaning to look for it and I keep forgetting. ) My quest for this weekend is to find some- lol.

Shelly

SHELLLLLLLEEEEEE!

You MUST find some!     It's quickly becoming the holy grail of sports drink flavors.     This and the elusive Burrito supreme with hot sauce flavored GU        

I just looked for some at Walgreen's but no luck.    Riding a 100 miler tomorrow,  with Q and her DH  I hope this wind dies down.  Ugh

2012-06-02 6:36 PM
in reply to: #4240600

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
fitmomma2010 - 2012-06-02 10:33 AM

Good luck Sarah. I can't wait to read your race report and hear how it all went. I'm predicting better than the last two and a podium finish ;-).

And suuurre I'll do the Norseman with you- right after I win Ironman Hawaii- LMAO.

I am pretty adventurous- I wish I had it in me to do Norseman- but um no- I think I'm going to have to sit this one out- hehe.

I mean I'd hate to throw all the other competitors off with this gorgeous naked body- lol.

Shelly

My race report is up....and I had no panic on the swim!!! In fact, I felt so good on the swim I wanted it to go on longer. Of course, I was going extremely slow!! I got kicked in the face, swam over, and elbowed so many times, but I had no problem just swimming through them all. I just kept my rhythm of breathing to my left every other stroke, then every 3rd to 5th stroke I would do 1 side stroke and sight. It was such a relief. I did end up placing second in the female novice category, but the bike and the swim were pretty tough today - HILLS!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51