BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Rich Miller's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 46

2007-07-12 1:43 PM
in reply to: #801361

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Rich Miller's Group - FULL

Oh My...Andi, where did you find such a race?  What are you trying to tell us?  Too many "jiggly things" in a naked race...I don't think I could stomach it!   I have a visual in my head that is just not right!  Thanks Andi!!!

2007-07-12 1:46 PM

User image

Regular
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
hahah they I thought all triathletes were crazy! Well, I'm not going to sign up for the Buff Tri anytime soon. You'd have to get me HAMMERED to make me do that! Though I do think that it would be funny if someone made a wet-suit design like Michelangelo's David. Now THAT would be classy swimming in the water with that on! (My husband has a grilling apron like that and it's hilarious!)

Glad you all got a chuckle out of it. If I find anything else that I think you all may find interesting, I'll be sure to pass it on your way.
2007-07-12 4:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Back to Wildflower
Hey Andi...... I think if you trained for either the Olympic and/or the Long Wildflower tri, you would have plenty of time to prepare. Yes, your coach is right that it is a difficult course, but also a beautiful course and with enough prep, doable!

You are in one of the more beautiful parts of Central California. Last year we camped in a meadow. Woke up to deer grazing, turkeys pecking, and bunnies hopping around...... this was before the convergence of thousands of campers. On Thursday evening, I went for a run on the Olympic Course and came across a herd of 20 to 30 deer. I slowed down and quietly went around them so as not to disturb them. It was beautiful.......

I know that the Triathlon Lab had a training program for an athlete that they published in "Triathlete Magazine" specifically for Wildflower. I'll see if I can find an electronic copy of it!

Rich
2007-07-12 6:48 PM
in reply to: #883326

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

AAAACCCCKKKK!!! Get it out of my head!!!! I don't think I could handle that....the swim would probably be fine, the bike would be painful at best, and the run - umm - I just don't want to even think about it!  I'm self-conscious enough in my tri-suit and at least I have some support with that. That's swinging a little free for me!!!

2007-07-13 6:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
Now let's talk more immediate future... Training plans for the weekend? Races/events anyone?

I'm getting my bike back today (did I mention I unknowingly ran over glass Sunday and it chewed up my tire?) so I have to ride it right away. Squeezing in a quick hilly 10 mile loop before the Harry Potter premier w/ my niece tonight. (New, harder to wreck tires - can't wait to see how they feel.)

Sat: yard work at the Ridge property; then swimming with the kids, so I'll get some laps in, but probably not much of a "workout"
Sun: 70 mile American Cancer Society charity ride. It's in NJ so it's pretty flat. Haven't done big distances yet this year; so wish me luck!
2007-07-13 8:05 AM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Well, the plan for me is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate for the 25K this weekend.  I've only been running.  Next week, I'll get back on the bike and learn to swim properly.  I have about 10 weeks until my next scheduled tri.  It's on the same course I did in May, so I would really like to shave off some time.

Have a great time at Harry Potter...my kids are still too young, bummer!  Good Luck on your 70 mile ride with fresh hot wheels! 

2007-07-13 10:33 AM
in reply to: #884146

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

Plans for this weekend: Tonight - a much-needed date with the dh (movie and dessert/coffee). Tomorrow, a longish bike ride in the morning before it gets too hot and maybe a run in the evening to make up for the one that I missed earlier this week.  Sunday is a rest day!!

2007-07-13 12:12 PM
in reply to: #884225

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
yoblondie - 2007-07-13 8:05 AM

Well, the plan for me is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate for the 25K this weekend.  I've only been running.  Next week, I'll get back on the bike and learn to swim properly.  I have about 10 weeks until my next scheduled tri.  It's on the same course I did in May, so I would really like to shave off some time.

Good luck on the run! Can't wait to hear how you do....it's always nice to run the same course more than once.  Gives you more of an "apples to apples" comparison of how you're doing.  Let us know!

2007-07-13 12:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Hey Angela! Good Luck on your 25K! Looking forward to hearing your race report.

My plans this weekend! ........

Saturday: 2200 meter swim / 90 minute bike ride brick
Sunday: 80 minute tempo run + the New Harry Potter Movie!

Rich
2007-07-13 1:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
RICH -- Shouldn't you be resting up for next weekend's race?!? Or I'm I off and it's in August?
2007-07-13 2:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Should I be resting?
I'm in the first week of tappering. I go to 45 minute workouts on Monday and Tuesday with 15 minutes of each discipline and rest on Friday... 15 minutes each discipline on Saturday and race on Sunday (7/22).

Wooooooo Hoooo!

Rich

2007-07-15 12:43 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Hi Everyone!  I survived!!!  It was a great race.  I  actually ran the entire 25K!  I posted my race report for all to see.  I'm running on fumes right now.  Got to bed at 4:30am.  Woke up at 8am, drank some coffee, read the paper.  By 10am I was mowing the lawn while husband edged.  I think I'm "high" from the adventure!  Husbands taking the kids swimming so I can take a nap and then I have a reflexology and pedicure scheduled for this afternoon. (and I'm having a nice chilled glass of wine to go with it!

YIPPEE!!!  I love accomplishments!  

2007-07-15 11:18 PM
in reply to: #886404

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
CONGRATS! Angela!

That is an accomplishment and sounds like a fun race! You are brave to run in areas were it is not well lit! I'd trip and fall for sure!...... I can do that when it is day-light (like last Wednesday...nice road rash half way down my calf.)

Loved your report.......when I started racing, I didn't realize how important nutrition was....and you taking it to "a whole new level"! CONGRATULATIONS?!?!?!!? LOL!!!

That was also GREAT that you got to run with your friend TEXASMOM!

Raising a virtual glass of wine to you for a GREAT JOB!

Rich
2007-07-16 7:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
I hammered harder than I thought I could and we did the American Cancer Society 68 mile charity ride in 4 hours! My friend/coworker said there was a noticable difference in my abilities from last year. It was HOT and HUMID. We avoided several crashes (one pretty nasty - but not life-threatening). Spent some time in a couple of different pacelines. Very happy with how it went!

Kudos Angela on a great accomplishment! I will read your race report as soon as I get the chance. GOOD JOB!
2007-07-16 8:54 AM
in reply to: #886404

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Way to go, Angela!  That is quite a run! Nicely done and good job not getting caught in any of the hazards on the trails. That's going to make the run in your next race seem like a breeze.  Enjoy some pampering today and have an extra glass of wine for me....
2007-07-16 1:56 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Christine, excellent ride!  What an accomplishment that your friend noticed you riding faster and stronger!  Keep up the great workouts! 

Rich, I hope your having a good week and everything on the ole body is feeling well.  No more road rashes!

I went to the gym this morning for some much needed yoga, and my class was cancelled due to launching a new class.  I was bummed.  Because I was in my flip flops and yoga gear I decided to leave and go shopping.  Doens't that constitute working out?  I did have to walk the mall with 2 young children.  Anyways, I will try to make a yoga class tonight...maybe!  Have a good one!   

2007-07-16 6:34 PM

User image

Regular
yo blondie!! great job on the 25k!! I think its a great race not only beacuse of the distance but because of the fact that it's 5 loops in the middle of the night!!! That definately is a great test!! specially for your mind.

Hope everyone is doing well.

taxe care,

FR
2007-07-17 1:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Sorry Gang!
Hey everyone.....sorry I haven't been responsive or on line much last couple of days. I've been a little distracted doing final preps, final workouts, getting bike race ready, and making final travel plans.....oooohhhh yeah and balancing work and family.......go figure!

Here is my schedule for the rest of the week:

Tuesday Workout: 25 Minute Swim; 25 Minute Bike Ride; 25 Minute Run

Wednesday: 15 Minute Swim

Thursday: 15 Minute Swim; 15 Minute Bike Ride; 15 Minute Run
Sports Massage

Friday: Rest Day / Travel Day

Saturday: 15 Minute Swim; 15 Minute Bike Ride; 15 Minute Run

Sunday: Race Day ...... Wooooo Hoooo!

I'll be on-line through Thursday and then silent for 2.5 Days! I'll try to post on Monday Afternoon or Monday Night!

Rich

2007-07-17 8:25 AM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Rich...GOOD LUCK!!!  I know you're going to have a great race.  I'll be thinking of you on Sunday and chanting....GO Rich, GO Rich! 
2007-07-17 8:36 AM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Felipe, the race was awesome.  It all began because the race director(who's an ultramarathoner) wanted to celebrate his 30th birthday with a 30 mile run!  It's too hot in Tex to do it during the day so that's how the midnight run was born.  He found sponsors to help him organize the race and got city permits, etc.  It was such a success, they plan on organizing another 25k/50k for next year.  The 3.1 mile loop was great,  We mostly ran on trails through the woods.  It was quite dark in places and w/o headlamps, we would gotten lost!  We also ran next to the Trinity river which was flowing.  Hearing the rapids next to us was fabulous.  I had a great time!  People lined the course, drinking beer, and rooting for us at 2 AM!  Just crazy! 

Angela

2007-07-17 2:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
RICH -- WE WILL BE THINKING OF YOU AND ROOTING FOR YOU!!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST!

2007-07-18 6:18 AM

User image

Veteran
Miami
GUYS!!!
I haven't abandoned you I promise!! jus taking care of business. Im exhausted but its the last push....i haven't been able to exercise forthe last 4 days ..no timea and the rain doesn't help, plus my body is just literally hurting all over....so i am forcing myself to go ibiking ntomorrow relax..

AWESOME RACE ANGIE. super proud of you, that sounded like an amazing experience!!!
Cris hope all is well with the houses nieces hubby you!
kat--- i bet you ar still losing weight yey, awesome girls
Andi, you seem to b etraining bunches! awesome,.... hope all is good with kiddos and hubby
barb-- crazy nut you!!! yes i will register to do 70.3 with ya !
Felipe- miss ya tones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is Derek?????

RICH!! HAVE THE BESTEST MOST FUN TIME IN YOUR RACE, i WILL BE FOR SURE THINKING ABOUT YOU and sending all the great energy!!!
i got 1 more week. LOVE YOU ALL miss ya lll, miss my training, my body is holding up, despite all the trash i have to put in it!!! yuk!!! love ya

caru
2007-07-18 8:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

RICH - have a fantastic race!!!  We can't wait to hear how you kick everyone else's tail!!!Good luck, and I'll be thinking of you.....

Caru - thanks for asking - yes, I'm still losing weight, though I'm losing more in inches right now.  I had about three weeks in there where I didn't do much weight training at all and I lost some muscle, so I'm putting that back on. That's got my weight plateaued out this week, but I haven't gone up more than one pound.  On the bright side, I went jeans shopping yesterday and ended up in a pair two sizes smaller than my last pair!  That pretty much made my month.

EVERYONE - what's on tap for everyone for the rest of this week and the weekend? When are the next races for folks? I feel like I've lost track of who's doing what when and all that stuff - guess I've been a little hit and miss myself lately.

Love you guys!

2007-07-18 9:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
Kat -- Great news about the new jeans! Last time I weighed myself (Monday) I am down 7 lbs. I just keep making better choices. Keep focusing on nutrition, not just pigging out. Today in the office someone brought donuts. Not going near them. Monday someone brought TastyKakes (a personal favorite you may recall from a much earlier post); didn't touch them. If I want to have M&Ms on the weekend, I do. But it's okay because I've usually burned a lot of calories that day, so an extra 170 is not a big deal. It's the giving into temptation that I am avoiding. If I eat donuts, then I won't be eating the nutritious foods I brought with me. And those foods are the ones fueling my performance and helping me get fit -- not donuts! Donuts helped put me in the "Athena" category!!! ;-)

Training Plans:
Wed -- run 3.25 (AM); swim 980 yards (AM); bike 25 miles (PM)
Thurs -- Bike 30 miles
Fri -- swim for an hour

Sat & Sun working on renovations -- will try to fit some kind of training early morning both days.

Next Race: Steelman, August 12. 1/2 mile swim in the lake. 12.8 mile bike up and down hills. 3.1 mile run (mainly flat). Get to race with my brother. CAN'T WAIT!
2007-07-18 9:35 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Hey Kat and Christine!

GREAT JOB on making the right choices and it sounds like it is paying off! Keep it up!

Since January 2007, I've lost 3" off the chest, 2" off the hips and 2" off the upper leg simply by making good choices.

Rich
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Rich Miller's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 46