Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February part 2!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2010-02-22 11:45 AM
in reply to: #2676918

User image

Master
Utah
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February part 2!!!
Ooh! Did I tell you I got to talk to my hubby last night? He called--a whole 6 minute long phone call. It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. And he's textng me right now. Yay!

2010-02-22 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2686027

User image

Master
Utah
ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:43 AM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:37 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:18 AM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:14 PM

ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:01 AM

The Carolyn Jessop one. I was just ticked off the entire time I was reading it. It is all just a bunch of brain washing. And the amount of abuse that goes on is just appalling.

Her oldest daughter is now living on the YFZ ranch in Texas. Oprah went and interviewed her last year.  I was lucky enough to meet Carolyn when she first came to SLC with her kids, and then I saw her again about a year later. She amazes me. She was so normal both times. Her kids had an interesting drawl. But then again I guess we all have an accent, right? I own that book, simply because I wanted to help support her in some small way. There are people (like her oldest daughter) who claim she is lying in the book about what happened to the kids when they went to Colorado City for visits. She's not. It does make you want to go tear someone's eyes out, doesn't it? 

As I was getting near the end of the book I knew the daughter would go back and it upset me. I just don't understand how anyone could be so blind to the abuse, or think that that is how things are supposed to be. I was totally amazed that she was able to safely get away, with 8 kids, and make a life for herself.

After reading the book I was amazed that when the YFZ ranch in Texas was raided a few years ago none of the women, at least that I know of, took that opportunity to break away.

Only the most brain washed cream of the crop were taken to YFZ. That's probably why. In the daughter's interview with Oprah, there were a couple moments when she seemed, I don't know, afraid to say the wrong thing? 

So basically she lied to Oprah and all of her viewers because she was afraid to say the wrong thing. I'm just shaking my head.

She seemed pretty convinced and sure of most things. It was actually quite creepy. I wish I could remember the specific questions she was hesitant about. I'll have to check my DVR tonight when I'm on the trainer to see if I have it recorded. 
2010-02-22 11:53 AM
in reply to: #2686054

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:48 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:43 AM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:37 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:18 AM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:14 PM

ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:01 AM

The Carolyn Jessop one. I was just ticked off the entire time I was reading it. It is all just a bunch of brain washing. And the amount of abuse that goes on is just appalling.

Her oldest daughter is now living on the YFZ ranch in Texas. Oprah went and interviewed her last year.  I was lucky enough to meet Carolyn when she first came to SLC with her kids, and then I saw her again about a year later. She amazes me. She was so normal both times. Her kids had an interesting drawl. But then again I guess we all have an accent, right? I own that book, simply because I wanted to help support her in some small way. There are people (like her oldest daughter) who claim she is lying in the book about what happened to the kids when they went to Colorado City for visits. She's not. It does make you want to go tear someone's eyes out, doesn't it? 

As I was getting near the end of the book I knew the daughter would go back and it upset me. I just don't understand how anyone could be so blind to the abuse, or think that that is how things are supposed to be. I was totally amazed that she was able to safely get away, with 8 kids, and make a life for herself.

After reading the book I was amazed that when the YFZ ranch in Texas was raided a few years ago none of the women, at least that I know of, took that opportunity to break away.

Only the most brain washed cream of the crop were taken to YFZ. That's probably why. In the daughter's interview with Oprah, there were a couple moments when she seemed, I don't know, afraid to say the wrong thing? 

So basically she lied to Oprah and all of her viewers because she was afraid to say the wrong thing. I'm just shaking my head.

She seemed pretty convinced and sure of most things. It was actually quite creepy. I wish I could remember the specific questions she was hesitant about. I'll have to check my DVR tonight when I'm on the trainer to see if I have it recorded. 

I wonder if it's on youtube or anywhere online where I could watch.
2010-02-22 11:53 AM
in reply to: #2686036

User image

Champion
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:45 PM Ooh! Did I tell you I got to talk to my hubby last night? He called--a whole 6 minute long phone call. It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. And he's textng me right now. Yay!

WOOHOO!!!
2010-02-22 11:57 AM

User image

Champion
Before I forget

Happy Margarita Day!!!
2010-02-22 11:59 AM
in reply to: #2686081

User image

Master
Utah
ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 10:57 AMBefore I forget

Happy Margarita Day!!!
Whaaat? This is a most happy day, indeed! Never heard of Margarita Day before, but me likey!)

2010-02-22 12:00 PM

User image

Master
Utah
Happy Margarita Day TOPpage ^^^^
2010-02-22 12:38 PM
in reply to: #2684992

User image

MotoQueen
disturbed275 - 2010-02-21 7:33 PM Group workouts this afternoon were fun!

Run was a little over 4 miles worth of hill repeats.  I haven't run on anything even resembling a hill since last fall.

Main set of the swim was 4X500 with each set getting progressively faster.  We smoked the last one, clocking in at 7:45.  That's officially the fastest I have ever swam a 500.

So good day, but painful.  I am ready for bed

Awesome job on the swim time. 
2010-02-22 12:40 PM

User image

Champion
HEY EVERYONE.

just flying in/by....

got a great run in today.  im FINALLY feeling back in the groove with my running.  thankfully.

gonna be starting my 1/2 MARY training next week.  man.  to think that race is just right around the corner.  woosh.  im jsut glad my running came back together before i had to start trainng.  that would've been sucktastic if it hadnt.

the swim meet was yesturday.  WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!  seriously.  it was awful and wonderful all at the same time. 

awful in a IM GONNA HURL kinda of way.

i woke up in the morning, having decided that was NOT going to swim.  i was just overwhelmed by soooo much anxiety about the whole thing.

i lost a weeks worth of practicing my backstroke flip turns and starts off the block and i just didnt feel prepared to race.

and im ALL ABOUT being prepared going into a race.

i posted on FB about the meet and woke up to a BUNCH of messages of encouragement from my friends....THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

my one friend in particular HIS MESSAGE got me to the meet (he's work towards qualifying for Kona this year)

he said that he'd 'be there' for me when i started and finished - he was timing for the races....

there was something SO REASSURING about that.

then several of my runner friends said how they wouldnt have the guts to EVER do a swim meet and how impressed/proud/and inspired they were of me/by me.

i dunno.  it was soooo helpful.

so i SHOWED UP.  still feeling like i was gonna hurl.  but i showed up and finished well. two 1st place AG finishes and one 3rd place finish.

not bad for a triathlete.

my first event - 100 yd backstroke - i seated myself really slow - so that i could just get the squirrels out.  and i crushed the race.  even i was impressed with my time (starting to wonder if backstroke is my stroke....)

then Jamie, the head of our team, signed me up for 25 yd freestyle race.  i thought about not racing...is it just ALL OUT FAST....but i toed up and swam....again, totally surprised myself and how fast i swam.

thats one of those races, you just put your head down, dont even lift your head to breathe, and just swim....i smashed it.

then my event came up....its definately different to swim 200 yds in a swim meet, then to swim 200 yds in practice or for triathlon, for that matter.

200 yds is in odd distance cuz your still sprinting it to a certain degree, but you have conserve as well.  VERY technical that way.

i did well. and it was great first learning experience....

it was awfully nice to be in a place where you doing something different than what you typically do, day to day, even training wise....swim meets are definately different than tri training.

so im really happy for the experience.

and so so so glad i didnt chicken out.

its all good!
stacieb
2010-02-22 12:43 PM
in reply to: #2685716

User image

MotoQueen
givemashot - 2010-02-22 9:46 AM
ironannekidd - 2010-02-22 8:40 AM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 10:36 AM Good news gouhlies: I finally slept halfway decent last night. The bad news? It wasn't until after 3 AM that the good sleep finally came. Dang kids and the requirement that I send them to school every day...)

WOOHOO for sleep!

Let's look at the bright side here Amy, if you didn't send them to school every day they would be home ALL THE TIME!
SO true. And we have this weird year-round school thing here with the elementary school kids. They are in school for 9 weeks, then out for 3 weeks, in school for 9, out for 3... you get the picture. I have 2 more weeks until my son is home with me for 3 weeks. The middle schools use a traditional school calendar, so it's just the 2 of us when he's "off track". Then for most of my daughter's summer break, he's still in school. The weirdest part is that not all of the schools in the valley do this. Just the school district I live in.

That is crazy.  It can sure mess up a family's vacation planning.
2010-02-22 12:47 PM
in reply to: #2686191

User image

Master
Utah
skrtrnr - 2010-02-22 11:40 AM HEY EVERYONE.

just flying in/by....

got a great run in today.  im FINALLY feeling back in the groove with my running.  thankfully.

gonna be starting my 1/2 MARY training next week.  man.  to think that race is just right around the corner.  woosh.  im jsut glad my running came back together before i had to start trainng.  that would've been sucktastic if it hadnt.

the swim meet was yesturday.  WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!  seriously.  it was awful and wonderful all at the same time. 

i woke up in the morning, having decided that was NOT going to swim.  i was just overwhelmed by soooo much anxiety about the whole thing.

i lost a weeks worth of practicing my backstroke flip turns and starts off the block and i just didnt feel prepared to race.

i posted on FB about the meet and woke up to a BUNCH of messages of encouragement from my friends....THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

my one friend in particular HIS MESSAGE got me to the meet (he's work towards qualifying for Kona this year)

he said that he'd 'be there' for me when i started and finished - he was timing for the races....

then several of my runner friends said how they wouldnt have the guts to EVER do a swim meet and how impressed/proud/and inspired they were of me/by me.

so i SHOWED UP.  still feeling like i was gonna hurl.  but i showed up and finished well. two 1st place AG finishes and one 3rd place finish.

my first event - 100 yd backstroke - i seated myself really slow - so that i could just get the squirrels out.  and i crushed the race.  even i was impressed with my time (starting to wonder if backstroke is my stroke....)

then Jamie, the head of our team, signed me up for 25 yd freestyle race.  i thought about not racing...is it just ALL OUT FAST....but i toed up and swam....again, totally surprised myself and how fast i swam.

thats one of those races, you just put your head down, dont even lift your head to breathe, and just swim....i smashed it.

then my event came up....its definately different to swim 200 yds in a swim meet, then to swim 200 yds in practice or for triathlon, for that matter.

200 yds is in odd distance cuz your still sprinting it to a certain degree, but you have conserve as well.  VERY technical that way.

it was awfully nice to be in a place where you doing something different than what you typically do, day to day, even training wise....swim meets are definately different than tri training.

its all good!
stacieb

Yay Stacie!! Not bad for a triatlete, indeed! (Look out Meloony, she's coming to get you!)

2010-02-22 12:49 PM
in reply to: #2686199

User image

Master
Utah
kns57 - 2010-02-22 11:43 AM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 10:36 AM Good news gouhlies: I finally slept halfway decent last night. The bad news? It wasn't until after 3 AM that the good sleep finally came. Dang kids and the requirement that I send them to school every day...)

WOOHOO for sleep!

Let's look at the bright side here Amy, if you didn't send them to school every day they would be home ALL THE TIME!
SO true. And we have this weird year-round school thing here with the elementary school kids. They are in school for 9 weeks, then out for 3 weeks, in school for 9, out for 3... you get the picture. I have 2 more weeks until my son is home with me for 3 weeks. The middle schools use a traditional school calendar, so it's just the 2 of us when he's "off track". Then for most of my daughter's summer break, he's still in school. The weirdest part is that not all of the schools in the valley do this. Just the school district I live in.

Vacation? What is this word? That is one of many reasons we have only taken 2 family vacations. Total.
2010-02-22 12:49 PM
in reply to: #2685947

User image

MotoQueen
givemashot - 2010-02-22 11:15 AM Boy, I'm sounding a little agitated today aren't I? The party at Neal's must've taken its toll more than I thought. Maybe I just need a nap. Or another party at Neal's. Yep that's it. I need another Gouhlie get-together.

Sounds like you should have stayed longer at Neals.  It was supposed to last a week or two. 
2010-02-22 12:51 PM

User image

Champion
skrtrnr - 2010-02-22 1:40 PM HEY EVERYONE.

just flying in/by....

its all good!
stacieb

That's AWESOME STACIE!!!

YOU ARE A TOTAL ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2010-02-22 12:55 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-02-22 12:56 PM
in reply to: #2686210

MotoQueen
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:47 PM
skrtrnr - 2010-02-22 11:40 AM HEY EVERYONE.

just flying in/by....

its all good!
stacieb

Yay Stacie!! Not bad for a triatlete, indeed! (Look out Meloony, she's coming to get you!)

x2 on the awesome job swimming.

2010-02-22 12:58 PM
in reply to: #2686213

MotoQueen
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:49 PM

WOOHOO for sleep!

Vacation? What is this word? That is one of many reasons we have only taken 2 family vacations. Total.

Well, when our kids were young, our vacations were always to visit family.  I don't think we really started to vacation vacation until the oldest was out of the house and the youngest was in high school.  Now hubby and I make sure we have at least one fun vacation a year (if not two or more, LOL).  Life gets better as you get older, its just the body that can't keep up.
2010-02-22 1:00 PM

MotoQueen
Going to the gym tonight for a swim and workout.  So, back to cleaning out the guest room that becomes my junk room. 
2010-02-22 1:02 PM
in reply to: #2686247

Champion
kns57 - 2010-02-22 1:58 PM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 12:49 PM

WOOHOO for sleep!

Well, when our kids were young, our vacations were always to visit family.  I don't think we really started to vacation vacation until the oldest was out of the house and the youngest was in high school.  Now hubby and I make sure we have at least one fun vacation a year (if not two or more, LOL).  Life gets better as you get older, its just the body that can't keep up.

Then I'm SOL my body can barely keep up now.
2010-02-22 1:03 PM

Master
Utah
I'm signing off for a bit. 2 loads of laundry down, my mm called and she's picking up a few things at the store for me (one less trip I have to make, yay!), but I've still got lots to do around the house and otherwise. And it's a balmy 30* F here right now. Brrr. No cold beverage with lunch today! Later Gouhls!
2010-02-22 1:05 PM
in reply to: #2686258

Champion
givemashot - 2010-02-22 2:03 PM I'm signing off for a bit. 2 loads of laundry down, my mm called and she's picking up a few things at the store for me (one less trip I have to make, yay!), but I've still got lots to do around the house and otherwise. And it's a balmy 30* F here right now. Brrr. No cold beverage with lunch today! Later Gouhls!

See ya Amy

2010-02-22 3:14 PM
in reply to: #2686083

Champion
givemashot - 2010-02-22 11:59 AM

Happy Margarita Day!!!
Whaaat? This is a most happy day, indeed! Never heard of Margarita Day before, but me likey!)

WHAT???

MARGARITA DAY.

THAT IS F'CKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!

CHEERS GHOULIES!
stacieb
2010-02-22 3:37 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-02-22 6:17 PM

Champion
I HAVE GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

THE SHOW US YOUR GHOULIES INAUGURAL HALF MARATHON 2010 SHIRTS ARE HERE!!!!!

That's the good news.

The bad news is I only had a month to you know, get padded shipping envelopes and make labels, so they're not done yet.

I'll have them in the mail Saturday!!!

If you haven't sent me your address yet shoot me a PM.
2010-02-22 6:22 PM
in reply to: #2686641

Champion
skrtrnr - 2010-02-22 4:14 PM
givemashot - 2010-02-22 11:59 AM

Happy Margarita Day!!!

WHAT???

MARGARITA DAY.

THAT IS F'CKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!

CHEERS GHOULIES!
stacieb

http://www.foodchannel.com/stories/1213-national-margarita-day-february-22
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February part 2!!! Rss Feed  

of 41