Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2010-05-26 6:04 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
Erica, that is so great!!  Where is the job?  Am I allowed to participate in the celebration?!

And thanks to Courtney, I had to get my swim in!

2010-05-26 6:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
That's amazing, Erica!  Where are you moving to?  What is the new job?  And that definitely warrants celebrating!  There are only so many days of the year that you have a great reason to let it all out.  Make the most of it!  
2010-05-26 7:37 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Erica...congrats to you and Ryan on the job!!!  Hope you have a great night celebrating!!

Courtney...how was that run?  I hope your daughter has a better night tonigh.

We had a great night.  I left work a little early to stop by a few clients.  I got to my parents house to get the boys early so I grabbed them and rushed home.  We put our swimsuits on and hopped in our pool for the first swim of the season.  We had a ball.  My little guy is such a water rat.  I am in trouble with this one.  He has no fear.  He would go down to the second step on the ladder and then flop face first into the water.  If I stood there to catch him, he yelled no and walked back up to the deck.  He would roll over to his back, spluttering and laughing.  We ate a quick dinner and then I took Joe for a 2 mile run.  Man was it hot and humid!!  And now I am taping off our master bathroom to start painting it tonight or tomorrow night.
2010-05-27 7:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Erica-That is awesome!!!!  I bet you both feel great.  Hope you had fun celebrating last night.

Courtney-Great job getting your run in.  It is hard when you are tired and lacking motivation.  Way to go!!
2010-05-27 7:53 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Hey Debbie, did you start doing the P90x DVDs?  How are they going?
2010-05-27 9:50 AM

User image

Regular
Hey guys.. I know it sounds desperate... but I am...

Today is the last day to vote for me. The contest ends at noon.  If you are at all willing to help me out I am #80 in the 34 and under and it only takes a minute to vote. :D

http://www.971zht.com/pages/hotmama10/

Thanks for the motivation everyone. My run was good. 

Pete... I also got the P90x Dvd's and I think I am going to start them June 1st. I am excited/scared. 

2010-05-27 10:05 AM
in reply to: #2885668

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Congrats, Court!  You should be scared!  They're a lot of work, but I love them!  Tony Horton is hilarious...  for a while.  I figure you'll tire of him pretty quick!  :P

I voted.  It said Thanks for entering the contest.  I don't know what I've gotten myself into!  :P 
2010-05-27 10:15 AM
in reply to: #2885668

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Tri.me2010 - 2010-05-27 9:50 AM Hey guys.. I know it sounds desperate... but I am...

Today is the last day to vote for me. The contest ends at noon.  If you are at all willing to help me out I am #80 in the 34 and under and it only takes a minute to vote. :D

http://www.971zht.com/pages/hotmama10/

Thanks for the motivation everyone. My run was good. 

Pete... I also got the P90x Dvd's and I think I am going to start them June 1st. I am excited/scared. 

No need to be scared!  I have it but am not following one of the programs.  I can't do a program and fit in other workouts.  I plan on doing one of the 90 day plans after the marathon in November.  I do incorporate some of the lifting workouts into my week though. 
2010-05-27 10:28 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Thanks guys for all the support!!!  Ryan got a great design engineer position with Oshkosh Corporation in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, so it's not too far north, but we'll have to move about halfway in between Milwaukee and there.  We'll each end up having about a 45 minute commute each way every day, but it will be worth it!  I'll be a bit bummed to be leaving the city now that I'm finally used to it, and summer in Milwaukee is awesome, but I've always been a bit of a country girl, so living in the middle of nowhere will be familiar to me.  Plus, Nadie will like not having to walk on sidewalks everywhere.  It's just a HUGE RELIEF that we finally have some wiggle room in our finances.  My mom has been paying our phone bill and his mom has been paying his car payment, just so we only went a little in the red every month, so now we can be adults and finally take over all of our responsibilities!

To celebrate, we just went out to dinner and went shopping, and had a night walking around downtown.  We couldn't do much more since I'm leaving for the bachelorette weekend tonight and he's trying to sort through the offer papers and put in his two-week's notice at his current workplace.  We'll probably do something even more exciting next weekend when his mom is in town.

I'm pushing Ryan to sign up for the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon on June 26th and the Oshkosh Triathlon on August 8th now.  We'll probably wait to sign up for much though until he at least gets his first paycheck!  He starts June 14th!

OH, and we've already made a HUGE list of things we want now for triathlons!  Ryan went online last night and bought a bunch of Hammer gels because he was so excited we could afford them! haha.  It's amazing the little things in life we get so much joy out of.  I'm definitely going to never take them for granted after the last year!

Thanks again everybody! Have a good weekend!
2010-05-28 8:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope we all have big weekends planned!  Sunday starts my official training plan for my tri in July.  It starts with a rest day, which i'm not TOO thrilled with, but hey, I'll take it.  It just means I'm gonna have a big Friday/Saturday!  Bike or run tonight, Bike, Run and ore work or yoga tomorrow!  Gotta take advantage of my day off!

What does anyone else have planned?  Anyone racing this weekend?  I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet, so I assume no?

the real reason of this post:  We almost got relegated to the second page, and that is just unacceptable!  How will I ever find our thread if we're on page 2???  hahaha 
2010-05-28 8:23 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
This should not come as a surprise but we are heading back to the beach for the weekend!  We are not going down until tomorrow evening.  We have a 2nd birthday party to go to for a good friend's daughter.  John and I are going out for dinner and then to browse Barnes and Noble tonight.  I cannot wait to browse without switching kid duty!!  I WILL be taking my bike to the shop tomorrow.  I have a 4ish mile run planned for the morning tomorrow.  I should get out for a run both Sunday and Monday at the shore but don't have distance planned yet. 

2010-05-28 9:54 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Ladies...what shorts do you run in?  I have tried a few different pairs and they always seem to ride up way too high for me!
2010-05-28 10:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
I'll be taking it relatively easy this weekend, have a girls night planned for this evening, going to get our hair done, then out for martini's and appy's.  It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, so looking forward to it.  Saturday is bootcamp and then hopefully some rest time.  Sunday my husband is running a 10K and trying for a PB, so I'll be cheering him on and then the weather will determine the rest of the day.

I did a run last night, was going really well I thought, slower than normal, but the kinks worked out early and was comfortably trotting along, until KM 4, at that point my calf decided it was enough and gave up again, so feel like I took those 2 steps forward and now one step back. 
2010-05-28 10:57 AM
in reply to: #2888550

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2010-05-28 10:37 AM I'll be taking it relatively easy this weekend, have a girls night planned for this evening, going to get our hair done, then out for martini's and appy's.  It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, so looking forward to it.  Saturday is bootcamp and then hopefully some rest time.  Sunday my husband is running a 10K and trying for a PB, so I'll be cheering him on and then the weather will determine the rest of the day.

I did a run last night, was going really well I thought, slower than normal, but the kinks worked out early and was comfortably trotting along, until KM 4, at that point my calf decided it was enough and gave up again, so feel like I took those 2 steps forward and now one step back. 

Sorry the run was not what you hoped for!  Take it easy for a few days!  Have fun tonight and good luck to your husband!!
2010-05-28 11:38 AM
in reply to: #2888430

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
I'm not wearing shorts yet, the weather here has not been as good as it has been in the East, but when I do wear shorts, I like my sugoi shorts, because they have that rubber at the bottom of the legs that prevents them from riding up.
2010-05-28 3:12 PM

User image

Regular
I run in some pearl izumi running shorts. They have a band too, that stops them from riding. 

2010-05-28 5:17 PM

User image

Regular
Slow Slow day on here!  Have a good weekend everyone!  I am off to a rockin 2 year old birthday party!!  ( and tomorrow is girl's day with my sisters mani's-pedi's-lunch and a girly movie... LOVE IT!!!)
2010-05-30 2:27 PM

User image

Regular
How's everyone doing???
2010-05-30 4:38 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Wow, is this what happens to the message board when I'm gone for a weekend?  Wink  Haha.  It's dead on here!

Had a great time this weekend!  A lot of bonding time.  Friday and Saturday were some cheat days on my diet, and I didn't get my workout in Saturday since we were out so late Friday.  But I got one of the two in, and I'm happy with that because we walked so much this weekend.  Today, I got home and walked all around Milwaukee with Ryan since the kite festival is going on.  It's been a ton of fun!  Now, back to the diet though!

Oh, and best feeling in the world is one of my cousins saying, "Erica, you look great!"  Yay!

I don't really have special shorts I run in.  I actually haven't bought a new pair of workout shorts in YEARS, so I'm the last person to ask about that!

Hope you're all having a good Memorial Day weekend!
2010-05-31 7:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Hey all!  Had a wonderful weekend.  Took my daughter camping for the first time on Saturday and came home yesterday afternoon.  Hung out with some friends and enjoyed a quiet early evening.  Got up this morning and went for a run and am ready for my day off!!!!

Pete-I have not started the P90x yet, my friend is burning them and she hasn't gotten done with them.  I will start as soon as she is done with them  

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
2010-05-31 7:07 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Weekend is good here!  I got a run in yesterday morning followed by lots of walking.  I won't get a run in this morning down here but I definitely will when we get home.

2010-05-31 7:10 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Whew, is it wrong to say I am glad the weekend is over?  Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun but I ate way too much food and completely ignored my workouts.  I do have to go into work today, but not a full day.  I got in my morning run today so I am back on the wagon.  My wife is going out of town starting today until Thur, so I can focus on myself here for a few days and get back on track.  I am not going to let my lack of workouts/motivation lately go on any longer.  I can't let all the hard work I did early in the year go to waste. 

I'll be checking in on everyone later.

Happy Memorial Day (and don't forget our veterans)
2010-05-31 7:39 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Hey, everyone!  Sounds like most people had a pretty good, relaxing weekend!  Up here in Montreal, I had a really good weekend.  Went for a good 8k run on Friday night, and felt great.  Then did a +/- 50k bike ride on Saturday, managed to stay aero for most of a 20k TT around the race track.  Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of not resetting my computer before riding, so I don't have a good idea of my speed or anything like that, but it felt great!  I'll remember that for next time!

So yesterday technically my first day of my official training plan for my July 10 race.  It was a rest day.  I can get used to that  :P  I decided to go play minigolf with my roomie and his gf, and a bunch of her friends.  It was a good time.  Nice and relaxing.  Easy 45 minute swim and a good session of Insanity (a program from the creators of P90x) tonight.  I'm ready to dig deep for the next 6 weeks!

Enjoy your day off, everyone down in the States.  As we say up here in Quebec, profitez! 
2010-05-31 11:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
sounds like everyone had a great weekend.  I had a good but mentally exhausting weekend.  After a few weeks of looking at new vehicles, my husband and I traded in our trusty VW Diesel Jetta for a new VW Tiguan, which is a crossover SUV.  We spent more than half the day at the dealership, first working a deal, although my husband did most of the talking, when it came down to the money end of things, he said it was all me, I knew exactly how much I was willing to pay and after getting up to walk out a couple of times, they gave me what I wanted, plus 2 large golf umbrella's and an iPod Stereo alarm clock:p

It was a draining experience and because of that I chose to stay in bed when my husband had to get up early to go run a 10K trail/road race(he came in 8th overall).

Still have to update my log for saturday with bootcamp, but the rest of the weekend was a wash.  I'll get back on track this week, as I feel I've been slacking it lately, even though most of that is my calf injury, I feel sluggish and need to pump it up a bit.
2010-05-31 2:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Hey Tim,

How do you put in your weight data?  Do you have to be a bronze+ member to do that?  I'm trying to set up a goal, and I can't figure it out...  Thanks. 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103