BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-01-22 8:42 PM
in reply to: #1170735

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS
Julie,  Good job on the effort.  You did a super job... EK

2008-01-23 7:39 AM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ok, watch out... I'M BAAAACKKKK!!!! Gee this is the first day I have felt good in 4 days...
Thanks to everyone that well wished me

Eric - I have an idea for you, so you don't over-heat, come run outside with me....ha You would be surprized at your heart rate and temp then, it works! ha
You know on the the kids not telling, I would always tell if the price was right...ha

Julie - you are awesome! Way to hang in there on the run, cross country is soooo much harder than road, really!!! So way to go! And you really kicked butt on the bike this weekend, how are your legs holding up today?

Dee - I do believe your glitter and concern made me better... Thanks so much, and don't work so hard, like you have a choice, right.

Emerson - I will be hitting the road today for 2-3 and I'm back in the saddle... I'm so wanting that breakthrough! But I know patience is a virtue

I just can't believe how good I'm feeling today, I think the bug has moved out of town....yeah!!!!!!!!!!

You know that now I'm going to be checking on everyone again and now it's personal, let's all hit our goals for this year, now is when it really counts, let's be prepared for race days!!!!!

GOOD WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!!!!

Amy (is well) in INdiana
2008-01-23 12:14 PM
in reply to: #1171283

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2008-01-23 5:39 AM Ok, watch out... I'M BAAAACKKKK!!!! Gee this is the first day I have felt good in 4 days... Thanks to everyone that well wished me Eric - I have an idea for you, so you don't over-heat, come run outside with me....ha You would be surprized at your heart rate and temp then, it works! ha You know on the the kids not telling, I would always tell if the price was right...ha Julie - you are awesome! Way to hang in there on the run, cross country is soooo much harder than road, really!!! So way to go! And you really kicked butt on the bike this weekend, how are your legs holding up today? Dee - I do believe your glitter and concern made me better... Thanks so much, and don't work so hard, like you have a choice, right. Emerson - I will be hitting the road today for 2-3 and I'm back in the saddle... I'm so wanting that breakthrough! But I know patience is a virtue I just can't believe how good I'm feeling today, I think the bug has moved out of town....yeah!!!!!!!!!! You know that now I'm going to be checking on everyone again and now it's personal, let's all hit our goals for this year, now is when it really counts, let's be prepared for race days!!!!! GOOD WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!!!! Amy (is well) in INdiana

Glad to see that you are feeling better...watch out BT our BIGGEST and BEST cheerleader is back! woohoo

as for my legs after this past weekend....WHAT LEGS! hehe

I have posted a few of the pictures from my race this weekend...hope you will check them out! have a great day....

I am actually meeting a few BTers for dinner tonight....they are in from out of town! should be fun!

Once again...glad you are back.....have a SUPER day Girl!

2008-01-23 12:17 PM
in reply to: #1170903

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

etknowles - 2008-01-22 6:42 PM Julie,  Good job on the effort.  You did a super job... EK

Thanks Emerson...you will be one of the next I meet in person! I have you penciled in for the Carmel Marathon...

Hope your day is good...do not watch the market! too stressful! go and run or swim instead! ;o) What am I thinking...I do not need to tell you to run....you run like a wild man already! hehe

Have a great HUMP DAY!!!!! for a short week is this the longest week ever!?! ;o0

2008-01-23 12:18 PM
in reply to: #1170465

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

abud7373 - 2008-01-22 2:40 PM Great job, Julie. I am glad you are back. Now get on that computer and sign up for the Spring Sprint!!

I have my daughter signing up thru Active...woo hoo....let the games begin! )

2008-01-23 7:30 PM
in reply to: #1171971

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Hi guys! And yet another drive-by posting. I'm starting to make this a habit. (Unfortunately.) Work is still crazy. It's interfering with my training AND my BT time. (Yet despite that, I seem to have been "volunteered" to organize the February Challenge. Ahhhh!)

So here's a little glitter, before I get back to work:

2008-01-23 9:56 PM
in reply to: #1172920

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Dee, you are to funny. 

Work was rather intense today. Even if I thrive on it, my 7:30 AM run ended up at 3:30 PM.  Work went from 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM with a 30 minute break for a run.  I through away my sandwich on the way to taking my wife and 87 year old mom to dinner.  The market made a good turn around but it kept me in my seat all day.  The running is a good to get me though the days.  Even after 29 years at this I never get used to the thrashing of a market looking for a bottom.

Good to see everyone in good spirits.  Tomorrow is a true rest day i.e. nothing.  And I will end the week with a 22 mile run on Friday before I fly to Ohio on Saturday.  I had a choice, run 22 in AZ or OH.  That was an easy choice.  I will do my tempo and cruise intervals next week on a treadmill rather than in the 20 degree slop of Ohio.

Only three weeks to the Lost Dutchman Marathon.  I feel good about the training but my swimming for the January Challenge has been a train wreck.   The cycling hit the wall as well.  I look forward to when the markets settle down...

Thanks for all the support guys, you make my day -- every day!

Edited by etknowles 2008-01-23 9:58 PM
2008-01-24 9:40 AM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Well--another non-workout day yesterday.  That's two this week--very disappointing.  I had planned to spin at lunch and then go home to bed for a few hrs before taking my group of paroles/children to the Bobcats game.  Had some work issues come up and had to deal with them so no spin. Then I decided it was bed time.  Two hr nap does wonders.

Update on the Direct TV card story---we spent the whole 45 ride to the basketball game grilling/threatening/cajoling the children for some honesty.  Decided we had to hard ball then, so they got no snacks at the game until the truth came out. Amazingly, none of them tried to falsely confess just to get to have some goodies. My oldest finally admitted that she had taken the card and then forgotten where she put it. My wife actually found it in the youngest's room yesterday but the kids didn't know that.  Have to admit that we tortured them till someone fessed up.  Karen had ice cream and I had a great nathan's hotdog while the kids scowled at us. By the end of the 3rd quarter, it finally got to them and we got the truth.  Turns out that they cut it close. I went and got their snacks and they pulled the gate closed on the concession stand right after I got done paying.

Off to masters swim. I've got 5600 yds to knock out for the Jan challenge by the end of next Thurs.

2008-01-24 2:38 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Ok kids, I'm throwing down the gauntlet...how about a 2175 swim/6.2 mile run brick for today?  That's how I make up for two days off this week.  Check out the Melvin Stewart sets in my blog.  Talk about some serious lung-busting fun!  Not really, but I'm supposed to sound enthusiastic as mentor, right?

Hope you're all having a great day. I'm finally eating lunch and getting ready to climb aboard my trust steed for the night.  Have fun without me!  Talk to you tomorrow.

2008-01-24 3:25 PM
in reply to: #1174527

User image

Veteran
Auburn, Wa
I'm back from non computer access land!!! These last few days have been a tad hectic. Saturday I taught a Community Emergency Response TEam class. As I was getting into my car to head home Saturday night I got a call from by old roommate's wife. Freddie and I have known each other since 90. He was in a car accident. He rear-ended a semi on a snow covered road and then a large pick up smashed into the back of his car and drove him deeper under the back of the semi. He was airlifted to the trauma center, bilateral chest tubes,intubated, possible head injury, broken right femur, left tib/fx. It wasn't looking good. So I hauled butt to the hospital to help Cindy and the kids(they got 4 under 10).
Since Saturday night I've been translating medical speak for his family and basically just being there and doing whatever I could. Tuesday they pulled the chest tubes and he came off the vent yesterday. He's got a couple of surgeries ahead of him but he lloks to out of the woods, barring any complications. His short term memory of the accident is fuzzy but it's better than it was on Tuesday.
The kids did amazingly well and Cindy(God bless her) always had strength in front of him. I've gotten a new perspective being on the other side of things. I'm not liking the inpatient side of things. We as medical providers suck at explaining things to family members so they can understand them.
Anyway, things are returning to some sense of normal day to day living. I go back to work tonight and will see everyone again this weekend.
I'll catch up with you all in the next few days. Someday I'll actually have some consistency to these workouts. Enjoy the Thursday!!!! CHris
2008-01-24 4:52 PM
in reply to: #1173152

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-01-23 7:56 PM Dee, you are to funny. 

Work was rather intense today. Even if I thrive on it, my 7:30 AM run ended up at 3:30 PM.  Work went from 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM with a 30 minute break for a run.  I through away my sandwich on the way to taking my wife and 87 year old mom to dinner.  The market made a good turn around but it kept me in my seat all day.  The running is a good to get me though the days.  Even after 29 years at this I never get used to the thrashing of a market looking for a bottom.

Good to see everyone in good spirits.  Tomorrow is a true rest day i.e. nothing.  And I will end the week with a 22 mile run on Friday before I fly to Ohio on Saturday.  I had a choice, run 22 in AZ or OH.  That was an easy choice.  I will do my tempo and cruise intervals next week on a treadmill rather than in the 20 degree slop of Ohio.

Only three weeks to the Lost Dutchman Marathon.  I feel good about the training but my swimming for the January Challenge has been a train wreck.   The cycling hit the wall as well.  I look forward to when the markets settle down...

Thanks for all the support guys, you make my day -- every day!

22 miles?????????????? what da ???????????? I can't even imagine...I think I will just call you marathon man now! hehe

I know you are going crazy with the market these days...hang in there!

Get your team members to swim extra...I am doing that for a few of my team members in my Jan Challenge group.

Don't stress...we need to all slow down and smell the roses...I too am very guilty of taking on too much and then feeling like I failed...realize we do not see you as a failure and either will your challenge team...you are one of my biggest inspirations...and have been since the day we first met on BT and you told me your story! PLUS my respect for you has only grown since then. Keep up what you are doing and do not worry about a silly challenge...we are all doing the challenges so that we can receive motivation when needed...and I am sure you have been a huge motivation to your team!

I can not wait to hear all about this Dutchman Marathon...Keep on being Emerson...and no worries about us...I hope you will take one of my favorite mottos and make it a part of your every day life...and that is "Don't sweat the little things". I can honestly say that I must remind myself 50+ times a day...but it does work!

Have a good trip to Ohio!

2008-01-24 5:06 PM
in reply to: #1174654

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

erlifeguard - 2008-01-24 1:25 PM I'm back from non computer access land!!! These last few days have been a tad hectic. Saturday I taught a Community Emergency Response TEam class. As I was getting into my car to head home Saturday night I got a call from by old roommate's wife. Freddie and I have known each other since 90. He was in a car accident. He rear-ended a semi on a snow covered road and then a large pick up smashed into the back of his car and drove him deeper under the back of the semi. He was airlifted to the trauma center, bilateral chest tubes,intubated, possible head injury, broken right femur, left tib/fx. It wasn't looking good. So I hauled butt to the hospital to help Cindy and the kids(they got 4 under 10). Since Saturday night I've been translating medical speak for his family and basically just being there and doing whatever I could. Tuesday they pulled the chest tubes and he came off the vent yesterday. He's got a couple of surgeries ahead of him but he lloks to out of the woods, barring any complications. His short term memory of the accident is fuzzy but it's better than it was on Tuesday. The kids did amazingly well and Cindy(God bless her) always had strength in front of him. I've gotten a new perspective being on the other side of things. I'm not liking the inpatient side of things. We as medical providers suck at explaining things to family members so they can understand them. Anyway, things are returning to some sense of normal day to day living. I go back to work tonight and will see everyone again this weekend. I'll catch up with you all in the next few days. Someday I'll actually have some consistency to these workouts. Enjoy the Thursday!!!! CHris

Sorry you had to go thru that Chris...but sounds really big of you to run to the rescue (pardon the pun). You are a good friend and I am sure the family is very appreciative. Good to see that you are sensitive about the family/patient side of receiving information from medical staff...this will make you a more passionate and compassionate medic and doctor if that is where you are heading. Glad to hear he is out of the woods too and is on the road to recovery. Nothing more scary then seeing a loved one or friend in a predicament that we can not control.

Remember that you run a maraton daily at work...just get those work outs when you can, because these hopefully will take away some of those stressful moments you live everyday being a medic. Do not work to hard and have a great evening....

2008-01-24 10:55 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Hey everyone...hope you are all having a good day. I feel like I have not been around much since I have spent much of my time on the January Challenge thread...I can be off until February since I am now 15+miles over my goal...so, I am baaaaaaaaack! Hope everyone is doing good! and is getting in a good workout. I ran my furthest today! WOO HOO! over an hour and a half of non stop running....I only ran 12 min miles, but I will work on sprints for speed, later, right now I am focused on endurance....I hope I am doing the right thing...I am thinking of joining a local tri club, but not sure if I can completely commit at this point and do not want to jump only half way in! so to speak...suggestions? Hope everyone is doing great and are reaching for those short term and long term goals...noone is going to do it for you! so get out there and run, swim, bike, spin, core train, do crunches, pullups, push ups....as nike says...Just Do It. Have a great evening!

BTW signed up for my first tri today! time to go swim, swim and then swim some more!

Nite all have a good evening!

2008-01-25 7:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chris - it is always wonderful to have someone on the inside to explain things, even if it's bad people want to know the truth... So it show character to take a stand to help a friend in need!

Julie - signed up for first tri....wow I'm excited for you... We are very glad your back, missed you bunches.

Emerson - I have run envy... You are my inspiration... Have a great weekend!

Dee - so what's the low-down? Is work always like this or do you get some down time? We worry bout you.

Well I hope all have a great weekend and I will be checking in on your logs... Let's get in as much as we can, January is almost gone and that makes us one month closer to our races!!!

Amy IN
2008-01-25 1:28 PM
in reply to: #1174654

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

erlifeguard - 2008-01-24 3:25 PM I'm back from non computer access land!!! These last few days have been a tad hectic. Saturday I taught a Community Emergency Response TEam class. As I was getting into my car to head home Saturday night I got a call from by old roommate's wife. Freddie and I have known each other since 90. He was in a car accident. He rear-ended a semi on a snow covered road and then a large pick up smashed into the back of his car and drove him deeper under the back of the semi. He was airlifted to the trauma center, bilateral chest tubes,intubated, possible head injury, broken right femur, left tib/fx. It wasn't looking good. So I hauled butt to the hospital to help Cindy and the kids(they got 4 under 10). Since Saturday night I've been translating medical speak for his family and basically just being there and doing whatever I could. Tuesday they pulled the chest tubes and he came off the vent yesterday. He's got a couple of surgeries ahead of him but he lloks to out of the woods, barring any complications. His short term memory of the accident is fuzzy but it's better than it was on Tuesday. The kids did amazingly well and Cindy(God bless her) always had strength in front of him. I've gotten a new perspective being on the other side of things. I'm not liking the inpatient side of things. We as medical providers suck at explaining things to family members so they can understand them. Anyway, things are returning to some sense of normal day to day living. I go back to work tonight and will see everyone again this weekend. I'll catch up with you all in the next few days. Someday I'll actually have some consistency to these workouts. Enjoy the Thursday!!!! CHris

Chris--I learned this same lesson the hard way when I was diagnosed with Hodkins.  Four months of testing while no one knew what was wrong with me, followed by a 3-day admission including a chest tube, and finally 8mos of chemo.  I definitely have a whole different perspective on healthcare and how I practice it after being a patient.

2008-01-25 1:31 PM
in reply to: #1175238

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-24 10:55 PM

Hey everyone...hope you are all having a good day. I feel like I have not been around much since I have spent much of my time on the January Challenge thread...I can be off until February since I am now 15+miles over my goal...so, I am baaaaaaaaack! Hope everyone is doing good! and is getting in a good workout. I ran my furthest today! WOO HOO! over an hour and a half of non stop running....I only ran 12 min miles, but I will work on sprints for speed, later, right now I am focused on endurance....I hope I am doing the right thing...I am thinking of joining a local tri club, but not sure if I can completely commit at this point and do not want to jump only half way in! so to speak...suggestions? Hope everyone is doing great and are reaching for those short term and long term goals...noone is going to do it for you! so get out there and run, swim, bike, spin, core train, do crunches, pullups, push ups....as nike says...Just Do It. Have a great evening!

BTW signed up for my first tri today! time to go swim, swim and then swim some more!

Nite all have a good evening!

Wow--Julie just said her challenge friends are much cooler than her mentor group. Her mentor group that will be here for her the whole year and not just 31 days--the mentor group that will pick her up when her spirits are done and celebrate with her with they are high--the group......Ok, enough guilt. We're just glad you're sharing some of your time with us

2008-01-25 7:25 PM
in reply to: #1175398

User image

Champion
Taser-World
OK, I'm behind with the conversation, but here's what I saw (so far):

Chris - Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure his family really appreciates your support and your ability to help them understand and deal with the situation.

Julie - Congratulations on signing up for a tri!

Amy - Work isn't usually like this. BUT my coworker resigned, and gave all of 2 hours notice. So I've been asked to "step up" and handle much of her work, plus my own. We won't be able to hire a replacement until this summer at the earliest -- and I was told today that there's a hiring freeze. I keep hoping that things slow down, but it hasn't happened so far.

Eric - Awesome "make-up" workout planned! Are you doing the Krispy Kreme Challenge? LOL

The Krispy Kreme Challenge - Run 2 miles. Eat 1 dozen donuts. Run 2 miles. All in less than 1 hour. (Try not to puke.)
http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/index.php?page_id=3

From the web page:
Here are some facts about the Challenge that every challenger needs to be aware of:

Doughnuts: 12 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

* 2400 calories
* 1200 fat calories
* 144g of fat
* 36g of saturated fat
* 60mg of Cholesterol
* 1140mg of sodium
* 120g of sugar
* 24g of protein

No, I won't be doing this Krispy Kreme run. I'll be working this weekend. (Although, I'll also get at least one swim in, and hopefully two.) Besides, I'm not sure I want to be NEAR Raleigh this weekend. Too many runners trying to keep down their donuts....

2008-01-25 7:27 PM
in reply to: #1176215

User image

Champion
Taser-World
medic0020 - 2008-01-25 2:31 PM

Wow--Julie just said her challenge friends are much cooler than her mentor group. Her mentor group that will be here for her the whole year and not just 31 days--the mentor group that will pick her up when her spirits are done and celebrate with her with they are high--the group......Ok, enough guilt. We're just glad you're sharing some of your time with us

Um, her challenge group is made up of some hard-core BT addicts. I think they'll be around for the whole year. LOL

(And yes, I purposely put her on that team. I just felt like she'd get along well with that group. )

2008-01-25 9:25 PM
in reply to: #1176737

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Had my best long training run ever today.  I put it in the log.  I have to pack for Ohio.  I leave for the airport at 5:00 AM tomorrow morning.  If I have any energy left when I am done packing, I will get back on.

Thanks for all the encouragement. 

Edited by etknowles 2008-01-25 11:01 PM
2008-01-26 10:15 AM
in reply to: #1176206

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
medic0020 - 2008-01-25 11:28 AM

erlifeguard - 2008-01-24 3:25 PM I'm back from non computer access land!!! These last few days have been a tad hectic. Saturday I taught a Community Emergency Response TEam class. As I was getting into my car to head home Saturday night I got a call from by old roommate's wife. Freddie and I have known each other since 90. He was in a car accident. He rear-ended a semi on a snow covered road and then a large pick up smashed into the back of his car and drove him deeper under the back of the semi. He was airlifted to the trauma center, bilateral chest tubes,intubated, possible head injury, broken right femur, left tib/fx. It wasn't looking good. So I hauled butt to the hospital to help Cindy and the kids(they got 4 under 10). Since Saturday night I've been translating medical speak for his family and basically just being there and doing whatever I could. Tuesday they pulled the chest tubes and he came off the vent yesterday. He's got a couple of surgeries ahead of him but he lloks to out of the woods, barring any complications. His short term memory of the accident is fuzzy but it's better than it was on Tuesday. The kids did amazingly well and Cindy(God bless her) always had strength in front of him. I've gotten a new perspective being on the other side of things. I'm not liking the inpatient side of things. We as medical providers suck at explaining things to family members so they can understand them. Anyway, things are returning to some sense of normal day to day living. I go back to work tonight and will see everyone again this weekend. I'll catch up with you all in the next few days. Someday I'll actually have some consistency to these workouts. Enjoy the Thursday!!!! CHris

Chris--I learned this same lesson the hard way when I was diagnosed with Hodkins.  Four months of testing while no one knew what was wrong with me, followed by a 3-day admission including a chest tube, and finally 8mos of chemo.  I definitely have a whole different perspective on healthcare and how I practice it after being a patient.

Wow Eric, I didn't know you had hodgkins...my husbands little brother was also diagnosed with that! How long ago was that? amazing how many of us cancer survivors are out there! Glad to see that you wooped up on it! I am also glad to see that you too both know the importance of bedside manor....I changed many a doctor because of the lack of bedside manor. You and Chris will go far if you just remember to apply it when you are out in the field...People notice! Hope you are having a good weekend! I am about to go either swim or run in the rain....time to buy a trainer.....the weather sux and I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike! (a little queen for you - hehe)

2008-01-26 10:19 AM
in reply to: #1176736

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

D001 - 2008-01-25 5:25 PM OK, I'm behind with the conversation, but here's what I saw (so far): Chris - Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure his family really appreciates your support and your ability to help them understand and deal with the situation. Julie - Congratulations on signing up for a tri! Amy - Work isn't usually like this. BUT my coworker resigned, and gave all of 2 hours notice. So I've been asked to "step up" and handle much of her work, plus my own. We won't be able to hire a replacement until this summer at the earliest -- and I was told today that there's a hiring freeze. I keep hoping that things slow down, but it hasn't happened so far. Eric - Awesome "make-up" workout planned! Are you doing the Krispy Kreme Challenge? LOL The Krispy Kreme Challenge - Run 2 miles. Eat 1 dozen donuts. Run 2 miles. All in less than 1 hour. (Try not to puke.) http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/index.php?page_id=3From the web page: Here are some facts about the Challenge that every challenger needs to be aware of: Doughnuts: 12 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts * 2400 calories * 1200 fat calories * 144g of fat * 36g of saturated fat * 60mg of Cholesterol * 1140mg of sodium * 120g of sugar * 24g of protein No, I won't be doing this Krispy Kreme run. I'll be working this weekend. (Although, I'll also get at least one swim in, and hopefully two.) Besides, I'm not sure I want to be NEAR Raleigh this weekend. Too many runners trying to keep down their donuts....

that is hilarious....my husband wants to take part...but it is a little far! hey Eric and Chris, they need a medic....! Now I would do that for a Shipley Doughnut...but not real fond of Crispy Kremes...which is a good thing! doughnuts seem to go right to my buttox area...hehe   TMI!!!!!

2008-01-26 10:22 AM
in reply to: #1176737

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
D001 - 2008-01-25 5:27 PM
medic0020 - 2008-01-25 2:31 PM Wow--Julie just said her challenge friends are much cooler than her mentor group. Her mentor group that will be here for her the whole year and not just 31 days--the mentor group that will pick her up when her spirits are done and celebrate with her with they are high--the group......Ok, enough guilt. We're just glad you're sharing some of your time with us

Um, her challenge group is made up of some hard-core BT addicts. I think they'll be around for the whole year. LOL (And yes, I purposely put her on that team. I just felt like she'd get along well with that group. )

wow what was I smoking when I said that....noone would ever measure up to my mentor team! YOU GUYS ROCK! I just got caught in the moment! hehe!

2008-01-26 10:26 AM
in reply to: #1176852

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-01-25 7:25 PM

Had my best long training run ever today.  I put it in the log.  I have to pack for Ohio.  I leave for the airport at 5:00 AM tomorrow morning.  If I have any energy left when I am done packing, I will get back on.

Thanks for all the encouragement. 

Well my guess is that you did not have the energy...hehe.....I do not blame you! I am still a little achy from my almost ten mile run. I would be in a body suit if I would have run the distance you ran yesterday! ) have a good trip to Ohio! thanks for the help with my running technique and recovery. I am definitely going to get a good protein drink for my next long run! Have a good weekend Emerson! Thanks for being Emerson...and remember the market will rebound.......just take some time! hopefully short time!

2008-01-26 11:37 AM
in reply to: #1176736

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

D001 - 2008-01-25 7:25 PM OK, I'm behind with the conversation, but here's what I saw (so far): Chris - Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure his family really appreciates your support and your ability to help them understand and deal with the situation. Julie - Congratulations on signing up for a tri! Amy - Work isn't usually like this. BUT my coworker resigned, and gave all of 2 hours notice. So I've been asked to "step up" and handle much of her work, plus my own. We won't be able to hire a replacement until this summer at the earliest -- and I was told today that there's a hiring freeze. I keep hoping that things slow down, but it hasn't happened so far. Eric - Awesome "make-up" workout planned! Are you doing the Krispy Kreme Challenge? LOL The Krispy Kreme Challenge - Run 2 miles. Eat 1 dozen donuts. Run 2 miles. All in less than 1 hour. (Try not to puke.) http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/index.php?page_id=3From the web page: Here are some facts about the Challenge that every challenger needs to be aware of: Doughnuts: 12 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts * 2400 calories * 1200 fat calories * 144g of fat * 36g of saturated fat * 60mg of Cholesterol * 1140mg of sodium * 120g of sugar * 24g of protein No, I won't be doing this Krispy Kreme run. I'll be working this weekend. (Although, I'll also get at least one swim in, and hopefully two.) Besides, I'm not sure I want to be NEAR Raleigh this weekend. Too many runners trying to keep down their donuts....

It sounds like fun but sadly the nutrition information is enough to dissuade me.  This healthy living crap really cuts into my good eating

2008-01-26 11:39 AM
in reply to: #1177146

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Wow Eric, I didn't know you had hodgkins...my husbands little brother was also diagnosed with that! How long ago was that? amazing how many of us cancer survivors are out there! Glad to see that you wooped up on it! I am also glad to see that you too both know the importance of bedside manor....I changed many a doctor because of the lack of bedside manor. You and Chris will go far if you just remember to apply it when you are out in the field...People notice! Hope you are having a good weekend! I am about to go either swim or run in the rain....time to buy a trainer.....the weather sux and I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike! (a little queen for you - hehe)

I was diagnosed Sept 22nd, 2004, started chemo Oct 13th, and finished chemo on May 19th, 2005.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73