BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-01-27 8:09 PM
in reply to: #1178730

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS
D001 - 2008-01-27 4:55 PM

Julie -

OUCH! 

Now I understand why you were singing George of the Jungle! 

When I saw it...I figured that must be you BEAMING that tree practicing for tomorrow...because in reality the tree is your boss. or whomever put the freeze on hiring at your company! hehe )

2008-01-28 11:26 AM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Amy...WHAT??? you lost your mojo!?

where is my biggest???

I want you to know that I found your mojo....actually he did:

AMY here is your MOJO....and in drink form....

time to run....run run...

and if the MOJO drink did not help....I have one more trick to pull out of my sleeve...

well? energized!?

2008-01-28 12:42 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Wow---and I thought I spent way too much time surfing the internet!    Happy Monday everybody. I've been trying to minimize my online time on the weekends and make better use of my time with the family.  Now it's Monday and somebody else is financing my surfing. 

Got in a strong 2750 swim this morning. I'm now only about 600 yds short of MY January Swim challenge goal.  I'm missing both masters classes this week (tues--computrainer races and thu-circus with Hannah, my 8 y/o) so I'm swimming on Mon/Wed to make them up.  Broke out a masters workout from 2 weeks ago.  Did the main sets of the workout twice.  That felt pretty impressive to me anway

Still need to get in a 45min run today and then back to overtime. Working M/W/F  nights this week so I'll be dead by Sat am.  Not literally---don't worry, you don't need to consider jumping ship to TriAya or Mila's groups--although they are ahead of us in posts

Have a great day!

2008-01-28 12:51 PM
in reply to: #1179910

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
medic0020 - 2008-01-28 10:42 AM

Wow---and I thought I spent way too much time surfing the internet!    Happy Monday everybody. I've been trying to minimize my online time on the weekends and make better use of my time with the family.  Now it's Monday and somebody else is financing my surfing. 

Got in a strong 2750 swim this morning. I'm now only about 600 yds short of MY January Swim challenge goal.  I'm missing both masters classes this week (tues--computrainer races and thu-circus with Hannah, my 8 y/o) so I'm swimming on Mon/Wed to make them up.  Broke out a masters workout from 2 weeks ago.  Did the main sets of the workout twice.  That felt pretty impressive to me anway

Still need to get in a 45min run today and then back to overtime. Working M/W/F  nights this week so I'll be dead by Sat am.  Not literally---don't worry, you don't need to consider jumping ship to TriAya or Mila's groups--although they are ahead of us in posts

Have a great day!

surely you weren't talking about little ole WHINE maker me!? I had a quiet weekend and my husband was sick yesterday...so, I had a bit of time to surf.....but now it is time to work...so, BYE BYE...back later!

2008-01-28 1:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Julie ----- your the best! THANK YOU FOR FINDING MY MOJO....YEAH!!!!!! I'm glad you directed me to the message board, I was just working away and thought I'd look at my training blog...little did I know what awaited me. As I sit at my desk you had me smiling, laughing and even feeling MOTIVATED!!! gEE.

Thanks a bunch Tri-sister... I needed that.

I will get out today and run...as I look out my window at the cold and wind But I love the outside...hmmmm

Thanks everyone for checking in on me!!!

"Let's get FIRED UP" Go - Team - Go!!!!!!!

Let's get a little bit ROWDY R-O-W-DY!!!!!

Edited by amy mutz 2008-01-28 1:46 PM

(amy.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
amy.jpg (48KB - 24 downloads)
2008-01-28 6:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Here our mixer of kids...you gotta laugh!

(IMG_0039.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0039.jpg (46KB - 24 downloads)

2008-01-28 8:18 PM
in reply to: #1180086

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2008-01-28 11:43 AM Julie ----- your the best! THANK YOU FOR FINDING MY MOJO....YEAH!!!!!! I'm glad you directed me to the message board, I was just working away and thought I'd look at my training blog...little did I know what awaited me. As I sit at my desk you had me smiling, laughing and even feeling MOTIVATED!!! gEE. Thanks a bunch Tri-sister... I needed that. I will get out today and run...as I look out my window at the cold and wind But I love the outside...hmmmm Thanks everyone for checking in on me!!! "Let's get FIRED UP" Go - Team - Go!!!!!!! Let's get a little bit ROWDY R-O-W-DY!!!!!

amy there's my cheerleader....looking good too! when was that picture taken...you look very young to be a mom! hehe

Glad to see you back....I can't stand to see one of my biggest motivators feeling blue....the blue is from being cold nothing else!...so get out run and warm that body up...you will feel better....plus you need to go do that 10miles this weekend....I will run ten with you! just in a different state! hehe

Feel better girl....can't stand to see my inspirational Amy down! and without a mojo....!

2008-01-28 8:21 PM
in reply to: #1180580

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2008-01-28 4:17 PM Here our mixer of kids...you gotta laugh!

wow girl...how many kids do you have? what ages? my goodness, you must constantly be taxiing them around...no wonder you are tired!!!! I'm tired for you...looks like a really handsome and good looking bunch....you must be proud!

2008-01-28 10:06 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Hi All...thought that you would love this new and inventive way of working out...stylish bunch, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

so, now go out there and get creative and do dance routines.....and then look around...you probably just scared everyone away! hehe

2008-01-29 3:11 AM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
It's 2 for Tuesday---see if you can't get in 2 types of workouts today.....I'm up for my computrainer race and maybe some strength training later.
2008-01-29 12:55 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Well everyone.... Pam has returned to the board   The first week of school was a disaster with trying to get into a rhythm and figure out what the rest of the semester is going to be like.  I'm happy to hear that everyone is up to their normal craziness!    I've gone back to being my sleep deprived, overworked, underpaid, no free time self   But the bike is safe and sitting on its trainer and the new running shoes are making running painfree!  Thanks for all the little messages

Amy, I hope you found your mojo again!!  Be strong girl!

Emerson, I hope you are doing okay with that weird whiplashly type injury...don't know what to tell you about that though.  

Well, I am off to catch a little nap in the student union before going to my next class...otherwise I will nap during class   which would be bad

Take care everyone!!!!!!  And keep up the great work!!! Let's finish this month strong! 

2008-01-29 1:38 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
Well kids---let me tell you about a little lesson we re-learned today--This is the part of our show where I tell you to do what I say and not what I do --Sun I did bike intervals (5x5:00 with 1:00 rest and then 5x1:00 with 1:00 rest) and then Mon I did run intervals (2x8:00 hard/2:00 ez.  This is not exactly the recommended way to prepare yourself for a race, even a computrainer race.  I still laid down a pretty good ride but would have been happier with a little better rested legs.
2008-01-29 1:40 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

And just because I'm feeling mentor-ish today....here's a great trainer workout to improve leg speed and efficiency--

Pedal Stroke and Leg Speed Workout 1
Cool Breeze Cyclery

Warm Up

Warm up in easy gear spinning at 70- 80 rpm – 10 minutes
Set 1
Pedal Stroke Drill - Repeat 3 times
2 min.
Shift to big ring and spin at 50 rpm for 2 minutes.  Make your cadence stay at 50 the whole time.  Pay attention to stroke
2 min.
Shift to small ring and spin at 80 – 90 rpm for 1 min
Set 2
Spin Ups – Overall  Leg Speed Drill -
6 min.
Shift to small ring and spin at 70 rpm

Every minute, increase cadence by 5 rpm  until you reach 100
2 min.
Spin easy gear at 70 rpm
4 min.
Increase Cadence to 85 rpm, Every minute increase by 5 rpm until you reach 105
2 min.
Spin easy at 70 rpm
Set 3
Sustained Leg Speed Drill
5 min.
Still in Small Ring, spin at 110 – 120
1 min.
Spin easy at 70 rpm
Set 4
Isolated Leg Training Drill – 2 reps each leg
1 min.
Left Leg only 40 – 50 Rpm in a Moderate gear
1 min.
Right Leg only 40 – 50 Rpm in Moderate gear
Cool Down
10 min.

2008-01-29 3:36 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
Hi all,

Sorry I have not been around much lately. I have been plugging away with my training. Hanging with the kiddos. I hope you are all well. Thanks for all of the inspires. They do keep me going. Some days I do not want to do anything and there they are. Like a little whisper in my ear.

2008-01-29 3:44 PM
in reply to: #1182290

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

abud7373 - 2008-01-29 1:36 PM Hi all, Sorry I have not been around much lately. I have been plugging away with my training. Hanging with the kiddos. I hope you are all well. Thanks for all of the inspires. They do keep me going. Some days I do not want to do anything and there they are. Like a little whisper in my ear.

Good to hear from you Amy....Funny, I am getting those same little whispers in my ear, too! Glad to hear you are working out and have not been blown away in any of the recent storms. Sounds like Sunny San Diego has not been sooooo sunny. Keep up the naptime runs and the training....see you in a few months...woo hoo! I don't know about you, but I better go - i think someone just whispered to go get in that pool and swim....girl.....swim! ;O)

2008-01-29 3:48 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

OK, here is a little bit of the serious side of Julie that you do not get to see or hear often...

I know that most of you realize that I found this site a few months ago due to a tragedy in my family....my brother lost his wife in an ironman competition last November....well things are beginning to look up! After a really trying past week....my brother was really having a tough time....I called a few of his local tri buddies and I am proud to announce that he is back on track. Last week he told me he had not been in the pool since her death and has barely gone out for a run or bike ride....NOT ANY MORE! he has been running again like crazy, rode 87 miles on his bike yeseterday and was swimming when I talked to him today....he also told me that he was able to get into the Arizona Ironman so that he can finally finish an ironman...(he was taken off the bike portion in Florida to go to the hospital and it took a policeman a good ten minutes to convince him that he needed to stop....he just kept riding with a policeman chasing him on a motorbike....anyhow...he told me of his plans to race but then got discouraged again by the fact that all the hotels were booked....so Julie did some detective work and was able to get in touch with the sales department at the host hotel who just called me and told me that they have a room reserved for my brother.  I just called him and he was ecstatic!  So, my brother is soon to be the ironman that our family already considers him! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Thank you to all you who have helped me get thru this tough time...all those PM's, jokes and kind words have really helped! You know who you are...and will always hold a special place in my heart....THANK YOU!

Emerson...looks like I will be seeing you in April (I will be in Tempe probably the 10th - 15th) if you will be around....will you? I think I am going to be staying at the Ironman Host Hotel...Mission Plaza on 60th...

2008-01-29 9:45 PM
in reply to: #1182328

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 2:48 PM

OK, here is a little bit of the serious side of Julie that you do not get to see or hear often...

I know that most of you realize that I found this site a few months ago due to a tragedy in my family....my brother lost his wife in an ironman competition last November....well things are beginning to look up! After a really trying past week....my brother was really having a tough time....I called a few of his local tri buddies and I am proud to announce that he is back on track. Last week he told me he had not been in the pool since her death and has barely gone out for a run or bike ride....NOT ANY MORE! he has been running again like crazy, rode 87 miles on his bike yeseterday and was swimming when I talked to him today....he also told me that he was able to get into the Arizona Ironman so that he can finally finish an ironman...(he was taken off the bike portion in Florida to go to the hospital and it took a policeman a good ten minutes to convince him that he needed to stop....he just kept riding with a policeman chasing him on a motorbike....anyhow...he told me of his plans to race but then got discouraged again by the fact that all the hotels were booked....so Julie did some detective work and was able to get in touch with the sales department at the host hotel who just called me and told me that they have a room reserved for my brother.  I just called him and he was ecstatic!  So, my brother is soon to be the ironman that our family already considers him! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Thank you to all you who have helped me get thru this tough time...all those PM's, jokes and kind words have really helped! You know who you are...and will always hold a special place in my heart....THANK YOU!

Emerson...looks like I will be seeing you in April (I will be in Tempe probably the 10th - 15th) if you will be around....will you? I think I am going to be staying at the Ironman Host Hotel...Mission Plaza on 60th...

I will plan on being there to cheer your brother on with you.  I know very well what it is like to have your wife stricken with a massive brain injury.  On March 30, it will be five years of life for her... we never get through a day without being thankful for the gift of life she received.  We know all to well that many do not.  Her goal to celebrate life is to walk a 5K.  That will be with a cane as she is still paralyzed on the left side and has a plastic brace on her leg as she has no feeling or control.  With luck I will bring her up for the day as well, we are only 90 minutes away.  Our prayers go to your brother that he can break free and live again after last year.  We came way to close to knowing exactly how he would feel... God bless both of you, Emerson from Tucson

2008-01-29 10:04 PM
in reply to: #1182868

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Thanks for all the notes over the last couple of days.  When I come up for air I will get back to inspiring others.  As I prepare to drop into bed, I share one odd observation.  I live on the 22nd floor of a tall building in Cincinnati.  Winds are gusting to 60 miles an hour tonight.  The chandelier is swinging a couple of inches.  The odd part is that based on the laws of physics, the chandelier is stationary and I am the one swaying a couple of inches each way... That is a strange feeling when in a very tall building!

Good night all...

2008-01-29 11:45 PM
in reply to: #1182895

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-01-29 8:04 PM

Thanks for all the notes over the last couple of days.  When I come up for air I will get back to inspiring others.  As I prepare to drop into bed, I share one odd observation.  I live on the 22nd floor of a tall building in Cincinnati.  Winds are gusting to 60 miles an hour tonight.  The chandelier is swinging a couple of inches.  The odd part is that based on the laws of physics, the chandelier is stationary and I am the one swaying a couple of inches each way... That is a strange feeling when in a very tall building!

Good night all...

At least you are not in California and swaying (hate those durned ole earthquakes)....then you may be running for the stairwell and making a mad break for the exit...hate it when it shakes like that here....hehe

2008-01-30 7:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Emerson - I know what you mean about the winds, you got what we had already went through...I was driving home from the Y with my daughter and we were caught right in the middle of the storm. There was power lines on fire, transformers blown, the roof blown off a building, a hot tube on a trailer blown into a major road, two people killed by a trailer blown to pieces. We were dodging all kinds of debris on the road.My son doesn't have school today because the school has no power along with 4000 other homes and businesses. Luckily we are just 3 min. from that and it didn't hit our power station.
I can not imagine being in a high rise!!!!!!! Hope Cinci didn't have the devastation that we had.

Julie - I'm soooo glad to hear your brother is doing better! He is really blessed to have a sister like you to watch out for him and to help him through these hard times!!!!! Your a good girl!

Pam - Good to hear from you.... Hang in there with school, each day is an adventure
I'm glad the shoes are working for you.

Amy - good to hear from you, life can sorta take you over when you have your hands full with children...take care.

I'm watching the Today show right now and they just announced the deaths of the two people killed here last night. Sad.

Everyone stay safe today! And go workout, as Julie would say.
2008-01-30 8:55 AM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Wow, this group continues to amaze me each and every day.  All the stories and reasons of motivation seem to rise high over the top of me wanting to prove I can do it.  I wish I could be at one race that everyone is doing this year to cheer you to the finishline.  Great job this Jan and I am looking forward to an even better Feb!

As for the weather, well, we didn't get snow yesterday like my parents did, but it is almost 9am and the temperature is -14F and with the windchill it is -35F or colder.... brrrrr!!  I wish I didn't have to go to class! 

2008-01-30 9:28 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dee - this is for you! Take a break.

(cat sleeping.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
cat sleeping.jpg (11KB - 20 downloads)
2008-01-30 9:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Emerson - this is your building after the wind last night.

(building.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
building.jpg (21KB - 22 downloads)
2008-01-30 9:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Today is a good day for a swim. I will meet you at the pool...

Ok, I'm done playing for the day...ha maybe...

(swim.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
swim.jpg (34KB - 16 downloads)
2008-01-30 10:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Get ready for the Tri season, it will be here before we know it.

PREPARE!!!! SWIM - BIKE - RUN!!!!!!

Ok - I done. For today

(tri1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
tri1.jpg (29KB - 17 downloads)
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73