BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Stoop Dog's Tri Group - CLOSED for 2010! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 35

2009-12-18 11:35 AM
in reply to: #2566839

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Stoop Dog's Tri Group - CLOSED (READY TO ROLL!)
I'm looking forward to a long run in the snow Sunday morning.  As long as the wind isn't too bad (and I'm not too destroyed from our Christmas party the night before.)

2009-12-18 1:41 PM
in reply to: #2557655

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights
think of all that snow as a great opportunityh to crosstrain...I mean shovel!
2009-12-18 3:01 PM
in reply to: #2567329

Ha, AGREED
2009-12-18 3:39 PM

New user

Westmoreland County
Well, I didn't get home from work early enough to run (I didn't want to run in the dark tonight), soooo, I might get back on the drainer again tonight.  Maybe some strength/core work first.

I hope to run this weekend, maybe in snowshoes.

Tomorrow might be a good time to get on the trainer watching IM Kona.

Good luck everyone.

Paul

2009-12-18 4:52 PM

User image

New user
As long as the wind isn't too bad (and I'm not too destroyed from our Christmas party the night before.)Good for you! Ours is tomorrow which means cleaning all today. Seems to be a night for wii fit strength training, especially since it seems the weather is going to be a mess this weekend!!
2009-12-18 7:13 PM

User image

Regular
Yall are motivated to say the least. If it was that cold and snowing here I'd be sitting by the fire place drinking Oatmeal stout... I love to run outside especialy for the long run I can deal with the Hampster wheel (treadmill) for a short run 3 -4 miles but staring at the wall and going nowhere makes me have sadistic thought after that LOL!! 

I'll keep all of you in my thought when I go for that long run tomorrow so in spirit you can run with me in 60 deg sun. 

On another note I stoped at Sports Authority on my way home and found a pair of ASIC Kahana 2 shoes on clearance for $39.00 I usualy run in Nike's but these looked good and felt good and the price was right so I got them. I wore them to the gym and on a few erans after that,  they feel good so I'll see how they do on the 7 mile long run tomorrow. 

2009-12-18 9:34 PM
in reply to: #2568001

New user

Westmoreland County

I'll keep all of you in my thought when I go for that long run tomorrow so in spirit you can run with me in 60 deg sun.  

Thanks Sawfish.  If you are doing any strength work tomorrow, pretend you are shovelling snow.  Ha Ha 

I don't understand, I always hear people talk about putting a fan on while on the drainer.  I had a space heater right next to me, otherwise it is a little chilly out in the garage.

Later

Paul
2009-12-19 9:13 AM
in reply to: #2568144

User image

Regular
Ripper10 - 2009-12-18 9:34 PM

Thanks Sawfish.  If you are doing any strength work tomorrow, pretend you are shovelling snow.  Ha Ha 

I don't understand, I always hear people talk about putting a fan on while on the drainer.  I had a space heater right next to me, otherwise it is a little chilly out in the garage.

Later

Paul

Use the fan to lose more weight......You'll freeze you @$$ off while you ride LOL!!!
2009-12-19 8:39 PM

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights
Well did the first shoveling of the evening.  Actually I cheated a bit.  It's about 4 inches of light and fluffy.  I don't own snowblower (dead set against them). So I broke out the leaf blower....worked like a charm.  Cleared the stairs, walkway and car and around the car.  Shoveled the rest of driveway and side walkways.  So it wasn't a heart elevating shovel by any means.   I'll save that for 6am so I can get to the gym by 7.  Enjoy the warm weather in TX!
2009-12-20 1:08 PM

New user

Westmoreland County
Anyone doing JorgeM's winter cycling plan from the "Challenge Me Forum"?

Looks good, and I need something to do other than just logging miles on the trainer.  The reviews and comments are interesting.

I am starting tonight.

Anyone want to join me?

Paul

I shovelled snow twice yesterday and did a little clean up today.  It is finally done.

Edited by Ripper10 2009-12-20 1:09 PM
2009-12-20 5:50 PM
in reply to: #2569811

hello all  as im a security officer and bouncer this is the busiest time of the year for me so i know i wont be doing any training before new year so if you dont hear from me its not that im not bothered its because im knackered cos from now till then ill be on ar least 17 hour days 12 hours in day job and 5 hours on door this is gonna kill me LOL 
So from now till june which is when i do my first tri there are a number of 10k's a swimathon and charity bike rides so ill keep all up to date with my training so if i dont get any chance to write al berfore weekend ill like to wish all a merry christmas and happy new year see you all in the year      karl

2009-12-20 9:51 PM

New user

Westmoreland County
Karl, Merry Christmas to you.  And be safe out there.

Enjoyed my first ride on the Winter Cycling Program.

Definitely a good change for me.

Paul

2009-12-21 4:41 AM
in reply to: #2570390

Thanks Paul merry Christmas to you and your family. Karl
2009-12-21 8:46 AM

User image

Regular
Paul
I recently got a set of Spinervall DVD's so I plan to start working with Coach Troy's work-outs after new year so I'll be with you although not exactly the same work out.  Best of luck brother stay the course make it happen.  Merry Christmas to everyone. 
2009-12-21 8:49 AM
in reply to: #2570735

User image

Veteran
Glen Mills, PA

Enjoy the season everyone! Glad to see we are already sharing ideas...I'm really thinking of spinvervals for my indoor workouts on the bike this year...mostly mine have been HR/cadence based while I watch the latest 'twilight' movie. (kidding...)

I'll be around the forum most of this week (except Fri of course)...travelling to NC (Raleigh area) the week after Xmas and hoping to get outside to do some biking/running whilst I'm away...my family is pretty active (races, tri's, swimming, biking, etc) so it will probably be a free for all for the week.  Looking forward to it.

Anyone else have post holiday plans?

2009-12-21 2:55 PM

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights
Karl,

As a former buoncer myself, I remeber this time of year very well.  A safe holiday to you!

Surprised that shoveling was on the list of "Actual Sports".  Shoveling 4 driveways over 4 hours was not what I had in mind, but it will have to do for Sundays workout!

Usually this week and next are sleepers at work.  Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I decide to sleep in and work out at the gym at work my day is crazy.  Murphy's Law...I find that Murphy guy and he's in trouble!!!

Going to prop my butt on the bike seat for a session on the trainer tonight.

Hopefully everyone survived to snow.  Day in the park!

2009-12-21 3:52 PM

Thanks Phil
    have a good christmas to mate, as you know what its like ill try and be safe. ive looked into all the posts about the spinerval dvd,s and guess whats just hit the top of my christmas list Thanks for all the good advise from you all     karl

Edited by Karl1965 2009-12-21 3:53 PM
2009-12-21 5:22 PM
in reply to: #2570749

New user

Westmoreland County
William, that's great, I have wanted to see what a Spinnervals video looks like.  I have heard a lot of people talk about them and they speak highly of them.  Go get em,  we used to say "make it happen Captain".  I was trying to spark some interest and camaraderie.

Phil,  I am soo envious.  I wish I was heading South for a week or two.  I promise I will get out there in the cold tonight and run, even if I just hit the track!

Phil B, I counted my shovelling time as cardio on Sat.  We faired well, not nearly as bad as you guys on the coast.

Everyone in the Northern climate,  (not you Sawfish, you lucky b......) the days are getting longer.  Happy First Day of Winter!

Later,

Paul

Edited by Ripper10 2009-12-21 5:24 PM
2009-12-21 7:43 PM
in reply to: #2571858

User image

Regular
Ripper10 - 2009-12-21 5:22 PM William, that's great, I have wanted to see what a Spinnervals video looks like.  I have heard a lot of people talk about them and they speak highly of them.  Go get em,  we used to say "make it happen Captain".  I was trying to spark some interest and camaraderie.

Phil,  I am soo envious.  I wish I was heading South for a week or two.  I promise I will get out there in the cold tonight and run, even if I just hit the track!

Phil B, I counted my shovelling time as cardio on Sat.  We faired well, not nearly as bad as you guys on the coast.

Everyone in the Northern climate,  (not you Sawfish, you lucky b......) the days are getting longer.  Happy First Day of Winter!

Later,

Paul

Tongue out  That is too funny.  I have a good friend that I grew up with and he lived here up until about 10 years ago and moved to Utah for a job and he told me the other day it was -4 and several feet of snow.. I just laughed at him and told him that was his Punishment for leaving Texas...  Don' t worry I get the pay back in the summer time lots of 90 + days with our humidity ranging from 90% in the morning to about 60 in the afternoon. 

I got the Triathlon Performance 5 pack it has 2 straight up riding workouts DVD,s , 1 Brick workout DVD treadmill and training bike required.  A treadmill tempo workout and a total body conditioning DVD that has you doing a interval on a stationary trainer bike and hopping off and sitting on a Pilaties ball and lifting weight or doing core exercises. I also got  the Spinervals 101 DvD whis is where I plan to start so I get the base to keep up. 

I did My 8.5 mountain bike trail from hell ride. There is a trail that runs around the Levie that circles my neighborhood. First 2 miles are hard pack and some black top then you have 4 miles of straight high mowed grass it is about 3 to 4 inches high they mow it with a tractor to keep it form getting 10 feet tall but it is a brutal 4 miles like riding in sand if you stop peddeling the bike pretty much stops and that 4 miles is mostly small ring in front and big ring in back. then the last 2 miles is back on neighborhood streets home... last 2 miles feel so good after that 4 in the middle... Yall stay warm and motivated.

Edited by SAWFISH50 2009-12-21 7:55 PM
2009-12-23 10:44 AM

Extreme Veteran
Been stuck in the gym running on the treadmill for the past two days.  It stinks, but when I was out on the roads it was just too dangerous with the cars and no shoulder (because of snow.)  I'm going to try the roads again tomorrow but much earlier than I have been going out.  Hopefully there will be minimal traffic and I'm used to running in the dark.  And I already have my screwshoes made up.

Next week starts my training for the Long Island Marathon on May 2.  I have to review my plan and make sure it still makes sense based on my training and new workload.

Take it easy everyone and have a happy Christmas eve eve!
2009-12-24 5:18 AM

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights
Got my trainer ride in before we hop in car for 4 hour ride.  Happy holidays to all!

2009-12-24 10:28 PM

User image

Regular

Merry Christmas team.  I'm gonna take 2 days off for holiday fun and travel but got a long run planed for Sunday.  Hope sant brings ya what you want. 

2009-12-25 4:44 PM

User image

Regular

I lied weather was nice I did an easy 4 miler :-)

2009-12-26 8:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Glen Mills, PA
Hope everyone had a great Holiday! I've taken a few more days off than expected but hey, that's life. Traveling to N.C. tomorrow to visit my family who are race/tri centric so I'm sure we'll get in some workouts....Jan 4th starts the training for 2010 season! So a few more hours of sleep now probably won't kill me...
2009-12-27 1:02 PM

Extreme Veteran

Woke up today expecting it to be a reasonable 38F or so.  Wow - 53F!!  Suited up and headed out for a nice run.  It was foggy and dim at the start of the run, but the sun came out a little bit and burned off the fog.  It never got to hot and I had an enjoyable 7.5 mile run. 

Tomorrow starts my "official" and "structured" marathon training for the Long Island Marathon.  Officially its 45 minutes of swimming, but that will be supplemented with another 7.5 mile run.  Eventually I want to run a marathon quick enough to BQ, but I have no intention of running Boston.

Enjoy the end of your weekends everybody!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Stoop Dog's Tri Group - CLOSED for 2010! Rss Feed  

of 35