Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 26

2011-01-15 3:26 PM
in reply to: #3301653

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
Subject: RE: Tri Curious - OPEN

When I right click it there's no "copy" option. Can you please help me figure out how to pick this up and put it on my dashboard?

2011-01-15 3:29 PM
in reply to: #3256872

User image

New user

Hey there...still room in the group? All of you ladies seem very nice and enthusiastic!

Name:
Catherine (Cate)

Story: I'm an 19 year old student from Ontario, Canada. I've been very active for most of my life, from soccer to swim team to skiing to yoga. Since coming to university in Peterborough, my fitness has decreased slightly. I started out on the rowing team (so 5am runs and ergometer sessions aren't too much for me!) but found that the team conflicted with work and school schedules.

I've always wanted to undertake a tri, and have been attempting to train for a few years now, but after several weeks, when the inevitable illness or weekend away occurs, I find it hard to get back into training.

So this time I've decided to take a course with the athletics complex, not so much for the training, but (here comes the student line) to use that $70 fee to motivate me to keep going!

I'm easily addicted to things, and I figure running is better to be addicted to than chocolate or (at the moment) knitting -- anyone need a new hat, by the way?

I'm a very strong swimmer (I'm an advanced instructor and often train triathletes in stroke technique) and probably pretty decent on the bike, but it's the run I am most worried about. I have mild asthma, but it usually doesn't bother me unless it's either very smoggy out or extremely hot/cold.

In any case, I'm highly competitive, enthusiastic, and active.

I think that physical health is closely linked to mental health and I feel that by embarking on this fitness journey I will increase my motivation, willpower, and productivity to new heights! I'm excited to be able to wake up in the morning and feel like I have infinite ability to get things done and be healthy!

Why I'd like to join this group: To support and be supported by an amazing group of women working towards a common goal with personal fitness victories! 

Races:
Hoping to attend the Peterborough Sprint Triathlon (Subaru Series) in July 2011, as well as a few running events, such as Toronto's Underwear Affair and CIBC's Run for the Cure in Oshawa.

Current training: I've been cycling at the gym around 3 times a week, as well as playing squash. I also regularly attend yoga classes.

...hula hoop yoga is just about the most fun you could have in a fitness class by the way!!

Weightloss:
I'm generally a small woman...I haven't gained too much since my first year at school, but I wouldn't mind having my jeans fit like they used to.

I don't weigh myself...ever.

I judge my fitness by how I feel day-to-day rather than how much I weigh or body mass. I'm pretty self aware and I haven't been feeling too awesome lately.

What will make me a good mentee: I feel like you'd be a very supportive mentor that can help me, among others, work towards personal goals. I like that you don't have a focus on weightloss and you believe that each person needs to work to their comfort level.
2011-01-15 3:31 PM

User image

New user

I should also point out that motivation is key for me...

I have the physical capacity to be an athlete but lately lack the drive.

Accomplishing a triathlon will be an amazing goal for me to achieve, especially pushing through running.
2011-01-15 3:33 PM
in reply to: #3301713

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
northernorchid - 2011-01-15 4:29 PM Hey there...still room in the group? All of you ladies seem very nice and enthusiastic!

Name:
Catherine (Cate)

Story: I'm an 19 year old student from Ontario, Canada. I've been very active for most of my life, from soccer to swim team to skiing to yoga. Since coming to university in Peterborough, my fitness has decreased slightly. I started out on the rowing team (so 5am runs and ergometer sessions aren't too much for me!) but found that the team conflicted with work and school schedules.

I've always wanted to undertake a tri, and have been attempting to train for a few years now, but after several weeks, when the inevitable illness or weekend away occurs, I find it hard to get back into training.

So this time I've decided to take a course with the athletics complex, not so much for the training, but (here comes the student line) to use that $70 fee to motivate me to keep going!

I'm easily addicted to things, and I figure running is better to be addicted to than chocolate or (at the moment) knitting -- anyone need a new hat, by the way?

I'm a very strong swimmer (I'm an advanced instructor and often train triathletes in stroke technique) and probably pretty decent on the bike, but it's the run I am most worried about. I have mild asthma, but it usually doesn't bother me unless it's either very smoggy out or extremely hot/cold.

In any case, I'm highly competitive, enthusiastic, and active.

I think that physical health is closely linked to mental health and I feel that by embarking on this fitness journey I will increase my motivation, willpower, and productivity to new heights! I'm excited to be able to wake up in the morning and feel like I have infinite ability to get things done and be healthy!

Why I'd like to join this group: To support and be supported by an amazing group of women working towards a common goal with personal fitness victories! 

Races:
Hoping to attend the Peterborough Sprint Triathlon (Subaru Series) in July 2011, as well as a few running events, such as Toronto's Underwear Affair and CIBC's Run for the Cure in Oshawa.

Current training: I've been cycling at the gym around 3 times a week, as well as playing squash. I also regularly attend yoga classes.

...hula hoop yoga is just about the most fun you could have in a fitness class by the way!!

Weightloss:
I'm generally a small woman...I haven't gained too much since my first year at school, but I wouldn't mind having my jeans fit like they used to.

I don't weigh myself...ever.

I judge my fitness by how I feel day-to-day rather than how much I weigh or body mass. I'm pretty self aware and I haven't been feeling too awesome lately.

What will make me a good mentee: I feel like you'd be a very supportive mentor that can help me, among others, work towards personal goals. I like that you don't have a focus on weightloss and you believe that each person needs to work to their comfort level.

Welcome! I am from Ontario too! Your swim expertise will be a great help to the team, especially since I am not too strong in this area. By not too strong I mean please don't read my race report for the tri I did in September. Laughing
2011-01-15 3:34 PM
in reply to: #3301723

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
northernorchid - 2011-01-15 4:31 PM I should also point out that motivation is key for me...

I have the physical capacity to be an athlete but lately lack the drive.

Accomplishing a triathlon will be an amazing goal for me to achieve, especially pushing through running.

Keep coming to BT regularly and participate in the forums. Having a group of like minded people is a great help in developing drive to workout.
2011-01-15 3:36 PM
in reply to: #3301704

User image

Champion
Taser-World
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:24 PM

Hehehe glitter graphics... noo this wasn't made by Dee...<br /><br />I like it! It's much easier to read than the one with the image in the background.

Well, I wrote the html for it, but no, I didn't create the glitter background. OK, to put it in your logs, do this:

1) Highlight all the code below.
2) Hold down the CTRL + C keys at the same time.
3) Go to your blog customization / Dashboard.
4) Put the cursor where you want the table to go.
5) Hold down CTRL + V keys at the same time.

The code *should* go away, and be replaced with the table. You may need to save (update) the Dashboard to do this.

If you still see the code afterwards (rather than the pretty table), let me know. It just means we have to change your settings.

OK, copy this code:

<table border="2" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#B0E0E6" background="http://www.wonderbackgrounds.com/glitter/glitter_background_11.gif">
<tr><td align="center"><b>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=236916#M3298308"><font color="black">Tri Curious Mentor Group</font></a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=194850"><font color="black">mbasta - Melissa</font></a><br>
<hr color="navy">
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=72854"><font color="black">bumbbles21 - Lauren </font></a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=72320"><font color="black">D001 - Dee</font></a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=222849"><font color="black">Julily - Julie </font></a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=222862"><font color="black">Karijoyous - Kari</font></a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=223313"><font color="black">northernorchid - Cate</font></br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=169142"><font color="black">polojen - Jennifer</font></a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=222808"><font color="black">rachelann31 - Rachel</a><br>
<a href="http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=223101"><font color="black">Threejs - Ellen</a><br>
</b></td></tr></table>

Edited by D001 2011-01-15 3:41 PM

2011-01-15 3:37 PM

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada

What is everyone doing this weekend? Tonight I'm going to a friend's birthday party and the rest of the weekend is a mixture of finishing putting the apartment together (just moved in) and playing video games.

Today I went out and bought some pool toys! I got a streamline kick board, a pull bouy, and some swimming ear plugs because I tend to get ear aches in the pool. Hopefully I will get to test them out this week!

2011-01-15 3:38 PM
in reply to: #3301725

User image

Champion
Taser-World
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:33 PM

Welcome! I am from Ontario too! Your swim expertise will be a great help to the team, especially since I am not too strong in this area. By not too strong I mean please don't read my race report for the tri I did in September. Laughing

And with that said, I'm off to read your race report from September. LOL

2011-01-15 3:40 PM
in reply to: #3301730

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
D001 - 2011-01-15 4:36 PM
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:24 PM Hehehe glitter graphics... noo this wasn't made by Dee...

I like it! It's much easier to read than the one with the image in the background.
Well, I wrote the html for it, but no, I didn't create the glitter background. OK, to put it in your logs, do this: 1) Highlight all the code below. 2) Hold down the CTRL + C keys at the same time. 3) Go to your blog customization / Dashboard. 4) Put the cursor where you want the table to go. 5) Hold down CTRL + V keys at the same time. The code *should* go away, and be replaced with the table. You may need to save (update) the Dashboard to do this. If you still see the code afterwards (rather than the pretty table), let me know. It just means we have to change your settings. OK, copy this code:

Eek, I see only the text! Of course this is the case, it's me.
2011-01-15 3:42 PM
in reply to: #3301732

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
D001 - 2011-01-15 4:38 PM
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:33 PM Welcome! I am from Ontario too! Your swim expertise will be a great help to the team, especially since I am not too strong in this area. By not too strong I mean please don't read my race report for the tri I did in September. Laughing
And with that said, I'm off to read your race report from September. LOL

Here's the jist - I trained and got a decent 3 stroke breath down. I practiced and worked away and was ready! Then, something happened. I froze up and my breathing went all screwed, which forced me to doggie paddle most of the way. Oh defeat you hurt.

My ego = broken.

Edited by mbasta 2011-01-15 3:43 PM
2011-01-15 3:44 PM
in reply to: #3301737

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:40 PM
D001 - 2011-01-15 4:36 PM
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:24 PM Hehehe glitter graphics... noo this wasn't made by Dee...

I like it! It's much easier to read than the one with the image in the background.
Well, I wrote the html for it, but no, I didn't create the glitter background. OK, to put it in your logs, do this: 1) Highlight all the code below. 2) Hold down the CTRL + C keys at the same time. 3) Go to your blog customization / Dashboard. 4) Put the cursor where you want the table to go. 5) Hold down CTRL + V keys at the same time. The code *should* go away, and be replaced with the table. You may need to save (update) the Dashboard to do this. If you still see the code afterwards (rather than the pretty table), let me know. It just means we have to change your settings. OK, copy this code:

Eek, I see only the text! Of course this is the case, it's me.

Ooo it fixed itself!

2011-01-15 3:47 PM
in reply to: #3301737

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Yay! I see it on your blog.

Edited by D001 2011-01-15 3:48 PM
2011-01-15 3:51 PM
in reply to: #3301731

User image

Champion
Taser-World
mbasta - 2011-01-15 4:37 PM

What is everyone doing this weekend? Tonight I'm going to a friend's birthday party and the rest of the weekend is a mixture of finishing putting the apartment together (just moved in) and playing video games.

Today I went out and bought some pool toys! I got a streamline kick board, a pull bouy, and some swimming ear plugs because I tend to get ear aches in the pool. Hopefully I will get to test them out this week!

Wogged today. Brought work home with me that I'll do tonight, tomorrow.

Video games rock. I always make some time for them. LOL

Right now, I'm looking online for exercise equipment that I think I need.
2011-01-15 3:52 PM

User image

Seattle

As each new person joins I get more and more excited about this group! We are going to rock this year! :-D

So today I went for my first outside (aka non-eleptical) run of 2011. Here is: the map of approx what I did. I've been running 30-40 minutes inside over the winter and lost about 8 lbs so I was surprised at how hard it was. About 1/2 way though I got a terrible side-stich that continued through the rest of the run along with a sharp pain in my right shoulder that I remember from last year, but went away once I was in better shape. I'm really glad that I went out 'cause I'm super motivated to get my running lungs back.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

2011-01-15 4:00 PM
in reply to: #3301730

User image

Seattle

This is not working for me :-( I'm just ending up with code (beautiful code, btw, just not as useful this way).

2011-01-15 5:42 PM
in reply to: #3301751

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
D001 - 2011-01-15 4:51 PM

Wogged today. Brought work home with me that I'll do tonight, tomorrow. Video games rock. I always make some time for them. LOL Right now, I'm looking online for exercise equipment that I think I need.

What type of equipment are you looking at? I have quite a lovely collection that I get to justify with my career choices even though I'm not currently training clients... Innocent

Edited by mbasta 2011-01-15 5:44 PM

2011-01-15 5:45 PM
in reply to: #3301753

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
bumbbles21 - 2011-01-15 4:52 PM

As each new person joins I get more and more excited about this group! We are going to rock this year! :-D

So today I went for my first outside (aka non-eleptical) run of 2011. Here is: the map of approx what I did. I've been running 30-40 minutes inside over the winter and lost about 8 lbs so I was surprised at how hard it was. About 1/2 way though I got a terrible side-stich that continued through the rest of the run along with a sharp pain in my right shoulder that I remember from last year, but went away once I was in better shape. I'm really glad that I went out 'cause I'm super motivated to get my running lungs back.

It's hard to run when it's cold out! I find my aerobic capacity goes down and my legs just don't have the same stamina.

This weekend video games!
2011-01-15 5:46 PM
in reply to: #3301751

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
D001 - 2011-01-15 4:51 PM

Wogged today. Brought work home with me that I'll do tonight, tomorrow. Video games rock. I always make some time for them. LOL Right now, I'm looking online for exercise equipment that I think I need.

What video games do you play? What game systems?

I play PS3 currently and favorites include: Little Big Planet, Unreal Tournament, Rachet and Clank, Call of Duty...
2011-01-15 7:12 PM
in reply to: #3301771

User image

Champion
Taser-World
bumbbles21 - 2011-01-15 5:00 PM

This is not working for me :-( I'm just ending up with code (beautiful code, btw, just not as useful this way).

OK, how about this....
1) Go back to your dashboard.
2) Highlight the html code that you pasted.
3) Change the font back to the default. (If there's no default, pick something like times new roman or arial.)
4) Save/update the dashboard.
5) Go back to your training log.
If it's still wingdings, hold down CTRL and press F5 at the same time.
If it's still wingdings after that, let me know.

2011-01-15 7:29 PM
in reply to: #3302013

User image

Seattle

Fixed! Wo-Ho!

I had to figure out how to do a command-F5 on my mac lol. For me that brought up VoiceOver (software that apparently helps visually impaired people use the computer!). Command-R did the trick. Thanks!

2011-01-15 10:06 PM

Hi Team!

Doing a triathlon is my inspiration for getting over knee surgery about a year and a bit ago. The surgery went well, but I fell on the ice about a week after and it has been a bit of a struggle since things got a bit mucked up at that point.

My mind and body are ready now and I can't wait to get going. I know this will be difficult after being quite inactive for so long, but I was a competitive athlete before and feel I am still in decent enough shape to be in a tri this summer.

Nadina

2011-01-15 10:14 PM

User image

Seattle

Alright everyone - I'm off to vacation next week so I may not be on here much. I'm gonna do my best to get some OWS in and I've packed my running shoes. If the cell coverage is any good and I have time I'll post once or twice.

Aloha! - Lauren

2011-01-15 11:34 PM
in reply to: #3301753

User image

New user

Canby
bumbbles21 - 2011-01-15 1:52 PM

What a scenic run! 
2011-01-16 8:23 AM

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada

Hey team!

Here is a nice article about goal setting, which is very important to every training program. I recommend that you write your goals down rather than just think about them because it makes them more real, like a contract to yourself. I have a goal setting worksheet that I fill in every month. If anyone wants a copy of this worksheet send me a private message with your email address. It's a document from CSEP the organization who I have my personal training certification with.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/03b6c8e9#/03b6c8e9/30

2011-01-16 8:31 AM

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tri Curious - closed Rss Feed  

of 26