BT Development Mentor Program Archives » FoggyGoggle's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2012-01-04 7:06 AM
in reply to: #3945983

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: FoggyGog's Mentor Group - Open
Cedar pollen has been kicking my butt for 2012.  Sinus pressure, congestion, itchy eyes and generally feeling like I've been run over.  Never had any sort of allergic reaction in the past so it took me some time to figure out it wasn't a sinus infection.  Took some allergy meds yesterday and feeling much better today.  Plan on getting my first 2012 workout in today.

2012-01-04 7:25 AM

User image

Veteran
N.Ireland

HI foggy is this group still open, if so I'd love to join

Name: Robbie Marsh

Story: Last Jan I got off the couch and started to train for an Oct marathon (dublin), I was going great up until the start of Aug I went from doing 4 mile in 46min to running a half marathon in 1hr 42min and I'd lost 35lb along the way and then the dreaded ITB struck. My running reduced from 40 miles a week to 5 or 6 but with the help of the foam roller I managed to make it the starting line of hte marathon, the pain hit in around 11 miles but I managed to cross the line in 4hr 24 min.

To keep my fitness up I started to take the bike to work and started swimming in the evenings, as my swimming developed I started to think along the lines of tri and the possible 70.3 next year.

Family status: Married, two great kids of 4 & 5 years old

Current training: Swim 1800m four times a week, and try my best to get in 60 min of anerobic training in every day (cycling, running, walking, cross trainor), I also do situps, lunges, squatts and itb stretches

Weight loss: already lost 35lb and at 13st 1b (6' 1") I just want to come down to 12st 8lb.

Plans - I'm looking to run Edingborough and dublin marathon with a few halfs thrown in but that will depend on my itb situation, my main goal is to complete at least one tri this year.

Currently purchasing a bike as I'm currently riding an £80 mountain bike 40 miles a week but this shoudl be sorted in the next couple of weeks.

Goals: 2012 July Oly Tir, 2013 Sept 70.3 (Finishing is my only objective)

Robbie

Edited by Marshpike 2012-01-04 7:28 AM
2012-01-04 7:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Toronto, Canada

Hi Adrian/Foggy,

If there is still room, I would like to join this mentor group (my first one!)

Name- Ryan

Story- I grew up playing team sports like basketball and soccer and occasionally ran a 5k race here and there.  In college, sports was replaced by drinking and partying.  After college, drinking and partying was replaced with work and more work.  I got married and have a 1.5 year old son.  When I started working, my older brother had started doing triathlons (try-a-tri's and sprint distances).  I watched a few and was amazed by what people were doing.  But I thought I could never do something like that...it's for the crazy folk.  

Last year I went to my doctor for a routine checkup and he took my bloor pressure and the reading was 182 over 115.  Based on my family history he wanted to put me on med's very soon.  This struck a nerve, I wasn't even 30 yet, I have a newborn son and if I go on the med's i'll be on it for the rest of my life!

My lifestyle needed a change.  I needed to exercise more so I signed up last year for a sprint duathlon.  I cannot swim (never learned as a child) so the tri was out of the question.  I bought a used road bike and I trained for 3 months and finished under my goal of 2 hours (1:58.20).  I am now hooked on duathlon's (for now) with the goal of learning how to swim and competing in a tri!

2011 season- I participated in the Sprint Duathlon in Guelph Lakes, Ontario, Canada.  Finished in a time of 1:58.20  (my goal was 2 hours).

Family status- Married for 4 years, I have a beautiful 1.5 year old son and 2 dogs (a beagle and shitzu/maltese)

Current training- Due to the weather, I am trying to maintain a decent cardio base but I am doing a lot more weight training.  I do weight training about 3 or 4 times a week and mix up the cardio by doing work n the treadmill or mixing it up with "Insanity" or P90x.  No bike training because I recently sold my road bike and will be getting a new Felt B16 by February (hopefully!).  I am hoping to get the "body" and see my abs for the first time in my life!

2012 goals- Improve my running base.  Based on my numbers from my 1 sprint, I need to work on the run.  Probably need to incorporate more bricks too.

I am aiming to start the season off with a half marathon the beginning of May and throughout the season go from Sprint distances to Olympic and HOPEFULLY finishing the season off with a half iron distance duathlon in September.

2012-01-04 7:58 AM
in reply to: #3969589

User image

Veteran
Waterford, MI.
jesshirekat - 2012-01-03 8:52 PM

Ran again today with some strength training.  Very cold and windy.  I sure do miss the west coast! I need to get my training routine more organized.  Also, took a look at the Mr. Smooth- very cool.  I will be starting my swim training next week.  I need to find a swim buddy too...

What is a brick workout? I'm guessing a building workout, but not sure. 

Thanks- Jesse

Hey Jesse.  Here is the basic info on what a brick workout is.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=125

2012-01-04 8:29 AM
in reply to: #3969267

User image

Austin, Texas
jdutton13 - 2012-01-03 6:15 PM
cajnrunner - 2012-01-03 12:25 PM

Foggy,

I would like to join in on all of this fun too!

Name-Cajnrunner/Stephen

Story-This is my 2nd full season of tri's. I have an athletic background and I am very competitive.  I am an avid runner and am trying to bring the biking and swimming up to a strong level.  I enjoy doing all three sports and feel like they are not 3 different sports but triathlon is a single sport, so I want to work hard at all three in order to do well. 

Family- I am married, almost 8 years!  How she puts up with me I will never know!  I also have to awesome daughters, 19 and 6.  I hope that they can watch the old man, and hopefully understand and see that everything is within your grasp, with alot of hardwork and dedication to ANYTHING that life throws at you.

Training- I have my first ironman in November, IMFL and I am super excited.  I just completed my first marathon in December and plan to build upon that as well as introduce some interval biking and long rides, as well as many hours of swimming to get this goal achieved and make a decent showing for the effort I put into it. 

Good luck with the season and lets meet and exceed all the goals we have set this year!

Congrats on the marathon and getting in to IMFL.  I tried to get in but was to slow, so my 1st 140.3 is going to be IMLO this year.  I'll probably be checking in with you for some running tips.

When the time comes, make sure to post your bib # for IMFL.  I'm going to be there volunteering while a friend of mine races.  I'd like to be able to cheer on a fellow BTer

Good luck with your training.

Josh

Thanks Josh,

I volunteered for IMFL last year and signed up the following morning.  The volunteers at IMFL are absolutely awesome, of course I have no other IM to compare them to but they are super. I really think volunteering is what solidified that I wanted to do an IM.  The atmosphere is infectious.....in a good way!  I will be glad to help out in any way I can and from the looks of our group, we have a wide spectrum of experiences to draw from.

Now, down to business: I ran yesterday (4 miles) and have another run planned for my lunch break today and hopefully I will get a swim in this afternoon after work.  I am always trying to find ways to fit in multiple workouts or just utilize the time I do have available without cutting into valuable family time. For me, the lunch break is a good way to throw down a few miles, at least until the mileage gets too high to fit it in 1 hour.

eta: lunch run complete- 5 miles

Edited by cajnrunner 2012-01-04 12:24 PM
2012-01-04 3:38 PM

User image

Wow! Had my Physical Therapy eval today for that darn IT Band pain that has stopped my running. The news was a bit overwhelming! I have a flat back, tilted pelvis, under active gluts and quads, overactive hammies, hight hips and my knee cap is slightly more lateral than it should be...so all of this has lead to IT Band pain, I suppose it could be way worse! I just decided that I am training for 4 sports now...counting stretching and PT as the 4th!

2012-01-04 5:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Minneapolis

Hey "coach" Foggy! Is there still room in your group?

Name - QueerDrummer / Henry

Story - 34 yrs old. I completed my first Sprint Tri in May 2011 and that's the only tri I've done so far. It went great! I met all my goals and eliminated some fears. My BT Mentor group was a life saver last year & I hope to learn lots more this year. I swam competitively as a kid, but then succumbed to childhood obesity and basically stopped all exercise until 2 years ago. I am still struggling with compulsive eating & recently started working with a dietician, so my food plan is focused on that rather than "ideal training", but I'm making it work!

Family Status - engaged to my partner of 6 years (this month!). He is very supportive, but starts nursing school in 1 week, so I guess I'll have lots of free time to train! lol

Current Training - Not specifically Tri training yet. The next 3 months I am doing a customized resistance plan as part of a group 2012 fitness challenge: weight training 3x/week, swimming 1-2x/week & running (sprinting) 1x/week + trying to fit in yoga & stretching at least once a week. Basically trying to maintain my current fitness in running & swimming, while working on muscle tone & dropping about 10 lbs (ideally). I compete in Tri's not to beat anyone else, but to improve my own health & fitness & to make training FUN!

2011 Season - Competed in my first triathlon (Chain of Lakes Sprint distance) with a finish time of 1:24:56 (600 yd pool swim, 13 mile bike, 2.8 mile run). I placed 128/200 I think, which I'm fine with. Like someone else said, I'm slow but determined. I also ran a few 5Ks and on Thanksgiving I ran my first 10K! In July I had minor surgery, but it kept me out of the pool & away from weight lifting for 3+ months. All I could do was run, but I enjoyed it. Very happy to be back swimming & lifting again though!

Weight Loss - I'm only 5' 4". Currently 165. Race weight last year was 156 and I aim to be back there by May again. Over the last 7 years I've dropped from a whopping 235 (wider than I was tall!) to 155 (lowest weight so far) through diet & exercise. My goal is about 148, ultimately. I've put on some muscle using the P90X workouts, but have lost some of that (and gained some fat) due to surgery.

2012 Races (I would do more if I could afford it!):
January 28: 10K winter run
May 5: Chain of Lakes Sprint Triathlon
August 5: Brewhouse mid-distance Triathlon (.8 mile lake swim, 20.6 mile bike, 5 mile run)
October 27: Great Pumpkin Chase 10K Trail Run

2012 Goals:
prepare for the Brewhouse Triathlon (my new distance - not quite an Olympic I don't think, but that is next!)
P90X2!!! It's in my living room, but I'm not physically ready yet. After the August race I hope to be ready to tackle this beast.

Weaknesses: the bike portion. Last year I thought running was my weakness. I'm slow (depending on training I'm between 11:30 - 10:15 mile pace) and I have a history of lower back pain so I tread cautiously when it comes to the high impact sports. But after training for my first Tri last year, I realized that I boredline hate biking as a sport. LOL Most years I commute to & from work on a single speed (just over a mile each way) & bike for transportation. I LOVE the mechanics of a bicycle as a mode of transportation. But I just don't love biking for the sake of biking. So that is my least favorite part of Tri training. I've come a long way in my running, and slow pace or not, I know I can run 6+ miles without resting/walking. I enjoy it! But ew to biking. Plus, I haven't ridden either of my bikes since last July, so I will have a lot of catching up to do.

2012-01-04 5:13 PM
in reply to: #3970071

User image

New user

Thank jdutton13 for the link.  Last year I did a "brick" every weekend.  I would ride to the pool and swim 400m, then quickly hop on my bike and go as hard and fast for 8 miles, then run 2.5 miles.  I was training for a sprint tri.  Needless to say, it was fun to train like that.  However, after reading the article I will cut back on those type of workouts.

Thanks again.

2012-01-04 5:34 PM

Hi Adrian- I'm in if there is still room.

Name- Ryan

Story- Have been running on and off since high school, a handful of years ago. Had a PR in the 10K 42:20 and mile 5:32. Needless to say, those numbers are far away, but will hopefully be striving for results similar toward the end of the season

2011 season- Haphazard, inconsistent training with some shin splints thrown in. Purchased a tri bike and decided it's time to become consistent and explore triathlons since I enjoy runnng and cycling.

Current training- Has been icy out and am trying to get out more. Goal is to be more consistent.

2012 goals- Improve my running base. Get my weight back to what it was before college. I'm about 5'10" currently weighing in at 204.2 lbs. I want to get back down to around 165-170lbs.  I'm registered for 1 10k (in Feb 18th), sprint tri (buffalo), and a duathalon. 

Aside from being consistent, what I really need to work on is nutrition. If anyone has good recipes, tips, tricks or recommendations- I'm all ears.

Today was a nice < 3 mi run in 26minutes. Will try to upload logs daily.

2012-01-04 7:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Waterford, MI.

I tried to get out for a swim this evening, got to the pool to find out it was closed due to a "Bio-contamination".  That can't be good!!  It looks like today was destined to be a rest day.

2012-01-04 9:54 PM

User image

Logan Ut
So after talking with my wife i am going to start the Sprint 2x 16 week program on Tue of next week this will give me some time to work with her on my swimming before I start.  lookin forward to it.

2012-01-04 10:39 PM

User image

Expert
Finally got a run in tonight.  Wasn't as far as I wanted but I still feel like crap.  Felt worse about not getting out on the street though.  2.5 mile run with congestion....not fun, but done.  Feeling better though so time to get it going.
2012-01-04 11:47 PM

Regular
New York

I'd like to join if there's still space!

Name - Akila

Story - Originally from New Jersey but I go to NYU and spend most of my year in New York City. Most of my races have been in Jersey. Junior in college, third year in triathlon. I've done a couple sprints and a semi-Olympic (longer than a typical sprint, shorter than 51.5) race. My athletic life before triathlons has been mixed and interesting. I took ballet classes for 12 years until my junior year of high school. Senior year I quit dancing because I didn't feel I had the right body for it. Spring of senior year I got into strength training/weight lifting. Mostly just to fit into a prom dress. Then freshman year of college I got into tris. I did the first year mostly on my own, last year was half-coached and this year will probably be "fully" coached through my university. Of the three disciplines I love running the most. My first tri really grabbed my attention because everyone seemed really encouraging and friendly as they all zoomed past me on the bike. 

Family Status - Dating someone but it's not quite a relationship yet.

Current Training - I'm part of the Tri Club at NYU so my workouts mostly come from there before December. After December I usually have a plan I'm starting. Fall was all about perfecting running and swim technique. Right now it's just some easy running, swimming and cycling focusing on form. Officially got "structured" yesterday. Starting a HIM plan (tentative) later this year. 

2011 Season - Sprint Tri that I ran with NYU, charity 5K for autism I do every year that somehow is always on the hottest day of the year in Jersey. I also did a race that was a long sprint in May. (.5 mi swim, 20 mi bike, 4 mi run)

2012 Season - Planned races: two 5Ks one in February, one in July. 170 mi charity Bike ride for MS down the Jersey coastline with my best friend in late May. Olympic Tri with same friend in late July. Probably a sprint-distance race with NYU Tri Club. A somewhat tentative goal is to do the Timberman 70.3 in New Hampshire as my 21st birthday gift to myself (I know it sounds a little crazy). This is dependent on me having the money to register for the race before it fills up. 

Weight loss - I have lost and kept off 10 pounds through college. I have lost and re-gained 15 more. Would like to succeed at losing and keeping off another 20 if I can. But that goal is somewhat secondary in nature. When I am successful at losing weight it's usually on a vegan mostly raw diet. I'm vegan about 80% of the time for personal dietary reasons.  

My biggest issue with training is sticking with a plan and logging my workouts. I'm coached through school, but I need to be accountable to someone or something else regarding workouts to make sure I get them in. I'm hoping the group will provide me the something to be accountable to. 

2012-01-05 8:13 AM
in reply to: #3971255

User image

Austin, Texas

NurseJenny - 2012-01-04 3:38 PM Wow! Had my Physical Therapy eval today for that darn IT Band pain that has stopped my running. The news was a bit overwhelming! I have a flat back, tilted pelvis, under active gluts and quads, overactive hammies, hight hips and my knee cap is slightly more lateral than it should be...so all of this has lead to IT Band pain, I suppose it could be way worse! I just decided that I am training for 4 sports now...counting stretching and PT as the 4th!

Hey Jenny,

I had and sometimes still have issues with my IT band.  I have a friend who is a triggerpoint representative and pointed me towards "the grid" to help roll out my legs.  She also recommended some exercises such as hip adductor and abductor, lunges, and some other hip and glute stretches to help strengthen the support muscles.  Good luck with PT.  I think Foggy has delt with this as well. 

2012-01-05 11:21 AM

Hello, I would like to have you mentor me.

Story:

I turn the big four-oh next month.  Years ago I was very active in sports (not to say I am athletic, I just like to play)  A few years back my father had a heart attack and I noticed myself getting BIGGER.  In January of 2011, I weighed in at 293 lbs.  I decidd to change something about my self each and every month last year.  Mission accomplished.  I quit soda cold turkey in April and started running 2-3 times a week.  In May, when the weather warmed up, I started swimming.  In June, I bought a bike and soon I was running, biking and/or swimming 6 days a week.  I changed my diet completely (Chris Carmichaels Food for Fitness book helpded alot)  I went back to school and that ate up alot of my time so my training has fallen off a bit.

I am married with 3 kids, ages 11, 4 and 8 months.  I have gotten the wife out running with me a bit, and I am working on getting her to do a sprint tri with me.

Current training is nil due to an upper resperitory infection. up until mid December, I was putting 150-200 miles a week on the bike and ~15 running. 

My goal is 4 tri's this year, may, June, July and August.  If I do that, I will be satisfied. 

In August of last year, I was down to 245 lbs but have gained a few back with school (and the holidays).  I need motivation, beating to help me keep the weight off. 

2012-01-05 12:47 PM

New user

Thanks for letting me in.  2012 sounds like it will be a fun year and this will be a great group!  

NAME: John

STORY: About four years ago, my wife and I decided to climb Mt. Whitney for our 10th anniversary.  I was unable to make it to the top.  It shocked me as up until then I always thought I was in good shape.  A few months later, I signed up for a 2009 LA Marathon training program (LA Road Runners).  The training was excellent and I've (sort of) enjoyed running ever since.  Tri's seemed like a natural progression.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for 13+ years with two boys, ages 9 and 10.

CURRENT TRAINING: All three (bike, swim, run) with a greater emphasis on the bike and swim.

RACE HISTORY: LA Marathon in 2009 and 2011 (wife ran it in 2010) with a half dozen 1/2 marathons interspersed between the two.  A bunch of 10K's including the Camp Pendleton Mud Runs (they're a blast).

2012 RACES:  Optimally, Oceanside HIR in March, Orange County 1/2 Marathon and the OC Olympic Tri in May, Pacific Coast Sprint Tri in September, and the NY Marathon in November.  Add a Pendleton Mud Run and a Tough Mudder in June and July for giggles.  IMAZ in 2013.

WEIGHT LOSS: Always a good idea.  Another 10 wouldn't kill me, especially after the holidays.  I've been more careful about what I eat after the runs, which makes a difference.

2012-01-05 2:04 PM

User image

Logan Ut
Just got done doing a nice swim with my wife.  She hasn't given up on me yet.  did about 200-300 yards in the pool.  Worked on my leg work and breathing. so it took some time.  but i had fun and thats all that matters right. 
2012-01-05 2:16 PM

Hi Foggy, is there still room here?  If so, I'd like to join your group!

Name - Chris

Story - I'm 33, played soccer my whole life, and want to experiment with multisport races.  I refuse to admit there will be a time where I'm "too old" for soccer, but just in case I want to find another healthy hobby/sport that I can be passionate about.  (Right now, I've got an ankle injury that I'm nursing.  This is aggravating because I very rarely get injured.  Has my getting "too old" already started? j/k.)  I'm 5'9' and about 175, which is the heaviest I've ever been.  Recent weight gain has slowed me down - both physically and motivationally.  I'm the most out of shape than I've ever been in my life and I want to "nip it in the bud" before it gets out of hand.  My aging and metabolism have caught up with me and I'm ready to make a change.

Family - Married for 3.5 years and have a 13-month old girl.  I try to convince myself that I've gained "sympathy" weight, but the truth is that I've just been lazy.

Current Training - none except for soccer.  And that's non existent right now because of my ankle.  Traditionally, I've just run for exercise.  As a soccer player, that's just what we do.  But that's awfully boring!

History - I did my first tri on 10/10/10 with 2 of my sisters.  It was a sprint.  And thank god they shortened the swim at the last minute to 300 yds (from 600) because swimming is my weakest link and gives me a little bit of anxiety.  I'm a decent swimmer in terms of not being afraid to drown - I think my anxiety comes from me being severely inefficient in the water and not being able to keep up with competitors.  I took the '11 season off because of soccer.  I'm looking to get back into another few tris because I really enjoyed myself at my first one.

Goals - Get back to 160 lbs.  Do at least 2 sprint tris.  Improve my swimming so that I'm comfortable at least registering for an Olympic distance tri.

Thanks for reading!  My sister turned me onto this site and recommended that I join a group.  She's doing a 70.3 this year and asked me to join her.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet, but that depends on my swimming and my ankle!

Edited by foxcmf 2012-01-05 2:19 PM
2012-01-05 2:32 PM
in reply to: #3971255

User image

Veteran
N.Ireland

Jenny I am an ITB sufferer as well but I appear to be managing through it, I wouldn't be too worried about what the physical Therapy out come was as no one is built perfect but here's a few tips that definately helped me get back to running:

- Foam roller 40 times each leg morn night, this breaks up the scar tissue

- Ice 15 min after rolling, flushes out the old scar tissue and brings in fresh blood and nutrients into the damaged area

- Run on the opposite side of the road (this was a big help), if your shortest leg has the longest distance to travel your hip drops and your knee turns inwards, this in turn flicks your itb across your knee which causes inflamation

- I lift weights on my glutes on a mulity hip machine 3 times a week, 3 sets of 20, 40kg, 45kg and 50kg

- 3 times a week I do 3 sets of 10 lunges and squatts

- Don't run consecutive days

- Wear to pro-tech itb strap (look on amazon at the reviews, eye opener) this holds your itb in place and reduces friction (I have been in pain, tighten up strap and pain just dissappears allowing me to complete my distance)

Seems like a lot but its habit now, I have also got custom made orthotics made as I have zero arches in my feet therefore I severely over pronate which again causes my knee to turn in, I've broken them into my working shoes and just about to intergrate them into my running so hopefully this will be the cure for me.

I couldn't run 5 miles without a flare up but now I can go out on long runs with no issue, as long as I don't run consecutive days.

Also a good pointer is to fartlek, I walk 4 min at 15min pace then run a minute as hard you can, continue this two to three times a week for around 40 min, it actually improves your running speed and fitness whilst managing ITB.

Just like to add I only got into fitness last year so all of the above is not professional advice, I've just picked up what I've read from books internet etc and found what works for me.

Edited by Marshpike 2012-01-06 8:41 AM
2012-01-05 4:42 PM
in reply to: #3973198

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-01-05 5:15 PM

Champion
Chicago
I would like to be mentored by a few of you boys Surprised but I never follow through with the mentor groups and I am back to the starting blocks with an injury.  So wayyyy to advance for NRG but I will keep my eye on this group and read along! 

2012-01-05 5:23 PM
in reply to: #3967073

Selena - I am amazed by people who are runners like you!  I have always been a good swimmer and biker (although mostly mt biking), but the running thing does not come easy for me!  I am working toward my first sprint tri in May then hoping for an olympic one in June.  The running part scares me!  Did you enjoy running from the beginning?  I hear so many people talk about the "runners high".... but I have never found it! = (  I am working at it though!

For swimming, this may sound crazy but it really works wonders - swim with your clothes ON!  Seriously, put a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt over your swim suit.  The clothes really put a lot of extra weight on you, but once you shed them it will feel like your flying!  You will find very quickly that after a while of doing this, jump in the water for a regular swim and you will have much more endurance since you won't be pulling so much wet clothes weight with you.

Stacey

2012-01-05 5:42 PM

Veteran
Waterford, MI.
Hey Jenny.  Wow we've got quite a few ITBS sufferers in this group.  I've also had some experience with it in the past.  Foam roller and PT did a good job but didn't quite get me all the way there.  Then I started to do yoga.  That made a huge difference for me.  After quite some time in PT and only finding partial relief, yoga cleared it up in about two weeks.  Specifically "The Athletes Guide to Yoga" DVD.  They have a dedicated yoga workout for ITBS.
2012-01-05 6:30 PM

YAY BlaserB - that's GREAT! Glad you and your wife are able to work something out so you can train! Lately I've been going to the gym during the day and my wife has been going after she gets off work. She doesn't even come home - says it's too easy to stay there an not go back out to the gym. She comes home later and it puts dinner behind our normal schedule, but that's fine.

My swim coach has been out of town, so I haven't been to the pool this week. He'll be back next week, so I'll be able to work out with him again then. Been running and biking on the trainer a lot and I feel better about myself. Don't know if I've lost any weight yet, but no worries - I'll keep working out!

2012-01-05 7:03 PM

New user

Subject: Funny Story

Tonight I decided to go to the pool for the first time this year.  I was siked to get things going after I read some of the tips found on the Mr Smooth website.  I rode my bike to the pool only to find it was closed... Are you kidding??!! I looked through the windows and the main lap pool was drained of water.  Nothing posted on the door or the website explaining why.  So I decided it was time to do some biking.  So I pettled for 5 miles as hard as I could on my mountain bike (full suspension), then came home and took off on a 2.25 mile run.  I felt good that I just adapted to the situation and still got a good workout.  As a matter of fact, I felt so good that when I came back home I signed up for the NYC March Madness Duathalon held in central Park... Ok that wasn't too funny, but that's my story.  Hope everyone is hanging in there and training hard.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » FoggyGoggle's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 32