Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2010-07-06 6:03 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
United States of Tara, Rescue Me, Big Love, and whatever the hot show on Nickelodeon is!

2010-07-06 6:23 PM
in reply to: #2964123

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
I used to watch the TDF religiously growing up...it was a family thing.  But haven't really watched it much in recent years.  Right now, I'm all about World Cup, it's very nerve wracking for me, and have a hard time actually watching the game, kind of like watching a horror movie through the fingers of your hand.  Today I kept track via the fifa tracker and am thrilled with the outcome!

Aside from world cup, I to enjoy SYTYCD, Big Bang Theory as well as Modern Family and much to my surprise Couger Town.  I enjoy anything Law & Order but my guilty pleasure is True Blood.
2010-07-07 10:34 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I guess being in Austin, it's a big bike town and we have been inundated with Lance for years.  I root for him but I've met him and he is kind of an a$$ so I am not really much of a fan. 

Wife got me into How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family.  Those are the only sitcoms I watch.  Diehard baseball (Tx Rangers) fan so watch a lot of that, as well as hockey and football.  I used to be a big Law and Order person for the original show back in the 90s but lost interest.  I can't/don't watch any police or law related shows anymore, so that really limits what I can watch.  I like weird/unique shows.  Heroes - cancelled , Fringe, Flash Forward - cancelled ...I am noticing a trend.  I've come to accept that these unique shows tend to be canceled much quicker. 
2010-07-07 10:43 AM
in reply to: #2965623

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Fringe was cancelled???  I'm all sad now, I love that show!

Edit:  Phew...just did a search and it will be back this fall, you scared me! 

Edited by corstan 2010-07-07 10:49 AM
2010-07-07 10:51 AM
in reply to: #2965658

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Don't do that...you made me go back and re-read my post.  No Fringe is safe...heroes and flash forward were canceled.  Sorry bout that!
2010-07-07 10:57 AM
in reply to: #2965677

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-07-07 10:51 AM Don't do that...you made me go back and re-read my post.  No Fringe is safe...heroes and flash forward were canceled.  Sorry bout that!

John has felt that way about the shows he has really liked being cancelled.  He really liked Heroes too. 

2010-07-07 11:18 AM
in reply to: #2965704

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
It always baffles me that really great, well written quality shows get cancelled(I'm still upset about Arrested Development) and shows like According to Jim continue on year after year.
2010-07-07 12:51 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I know, it's sad...but it's all about the masses.  I never saw AD but I had always heard great things about it.  I hate to say it, but I think smart writing goes over the head of too many people.  Modern Family is very well written in my opinion, so I am afraid it might not last long.  But it has gotten lots of good reviews and press, so maybe it will stick around. 

ps - I hit 200lbs exactly today on my quest to get into the 100s.  Been probably close to 8yrs since I've seen this weight.
2010-07-07 3:12 PM
in reply to: #2966112

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Awesome, Tim!  Congrats!  I remember when I hit the 200# mark, and I felt great.  It's all about the small goals, though!  keep up the great work!  It motivates me to push for the 175 that is eluding me right now (that's not the end of the road, but it's my next minor goal!)
2010-07-07 3:46 PM
in reply to: #2966112

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
chichitao - 2010-07-07 10:51 AM
ps - I hit 200lbs exactly today on my quest to get into the 100s.  Been probably close to 8yrs since I've seen this weight.

Wuhoo! good job and congrats, that must feel great!!
2010-07-09 7:53 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
What is everyone up to this weekend?

Tim...you are racing, right?  Good luck!  Can't wait to hear about it.

We are back to the shore today after work.  Our nephew's first birthday is being celebrated there!

2010-07-09 1:28 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I think Pete is the only one racing tomorrow.  He'll be racing his first...good luck Pete!

This is one of those, we don't really have anything big planned weekend, but have a lot of errands and small things to do that we've been putting off.  Wife and I are gonna do date night tomorrow and go see Toy Story.  Tonight though, not sure if this is everywhere or just here, but Chick Fil A is doing a promotion (cow appreciation day) where if you dress up like a cow you get a free combo meal.  Wife and I are so gonna do it.  We love that place and can eat some what healthy compared to other places.  You don't have to go crazy dressed up, but they have some pages you can print out off their website that have cow spots and you can tape it to yourself and that will count.  Why not right?  It's free! 

Will get in a trainer interval ride later today, tomorrow is my long run, and then a ride on Sun.  Have a good weekend.

Edited by chichitao 2010-07-09 1:31 PM
2010-07-09 1:39 PM
in reply to: #2971314

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-07-09 1:28 PM I think Pete is the only one racing tomorrow.  He'll be racing his first...good luck Pete!

This is one of those, we don't really have anything big planned weekend, but have a lot of errands and small things to do that we've been putting off.  Wife and I are gonna do date night tomorrow and go see Toy Story.  Tonight though, not sure if this is everywhere or just here, but Chick Fil A is doing a promotion (cow appreciation day) where if you dress up like a cow you get a free combo meal.  Wife and I are so gonna do it.  We love that place and can eat some what healthy compared to other places.  You don't have to go crazy dressed up, but they have some pages you can print out off their website that have cow spots and you can tape it to yourself and that will count.  Why not right?  It's free! 

Will get in a trainer interval ride later today, tomorrow is my long run, and then a ride on Sun.  Have a good weekend.

You are nuts!  I just saw that on facebook.  Please take pictures!  Logan yells "fries!" when we drive past Chick Fil A!
2010-07-09 1:39 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-07-09 1:28 PM I think Pete is the only one racing tomorrow.  He'll be racing his first...good luck Pete!

Oh and I was thinking it was the other Tim racing.
2010-07-09 1:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

silly double post...edited the one on the next page:-)

Edited by corstan 2010-07-09 1:52 PM
2010-07-09 1:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
chichitao - 2010-07-09 11:28 AM I think Pete is the only one racing tomorrow.  He'll be racing his first...good luck Pete!

That sounds like too much fun, I don't know the restuarant, but I would be game to dress up like that for fun.

Pete, Good luck on your race this weekend, you'll do great

Me, pretty much doing a repeat of last weekend, except for Sunday I'll be rushing home after my run to watch the world cup finals!  Hup Hup Holland!!  and we might take in a local tattoo expo, I've always wanted one, just haven't found the right thing to permanently etch on my body yet:-)

Edited by corstan 2010-07-09 1:51 PM

2010-07-09 2:30 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey

Sandra...how has the leg been?

2010-07-09 3:19 PM
in reply to: #2971433

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Mrschach - 2010-07-09 12:30 PM

Sandra...how has the leg been?

It has been pretty good as of late, I haven't been pushing real hard on the running and on the advice of my husband, I have downgraded my marathon slated for October to a half and I will do a full one in the spring instead(already registerd and paid for).  I'm now training with the half marathon clinic my husband is leading and slowly working up the miles and speed.  It was really frustrating losing so much of what I had gained from my run training since January, it goes to show how quickly you can lose that stamina if you don't keep at it.
2010-07-12 8:02 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Well, I have officially joined the ranks of all you triathletes out there!  Saturday was my first race, and it was AMAZING!  I will be writing a race report as soon as I can find the official times posted somewhere online.  But here's a bit of a recap.  *SPOILER: This contains some surprising numbers!*

I woke up early for the race, because I wanted to get there nice and early, get a good parking spot, set up my TA, and walk through the exits and entrances before a big crowd got there.  I managed to do that, but ended up having so much time that nerves started to get to me.  I was lucky in terms of where my rack was (it was done by bib number, and I was 032), so I was in the first row, so finding my spot was no problem.  I did a really short warm up so as to not waste too much energy, and got in the water.  The lake was nice and warm, so it was perfect.  Weather was also incredible.  As they gave us the 1 minute warning, me and a few other first timers all got the "what the hell am I doing here" idea in our head, but we all headed out anyways.

Swim went far better than expected (especially considering last week).  I stayed on the outside, which was a bit of a mistake, as I got a fair bit off course, and probably swam an extra 50m or so.  But it went really well over all.  I came into T1, and I heard someone in the crowd (which was awesome, btw) telling some other athlete that we were at around 14:25, which really surprised me, as I was hoping for a 16-18min swim.  But I thought nothing of it, and decided to keep pushing hard.  After the fact, a friend of mine told me he thought I was 17th out of the water (WAY better than expected/planned).  T1 went well, no glaring errors, other than putting my sock on upside down, but that didn't bother me.  

Bike went really well.  I don't know if it was my properly inflated tires or what, but I was flying.  I bought a pressure gauge and actually measured my tired before the race, and I have been riding on severely under-pressure tires.  The course was rolling hills from the beginning to the end, a 10k out and back.  It went really well.  I managed to pass what ended up being, if everyone's count was right, around 10-12 people.  T2 went super fast.  Had my shoes off before I came in, so it was just racking my bike and slipping on my shoes.  Coming out of T2, someone yelled at me that I was in 7th, with 6th in my sights.

Here's where I need my work.  My run went pretty well, and pretty much as well as possible.  I managed to keep it under 5'00"/km for the whole run, which is great, but I lost a lot of time on everyone else.  There were times that I wanted to stop, but kept pushing through, and finished the run strong.  One of my problems is that, for the last 1.5k, there was no one within reach of me, and no one was going to catch me, so I had little incentive to push myself hard.  I finished with about 400m of sprinting, and probably could have upped that.  I had no idea how much energy adrenaline can give you!

Now, this was a charity tri, so the level of competition wasn't THAT high, but there were still some pretty elite athletes there.   If you did the math, you will know that I believe I was 9th to cross the finish line.  Due to the wave start, though, my ranking overall was 20TH!!!!  6th in my AG.  I finished in 1:15:29.  I was hoping for under 1:30:00, so...  I am SUPER HAPPY!!!

I hope everyone else had a decent weekend, because I know that I had a great one!!!  

I also just won my work's weight loss contest.  $400 coming my way!  Yahoo!!!!! 
2010-07-12 9:01 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Wow Pete, you had one awesome weekend!  Way to go at that race and I really can't imagine the first time going much better.  Are you addicted now? 

So, we know how Pete is feeling today , how is everyone else doing?  I had a good productive weekend.  Got all the errands done I needed to, got a lot of stuff done around the house, and got in 2 good bike rides and a long run.  About to go donate blood here in about 45min.  They say no strenuous workouts for 24hrs after, but I brought my swim gear to do a super easy swim after work today.  Hope that goes well. 

Sports wise, not a great weekend.  Was pulling for the dutch in soccer (they lost), lance tanked and had some horrible bad luck in the tour and is no longer a contender, and my rangers just lost 4 in a row to the worst team in baseball!  But that is part of being a fan I guess.  This is a new week. 
2010-07-12 9:19 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey

Weekend was ok, not the greatest.  We were at the shore again but it was rainy on Saturday.  We got up to the boards with all the kids for a bike ride, walk, jog.  I was running to keep up with my Joe on his bike!  I don't know if I had a bug, another gall bladder attack, or dehydration issues but I had a rough weekend!  Then my youngest, Logan, woke up with a fever yesterday morning but seemed ok.  We had to go to one of the waterparks at the beach for my nephew's birthday party.  Logan fell asleep on me in one of the pools and then slept on me for almost 2 hours.  It was kind of a wasted day for me and him at the water park.  I ended up leaving and taking him back to the house early where we both napped and then he woke up with an even higher fever.  The best part of the weekend was both boys sleeping for the whole 90 minute ride home yesterday!

Today is my rest day on the marathon plan and I plan on taking it.  I will probably do a 30 minute core workout tonight but that is it.  Tomorrow is back up early for a run before the boys wake up!  I hope to keep up with my early mornings until the runs get crazy long.

2010-07-12 9:20 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Pete...Great job on the race this weekend!!!  When is the next one?
2010-07-12 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2974761

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Meggan, sorry to hear about your weekend!  Sounds like you could use a rest day, and you should definitely take advantage!

My next race is on August 7th.  Like I said, I don't expect to do as well (placement wise) as I did this weekend, but I hope to have a good time, none the less.

I may go back to the cottage next weekend as a friend is doing a race.  We'll see if she actually wants me there!   
2010-07-12 10:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Pete, great job on your Tri!  It is nice when all the hard work culminates and great results are the reward.  Bask in the glory for a while, you earned it

Meggan sorry about your weekend, doesn't sound like to much fun, but a 90 minute car ride with sleeping kids sounds like a dream...I didn't know that could happen.  Hopefully you are all feeling better today.

I had a mish mash weekend.  After saying last week that my calf was doing great, I had a bit of a set back while doing a warm up for a body sculpting class on Saturday.  The muscles seized up again and thwarted my plan to do the Grouse Grind.  Instead I took our daughter along and we took the tram up while everyone else did the climb, and just hung out at the top. It was still a nice time, but not the one I was hoping for.  Sunday morning I decided to venture out for my long slow run even though there was still some calf pain from the day before and it went fine, I ran with our BOP and all was good.   After the run, we headed home to watch the world cup game, and boy was I depressed when it was all over, my team lost    Decided to cheer myself up with cooking dinners for the next couple of days, and then headed up to the lake to meet up with some friends and let the kids swim.

2010-07-12 11:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
That sucks about your calf!  But given the circumstances, it sounds like you had a lovely weekend!  A salvaged weekend is better than a bad weekend, that's for sure!

I just got my official times, and I was actually 16th overall, 6th in AG.  My splits were pretty good.  39th in the swim, 9th (wth???) in the bike, and 63rd in the run.  This gives me a good idea of what I have to work on, so that's good!  I'm still pretty excited about my bike!  I can't believe it!  Also, my T2 time was 5 seconds slower than the fastest T2 time.  Not bad for never practicing a transition before race day! 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103