BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2010-09-06 5:01 PM
in reply to: #2778561

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED
Alex - going into it with the finish it standing and have fun is the best way to go! You'll do great

2010-09-07 7:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Wilson - here's my latest inspiration...from a blog post my trainer forwarded me for a little "push"!

When I say, "bust your a$$!" I mean, "bust your a$$!" If you don't believe me, then do it half-a$$ed, report back to me and lemmie know how that worked out for you...

Camo

So...WATCH OUT! You better be busting your a$$
2010-09-08 10:31 PM
in reply to: #3086332

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2010-09-07 8:40 PM Wilson - here's my latest inspiration...from a blog post my trainer forwarded me for a little "push"!

When I say, "bust your a$$!" I mean, "bust your a$$!" If you don't believe me, then do it half-a$$ed, report back to me and lemmie know how that worked out for you...

Camo

So...WATCH OUT! You better be busting your a$$

Wow, you're in the hands of a crazy person!!!!  I'm worried for you!  I would think a body like that would be years to sculpt...I'm probably wrong, but that is pure dedication....what is she 6% body fat or less.  I wish I lived closer and I'd come photograph your competition and we could do some studio work with "correct" lighting to add dimension for your portfolio/blog pics.....B&Ws would be really cool!!  Maybe we should plan an intervention program to rescue you from the dominatrix..(isn't that stockholm syndrome or something like that?)....sooner rather than later.  haha.  I think Hilde knows has all the info in her bookmarked favorites...since she's quite expedient on providing material in that area!!!  Hilde, you can lead the intervention....since you know all about this dominatrix struff.. haha  It's 11:30PM and I need to get to bed...these workouts till 11:00 are killers.
2010-09-09 12:50 AM
in reply to: #3088448

User image

Extreme Veteran

Camo

Wilson, keep up the hard work, buddy, and you'll look like that in no time! ;-
2010-09-09 6:00 PM
in reply to: #3088511

User image

Veteran
LOL! Yeah, I'm not going to look ANYTHING like that - she (the dominatrix!) was just poking fun at me because I was complaining about my abs being non-existant and telling me that if I busted my a$$ enough it would be worth it...LOL! She's sick in the head, NUTS! And, you're right...I think Hilde should lead the intervention, she does seem to have a handle on this sort of thing!
2010-09-10 8:40 PM
in reply to: #3090224

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

2010-09-10 8:53 PM

User image

Veteran
LOL! Hilde you're a nut! Thanks for the entertainment! I think Wilson is going to feel left out - LOL!
2010-09-11 9:44 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
OMG - Hilde!  You are hilarious!!!  I especially loved the part about the carbs ... Marsha you know you love that cake and enjoy the ice cream dripping down your hot body!!!  LMAO 

I love this group! 

BTW - I've got a question/problem maybe someone has an idea for me ....  I've noticed the past couple of long rides and/or bricks that one of my feet seems to swell up and "fill up" the shoe and it's painful.  I'm starting to worry about being able to do 25 miles on the bike and then run.  Today I did 15 miles and then ran and had to cut the run short after 3 miles because my foot hurt so much!  My toes seem jammed up against the front of the shoe (only one foot) and the ball of my foot hurts too, like it needs more padding or something.  My shoes aren't even that old.  I think it's because of this stinking HEAT - which, by the way, I'm getting darn sick and tired of!  (It's supposed to have a heat index of 103 today!).  Should I get new shoes that are a half size bigger? Or does anyone use some sort of cushion insert?  I've got a sprint tri next weekend and then 2 weeks till the Big Dance.  I'm feeling really nervous about the longer distance and my foot.
2010-09-11 3:48 PM
in reply to: #3092589

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Ooh Peggy, sorry to hear about the foot problems... I hope it's just the heat.  I don't know what to tell you, I haven't had that happen to me, can you loosen the laces a bunch on that one foot?  Sounds like maybe you are getting a hot spot on the bike and that makes it worse on the run.  Maybe check your cleat position on your bike shoes.  I hate to see you go out and buy shoes too big and the problem resolve itself in the meantime.  Hopefully you'll have a cold front blow through before the big Dance!!
2010-09-11 8:51 PM
in reply to: #3092851

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
I agree with Hilde about loosening the laces on your shoes.
I use to have my laces too tight and it made things very uncomfortable. Just go down your whole shoe loosening all the laces and see if it helps.
Good luck!
2010-09-11 9:48 PM
in reply to: #3092851

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
You're probably right about the "hot spot" cuz it starts on the bike.  And it seemed to start with long bike rides and now with a bike ride and a run afterwards.  I don't wear bike shoes, just my running shoes.  Any advice on the hot spot? 

2010-09-12 5:04 PM
in reply to: #3093211

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Only advice I can give on the hot spot is to try different tensions on your shoe laces and see if it helps.  Maybe different socks too?  I wear dry fit socks, love 'em.
2010-09-12 5:45 PM

User image

Expert
*drive-by posting*

Hi gang-- it's been a crazy and stressful week; I'm hoping things even out tomorrow after some SLEEP...just wanted to say hi, congratulate Turtle for a no-doubt AWESOME Oly, laugh at Marsha's intervention (peace out, man), and promise that I'll get to reading all your lovely inspires and replying with some of my own then, honest!

Peggy, x2 on loosening your laces, particularly if you're wearing your running shoes on the bike. Good wicking socks are important as well-- are the shoes supportive enough for you on the run? If not, might it be time for new running shoes before the Big Dance? Just a thought.

*hugs all the fabulous MMMers*

*exits with some speed*
2010-09-12 5:53 PM
in reply to: #3092366

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2010-09-10 9:53 PM LOL! Hilde you're a nut! Thanks for the entertainment! I think Wilson is going to feel left out - LOL!

Don't feel left out at all....But I was LMAO during the entire video...Hilde is an animation fun video QUEEN!!!  I think she likes us....can you imagine the videos she could make if she didn't like us!  HEHE.  So Marsha, do you flinch at the crack of a whip......cccccccrrrrraackkkkkkk!!!!  Laughing 
2010-09-12 6:00 PM
in reply to: #3094000

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2010-09-12 6:45 PM *drive-by posting*

Hi gang-- it's been a crazy and stressful week; I'm hoping things even out tomorrow after some SLEEP...just wanted to say hi, congratulate Turtle for a no-doubt AWESOME Oly, laugh at Marsha's intervention (peace out, man), and promise that I'll get to reading all your lovely inspires and replying with some of my own then, honest!

Peggy, x2 on loosening your laces, particularly if you're wearing your running shoes on the bike. Good wicking socks are important as well-- are the shoes supportive enough for you on the run? If not, might it be time for new running shoes before the Big Dance? Just a thought.

*hugs all the fabulous MMMers*

*exits with some speed*

I haven't had quite that problem, but if I don't use thin dry-wick type sox my feet get uncomfortable and tight.  Maybe stop by the running store ask them what they think and buy some running sox - can't hurt to give that a try.  Another tid bit of help might be to run faster so you're not in pain as long - imagine a raged beast chasing you down, it helps me....hahaTongue out
2010-09-12 6:47 PM

User image

Veteran
:WAVE: hello all! Just a quick hey..I've been out of town all weekend at a continuing education class so I can keep my PT license current. So, I've got a million things to catch up with here at home! I got a workout in on Saturday after class (will post to my log later) and today was a day off My birthday was Saturday and we're going out to dinner tomorrow night with the inlaws so I will not be back until Tuesday to catch up!

Have a great week!

2010-09-12 7:51 PM
in reply to: #3094114

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hello from Washington, DC! Just relaxing after my big dance. I had a great time- everything went pretty much as expected. The only fly in the ointment was rain; heavy in the early morning, then a light drizzle throughout the race. Transition was a mudpit, but temps were perfect for racing, and the water was a very nice 76 degrees. I expected to finish around 3:15, and came in at 3:12 with a smile on my face, so I'm happy. Catching an early flight home tomorrow; will post race report later.Happy birthday, Marsha! Peggy, I'm handing the Rock the Oly torch to you, babe, so get that shoe issue sorted out! Maybe a new pair of shoes is what you need.Have a great week everybody!Turtle
2010-09-13 4:23 PM
in reply to: #3094259

User image

Extreme Veteran
2010-09-14 7:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
We need an MMM group meet up.  We should all plan a Triathlon in Las Vegas - late spring....That would be a hoot.  We could fly in Thursday - get acquainted...limit the beer.  Ride the course on Friday.....Drink water Friday.....Race Saturday morning and party like animals Saturday night into Sunday morning.....Then recover on the flights home......

We could compete in the following categories

Max number of consecutive 1 beer bongs
Total volume of beer drinking in a keg stand
Farthest exorcist puking
Who can blow chunks through their nose
and end with - who can walk the line!!!

OH yeah...the last competition...POLE DANCING......and maybe Marsha with the whip...instructed by Hilde since she is so experienced in this area!! haha

Any takers???

It'll be a friendly fun full of memories!!!! 

2010-09-14 7:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Now THAT sounds fun! Hey, we could have the final show-down on the "guns" contest so we could prove once and for all that bodybuilding is better than P90X!
2010-09-14 9:11 PM
in reply to: #3098872

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
We could have a round of arm posing with a leather biting (don't get excited Hilde) arm wrestling contest...Hey, I'm ready to go....Already told the wife we all were heading out...she's game...although I think she said I've lost my mind.....But, I don't think she misses the old Wilson!!!  I'm the new and improving!!!  heheTongue out

2010-09-14 9:42 PM
in reply to: #3098985

User image

Extreme Veteran
I'm in!! Vegas is a 45 min flight from here. And, I'm pretty sure I could take Wilson in an arm-wrestling contest!
2010-09-15 8:27 AM
in reply to: #3099037

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
FYI I don't drink.  USED to... a LOT, I was a real party girl, but when I finally realized that my life was revolving around where my next drink was coming from, I quit and now it's been 11 years!  I guess I could be the designated driver, ha ha!!  I actually STILL avoid situations where there will be a lot of drinking.  Hubby and I have a dinner party group with 2 other couples and it's all good until after dinner when the wine really hits everyone (but me) and they start to get stupid.  Then I count the minutes until we can leave.  Vegas would be a trip though!!  I think the drinking should start immediately off the plane, in the airport... I want you all hung over so I can beat you all!!!
2010-09-15 5:57 PM
in reply to: #3099431

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2010-09-15 9:27 AM FYI I don't drink.  USED to... a LOT, I was a real party girl, but when I finally realized that my life was revolving around where my next drink was coming from, I quit and now it's been 11 years!  I guess I could be the designated driver, ha ha!!  I actually STILL avoid situations where there will be a lot of drinking.  Hubby and I have a dinner party group with 2 other couples and it's all good until after dinner when the wine really hits everyone (but me) and they start to get stupid.  Then I count the minutes until we can leave.  Vegas would be a trip though!!  I think the drinking should start immediately off the plane, in the airport... I want you all hung over so I can beat you all!!!

Awesome for you Hilde!!!!  Thanks for sharing that - my bother wasn't so lucky as to stop on his own.  He spent 2 months on a ventilator as a result of a drunk driving accident and I was preparing his eulogy and trying to figuring out what to tell his kids -- but fortunately he pulled through!  He was a major part of my inspiration to take my life back.  He just went back to work after 8 months and his life is more or less upside-down and he and his wife are trying to repair things.  So, I get it from an observers point of view.

But, believe it or not I can be just about as crazy sober or drunk (so i might annoy you either way!!)..haha...So it really doesn't matter to me.. haha I usually plan my drunks way in advance - only about 1 or 2 a year.

So let's go to VEGAS in the spring!!!!  It'd be fun!  I think i'd be cool to have all you girls cheer me on while I finish, since I may be near the back....But..... we can have Marsha pick me up and fireman carry me across the finish line..yelling "body building is harder than P90X" LMAO.  If I'd hang with this gang I'd have to get a "cute outfit" haha...
2010-09-15 6:00 PM
in reply to: #3099037

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
tstl - 2010-09-14 10:42 PM I'm in!! Vegas is a 45 min flight from here. And, I'm pretty sure I could take Wilson in an arm-wrestling contest!

Marsha's gunna carry me accross the finish line while Hilde cracks the whip and Turtle rips my arm off....this is sounding like a real good plan......What about everyone else???  Abuse Wilson, it's fun.....a bunch of bullies!!!  LMAO  Next Marsha will bring her one arm clap push-up dominatrix to abuse me too......  I'm starting to feel at home here! 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 41