BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-07-04 9:38 PM
in reply to: #4294673

New user
Wauwatosa, WI
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!

Feeling the same way, I rode 20 miles on my mountain bike (just to mix it up) to my sister in laws in 100 degree weather, had lunch, showered and then let her drive me home-I really wanted to get back on the bike but knew I should relax. 

Can't wait for Racine

Quincy, sorry it's sold out- it would have been fun to race with you.

Rob

2012-07-05 8:14 AM
in reply to: #4294346

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
oriolepwr - 2012-07-04 12:16 PM
quincyf - 2012-07-03 6:06 PM
Lesandtj - 2012-07-03 12:04 PM

Added a couple of races. Looks like we will all be training hard in August, but not much racing.

July 8th  Missoula half mary-   TJ        Lake Zurich Oly- Dave

July 14   Zootown Sprint - TJ  

July 15   Racine 70.3   Todd, Rob and Quincy   

July 22    Sprint tri- need name!  -Alicia        Door County 70.3 -Mike and  Dave

July 22    NJ sprint  -Tom

July 28   South Shore Tri (sprint) - Quincy (Dave???)

August 26  Chicago Tri (sprint) - Dave, Quincy

Sept 8    Garden City Oly - TJ

Sept 9   Ironman-WI - Quincy

Oct- Austin 70.3    Sarah

Oct 7   Chicago Marathon-   Quincy, Alicia, Dave

OMG, I finally got babysitting figured out plus my confidence to do the swim, and BLAM, Racine sold out! Can you believe it??? I might take the kids up to spectate though...who knows.

Ah Q  ugh   How frustrating.  :-(    

I see there are still transfers available for Door.    Maybe spectate/Cheer Chris at Racine  then race with me and Mike at Door County??   Expensive last minute option I know,  but would be a blast and you would get your Half Iron in.      COme to think of it,  what would be a true maniacal thing to do is for Chris to race BOTH!  ha   two 70.3 in 2 weeks.     Bring on Ironman huh!   C-R-A-Z-Y     but maybe in a good way?

Aww crap. I just got an email from door county saying that Transfers are not allowed any longer. Bummer!
2012-07-05 8:41 AM
in reply to: #4292368

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
mjh1975 - 2012-07-03 9:50 AM
oriolepwr - 2012-07-02 8:51 PM
Sarah73 - 2012-07-02 8:28 PM

It sounds like there are some big races coming up!! So, is this right so far:

Racine HIM: Todd, Rob, and Quincy

Missoula Half marathon: TJ

Any other races coming up...please post so we can cheer you on!! I don't have anything in the near future, but I did just sign up for the Austin HIM in October. I'm on week four of the 20 week training plan, but I sort of skipped the first two weeks...oh well!!

Yes Sarah great thought    let's keep adding to the upcoming race list.

July 15   Racine 70.3   Todd, Rob and Quincy   (Matt are you doing this?)

July 22    Sprint tri- need name!  -Alicia        Door County 70.3 -Mike and  Dave

Let's keep editing this list and add everyone's events to it    I for one could use a ton of cheering on.   so let's do this thing..   Don't be shy 

Morning All

As far as the race set for the rest of the year for me I only have one left (as of now).  Naperville Sprint Tri on 05 AUG.  I am looking into the Chicago HAlf Mary in Sept and also I saw that TriRock open Lake Geneva in September.  Anyone have input on Lake Geneva for Tri's?  My only times up there consisted of drinking and BBQ'ing. 

DAVE, any suggestions for a good race in September?

Matt Me and Q just did Bigfoot in Lake Geneva

Don't know if the Tri rock version uses the same course or not. The area has plenty of hills, though for Bigfoot it was mostly flat.

Pretty sure you will be on some other run course, which is a good thing.

That off road trail run thing at Bigfoot is not my idea of a good run course.  The lake however is really great.

Temp upper 70's And clear.   You can see the bottom while you swim, So that's nice.

I'm not sure but I think you can still get into the sprint distance of the Chicago Triathlon if you want. Its the last weekend in August. Its the largest tri in the world. . It would be a great experience. And i think you are ready for it. You could race it with me and Q!  But if you want to do it you have to act fast, They are down to the last few spots.

Sept. how about volunteering at IM-Wi??? Its not racing but its quite the experience!

Ive raced the Chicago half mary before. I enjoyed it. I'm sure you will too. 

A huge fast 5k with the areas fastest runners Is the Park Ridge charity classic. Its held on Sept 22. When i ran that a couple years ago i got a PR out of it and got to see one of the best USA female runners Tera Moody go through her warm ups, run etc. and chat with her after the race.  That was cool.   But to say i got chicked is an understatement.

So i guess what I'm saying is that in September I typically am switching into full on run mode. there is also a bike century out my way the Harmon Hundred but its also on Sept 9 same day as your half mary.

if you want to be more adventurist Branson 70.3 is on Sept 23 CHALLENGING bike course in Ozark mountains.

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-07-05 5:54 PM
2012-07-05 6:02 PM
in reply to: #4128570

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

Just saw for you Racine 70.3'ers    That Craig Alexander will race it again this year!  

This is one of the best things about tri.    You get to compete on the same course at the same time as the pro's.    It was neat seeing Craig pass me on the other side of the road  while I was running.    I mean where else can that happen?

I'll never get to stand in the batters box versus Randy Johnson,  or catch a pass (or drop one)  from Peyton Manning    but dang it I can lose to Craig Alexander or whoever in TRI.    it's awesome.    And these people are so approachable too.    Met  Linsey Corbin at Kansas  and she was really nice  chatted with my girls for like 20 minutes. 

I believe I've had the privilege to have lost to nearly every major Tri-super star.   except Macca        In running I've been chicked by Kara Goucher, been beat by Ryan Hall   etc.    

But I do get to say I beat perhaps the worlds greatest distance runner ever in a foot race.   Haile Gebrselassie as he dropped out of the 2010 NYC marathon at mile 16.    hee hee   couldn't handle those 8:40 miles I was laying down there I'm thinking. 

So enjoy!

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-07-05 6:13 PM
2012-07-05 10:45 PM
in reply to: #4294734

User image

Expert
Hammond
oriolepwr - 2012-07-04 8:56 PM

Happy 4th to you all! 

update:

Bones/dog/drama

We have mostly recovered from our experience re:Bones and the incident.     Many thanks for the kind words.   We have thought a lot about this and have decided to go ahead and get another dog.  

What we have settled on is a Viszla.   it's another dog that LOVES to run.   After researching and talking with the breeder etc.  We have put a deposit on a pup that was born last week.   He is a pure bred,  but was born with a broken tail that needs to be docked.  This being the case he cannot be shown, and thus comes at a discount.  :-)     It will be a long wait (Mid August) for him to grow till he can come home with us.  Then we will get to deal with all that comes with raising a puppy.   

My work project that looked to make it impossible for me to go to my Half Iron in Door County is now 1 week ahead of schedule  so this means we are GOING to Door!   oh yaaaaaaa.     So I booked the hotel finally.   Now we're all set   well except for the me being in shape to actually race a 70.3        To that end  I registered for an olympic tri  in Lake Zurich for this Sunday.  I hope to improve on my Bigfoot results.     

My toe joint still kills me every step I take but have decided to run on it anyhow and simply to not let it affect what I do or do not do for this year.     I wont be doing any damage to it.    Later I'll get a steroid shot in it to help as I ramp up mileage for the Chicago Mary.       Hurts when I walk.  Hurts more when I run. Damn it its just going to hurt... 

See the reality is I feel I have more pain from NOT running on it.  The feeling of not being a runner hurts me more mentally ( I know it shouldn't  but it does)   than the pain.     I just do not want to give in to it any longer.  

What else?  its hot  freaking hot  HOT.   oh man every day, day after day.   And my A/C is not working in the Jeep.  ya I could have fixed it,  still can.   but well I haven't.   

Oh yeah  I ordered a Garmin 910XT   I have struggled with using diff watch setups for tri  and usually they dont work.  been using a Garmin 405 which works great for running  but have been putting it on in T1 since can't swim with it,  and this takes up time and the thing usually gets wet and wont respond.   So getting the new watch.   But I ordered it cheap form a no name place and I don't think it will arrive in time for Sunday's oly.   oh well.   one last time using the old method.

so there ya go

DAAAVVEEE,

Awesome news all the way around. New puppies are sooo much fun and so cute. Yes soo much work too but really, really fun. I love, love, love puppies.

And great news on being able to do your half iron. I hate paying for a race and then not being able to do it. Happened once to me and twice to dh- makes me crazy.

Hope your toe is liveable for the race. I am about there with on the pain thing. That's exactly how I feel about the PF. It just plain hurts whether I run or not so I may as well run. Some days are better than others and I think mine actually is improving but it's been six months and I finally just made up my mind to ignore it (mostly) anyway. Occasionally it's excruciating and I just have to quit but otherwise I just keep on going.

And you will love your 910xt. I love mine and I don't have a clue how to use it for half of what it can actually do- lol. Once I master even half the functions, I don't think I'll ever want to take it off.

Glad to hear all your good news. This is my favorite post of today ;-),

Shelly

2012-07-05 10:54 PM
in reply to: #4291695

User image

Expert
Hammond
oriolepwr - 2012-07-02 8:51 PM
Sarah73 - 2012-07-02 8:28 PM

It sounds like there are some big races coming up!! So, is this right so far:

Racine HIM: Todd, Rob, and Quincy

Missoula Half marathon: TJ

Any other races coming up...please post so we can cheer you on!! I don't have anything in the near future, but I did just sign up for the Austin HIM in October. I'm on week four of the 20 week training plan, but I sort of skipped the first two weeks...oh well!!

Yes Sarah great thought    let's keep adding to the upcoming race list.

July 15   Racine 70.3   Todd, Rob and Quincy   (Matt are you doing this?)

Aug 4      River Cities Sprint Tri- Shelly

Oct   Sugarman Sprint Tri- Shelly

Let's keep editing this list and add everyone's events to it    I for one could use a ton of cheering on.   so let's do this thing..   Don't be shy 

2012-07-05 11:01 PM

User image

Expert
Hammond

Had an awesome run today. For the first time in six months my foot did not hurt with each step from PF. I don't know what's working to help it but the last couple of days it seems to hurt just a little less each day and today it didn't hurt at all during my run. I actually ran an entire five miles without any walk breaks. I've never, ever, ever done that. Before I started run/walk the longest I went non stop was 2.9 miles. I just felt soo good today that I really didn't want to stop. The temps were good- it was threatening to rain the entire run and in fact a couple of rain drops fell but that made it considerably cooler than it's been the last few weeks and my foot didn't hurt.

Can I say that again- my foot didn't hurt. I really just wanted to cry tears of joy- this pain has been an 8/10 for months now when I use my foot at all and today it was 0/10. Can you hear my excitement? I am just praying it lasts. I truly have forgotten what it's like to walk or run without pain. Today I got to remember it and I like it- hehe.

Shelly

2012-07-06 7:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Missoula
That is terrific news Shelly! 
2012-07-07 11:33 AM
in reply to: #4296594

User image

Veteran
fitmomma2010 - 2012-07-06 12:01 AM

Had an awesome run today. For the first time in six months my foot did not hurt with each step from PF. I don't know what's working to help it but the last couple of days it seems to hurt just a little less each day and today it didn't hurt at all during my run. I actually ran an entire five miles without any walk breaks. I've never, ever, ever done that. Before I started run/walk the longest I went non stop was 2.9 miles. I just felt soo good today that I really didn't want to stop. The temps were good- it was threatening to rain the entire run and in fact a couple of rain drops fell but that made it considerably cooler than it's been the last few weeks and my foot didn't hurt.

Can I say that again- my foot didn't hurt. I really just wanted to cry tears of joy- this pain has been an 8/10 for months now when I use my foot at all and today it was 0/10. Can you hear my excitement? I am just praying it lasts. I truly have forgotten what it's like to walk or run without pain. Today I got to remember it and I like it- hehe.

Shelly

SHEEELLLLLLYYYYY!

So happy for you.  May your foot steps be soft and you fly like the wind.

Tom  I'm so jealous you can run without stopping, but I'm getting there.

2012-07-07 11:59 AM

User image

Veteran

Here's a crazy thought, I was thinking it would be a blast to meet at a Tri.  How far is anyone willing to drive?  I'm good for 10 to 12 hours.  Puts me in Indianapolis or Knoxville TN, or Augusta GA.  Or, a future race HIM or 10K in Disney World.

Tom

2012-07-07 12:21 PM
in reply to: #4298985

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
TLakatos1259 - 2012-07-07 11:59 AM

Here's a crazy thought, I was thinking it would be a blast to meet at a Tri.  How far is anyone willing to drive?  I'm good for 10 to 12 hours.  Puts me in Indianapolis or Knoxville TN, or Augusta GA.  Or, a future race HIM or 10K in Disney World.

Tom

It would be great to meet y'all   a logistical toughie  though.

Well me and Q already  have thoughts/plans to do Memphis in May  next year.     It's a bit farther than Knoxville  but its a BIG event.   Maybe there?

2012-07-07 12:37 PM
in reply to: #4299005

User image

Veteran
oriolepwr - 2012-07-07 1:21 PM

Tom

It would be great to meet y'all   a logistical toughie  though.

Well me and Q already  have thoughts/plans to do Memphis in May  next year.     It's a bit farther than Knoxville  but its a BIG event.   Maybe there?

I can plan for Memphis next year.  Keep me in the loop, (pun intended) hehehe. 

2012-07-07 7:17 PM

User image

Veteran

Just watched "Leon's Triathlon" from Indiana.  Looks like a great race for some of us to meet.  Next one is June 2, 2013  Anyone interested?

http://leonstriathlon.com/index.php

2012-07-07 7:24 PM
in reply to: #4299396

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
TLakatos1259 - 2012-07-07 7:17 PM

Just watched "Leon's Triathlon" from Indiana.  Looks like a great race for some of us to meet.  Next one is June 2, 2013  Anyone interested?

I saw some of that coverage too.  I will tell you that from stories that people have told me re: sand bars in the middle of the swim etc.  That many opinions in the area regarding Leon's is not all that positive.     So I was truly surprised when sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings all of a sudden it was on the big screen.   I mean the Chicago freaking Triathlon does not get coverage like they had.     I admit it had me thinking hmmm maybe I need to re-think Leon's and do it once.   

2012-07-07 7:27 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
fitmomma2010 - 2012-07-05 11:01 PM

Shelly

This is awesomeness  Shells!!!     It's great to see you so happy too!

2012-07-07 8:18 PM
in reply to: #4299398

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
oriolepwr - 2012-07-07 7:24 PM

I saw some of that coverage too.  I will tell you that from stories that people have told me re: sand bars in the middle of the swim etc.  That many opinions in the area regarding Leon's is not all that positive.     So I was truly surprised when sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings all of a sudden it was on the big screen.   I mean the Chicago freaking Triathlon does not get coverage like they had.     I admit it had me thinking hmmm maybe I need to re-think Leon's and do it once.   

Yes, I will do Leon's but isn't that kind of out of range??? I also would love to do an Annapolis tri...and of course we could get some of the southeastern girls over to memphis, right??? That sounds like a super fun one.

2012-07-08 8:45 AM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

Shelly

Shelly,

I'm so happy for you!!! I love the feeling of being able to run pain free after an injury. I know there is probably that nagging thought in the back of your mind that it's going to come back, but just enjoy it!!!

BTW, what ever happened with that race you signed up for in Georgia. I read your post recently, and I felt like I should have warned you about the hills. For some reason, there is some kind of 'pride' thing with the hills in Georgia. Every race I did was REALLY hilly, and they would always say "rolling hills". Were you able to get a refund? I would have at least asked.

2012-07-08 8:48 AM
in reply to: #4299447

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
quincyf - 2012-07-07 9:18 PM
oriolepwr - 2012-07-07 7:24 PM

Yes, I will do Leon's but isn't that kind of out of range??? I also would love to do an Annapolis tri...and of course we could get some of the southeastern girls over to memphis, right??? That sounds like a super fun one.

Tom - Sounds like a fun idea to meet at a race. I probably would not be up for an Indiana race, but Memphis is definitely a possibility!!

2012-07-08 8:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

Dave - Good luck today on your OLY

TJ - Can't wait to hear how your first half mary went!! We are all cheering for you!!

2012-07-08 6:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula
Just posted my race report. Had an absolute blast. My wife and kids met me at 3 different points to cheer me on. What a boost that was! It was a surprise they had planned and required them to get up very early. It was a very special day. Won't be my last 1/2 mary. 
Now onto a quick recovery and prepping for the Zootown Sprint next weekend. 
2012-07-09 9:14 PM
in reply to: #4300226

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
Lesandtj - 2012-07-08 7:02 PMJust posted my race report. Had an absolute blast. My wife and kids met me at 3 different points to cheer me on. What a boost that was! It was a surprise they had planned and required them to get up very early. It was a very special day. Won't be my last 1/2 mary. 
Awesome awesome job, TJ!!! I'm so happy for you, and it's so cool that you had so much fun!!!!

2012-07-09 10:27 PM
in reply to: #4299732

User image

Expert
Hammond
Sarah73 - 2012-07-08 8:45 AM

Shelly

Shelly,

I'm so happy for you!!! I love the feeling of being able to run pain free after an injury. I know there is probably that nagging thought in the back of your mind that it's going to come back, but just enjoy it!!!

BTW, what ever happened with that race you signed up for in Georgia. I read your post recently, and I felt like I should have warned you about the hills. For some reason, there is some kind of 'pride' thing with the hills in Georgia. Every race I did was REALLY hilly, and they would always say "rolling hills". Were you able to get a refund? I would have at least asked.

Thanks Sarah,
I did send an email but as of yet have never heard a thing from them. I am not convinced that this race is well organized. DH and I just chalked it up to a learning lesson. It would have been nice if this race had said rolling hills or anything about hills at all. I still think the course is grossly misrepresented because it surely isn't pancake flat as the website says but not worth losing sleep over. After all it's only money- and you can't take it with you right- lol. At least that's what I tell dh when I spend it or the kids do something that ends up costing us a fortune. He doesn't always find it as humorous as I do- hehe.

Shelly
2012-07-09 10:36 PM
in reply to: #4298985

User image

Expert
Hammond

Tom

I love that idea. We could probably manage any of the three places listed. Memphis is definitely doable for us. Indiana might be a little too far but I have to google it to see exactly how far from it is. Dh and i aren't afraid of a decent drive- it's just the logistics of school, time off work, dd, etc.

But I'd love to get to race with all you peeps,

Shelly
2012-07-09 10:40 PM

User image

Expert
Hammond
Lesandtj - 2012-07-08 6:02 PM

Just posted my race report. Had an absolute blast. My wife and kids met me at 3 different points to cheer me on. What a boost that was! It was a surprise they had planned and required them to get up very early. It was a very special day. Won't be my last 1/2 mary. 

Awesome TJ. Good luck with the tri.
It's wonderful that your family was there to support you. Makes it even more special.

How's your wife doing with the heat and growing a little one? My second child was born July 29 and my third was Sept. 12- can I just say hot. I was hot and I'm not talking about my looks- hehe.

Congrats on a great race,

Shelly

2012-07-10 8:03 AM

User image

Veteran

Lesandtj - 2012-07-08 7:02 PM Just posted my race report. Had an absolute blast. My wife and kids met me at 3 different points to cheer me on. What a boost that was! It was a surprise they had planned and required them to get up very early. It was a very special day. Won't be my last 1/2 mary. 

TJ,  Glad to hear you had such a great time.  Awesome the family helped you by seeing 3 times.

Tom

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51