BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-07-10 8:12 AM
in reply to: #4302769

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
fitmomma2010 - 2012-07-09 11:36 PM
TLakatos1259 - 2012-07-07 11:59 AM

Here's a crazy thought, I was thinking it would be a blast to meet at a Tri.  How far is anyone willing to drive?  I'm good for 10 to 12 hours.  Puts me in Indianapolis or Knoxville TN, or Augusta GA.  Or, a future race HIM or 10K in Disney World.

Tom

I love that idea. We could probably manage any of the three places listed. Memphis is definitely doable for us. Indiana might be a little too far but I have to google it to see exactly how far from it is. Dh and i aren't afraid of a decent drive- it's just the logistics of school, time off work, dd, etc. But I'd love to get to race with all you peeps, Shelly

Shelly,  What ever works for the group I would certainly try to make myself.  Even if it is a longer drive.

I am in for:  Leon's, Annapolis, or Memphis

I had an awesome time volunteering for the NYC TRIATHLON this past Sunday.  Some insperational moments:  At least 6 to 10 ran by with one good leg and the other supported by a spring like foot.  A man I think less than 3 feet tall, (I'm not making a joke) ran by (WOW! just thinking of him swim and bike) GOD BLESS HIM!  Next was about 5 or so missing legs and "running" in 3 wheeled racers.  About 4 people ran by that are blind running along with their guides.

If this s**t doesn't inspire you, not sure what will.  I can't wait to race next year with these folks.  What an honor.

Tom

2012-07-10 10:27 AM
in reply to: #4128570

User image

Veteran
Missoula
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
Shelly, my wife is definitely hot these days. I think the outside temps are also bothering her. I'm on my way to Kansas City today to say goodbye to my Grandpa. He is 94 and ready to rest in Jesus's arms. It is comforting to know he is ready to go. Been a great ride.On an upside, I get to train in the heat for a day or two. Should be back in time for my sprint on Saturday.

Edited by Lesandtj 2012-07-10 10:26 PM
2012-07-11 2:26 PM
in reply to: #4296594

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
fitmomma2010 - 2012-07-06 12:01 AM

Had an awesome run today. For the first time in six months my foot did not hurt with each step from PF. I don't know what's working to help it but the last couple of days it seems to hurt just a little less each day and today it didn't hurt at all during my run. I actually ran an entire five miles without any walk breaks. I've never, ever, ever done that. Before I started run/walk the longest I went non stop was 2.9 miles. I just felt soo good today that I really didn't want to stop. The temps were good- it was threatening to rain the entire run and in fact a couple of rain drops fell but that made it considerably cooler than it's been the last few weeks and my foot didn't hurt.

Can I say that again- my foot didn't hurt. I really just wanted to cry tears of joy- this pain has been an 8/10 for months now when I use my foot at all and today it was 0/10. Can you hear my excitement? I am just praying it lasts. I truly have forgotten what it's like to walk or run without pain. Today I got to remember it and I like it- hehe.

Shelly

wooohoooo Shelly!

I am so happy for you! I totally understand as this freaking PF is still bothering me...just not sure what else to do but it is driving me bunkers. It is really consuming my mind. I am swimming, biking, going to w/o classes but I want to run!!!!

I hope to be posting  soon that I was able to run without pain ;-)

On another note, I did a kick butt spinning class today...they type that the bikes actually move from side to side so you end up engaging your core and upper arms...it kicked my butt!

Well, my sprint tri is coming up fast and I am so looking forward to it...hopefully I can run if not I will walk but I just want to get the feeling back of racing as it has been a while!

Alicia

2012-07-12 6:21 PM

User image

Veteran

Well I've been MIA but caught up on the posts and everyone is doing SO WELL!

I have FINALLY found a podiatrist and a PT that are committed to helping me run without pain and I'm finally making a bit of progress.  My PT is helping me with some muscle imbalances in my right hip/glute/hamstring which has been causing the shin pain and stress on my tibia.  The really good thing, for me anyway, is that I haven't been running but I haven't given up.  Just shifted all my exercising to different cross training.  Finally got off my butt, swallowed my nervousness, and joined some group rides.  My biking has improved considerably with more frequent and longer rides.

I also started Jillian Michaels 'Body Revolution' 90 day program, less intense than p90x which I found too hard and too long.  30 minutes a day and I can't believe the strength I've gained so far! Figure that's got to help with the running etc.

So next week we are heading to the cottage for two weeks of water sports, swimming, exercise in the fresh air, then back on the training bandwagon!! I'm going to have to start RREEEAAAALLLLYYYY slow back to running but I think I have plenty of time to get up to speed for my sprint in October as the run is only 2 miles.

So there you have it....keep on tri-ing everyone!

Yvonne

2012-07-13 7:56 AM
in reply to: #4308831

User image

Veteran
Ybeal - 2012-07-12 7:21 PM

Well I've been MIA but caught up on the posts and everyone is doing SO WELL!

I have FINALLY found a podiatrist and a PT that are committed to helping me run without pain and I'm finally making a bit of progress.  My PT is helping me with some muscle imbalances in my right hip/glute/hamstring which has been causing the shin pain and stress on my tibia.  The really good thing, for me anyway, is that I haven't been running but I haven't given up.  Just shifted all my exercising to different cross training.  Finally got off my butt, swallowed my nervousness, and joined some group rides.  My biking has improved considerably with more frequent and longer rides.

I also started Jillian Michaels 'Body Revolution' 90 day program, less intense than p90x which I found too hard and too long.  30 minutes a day and I can't believe the strength I've gained so far! Figure that's got to help with the running etc.

So next week we are heading to the cottage for two weeks of water sports, swimming, exercise in the fresh air, then back on the training bandwagon!! I'm going to have to start RREEEAAAALLLLYYYY slow back to running but I think I have plenty of time to get up to speed for my sprint in October as the run is only 2 miles.

So there you have it....keep on tri-ing everyone!

Yvonne

"Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside" (Emerson, Lake, & Palmer) 

Glad to see you back.

Tom

2012-07-13 8:31 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

Big weekend here peeps!

TJ will be rocking a sprint tri,    while its Racine 70.3 weekend for Todd, Rob and Chris (Q's DH)  Can you believe it's finally race time?    Enjoy it.   Hope the weather cooperates for y'all.         

Remember when you have to dig deep in the race to "Flip the Jax switch"  and that the rest of the Magical Mys-tri tour trippers are there with you in spirit. 

Party on dudes!  :-)

2012-07-14 8:20 PM
in reply to: #4310941

User image

Master
St. Louis
oriolepwr - 2012-07-13 8:31 PM

Big weekend here peeps!

TJ will be rocking a sprint tri,    while its Racine 70.3 weekend for Todd, Rob and Chris (Q's DH)  Can you believe it's finally race time?    Enjoy it.   Hope the weather cooperates for y'all.         

Remember when you have to dig deep in the race to "Flip the Jax switch"  and that the rest of the Magical Mys-tri tour trippers are there with you in spirit. 

Good luck racers!
2012-07-14 8:24 PM
in reply to: #4303049

User image

Master
St. Louis
TLakatos1259 - 2012-07-10 8:12 AM
fitmomma2010 - 2012-07-09 11:36 PM
TLakatos1259 - 2012-07-07 11:59 AM

Here's a crazy thought, I was thinking it would be a blast to meet at a Tri.  How far is anyone willing to drive?  I'm good for 10 to 12 hours.  Puts me in Indianapolis or Knoxville TN, or Augusta GA.  Or, a future race HIM or 10K in Disney World.

Tom

I love that idea. We could probably manage any of the three places listed. Memphis is definitely doable for us. Indiana might be a little too far but I have to google it to see exactly how far from it is. Dh and i aren't afraid of a decent drive- it's just the logistics of school, time off work, dd, etc. But I'd love to get to race with all you peeps, Shelly

Shelly,  What ever works for the group I would certainly try to make myself.  Even if it is a longer drive.

I am in for:  Leon's, Annapolis, or Memphis

I had an awesome time volunteering for the NYC TRIATHLON this past Sunday.  Some insperational moments:  At least 6 to 10 ran by with one good leg and the other supported by a spring like foot.  A man I think less than 3 feet tall, (I'm not making a joke) ran by (WOW! just thinking of him swim and bike) GOD BLESS HIM!  Next was about 5 or so missing legs and "running" in 3 wheeled racers.  About 4 people ran by that are blind running along with their guides.

If this s**t doesn't inspire you, not sure what will.  I can't wait to race next year with these folks.  What an honor.

Tom

Very cool!
2012-07-15 6:26 PM

New user
Wauwatosa, WI

Hey Everyone, here is my brief Racine HIM race report-the full one will follow.

Oh, the things you don't know that you don't know!  I picked a hell of a race for my first Tri!!! It was Hot!!!

1.2 Mile Swim, great conditions, 33:29, felt great, nice and relaxed, the only thing slowing me down is that I don't swim very straight and sort of zigzagged a lot-but overall this was my favorite leg-it got worse from there Frown

Transition, 5:57, took my time-I'm OK with it

56 Mile Bike, 3:04:22, started off well, averaging 20 mph, but started to feel like I had to throw up about a hour in, really pounded fluid, goos, salt tablets, poured 3 bottles of water on my jersey-overall, I was OK with it

Transition, 6:47, wasn't feeling great, in fact, I really didn't want to go out on the run

13.1 Mile Run, 3:05:24, yes this was slower than my bike! I will repeat that again, slower than my bike. I started off OK, 12 minute mile pace for the first 3.4 miles, but honestly, my plan of nice and easy changed to a run walk, to a I'm going to finish, break 7 hours but I really don't want to end up in the hospital today-and I saw some of folks that did. So, I ended up running a minute, walking a minute.

Finish 6:55:59 sub 7 Hours!!!

Crossed the finish line, went to the medical tent, got 2 large bags of ice, and just sat their for 15 minutes, drank fluids, ate, got my massage-and actually felt like a human being!

So, what did I learn, well the 2 legs I have been really practicing (swim & bike) went well, however I did ease back on the running (Achilles tendinitis) and paid for it-that and the fact that I don't usually run in 90 degree weather, lol.

Having said that, overall it was a pretty good day. The volunteers were awesome! My fellow competitors were great, and I didn't throw up, I didn't cramp, I didn't get a flat, and I had some fun. By buddy asked me if I was going to race again,  and my answer is yes-but next time it's going to be an Olympic!!!

And, Just so you know, Todd kicked (I looked you up) 5:40!!! Way to go Todd!!! Sorry we missed each other.

Thanks everyone, Rob

Big weekend here peeps!

2012-07-15 6:26 PM

New user
Wauwatosa, WI

Hey Everyone, here is my brief Racine HIM race report-the full one will follow.

Oh, the things you don't know that you don't know!  I picked a hell of a race for my first Tri!!! It was Hot!!!

1.2 Mile Swim, great conditions, 33:29, felt great, nice and relaxed, the only thing slowing me down is that I don't swim very straight and sort of zigzagged a lot-but overall this was my favorite leg-it got worse from there Frown

Transition, 5:57, took my time-I'm OK with it

56 Mile Bike, 3:04:22, started off well, averaging 20 mph, but started to feel like I had to throw up about a hour in, really pounded fluid, goos, salt tablets, poured 3 bottles of water on my jersey-overall, I was OK with it

Transition, 6:47, wasn't feeling great, in fact, I really didn't want to go out on the run

13.1 Mile Run, 3:05:24, yes this was slower than my bike! I will repeat that again, slower than my bike. I started off OK, 12 minute mile pace for the first 3.4 miles, but honestly, my plan of nice and easy changed to a run walk, to a I'm going to finish, break 7 hours but I really don't want to end up in the hospital today-and I saw some of folks that did. So, I ended up running a minute, walking a minute.

Finish 6:55:59 sub 7 Hours!!!

Crossed the finish line, went to the medical tent, got 2 large bags of ice, and just sat their for 15 minutes, drank fluids, ate, got my massage-and actually felt like a human being!

So, what did I learn, well the 2 legs I have been really practicing (swim & bike) went well, however I did ease back on the running (Achilles tendinitis) and paid for it-that and the fact that I don't usually run in 90 degree weather, lol.

Having said that, overall it was a pretty good day. The volunteers were awesome! My fellow competitors were great, and I didn't get kicked in the face, I didn't throw up, I didn't cramp, I didn't get a flat, and I had some fun. By buddy asked me if I was going to race again,  and my answer is yes-but next time it's going to be an Olympic!!!

And, Just so you know, Todd kicked (I looked you up) 5:40!!! Way to go Todd!!! Sorry we missed each other.

Thanks everyone, Rob

Big weekend here peeps!

Edited by Turner100 2012-07-15 6:49 PM
2012-07-15 7:09 PM
in reply to: #4312581

New user
Wauwatosa, WI

Sorry about the double post-I guess I'm tiredSmile 

And, the post was supposed to say Todd kicked ! 

Way to Go Todd!!!

2012-07-15 8:58 PM
in reply to: #4312581

User image

Master
St. Louis
Hey, great job on a very tough day!
2012-07-15 9:23 PM
in reply to: #4312768

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

ransick - 2012-07-15 8:58 PM Hey, great job on a very tough day!

Absolutely!   Racine is TOUGH!  Rob congrats.   And Damn you are a really great swimmer!  

Todd- Sheesh what can I say?   you are Awesome!  when are you turning pro?   can't wait to read the reports from you two!

I was tracking y'all and a few other friends on Ironmanlive.     Felt like I was there!    I knew it was hot/humid  then I went out on a 20 mile ride myself to see what it was like.    CHALLENGING day out there.     Be proud! 

TJ  how was your sprint?

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-07-15 9:29 PM
2012-07-15 9:30 PM

User image

Expert
Hammond
Just want to say congrats to Rob and Todd. You both did awesome!

TJ- we need to know how it went. Inquiring minds want to know.

Q- How did dh do?

I am just in awe of all of you guys.

Great racing,

Shelly
2012-07-16 5:39 AM
in reply to: #4312617

User image

Rob, good going on your finish.  With the heat during that run it is an accomplishment, period!  By the way, you want to teach me how to swim like you?  This was my last planned triathlon for this year.  I am trying to line up doing the Point to Lapointe swim in Bayfield (2.1 miles) in early August and have the Twin Cities marathon in October and maybe try my first Century ride sometime yet this year. 

Overall Racine was a great experience (except that I lost my bike computer on a stretch of bumpy road).  Difficult to keep cool.  However, I did better at keeping cool than my truck did on the way home.  We're stuck in Madison right now waiting for the Ford dealer to open as our truck kept overheating every 15-20 minutes down I-94. 

I know some people have races coming up in the next few weeks.  Good luck to you all!  I leave for a 10 day vacation up to the the Boundary waters on Wednesday (going to be fun portaging a canoe on my sun burned shoulders), so I'll miss some of the posts for awhile.  I'll definitely want to read about all your accomplishments when I get back.

Todd

2012-07-16 12:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

Nice job Rob and Todd! Impressive. 

I had so much fun in my sprint. Got the family up early to follow me around again. I makes things very enjoyable when they share in the experience. Speaking of sharing the experience. Bode, my 4 year old, competed in the kids triathlon. It was a very informal kids race and there were only 3 kids who ran it. He was beaming with pride as they wrote his number on his arm and leg. He wore his life jacket on the swim and it was fun to watch him do his best front crawl. The bike transition was funny because he refused to put on his shoes without socks. It took forever. ha! And on the run leg he was the only kid left on the course. The race director told the crowd to cheer him in. He was exploding with excitement as he ran down the finish chute with whole crowd yelling "GO BODE!" He wore his medal all day and was more than willing to tell random people where he got it. So much fun.  Also I beat my time from last year by about 15 minutes. I'll take that!

2012-07-16 12:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula
2012-07-16 2:29 PM
in reply to: #4314014

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
Lesandtj - 2012-07-16 1:58 PM

TJ - I just LOVED reading your post and seeing these pics!!! What an awesome thing to do with your son. You should get a triple frame or shadow box for him and put these pics and his medal in them for his room. So glad you did so well on your tri, too. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

-Sarah

2012-07-16 2:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
Rob and Todd....Great job this past weekend!! I'm so impressed with your perseverence in that heat...way to push through!!
2012-07-16 4:19 PM

User image

My race report from Racine it up.  T.J. loved the photos of you and your son!
2012-07-16 5:52 PM

User image

Veteran

TJ great photos! Loved seeing them!

2012-07-17 7:51 AM

User image

Veteran

WAY TO GO BODE!!, sign him up for the Mys-tri Tour.  OH, and awesome job the adults did too.

Great pics TJ,  cherish those happy father moments.  So cool, or is it kewl.

Edited by TLakatos1259 2012-07-19 7:14 AM
2012-07-17 12:25 PM

User image

Veteran

My girls did awesome in their 'Kids for Kids' triathlon this past Saturday.  It was a really well run event, I have to say.  Here's a few pics, my youngest always looks so happy when she's running I never have that look

Attachments
----------------
image (2).jpeg (79KB - 23 downloads)
image (4).jpeg (77KB - 20 downloads)
image (1).jpeg (85KB - 16 downloads)
2012-07-18 7:56 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

I love all the pics with the kiddos! (Yvonne-could not load yours up for some reason)   that's what it's all about.    (Ok almost all about)

Mike and I have this little event we gotta do up in Door County, WI   can't wait to get up there!

Have a minor pulled hammy.   Getting a bit nervous.  No worries will employ my inner viking.    I received and have been playing around with my Garmin 910XT  loving it!  Can't wait to have actual data again while racing.  think that will help?  um YES!

So was feeling good about the race then saw this pic.    what do you think Mike?   BTW water temp is 74 right now. 

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-07-18 8:02 PM
2012-07-19 1:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

Ok, I need some more advise from my peeps. (That is you guys by the way.)

I have an Oly planned for the first week of October. I have appx 2 months to prepare. I have a decent base left after coming off my 1/2 mary and I felt pretty good on my sprint race last week. All was well until I realized that my schedule opened up for a race I wasn't planning on racing this year. It is an Oly on August 11th. 2 weeks out. I'm super excited to do it, but not sure how ready my body is. Both Olys are open water swims which I am not quite ready for. I was planning on doing a lot of swimming for 2 months to prepare but now i'm not sure if I can get ready in 2 weeks. The other thing is the Aug 11th race is spendy ($112.00)  If i DNF it might crush my confidence for the later race plus i'd be out $100. Ugh, my practical side seems to get in the way sometimes. 

OK, I understand i'm asking a loaded question but do you think I can get ready in 2 weeks? I am heading to Coeur d' Alene this weekend and I was going to get an open water swim in at the beach the race starts at. Maybe that will calm some fears. 

race link: http://cdatriathlon.com/

Q, maybe this is the time to "HTFU" huh?

P.S. be careful what you say. It plays a huge role in my decision making process.  Guess that means I trust you guys. 

Thanks, TJ

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51