BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow's and Wannabefaster's Summer Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 88

2013-06-09 9:19 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Slornow's and Wannabefaster's Summer Mentor Group - CLOSED

Being buried in work and scrambling to get the house up for showing limited my training this weekend to just a few hours on the bike. Days like these remind me that I need to be better at setting limits, and saying "no" more on the job front.

Tomorrow I head into Ann Arbor to pick up my new ride. I'm very excited! I will be spending another hour with the fitter getting in some final tweeks before I take delivery.

Michael - congrats on the PR!!

Since this forum has been a bit slow over the last few days, I have a topic I'd like to open for discussion. I'm curious what others in the group think:

The best triathletes tend to come from which sporting backgound - swim, bike or run? Which is your strongest discipline?

Myself, though I don't feel I excel in any discipline, my strongest is biking based on how I usually place in races. I never swam or ran in highschool/college, and I didn't pick up serious biking until my late 30's.

Jim

2013-06-09 9:29 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama

Hey guys-thanks for all the support today. My time was a little slower than Texas but overall it was a good effort. Swim was 37:xx and seemed to be long. Bike was great. Very little wind on the flat bike course so I had a great split at 2:22:xx hitting my power numbers exactly. I knew the run would be tough as there was little shade on a blacktop road. Temps had hit 80-82 and it was very humid. Knew I would be hitting alot of aid stations so figured if I could hit 8 min miles including walks through the aid stations that would be a 1:45. It wasn't meant to be as I finished with a 1:48 run for 4:53 total time. Lots of struggling on the run. One of my goals for the year was to qualify fo Vegas 70.3 World Championship. Didn't happen and I'm good with that....pretty much decided that even if I qualified I would not take the slot. Just couldn't see training through the heat of the Summer to do a tough race in 100 degree heat.

Really impressed with the quality of the racers in my AG. AG winner in 50-54 went 4:19...thats unreal for an "old guy."

Good job to the other racers. 

2013-06-09 10:51 PM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Regular
Wichita, KS
Great race Randy! What an awesome bike split, too. I cant believe the quality of athletes in the 50-55 AG. I think I'm always going to be in the BOP (I'm 52) but I"m still in the best shape of my life and I'm enjoying myself.

Way to go with the PR Michael! Makes the hard work with it.

Got in a solid bike ride Saturday but missed my run today do to some unforeseen issues I had to address today. I'll try to make up for it tomorrow since I work the night shift Monday night and my day will be largely open. Two weeks from my Oly. Still working out my hydration/nutrition issues but it's getting better.
2013-06-10 4:43 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Originally posted by slornow

Hey guys-thanks for all the support today. My time was a little slower than Texas but overall it was a good effort. Swim was 37:xx and seemed to be long. Bike was great. Very little wind on the flat bike course so I had a great split at 2:22:xx hitting my power numbers exactly. I knew the run would be tough as there was little shade on a blacktop road. Temps had hit 80-82 and it was very humid. Knew I would be hitting alot of aid stations so figured if I could hit 8 min miles including walks through the aid stations that would be a 1:45. It wasn't meant to be as I finished with a 1:48 run for 4:53 total time. Lots of struggling on the run. One of my goals for the year was to qualify fo Vegas 70.3 World Championship. Didn't happen and I'm good with that....pretty much decided that even if I qualified I would not take the slot. Just couldn't see training through the heat of the Summer to do a tough race in 100 degree heat.

Really impressed with the quality of the racers in my AG. AG winner in 50-54 went 4:19...thats unreal for an "old guy."

Good job to the other racers. 

Great job Randy!!!  It seems to me, that the older AG have some really fast people in them.  Here in WI, the 45-49 was tough, but I am finding there are some real fasties in 50-54 too!

I always find it tough to compare race results done on different courses, don't you?  Between varying weather and terrain I usually focus on my place in the AG to determine how well I've done.  Does that make sense?

2013-06-10 6:11 AM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Master
South Alabama

Suzy-I think you are exactly right about comparing year to year times in a large race. Conditions and variations in the swim course can cause such a big difference in race times. But, in general, if you have a WTC event with 150+ in an AG the make up/quality of the racers in the AG is going to be pretty consistent. So, I often will look back to see what race splits/race splits were in previous years to see how I would have fared.

Dave-There are some amazing athletes in the older age groups. One thing I noticed yesterday was that there were very few "casual" triathletes. I think that is the case in alot of the most popular 70.3 WTC events where there are Vegas/Kona slots. For instance, at the Texas 70.3 there were seemed to bemany more people that were just looking to complete a 70.3. Yesterday most of the folks I saw were there to "compete." While I met several really nice people there I really enjoy meeting first time 70.3 racers and new triathletes at events. Guess I enjoy their enthusiasm more than the intensity of some of the more serious folks.

I was amazed at the fitness of some of the 60+ year old athletes I saw out there. Really impressive. I also think that at 50 there is more flexibility for many athletes in terms of family/work commitments so they can become more focused on things that they enjoy or are passionate about. I am visiting with family in the Hampton/Newport News area of Virginia before heading home..probably Thursday. Will try to get RR up in the next day or so.  

Now, a break.....that's 6 races so far this season...then to decide on what to do in the months to come.

Thanks again for all the support. What a great group!

2013-06-10 7:45 AM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Randy,

You are definitely right about the vibe at Eagleman. That is definitely a 'racers' event. People were very serious there last year (but also very friendly). I take my training and competing pretty seriously but I try to be the friendliest, happiest, most outgoing guy on the course at every event. I always try to remind myself that I do this for fun...... although it can be hard to remember that at the halfway point of the run

I can't believe you have six races done already. I haven't done a tri yet. I had better get it in gear soon (13 days soon, to be exact).

Jimmy,

I feel like the swimmers that have good overally athletic skills make the best triathletes. They have years of aerobic engine building. They have a really good knowledge about how to train hard. Running and biking aren't necessarily skill events, just effort events, while swimming requires a very focused skill set.

My best skill is the run. I do like the fact that I get to look forward to finishing with my best event. The only problem is that by the time I get to the run I am too far behind to make up all of that time.

Interestingly enough, I have met several ex-rowers who have made a successful conversion to triathlon training and racing. I think that elite level rowing is a 'learning to suffer' kind of sport. That suffering seems to transfer well to triathlon.

2013-06-10 8:43 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by wannabefaster

I feel like the swimmers that have good overally athletic skills make the best triathletes. They have years of aerobic engine building. They have a really good knowledge about how to train hard. Running and biking aren't necessarily skill events, just effort events, while swimming requires a very focused skill set.

My best skill is the run. I do like the fact that I get to look forward to finishing with my best event. The only problem is that by the time I get to the run I am too far behind to make up all of that time.

Interesting. Without any real basis for comparison I would think that cyclists would make the best triathletes - or maybe not the best but the overall fastest? As you said, it's tough to make up time on the run. I think the easiest place to gain an overall time advantage would be the bike.

But all this is just my speculation.

OK - on to today's question: I know we discussed wetsuits and trisuits a bit (but honestly I couldn't find it when I tried to go back some pages) so here's my question: I have a sleeveless wetsuit I plan to use until the water gets to 78 degrees. After that, then what? I think I'd like to have something. I've seen people wearing what I think are "swimskins" in some events and have their tri shorts/top on underneath. I know we've also discussed the idea of wearing a one piece for the whole event - however I think I really want to have the 2 piece thing going on "just in case" but I'll need the one piece advantage in the water - does all my rambling make sense? So is a tri suit the same as a swimskin or speed suit? Seems every mfgr has their own name - and also, what is USAT legal?

THANKS!!
2013-06-10 8:49 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by wannabefaster Randy, You are definitely right about the vibe at Eagleman. That is definitely a 'racers' event. People were very serious there last year (but also very friendly). I take my training and competing pretty seriously but I try to be the friendliest, happiest, most outgoing guy on the course at every event. I always try to remind myself that I do this for fun...... although it can be hard to remember that at the halfway point of the run I can't believe you have six races done already. I haven't done a tri yet. I had better get it in gear soon (13 days soon, to be exact). Jimmy, I feel like the swimmers that have good overally athletic skills make the best triathletes. They have years of aerobic engine building. They have a really good knowledge about how to train hard. Running and biking aren't necessarily skill events, just effort events, while swimming requires a very focused skill set. My best skill is the run. I do like the fact that I get to look forward to finishing with my best event. The only problem is that by the time I get to the run I am too far behind to make up all of that time. Interestingly enough, I have met several ex-rowers who have made a successful conversion to triathlon training and racing. I think that elite level rowing is a 'learning to suffer' kind of sport. That suffering seems to transfer well to triathlon.

My coach says the exact same thing.  I really envy life long swimmers, especially at the start of the race.  I'm fretting over just about anything (waves, wind, how far b ack to go, etc) and their biggest worry is getting to the front and breaking free from the pack.  Dare to dream.  Like you, my favorite part is the run. I spend a lot of time passing people at that point which is good, but it also means I am pretty far  behind at that point.

2013-06-10 2:42 PM

User image

Regular
Wichita, KS
I got in a total of 21 miles on the bike, 1300 meters swimming and a little over 8 miles running today. I was in the office for half a day today so it was really nice to get all that in at the beginning of the week. I had to make up for missing yesterday's run, too. I'm on in-house trauma tonight so I may be up all night given the nice weather and all.

I think I'm going to agree with Randy and Suzy, a solid swimmer with just better than average bike and run skills puts that athlete in a much better position to dominate. That athlete does not have to spend the time and effort getting the highly skilled swimming techniques mastered and can focus on shear training for the bike and run.
2013-06-10 8:34 PM
in reply to: dacuna01

User image

Veteran
Denton
I tried the Vega Sport Nutrition Protein powder for the first time tonight. Tastes pretty good after a nice and easy swim. There is so much about being vegetarian and vegan out there. I keep on stumbling across all these documentaries on netflix and hulu that are really interesting. 
2013-06-10 9:13 PM
in reply to: d3term1ned

User image

New user
Hi guys, six races is a lot Randy! I have my 2nd tri coming up later this month.

Does anyone have an opinion on purchasing a plan, silver etc here on BT.
If you are of the opinion that it is a good purchase, why do you think so?

I don't mind the purchase, just wondering what you guys think?

Thanks

2013-06-11 2:40 AM
in reply to: #4724546

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
Hey guys,

I slightly dropped off the planet lately so I've been trying to catch up. I took last week off work to do a big training week, and we went away for the week. It was pretty manic and I just didn't have time to do the training AND keep up with the group.

I'm so impressed with all of our racers. The times you guys have been hitting for HIM just put me to shame. And it's also great to see people popping their tri cherries. I still remember that first race when I got "hooked" and I think there's still an aspect of that excitement at every race I go to.

I had a PB last week at my sprint tri. Not only did I beat last years time but I also got 3rd in my AG! I've never been anywhere near FOP so I was very excited about that. I'm hoping to get caught up tonight and get the (massively overdue) race report done.

I'm having a couple of rest days and then I'm off work again for another 8 days. The plan is another really heavy training cycle and then I'll begin tapering. With less than 4 weeks till Outlaw I'm starting to get a little twitchy. All the talk about nutrition is reminding me that I need to make a decision soon about how I'm going to do it. I have a couple of options but both with downsides so I'm not sure which way to go. I may give you guys a "compare and contrast" question later when I'm not posting from my phone.
2013-06-11 5:48 AM
in reply to: Chunga

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by Chunga Hi guys, six races is a lot Randy! I have my 2nd tri coming up later this month. Does anyone have an opinion on purchasing a plan, silver etc here on BT. If you are of the opinion that it is a good purchase, why do you think so? I don't mind the purchase, just wondering what you guys think? Thanks

Mary-I initially subscribed because I felt like I was getting alot out of the site and thought it reasonable to become a performance member (or whatever they call it). Then a couple of years ago I wanted access to all the training plans so I could find one that fit what I wanted to do. At that point I became a gold member. In addition to access to all the plans there are some additional discounts available for performance members at some online retailers. Seems like once or twice a year they will run a membership sale where you can purchase or extend membership for I think 50% off.

2013-06-11 5:50 AM
in reply to: chapfallen

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by chapfallen Hey guys, I slightly dropped off the planet lately so I've been trying to catch up. I took last week off work to do a big training week, and we went away for the week. It was pretty manic and I just didn't have time to do the training AND keep up with the group. I'm so impressed with all of our racers. The times you guys have been hitting for HIM just put me to shame. And it's also great to see people popping their tri cherries. I still remember that first race when I got "hooked" and I think there's still an aspect of that excitement at every race I go to. I had a PB last week at my sprint tri. Not only did I beat last years time but I also got 3rd in my AG! I've never been anywhere near FOP so I was very excited about that. I'm hoping to get caught up tonight and get the (massively overdue) race report done. I'm having a couple of rest days and then I'm off work again for another 8 days. The plan is another really heavy training cycle and then I'll begin tapering. With less than 4 weeks till Outlaw I'm starting to get a little twitchy. All the talk about nutrition is reminding me that I need to make a decision soon about how I'm going to do it. I have a couple of options but both with downsides so I'm not sure which way to go. I may give you guys a "compare and contrast" question later when I'm not posting from my phone.

Great work on the PR and podium spot!!

2013-06-11 10:23 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Well done Rachel!!

Before I head out into the land of hot and humid for a run (and 'recovery swim' LOL), I have a cycling question for those of you far more knowledgeable than I.

Let me preface this by saying I have only been riding my bike since early March. Seriously...the last time I rode a bike was when I was in college, and it was a cheap mountain bike designed to get me from class to class. I have never in my life done any extended rides or ever been serious at all about riding a bike.

I purchased a bike (a leftover 2010 Felt B16) at my local bike shop. I was fitted by the owner who is well respected by the tri community in my area. At first, I was having horrible pain while riding. Alas, we (myself and LBS owner/fitter), had to determine if my issue was from lack of time in the saddle (probably) or the saddle and my anatomy. Long story short, I gave it two months of regular riding in the stock saddle and was experiencing such horrible chafing, swelling and tearing of my soft tissue that we then went back to the drawing board with saddles. We spent a LOT of time trying different things. The saddle that made my nether regions breathe a sigh of relief was the Bontrager Hilo RXL (not the adjustable nose one).

I've been riding in this saddle for just over a month now. I've been getting one longer ride in each week (30+ miles) plus two shorter rides (either on the trainer or another hour) based on my training plan. I'm not having the soft tissue pain I had before (thank goodness!), but the new issue is uncomfortable pressure on my pelvic bones (not my sitz bones). I'm speaking of the bony areas that are to the left and right of my privates just between my thighs (sorry, I don't know the proper medical term for it all and I'm trying to be politically correct here!). It's not unbearable...it's just uncomfortable; moreso when I've been on my aerobars. I do find, once I've ridden for about 30 minutes, that I find a 'sweet spot' in the saddle (either that or I just numb my brain to the discomfort!). I am a bit on the pudgy side, so I'm sure if I cut weight, it would help tremendously.

My question is whether this is just one of those 'new to cycling' breaking in periods, or if I need to go back to the drawing board and adjust my fit on the bike. I'm currently set up in a pretty conservative position...since I was new to the bike, we felt that having me ride a little more upright at first and then dropping me as I built miles in the saddle would be beneficial.

Again, I've literally been riding my bike since March 11th and ride 3 days/week. I wear Sugoi RS cycling shorts and use chamois cream. I've also ridden a few times in my tri shorts, wondering if too much padding could be the culprit. After those rides, I've wondered how I'll ever ride HIM distance in tri shorts!!!!!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by glfprncs 2013-06-11 10:25 AM
2013-06-11 12:21 PM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by glfprncs

Well done Rachel!!

Before I head out into the land of hot and humid for a run (and 'recovery swim' LOL), I have a cycling question for those of you far more knowledgeable than I.

Let me preface this by saying I have only been riding my bike since early March. Seriously...the last time I rode a bike was when I was in college, and it was a cheap mountain bike designed to get me from class to class. I have never in my life done any extended rides or ever been serious at all about riding a bike.

I purchased a bike (a leftover 2010 Felt B16) at my local bike shop. I was fitted by the owner who is well respected by the tri community in my area. At first, I was having horrible pain while riding. Alas, we (myself and LBS owner/fitter), had to determine if my issue was from lack of time in the saddle (probably) or the saddle and my anatomy. Long story short, I gave it two months of regular riding in the stock saddle and was experiencing such horrible chafing, swelling and tearing of my soft tissue that we then went back to the drawing board with saddles. We spent a LOT of time trying different things. The saddle that made my nether regions breathe a sigh of relief was the Bontrager Hilo RXL (not the adjustable nose one).

I've been riding in this saddle for just over a month now. I've been getting one longer ride in each week (30+ miles) plus two shorter rides (either on the trainer or another hour) based on my training plan. I'm not having the soft tissue pain I had before (thank goodness!), but the new issue is uncomfortable pressure on my pelvic bones (not my sitz bones). I'm speaking of the bony areas that are to the left and right of my privates just between my thighs (sorry, I don't know the proper medical term for it all and I'm trying to be politically correct here!). It's not unbearable...it's just uncomfortable; moreso when I've been on my aerobars. I do find, once I've ridden for about 30 minutes, that I find a 'sweet spot' in the saddle (either that or I just numb my brain to the discomfort!). I am a bit on the pudgy side, so I'm sure if I cut weight, it would help tremendously.

My question is whether this is just one of those 'new to cycling' breaking in periods, or if I need to go back to the drawing board and adjust my fit on the bike. I'm currently set up in a pretty conservative position...since I was new to the bike, we felt that having me ride a little more upright at first and then dropping me as I built miles in the saddle would be beneficial.

Again, I've literally been riding my bike since March 11th and ride 3 days/week. I wear Sugoi RS cycling shorts and use chamois cream. I've also ridden a few times in my tri shorts, wondering if too much padding could be the culprit. After those rides, I've wondered how I'll ever ride HIM distance in tri shorts!!!!!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

So many variables and moving parts. I wouldn't think it would be the shorts. And if you are riding 3 days a week your squishy parts should be used to it by now. I would probably go back to the saddle again. Have you tried one of the noseless saddles like the adamos? Did you have your sit bones measured? The Bontrager saddles do come in different widths. Sorry I can't be more help.

on another note, I have my first tri tonight. It's offroad and it's been raining for a few days and the forecast for tonight is thunderstorms. I've been told it does not get cancelled so I'm most nervous about the trails being a mud pit. Wish me luck! LOL

2013-06-11 12:55 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan

OK - on to today's question: I know we discussed wetsuits and trisuits a bit (but honestly I couldn't find it when I tried to go back some pages) so here's my question: I have a sleeveless wetsuit I plan to use until the water gets to 78 degrees. After that, then what? I think I'd like to have something. I've seen people wearing what I think are "swimskins" in some events and have their tri shorts/top on underneath. I know we've also discussed the idea of wearing a one piece for the whole event - however I think I really want to have the 2 piece thing going on "just in case" but I'll need the one piece advantage in the water - does all my rambling make sense? So is a tri suit the same as a swimskin or speed suit? Seems every mfgr has their own name - and also, what is USAT legal?

THANKS!!

USAT legal and WTC legal are not necessarily the same thing.

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/04/news/ironman-announces-chan...

http://www.usatriathlon.org/about-multisport/rulebook/approved-skin...

The second link has a list of USAT legal swim skins. The first is a triathlete magazine article about WTC changes requiring all swimskins be textile only, no neoprene/rubber on the outside of the suit.

I have a swimskin that I use in non wetsuit legal races. It is by DeSoto and is essentially a one piece trisuit with the DeSoto float pad in it. You could wear it as your outfit for the whole triathlon but I choose to wear it over the top of my race gear and take it off in T1. Two things about swim skins. One, it should be super tight. It is the compression/tightness that makes it effective--like all of the swimmers were wearing at the Olympics a couple years ago. Two, it should also be hydrophobic so it 'slips' through the water.

Here is a link to a ST test of the HUUB swim skin:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Wetsuit_by_brand/HUUB/HUUB_SKN-1...

It essentially shows that the swim skin is good for a couple seconds/100.

I know that I feel faster in my swim skin. I wish I would have bought it a size smaller. Even at its current size, it is tight enough that I wouldn't want to wear it for a whole race, probably even a sprint.
2013-06-11 1:02 PM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Nancy,

I wish I had the answer for you. I have been riding my bike 3-5 times per week for a couple of years and I still get some soreness after longer rides. I have tried several different saddles and I am still not sure that I have the 'right' one. I am seriously thinking about giving the Adamo a whirl to see what I think.

Even TDF cyclists get some chafing/saddle/sores/generalized discomfort. I am of the opinion that there is almost always some level of discomfort involved with long rides. Others can correct me if they have found cycling nirvana.

Finding the right saddle can be a long process, at least for me.
2013-06-11 1:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
Nancy,

I appreciate this may not help much, but I can really empathise with the problems you're having. I had similar "damage" issues on my road bike until I discovered the ISM Adamo Road, which was much better. But after long rides I'd still be pretty sore. (I've lost loads of weight, and if anything it's made it worse because there's less "padding"!). My new saddle on the tri bike (ISM Adamo Breakaway) is a slightly different shape and is definitely better.

The other thing that I've found is that there can be a "build up" of pain on the saddle. If you've gone from nothing to riding 3 times a week, you may not be giving your "saddle area" any time to recover. And during that recovery period is probably when it'll toughen up. I've just ridden every day for a week, and by the last day it just hurt. I'm now having two days off, and I'm hoping that it'll be tougher once I get back on. But I can guarantee I'll be in pain by the end of the IM bike section...

I'm not sure that's really contributed anything, but at least you know you're not alone!
2013-06-11 1:42 PM

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Thanks for the feedback thus far. I'm pleased that my issue is just pressure in those 2 bony areas and I'm not having the issue of swelling, redness, chafing or tearing any longer. Progress. I'll give it more time in the saddle, making sure I give my body recovery time after my longer rides and revisit saddles down the road if need be.

I did try an Adamo (I forget which one), and is was uncomfortably wide in the nose for me. Even the adjustable nose Bontrager was too wide when adjusted to a wider nose.
2013-06-11 4:27 PM

User image

Regular
Wichita, KS
Specialized has recently released a new saddle called the Sitero. It has a wedge shaped nose that is designed to fit the angle of the pubic symphysis on the majority of adults (thus unisex design). They post bloodflow spectrographs of the pubic symphysis that is depicted to demonstrate less pressure. I haven't met anyone who has used one and the reviews are limited (could be just too new for much response yet). It does look alot like the Adamo. I'm interested in one but I'm also getting much more used to the one that came on my Kestral Talon. Just another option out there to consider.

2013-06-11 4:46 PM

User image

Regular
Wichita, KS
Regarding subscribing to BT, I'm glad I did. I really didn't have the time to figure out all the various workouts over the period of time I had available to train. My Silver membership gives me the option to choose a plan for the length of race I'm training for and a variety of levels of fitness and training time periods. You choose the plan and place your race date in and the plan just places the scheduled workouts in a calender. I have largely used the planned training schedule but it is easy to modify it as your daily availability changes. Overall, I like it and will likely use it again next season unless I join one of the local tri clubs.
2013-06-11 4:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
I've finally done my race reports.

First, my triathlon: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

And I also did an open water swim event that I've waffled about if you're interested: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

I've been trying to change my profile pic, but although it says it's uploaded the new one, it just seems to keep using the old one. Anyone had the same problem or know of a fix?
2013-06-11 8:13 PM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by chapfallen I've finally done my race reports. First, my triathlon: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... And I also did an open water swim event that I've waffled about if you're interested: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... I've been trying to change my profile pic, but although it says it's uploaded the new one, it just seems to keep using the old one. Anyone had the same problem or know of a fix?

I see your new avatar and I like it!!  Try clearing your cache and refresh.  Voila!

2013-06-12 3:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
Originally posted by SSMinnow

Originally posted by chapfallen I've finally done my race reports. First, my triathlon: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... And I also did an open water swim event that I've waffled about if you're interested: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... I've been trying to change my profile pic, but although it says it's uploaded the new one, it just seems to keep using the old one. Anyone had the same problem or know of a fix?

I see your new avatar and I like it!!  Try clearing your cache and refresh.  Voila!

I can't believe I'm having to ask this (I used to be really good with computers!), but how do I do that?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow's and Wannabefaster's Summer Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 88