of 44

2013-09-07 10:14 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN
Originally posted by JillB

Congrats to Nadine, Dan and Mike! And good luck to Suzy, Jayne and Linda this weekend!!!

I haven't been on in awhile. My training has tanked in the last few weeks while getting the school year started. Went for my first open water swim (or any swim, for that matter) in 3 weeks. First time swimming in choppy water, and I have to say it sucked. Got through it, though. That's really my only swim goal ever. To get through it. It's time to get serious about the rest of my training. 7 weeks to go and it all of a sudden doesn't feel like enough time!

Go watch some pros and top AG'ers tomorrow around Henderson. That'll get you motivated again!!

Fall off, get back on. I'm not letting the ''wife of Chet'' fall off the wagon yet!!!

Edited by TrevorC 2013-09-07 10:15 PM

2013-09-08 9:14 AM
in reply to: TrevorC

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Suzy is out of the water.

1:49 on the nose
2013-09-08 10:59 AM

User image

New user
Originally posted by TrevorC

Originally posted by JillB

Congrats to Nadine, Dan and Mike! And good luck to Suzy, Jayne and Linda this weekend!!!

I haven't been on in awhile. My training has tanked in the last few weeks while getting the school year started. Went for my first open water swim (or any swim, for that matter) in 3 weeks. First time swimming in choppy water, and I have to say it sucked. Got through it, though. That's really my only swim goal ever. To get through it. It's time to get serious about the rest of my training. 7 weeks to go and it all of a sudden doesn't feel like enough time!

Go watch some pros and top AG'ers tomorrow around Henderson. That'll get you motivated again!!

Fall off, get back on. I'm not letting the ''wife of Chet'' fall off the wagon yet!!!

Thanks, Trevor! Yes, he is quite an inspiration to me... and has a few of his own expectations as "the wife of Chet". He's already told me that he's going to bring a bullhorn to the race to keep me from taking too much time in transitions. lol. I told him he may not be invited to watch.

I wanted to volunteer for the Ironman 70.3 today, but didn't get my act together. May go out at watch for awhile. It's raining right now, so could be an interesting day.

Thanks for the update on Suzy. GO SUZY!!!
2013-09-08 3:49 PM
in reply to: JillB

User image

Expert
Noosa
Just got up, it's 6:42am here, Suzy's just about to finish the bike or may be in T2. IM using the My Athlete tracker app and I think it just keeps ticking until the next leg starts. It showsSuzy's swim as 2:04 and is currently showing a 6:39 bike but the total distance has stopped at 113.1 miles!
2013-09-08 4:02 PM
in reply to: copa2251

User image

Expert
Noosa
Ok, she's running! 6:44 bike split, 6 min T2 so she needs a 4:15 marathon to get under 13 hours. GO SUZY!
2013-09-08 4:05 PM
in reply to: JillB

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
Suzy of the bike onto the run. Hope she has a good marathon.2/3s done you got this

2013-09-08 4:41 PM
in reply to: mbehr1983

User image

Expert
Noosa
The My Athlete tracker app has great faith in Suzy, I pushed the ETA button to see what it did and it predicted that she would finish the last 25 miles in 2 hours 20mins!
2013-09-08 7:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
Cmon Suzy almost there and you will do 13.You got this. Just a bit more now
2013-09-08 8:48 PM
in reply to: mbehr1983

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
13:34.

Nice job Suz.

3 in a row.
Now have a beer and relax for a few months.
2013-09-08 9:27 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

WHAT A RACE!!!!  Way to go, Suzy!!!

Trevor, you're not done.  I'm 13 days and 12 hours out from my start - send cheers.

However, take a moment to toast the Niners who had a GREAT start to the season today (sorry, Suzy!)  Watch out, Seahwawks - you're next!!!

2013-09-08 9:35 PM
in reply to: velcromom

User image

Master

Ummmmm, Trevor... Don't look now but that's 4 in a row for our little Ironman. Better correct that before she beats you up!!

CONGRATULATIONS SUZY!!!

I continue to be in awe of an inspired by all you do, every single day. You're awesome.

Linda, bring on the 49'ers!!!!!!!!!!

2013-09-08 9:38 PM
in reply to: kkcbelle

User image

Expert
Noosa
Just back from my bike ride, great to see that Suzy's finished, well done!!! Now have a few beers and relax. Cider's very popular here at the moment, great post-ride recovery drink...
2013-09-09 12:58 AM

User image

Elite
san francisco
Congrats, Suzy! You did it AGAIN! Relentless pursuit of excellence. Well Done! I'm with David, cheers and hope you can celebrate with some choice bevvies...
2013-09-09 2:21 AM
in reply to: kt65

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

Congratulations Suzy!!!   Just in case you do not have time for those beverages, I promise to drink a few for you tonight.  Look forward to seeing the RR.

2013-09-09 4:20 AM
in reply to: 0

Do not want to be tracked by the audoi recorder at all and it will disturb and given out people's privacy and then a lot of trouble will comes. And now it seems that using the audio jammer is the best choice.

Edited by Suzan223Pian 2013-09-10 10:21 PM
2013-09-09 6:16 AM
in reply to: dcon

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

WOW, that was a long frickin' day. Yell

It's never a good start when the lake has white caps and no matter what direction you turn you're bombarded by waves and swallow a gallon of water.  A few people quit within 200m, some got pulled out later and a few missed the cutoff.  Oh to be an OWS!  I muscled through it the best I could.  I knew my time was off by a lot, but never looked.  Hit the bike to the same winds which increased to gusts of up to 30mph late in the ride.  Oh joy.  I figured my sub 13 was well gone, but i had a shot at a PR if I ran like the wind (ha!).  Started with that same searing back pain as last year up until mile 9-10.  It finally went away and I was able to run a good a good majority.  Faded at the end when my right foot started screaming at me.  I'd walk until it shut up and on it went.....

No sub13, no PR, but I got it done ending up 15th in my AG.

Today I do something more sane, sign up for Boston (a little 26.2m run) and pack for our trip!

2013-09-09 4:00 PM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Master
Suzy, I love your heart, grit, and determination! Way to tough it out. So hard, mentally, to start off the day like that with whitecaps in the water. Chop is so hard to swim in!! You kept it all together for the duration -- I hope you are proud of yourself today!! Happy recovery and have an awesome trip to Africa!! That has got to be the very best recovery plan I've ever heard of!!!
2013-09-09 4:35 PM

User image

Expert
Noosa
Have a great trip Suzy, sounds like you had a tough day but pushed on for a great result!
2013-09-09 8:17 PM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina
Originally posted by SSMinnow

WOW, that was a long frickin' day. Yell

It's never a good start when the lake has white caps and no matter what direction you turn you're bombarded by waves and swallow a gallon of water.  A few people quit within 200m, some got pulled out later and a few missed the cutoff.  Oh to be an OWS!  I muscled through it the best I could.  I knew my time was off by a lot, but never looked.  Hit the bike to the same winds which increased to gusts of up to 30mph late in the ride.  Oh joy.  I figured my sub 13 was well gone, but i had a shot at a PR if I ran like the wind (ha!).  Started with that same searing back pain as last year up until mile 9-10.  It finally went away and I was able to run a good a good majority.  Faded at the end when my right foot started screaming at me.  I'd walk until it shut up and on it went.....

No sub13, no PR, but I got it done ending up 15th in my AG.

Today I do something more sane, sign up for Boston (a little 26.2m run) and pack for our trip!

Congrats Suzy.  I'm always so impressed with your hard work and determination.  You are starting to make swimming in tough conditions look easy!  I'm sure you are going to enjoy the trip to Africa.  Recover well.

2013-09-09 8:34 PM
in reply to: jfought

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

I had a great weekend camping, running, doing yoga, playing frisbee, chillin' by the campfire, and just enjoying people.  Bruce and I ran a trail 5k Friday night.  It was supposed to be an untimed relaxed run, but I pushed pretty hard for me, finishing in 30:20. 

The main event for us was a trail half marathon Saturday morning.  Bruce knew I was going to try for a PR if things felt good, and he did a great job pacing me and picking my up when I face-planted in the woods.  I don't know if it was the run the night before, or just pushing the pace a little more than normal, but my calves were cramping for the last 6.5 miles (the right side mostly).  It was AWFUL.  I think I was drinking enough water, but since the temps were cool, I didn't take any electrolytes.  The beginning of the race felt great, but the course was a cake walk for the first 4 miles (rails to trails), and then we hit the single track hilly, sandy, root covered, crowded part.  I love the technical parts and especially the downhills. 

Bruce could tell you a lot of stories about my "performance".  LOL  Cramping sucks and it HURTS!  Yes, I'm a bit of a baby sometimes.  He would also tell you that sometimes I don't want to know the mileage, pace, or anything else, and other times I want to know the data down to the second.  And then there are times when I ask him to sing Wink and distract me.  He takes it all in stride (pun intended), and he helped me get that PR (by 4 minutes).  We came in with a time of 2:39:02.

oh oh oh, the most inspiring part of the running events was watching the 100 milers.  My friend, Mark Linn, ran his very first 100 and finished in 19:39:41 (2nd place overall out of 95).  D@mn impressive.....that's what that is.

2013-09-10 6:30 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

For those who want to waste a few minutes.  Here's the RR.

Jayne, I honestly think doing a sweat test and figuring out the NA level you need is really important regardless of temps.  I'm a runt and take in 500mg/hour between my Infinit and Salt Stick Caps. 

2013-09-10 8:50 AM

User image

Master

Congratulations Jayne, great job!!

I have to chuckle on how sometimes you want to know your data and sometimes not. When I run with Steve and Ryan, there are times I want them to tell me stories to distract me or push me or just STFU. It's always a balancing act when you're running with someone on the edge, ha!!

Sounds like an awesome weekend!!!

2013-09-11 2:27 PM

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina
On My Phone Again. Who's Racing This Weekend?How About The First Person To Reply Gets To Ask The Follow-Up Question?
2013-09-11 8:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

No racing here but am doing my last long day of training before Augusta. 1.2 swim, 56m bike and 7 m run.

What are the things you focus on your last training session? what is your goal of this session mental or physical and why?

2013-09-11 8:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

No racing here but am doing my last long day of training before Augusta. 1.2 swim, 56m bike and 7 m run.

What are the things you focus on your last training session? what is your goal of this session mental or physical and why?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 44