BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kaqphin (Super Cat's) Mentor group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2008-04-04 7:09 AM
in reply to: #1091616

User image

Pro
Simpsonville, SC
Subject: RE: kaqphin (Super Cat's) Mentor group - CLOSED
My weight is going in the wrong direction So as of today, I am logging all my food on weight watchers online. I know it is the only way to get this back under control. I really want to get under 140! Busy training weekend here. 6 mile run today, 62 mile bike tomorrow and 10 mile run on Sunday. The joys of HIM training! Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

2008-04-04 7:28 AM

User image

Champion
Sydney

Pam - great way to get back in control writing things down... I will be doing the same again in my BT log from MOnday...

I think this weekend (especially Sunday) I deserve to celebrate a bit... it really is all aobut me right?  

2008-04-04 1:37 PM

User image

Expert
I'm a Tennessee girl living in SoCal.
You absolutely should celebrate on Sunday, Cat. Heck, I usually celebrate my whole Birthweek. LOL

I weighed in today at 260.4. That puts me down 3.4 pounds since my initial weigh in for our challenge here.

I know it's a few days early since my last weigh in was on Monday. The doctor diagnosed me with tonsillitis this morning and put me on Prednisone, so I'm sure my weight will be all over the place during the 12 days I'm on it. So, I figured it made more sense to weigh in today before starting it so I could get a better idea of how I've done this week.

Sadly, the tonsillitis also means no Carlsbad 5000 for me this weekend. I've been looking forward to this particular race all year, so I'm VERY bummed out right now. I thought about just saying "screw it" and doing it anyway, but since the doctor told me NO training for at least 5 days, I figured I should heed her advice and just focus on getting well.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and have a VERY happy birthday, Cat!

2008-04-04 2:00 PM
in reply to: #1316172

User image

Pro
Simpsonville, SC
BunnyB - 2008-04-04 2:37 PM

You absolutely should celebrate on Sunday, Cat. Heck, I usually celebrate my whole Birthweek. LOL

I weighed in today at 260.4. That puts me down 3.4 pounds since my initial weigh in for our challenge here.

I know it's a few days early since my last weigh in was on Monday. The doctor diagnosed me with tonsillitis this morning and put me on Prednisone, so I'm sure my weight will be all over the place during the 12 days I'm on it. So, I figured it made more sense to weigh in today before starting it so I could get a better idea of how I've done this week.

Sadly, the tonsillitis also means no Carlsbad 5000 for me this weekend. I've been looking forward to this particular race all year, so I'm VERY bummed out right now. I thought about just saying "screw it" and doing it anyway, but since the doctor told me NO training for at least 5 days, I figured I should heed her advice and just focus on getting well.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and have a VERY happy birthday, Cat!

BUmmer, Melissa. Prednisone is nasty business. I feel so mean and awful (and so do my kids) whenever we've had to take it. You have the right mindset about getting healthy. There will be other races. It is still hard to take. Maybe you could volunteer or something to still stay in the spirit of the race without stressing your body?

2008-04-04 3:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vancouver, British Columbia

Take care of your self now.  you've got bigger races coming up   but sorry to hear that you'll be missing the race. Get better soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CELEBRATE ENJOY!!!! 

2008-04-04 6:35 PM

User image

Champion
Sydney

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!!!

Mel - Prednisolone is the drug i was on most of 2006 and gave me all the weight gain.... I understand your frustration Well 12 days isnt long enough for any irreversible damage or the long term side effects so try yo see the positive althouigh I know its hard right now! 

Im really sorry you are sick but I hope this starts to make you feel better really soon! 

2008-04-04 6:38 PM
in reply to: #1316239

User image

Champion
Sydney

barqhead - 2008-04-05 7:00 AM
BunnyB - 2008-04-04 2:37 PM You absolutely should celebrate on Sunday, Cat. Heck, I usually celebrate my whole Birthweek. LOL I weighed in today at 260.4. That puts me down 3.4 pounds since my initial weigh in for our challenge here. I know it's a few days early since my last weigh in was on Monday. The doctor diagnosed me with tonsillitis this morning and put me on Prednisone, so I'm sure my weight will be all over the place during the 12 days I'm on it. So, I figured it made more sense to weigh in today before starting it so I could get a better idea of how I've done this week. Sadly, the tonsillitis also means no Carlsbad 5000 for me this weekend. I've been looking forward to this particular race all year, so I'm VERY bummed out right now. I thought about just saying "screw it" and doing it anyway, but since the doctor told me NO training for at least 5 days, I figured I should heed her advice and just focus on getting well. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and have a VERY happy birthday, Cat!
BUmmer, Melissa. Prednisone is nasty business. I feel so mean and awful (and so do my kids) whenever we've had to take it. You have the right mindset about getting healthy. There will be other races. It is still hard to take. Maybe you could volunteer or something to still stay in the spirit of the race without stressing your body?

Oh I was a basket case on teh stuff... I would have the biggest and fastest mood swings... I was living with someone at the time and I dont know how he put up with me...I would get so wound up I would throw stuff (nothing serious - my hand bag mainly usually out the door into the courtyard or a pillow to the back of the bedroom door out of frustration) and cry...

Didnt realise how much of it was because of the drugs until I finally got to reduce the doses and stay off the higher doses for good.... YUCK! It completely changed my personality in that regard.... just awful!

Edited by kaqphin 2008-04-04 6:38 PM
2008-04-05 8:37 PM

User image

Pro
Simpsonville, SC
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR CAT!!!! Thanks for being a great mentor. Hope you have a great day!!!

2008-04-05 8:43 PM

User image

Master
somewhere over the rainbow
happy birthday cat!!

sorry i haven't been around too much! i get all caught up in the challenges, and don't stop by here as much as i wish i did.

i still want in on the weight loss thing, if it's not too late. i havne't weighed myself in a while though, so i will weigh in tomorrow morning. i'd really like to get below 140 by the time of my first race (may 10th) and i THINK i'm around 145 or so now. maybe 147?? don't know.

you guys have ALL done KILLER races, i've read race reports, and tried to keep up with you all, and you're FREAKING AWESOME!! i'm totally wigging out here!! how did *I* get on such a team of stallions!?!?

anyway, i will weigh in tomorrow morning, and post here again,

and most of all, i came by to wish our favorite cat a happy birthday!! i've been spreading it all over BT that it's your b-day
2008-04-05 8:51 PM
in reply to: #1318220

User image

Expert
lyssa-gator - 2008-04-05 6:43 PM

you guys have ALL done KILLER races, i've read race reports, and tried to keep up with you all, and you're FREAKING AWESOME!! i'm totally wigging out here!! how did *I* get on such a team of stallions!?!?

I keep wondering the same thing about myself, Lyssa! LOL
2008-04-05 9:07 PM

User image

Master
can't fool ME melissa!! i've seen your logs!! you're TOTALLY a stallion!! despite all the health issues and other stuff, you're still out there, doing it! and that's awesome!!

2008-04-05 9:21 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAT!!!

Eh, it's cause we've got great support and encouragement here! Glad to see ya Lyssa! Don't be a stranger! We miss you!! Hope everyone's having a great weekend..I need to get ready for bed so I can bike and run tomorrow!

2008-04-05 9:43 PM
in reply to: #1318248

User image

Expert
lyssa-gator - 2008-04-05 7:07 PM

can't fool ME melissa!! i've seen your logs!! you're TOTALLY a stallion!! despite all the health issues and other stuff, you're still out there, doing it! and that's awesome!!

Awww shoot! I feel probably the farthest one could feel from being a stallion given my current weight and fitness levels, but thank you none the less. I'm just so inspired by each and every one of you and other folks here at BT, too. There's not a time I go out to train that I don't think about my peeps here at BT.

Oh, and Lyssa ....

2008-04-06 7:37 AM
in reply to: #1318220

User image

Champion
Sydney

lyssa-gator - 2008-04-06 11:43 AM happy birthday cat!! sorry i haven't been around too much! i get all caught up in the challenges, and don't stop by here as much as i wish i did. i still want in on the weight loss thing, if it's not too late. i havne't weighed myself in a while though, so i will weigh in tomorrow morning. i'd really like to get below 140 by the time of my first race (may 10th) and i THINK i'm around 145 or so now. maybe 147?? don't know. you guys have ALL done KILLER races, i've read race reports, and tried to keep up with you all, and you're FREAKING AWESOME!! i'm totally wigging out here!! how did *I* get on such a team of stallions!?!? anyway, i will weigh in tomorrow morning, and post here again, and most of all, i came by to wish our favorite cat a happy birthday!! i've been spreading it all over BT that it's your b-day

I cant beleive your bday is only one day before mine!!! Thats so cool!

Thanks EVERYONE for the birthday wishes! 

2008-04-06 9:43 AM

User image

Master
ahhh, thanks melissa! and cat! i had a good birthday, i'm a whopping 31 now. which is weird, considering i still feel like an awkward 17 year old.

anyway, i weighed in this morning, so i could jump in on your weight loss challenge, and was pleasantly surprised! (what a shocker!!)

1. amount to lost--7 pounds
2. current weight--145
3. how to reach goal? i need to seriously rearrange my eating, i was doing really well, until the Holidays, and i don't really gain weight, but i've quit losing it, and i know it's all the cookies, Easter candy, and potato bread (yikes, does it get ANY worse than POTATO BREAD?!?) that i've been horking down. so it's back to whole grains, lots of vegetables, and water water water for me.
4. reward for getting down to 138--new gap jeans. i tried some on the other day, but they're dang like $60. but getting in to the 130's is worth it to me.

again, you guys are totally awesome, i've MISSED you, so i'll be sure to be around MUCH more.

oh yeah, and this spring, it's new bike time!! i think i'm getting a trek 1.2 (price is right, as it's my first bike, i'm not really sure spending $5000 right now would be prudent )
i'll see if i can find a pic of it.
2008-04-06 9:55 AM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana

Yeah Lyssa! New bike, new bike!! We look forward to the pictures once you get it!

So, I weighed in today at 136.5, so that's good, 1.5 down, 4.5 to go for the month of April.  Have really been focusing on no extra snacking, and when I want a snack going for fresh fruit. It was a lower volume exercise week too with recovery, so I'm happy!

I'm going for a ride with a local bike club this afternoon...we'll see how that goes...

2008-04-06 3:03 PM

User image

Master
yikes! i have been working WAY too much on long and slow. i did some speed work today, and it SUCKED!!! i really need to focus on this for a while clearly, i made a mile and a half in 12:51 and i walked about 1/4 of it (??) but with the hills, with the coming off of having upper resp stuff. yeah. it sucked BIG TIME!!

hopefully i can get out again tomorrow and then i'll try to do some hill workout.
2008-04-06 4:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

WOOWHOOO epic ride accomplished! 

And it was a day where everything clicked. No bonking.  Pedaled extremely hard.

Learned a lot and had a ton of fun. I have a whole new appreciation for Iron Man.

2008-04-06 6:47 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Lyssa/Jeni--awesome! Speed work is cool--I'm starting to do more if myself, usually I just run.  I knew you'd have a great ride Jeni, what'd you end up doing nutrition wise?  I went with the Bell County Bike Club today for a 30 miler when invited by a local BT'er, and it was a lot of fun.  Some fasties stay up in a pack, but everyone sort of spreads out and getting into aero was possible without breaking etiquette...then at major turns the main (i.e. not super fast) group stopped and waited for the rest of the crew.  There were several tri bikes in the group, and it seemed like a really friendly crew. I will be back! There is LOTS of cycling in my future cause I'm falling in love with my bike!
2008-04-06 6:53 PM

User image

Master
oh no!! someone teach me proper bike etiquette before i buy my new bike!! LOL
great ride jeni, great ride brit. one of these days i'm going to be a cyclist, but i am just SO NOT her yet!! one day i'll be her, but as my dd says "not-today!!"

i just found a running plan that i'm going to try. i've always kind of stayed away from plans since my schedule is so erratic, but i sort of adapted it to my needs, and i think i'll be seeing some decent improvement in the running dept. (hope hope) it's just 4 runs a week, 2 regular, one speedwork, and one long slow-i think i can manage it.

other than that. i turned down a cookie this afternoon when i REALLY wanted it, i stared at it for a really really long time, and then re-vamped the running plan with it right in front of me. planning all those challenging runs with a cookie staring me in the face gave me some new perspective on the cookie.

2008-04-06 8:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
way to say no to the cookie!!!

It was interesting riding with the tri's vs the cycling group.  In a cycling ride it's all about staying together. We were a lot more spread out yesterday and going our own paces. About every 20-30 minutes we would stop and regroup or at the top of a big hill.

Food: we had an experienced cyclist who was a machine!!! so he would stop every 30 minutes or so and remind everyone to eat.. then he'd leave us in the dust til the next stop   towards the end of the day our stops became a bit less frequent and some people suffered from not enough nutrition the last few miles.  I ended up going through 5 gels (had one just before we started), 2 cliff bars, and 2 luna bars plus two H20 bottles of cytomax and a bottle of EmergenC. Basically about a gel and a bar an hour.  It was nice having the gu for the instant pick me up and the bars to curb any sensation of getting hungry.  I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of  cytomax since I tend to sweat a lot and need the electrolytes. Tried the EmergenC since it comes in nice little packets but I didn't like the taste and it seemed to hit my stomach wrong. So more cytomax next time. So technically I was up over 300calories per hour which may be little high but no bonking!! Really great learning experience and I am so glad I bought the gels on a whim.  I thought I had brought more than enough food but it turned out to be the perfect amount.

2008-04-06 8:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Oh!  I have officially been nicknamed "Crazylegs." 

If you go to the British Columbia forums and look for a thread for the group ride to Oosoyoos you can see and hear all about our adventures (and see we're already planning our next epic ride!).  But long story short, Since I'm still learning what my legs can do and was intimidated for the ride so was posting to make sure it wasn't a hammerfest ect. so Hazmaster quoted my logs from last sunday when my coach called me Crazylegs.  Turns out I was the hammer on saturday and may never live it down. 

anybody know if it's possible to change your screename?  i like the sound of Crazylegs. 

2008-04-06 8:21 PM

User image

Expert
WTG on such a great ride today! I've never tried the Cytomax, but you're this second person today that has mentioned it. I might have to check it out. Terri (MrsUSMC) picked up my goodie bag for the race I had to skip today and she mentioned there were some great samples in it and one of them is Cytomax.

As for changing your login name, I know there must be some way to do it. I've seen a couple of people do it in the past week or so.

Ok, I just checked the FAQ's and found this from Ron:

"Can I change my username? No, only I can. Contact me through the 'contact' link at the bottom with your requested username. ALL of your data will go with the new name."

Here's the link to send him a PM if you decide you do want to change your login name.
2008-04-06 8:24 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Jeni- good to learn stuff on the long rides--I'll be going that way soon too...I'm thinking of trying Infint as I have heard lots of people talk about it and I won't be able to carry all those bars and stuff (even though I love the chocolate mint Cliff bars!) during my HIM.  So, if I do it, I'll let you know how it goes, I use GU2O and have liked it a lot too.  Anyhow, as for the screen name, I think if you PM Marmadaddy he's the one that can change it...come July when I am no longer an MP and am a civilian, I'm just gonna drop the MP from my name and be TexasGal!
2008-04-06 8:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I checked with Ron and Marm... crazylegs is taken :-D

they will just have to come up with a better one  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kaqphin (Super Cat's) Mentor group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44