of 137

2009-03-16 10:15 AM
in reply to: #2020284

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-16 9:27 AM

Either everyone is sleeping in (Spring Break) and/or getting rest after some aewsome training (evident in the logs) and/or everyone is having to actually work on this wonderful Monday Morning!  Something I have to do too, just procrastinating!

Work since I will be off the next 3 days hanging with the kids while they are on break.

It is offcial that my boys will be doing the kids tri (200, 5mi, 1mi) at my July Tri. They are 14, 12 and 12 (twins). We did thier first bike ride Sunday. It took me about an hour to get all the bikes all fixed up and ride ready since they have been sitting in the garage all winter.  The wife has even thought about doing it. She is not sure her knee will hold up running so she is going to test it out this week. She has put me on "find a bike duty"

So did anyone add Bonnie Tyler to their play list..."crickets chirpping"....

2009-03-16 2:23 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-16 10:27 AM

Either everyone is sleeping in (Spring Break) and/or getting rest after some aewsome training (evident in the logs) and/or everyone is having to actually work on this wonderful Monday Morning!  Something I have to do too, just procrastinating!

*cracks whip*
get to work!

Todd- that's awesome that it's a family affair!  I so wish I could get the husband on board with any part of racing... then I woudln't feel so guilty for all the training I've been doing!

2009-03-17 7:31 AM
in reply to: #2020404

User image

Master
Houston

That's awesome about the wife/kids! It's got to add a whole other level of fun to the sport to have your family joining you  

As far as Bonnie goes, I got as far as googling her

Newtons1st - 2009-03-16 10:15 AM

Work since I will be off the next 3 days hanging with the kids while they are on break.

It is offcial that my boys will be doing the kids tri (200, 5mi, 1mi) at my July Tri. They are 14, 12 and 12 (twins). We did thier first bike ride Sunday. It took me about an hour to get all the bikes all fixed up and ride ready since they have been sitting in the garage all winter.  The wife has even thought about doing it. She is not sure her knee will hold up running so she is going to test it out this week. She has put me on "find a bike duty"

So did anyone add Bonnie Tyler to their play list..."crickets chirpping"....

2009-03-17 7:33 AM

User image

Master
Houston

I actually have been having to work

We got a new product in and had to debug it, thankfully most of the long hours are past and I should be able to check BT again!

Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-16 9:27 AM

2009-03-17 7:39 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

Boo.  Work stinks like that.  I've had to actually work a bit lately too.  Work definately threw up all over me yesterday.  If I have to put together another powerpoint presentation I might tear out my eyeballs.

At least I have the training for stress relief.

So as a side note, one of the girls I work with told me yesterday that I've inspired her to run a marathon!  We're going to start running a few days after work next week.  She also has access to the UT pool, which is all of a block from work, and wants to swim once or twice a week too.  Yay for a potential training partner!

2009-03-17 8:07 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY

Happy St. Patty's Day mates!!!  I'm baaa-ack.  I can't wait to catch up on what everyone's been up to.  I skimmed the thread briefly while I was away, but tried my hardest to forget about everything that was going on at home.

Let me just say that Australia is amazing, and I urge everyone to make the trek if at all possible!  It is such a beautiful country and the people could not be any more friendly and outgoing, and are just completely refreshing to be around.  Nicole will probably be the only one to appreciate this, but I still have to throw it out there, Australia also has the best looking men in the world (sorry guys).  My drinking tolerance was put to the ultimate test, and I'm proud to say my liver and I made it through with flying colors and not the touch of a hangover....a serious miracle!  With all that said, it was quite possibily one of the best trips I've ever had and it was sad to say goodbye.  But I have a pretty strong feeling I'll be back in the near future.

I've got some pretty brutal jet lag at the moment (think, roughly 5 hours of sleep since Sunday), but I'm hoping to get back to training by the end of the week....the weekend at the latest.

2009-03-17 8:29 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

Yay!  Welcome back KelliD!

I can definately appreciate the Austrailian men comment... one of my favorite college memories.  

Glad you had fun and your liver didn't give out.  You're a champ!  Endurance drinking athlete thru and thru.  Good luck getting your sleep back to normal.

2009-03-17 8:54 AM
in reply to: #2022443

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
KelliD - 2009-03-17 8:07 AM

Happy St. Patty's Day mates!!!  I'm baaa-ack.  I can't wait to catch up on what everyone's been up to.  I skimmed the thread briefly while I was away, but tried my hardest to forget about everything that was going on at home.

Let me just say that Australia is amazing, and I urge everyone to make the trek if at all possible!  It is such a beautiful country and the people could not be any more friendly and outgoing, and are just completely refreshing to be around.  Nicole will probably be the only one to appreciate this, but I still have to throw it out there, Australia also has the best looking men in the world (sorry guys).  My drinking tolerance was put to the ultimate test, and I'm proud to say my liver and I made it through with flying colors and not the touch of a hangover....a serious miracle!  With all that said, it was quite possibily one of the best trips I've ever had and it was sad to say goodbye.  But I have a pretty strong feeling I'll be back in the near future.

I've got some pretty brutal jet lag at the moment (think, roughly 5 hours of sleep since Sunday), but I'm hoping to get back to training by the end of the week....the weekend at the latest.

Obviously, you have never been to Texas!  Ha Ha....lol!

I am glad your back, and it's nice to read that you had a good break and enjoyed every aspect of it.  It would be sooooo cool to go to the land down under!  Lifelong goal of mine.  Welcome back!

2009-03-17 9:02 AM
in reply to: #2021114

User image

Nicole83 - 2009-03-16 2:23 PM

*cracks whip*
get to work!

Todd- that's awesome that it's a family affair!  I so wish I could get the husband on board with any part of racing... then I woudln't feel so guilty for all the training I've been doing! 

Ouch! That thing hurts... (whip!) You wield that thing like ol' Indy... you are old enough to know Indiana Jones, right?  see what happens when you mess with the old guy! give me that whip! SMACK!

Oh yeah & Todd!   The family and tri's....frickin' awesome brother!  What better way to get motivated than by having them all in it with ya.  On again - off again in that regard at mi casa...

2009-03-17 9:19 AM
in reply to: #2022575

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-17 10:02 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-03-16 2:23 PM

*cracks whip*
get to work!

Ouch! That thing hurts... (whip!) You wield that thing like ol' Indy... you are old enough to know Indiana Jones, right?  see what happens when you mess with the old guy! give me that whip! SMACK!

Oh yeah & Todd!   The family and tri's....frickin' awesome brother!  What better way to get motivated than by having them all in it with ya.  On again - off again in that regard at mi casa...

Well, I may not be almost FORTY, but yes, I know who Indiana Jones is. 

Muah ha ha ha ha...

I would run away to avoid getting beat for that comment, except that I would need a 2 hour head start or else you would totally catch me. 

2009-03-17 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2022547

User image

Master
Houston

Welcome back! I think you meant to say best looking men with the exception of US triathletes

Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-17 8:54 AM
KelliD - 2009-03-17 8:07 AM

Obviously, you have never been to Texas!  Ha Ha....lol!

I am glad your back, and it's nice to read that you had a good break and enjoyed every aspect of it.  It would be sooooo cool to go to the land down under!  Lifelong goal of mine.  Welcome back!

2009-03-17 9:31 AM
in reply to: #2022631

User image

Well, I may not be almost FORTY, but yes, I know who Indiana Jones is. 

Muah ha ha ha ha...

I would run away to avoid getting beat for that comment, except that I would need a 2 hour head start or else you would totally catch me. 

Damn skippy there youngin'....   you better be nice to ol' gramps!  I'll pinch the heck out of your Non-Green wearing butt today.... and don't be fibbin' and sayin' you got some green on.... cause you know you forgot this morning! Cool 

2009-03-17 9:39 AM
in reply to: #2022655

User image

evondo - 2009-03-17 9:29 AM

Welcome back! I think you meant to say best looking men with the exception of US triathletes

Ha Ha.... yeah what he said!  Hey Kelli, are the Aussie women hot too? I'll trust your judgement.  Just in case I need another reason to plan the trip...

Well, I actually have to work today... So, I'll check back later!  I hope y'all have a fun St. Paddy's Day!

Edited by Tri_n_2_b_fast 2009-03-17 9:41 AM
2009-03-17 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2022655

User image

Master
New York, NY
evondo - 2009-03-17 10:29 AM

Thanks!

Ok, you have something there.  One huge exception though.....Craig Alexander!

2009-03-17 9:52 AM
in reply to: #2022693

User image

Master
New York, NY
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-17 10:39 AM

Ha Ha.... yeah what he said!  Hey Kelli, are the Aussie women hot too? I'll trust your judgement.  Just in case I need another reason to plan the trip...

Well, I actually have to work today... So, I'll check back later!  I hope y'all have a fun St. Paddy's Day!

The women are hot too!  Most everyone I came across it fit, thin and no qualms about walking around anywhere and everywhere in bathing suits.  Maybe it was just where I was, but I saw very few heavy/overweight people.....far less than in the U.S.

2009-03-17 6:20 PM
in reply to: #2022743

User image

New user
St. Louis Park, MN

Yep I need an imported girl friend!!!  I wont be as strange to an import as a native.  Tongue out

Welcome home Kelli!

2009-03-18 7:39 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

So my pee was green this morning.

While I don't remember all the details, I assume that means I had fun last night.

Planning a swim over lunch, I wonder if this is a bad idea?

How's everyone else this morning?

2009-03-18 8:37 AM
in reply to: #2024784

User image

Master
New York, NY
Nicole83 - 2009-03-18 8:39 AM

While I don't remember all the details, I assume that means I had fun last night.

Green pee....nice work last night!!  Maybe you did my share of drinking too.  Sadly, I was way too tired to partake in any St. Patty's Day festivities and was in bed at 9pm.

2009-03-18 8:43 AM
in reply to: #2024784

User image

Nicole83 - 2009-03-18 7:39 AM

Well that a fine Good Morning to ya (Irish accent)!  Nice, by the way... kinda jealous actually.  It's been a many of years since I experienced that kind of fun.  I had two Dos XX's with lime, about a green as I got yesterday.  Like Kelli, I just didn't have it in me to venture out and enjoy the ol' Irish fun.

Besides, I would've been hatin' it even worse this morning, on the trainer, had I woke up to green pee!

As far as your swim goes, I say jump in and do the damn thing... just don't pee in the pool - others will surely know!

2009-03-18 9:31 AM

User image

New user
St. Louis Park, MN

Wow green pee!

Sounds like you got those of us covered that didn't get out for sure.  i was working all night so I didn't get many curls in.  Though a friend offered to bring me some beer!

I'm really worried here my friends.  My calfs and ankles are still sore from sunday night.  I have iced them a few times (using frzen peas!  Good coverage.)  I'm gunna try for a 20 min run outside today.......

2009-03-18 10:08 AM
in reply to: #2025050

User image

Epyon - 2009-03-18 9:31 AM

Wow green pee!

Sounds like you got those of us covered that didn't get out for sure.  i was working all night so I didn't get many curls in.  Though a friend offered to bring me some beer!

I'm really worried here my friends.  My calfs and ankles are still sore from sunday night.  I have iced them a few times (using frzen peas!  Good coverage.)  I'm gunna try for a 20 min run outside today.......

Ha.... frozen green peas! lol... sorry had to!

Advil / Ibuprofin and take it easy... don't push the injury factor.  Low impact, maybe eliptical at the gym or just log a few extra miles on the bike!  Give your body time to recover and even adjust!

Good luck!  If all else fails.... 46 x 12oz curls!  It'll stop hurtin' when the pain goes away! Cool  My lil' nugget of wisdom!

2009-03-18 12:34 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

Here's a question...

The only race swims I've ever done have been fresh water lakes.

The race I'm doing end of April is saltwater, and so is the IM I'm toying with the idea of doing.  While I have swam in the ocen before, I've never raced in the ocean.  Is there anything special that I should be aware of as I prepare to race with salt water/waves/etc?  I would like to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks for any feedback

2009-03-18 1:33 PM
in reply to: #2025603

User image

A fond taste of salt might be helpful... as I have learned swimming while in Mexico on vacation.  When (as compared to IF) you swallow some... it is an acquired taste.  Oh yeah, shark repellant! lol!  Like Batman used in his "oldies" movie... not the modern versions.

I found that bouyancy with a wetsuit (from diving) is great in salt water.  Other than the taste and this bouyancy factor... I can't offer up much else.  I have never raced in the ocean.  Clear Lake for an Olympic Tri last year was more of brackish water... (fresh/salt mix)... inlet off of Galveston bay.

I hope someone else can offer up some better info.  You'll do great, either way...leading out of the water!

2009-03-19 7:57 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Buoyancy is good.

What about sighting?   Does the tide play a role in pace/speed?  Any good ways to avoid swallowing salt water?  What happens if my goggles leak?

I'm overthinking this, huh?

Edited by Nicole83 2009-03-19 8:14 AM
2009-03-19 8:42 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY

Last summer one of the tri's I did had an ocean swim.  I really didn't have any way to train for ocean swimming, and the morning of the race realized it had been a good 5 years+ since I'd swam in the ocean.  The main thing I noticed was that due to the tide/current my pace was a lot faster than any lake swims I'd done.  As for taking in salt water, the best I can offer here is just come to terms that your going to get at least a few face fulls and it's going to taste repulsive.  If/when my goggle leak I usually just roll onto my back and readjust them.  A tip I learned early on, (and maybe you already do this) is to put your swim cap on over your goggles....if you happened to get pummled by any waves or get hit/kicked/swam over/etc by others swimmers, less chance of losing your goggles.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137